- Historic Wheeling venue gets help from oil and gas drilling Updated: Jun-28-15 1:41 pm
WHEELING, West Virginia - The historic Capitol Theatre in Wheeling is getting a boost from oil and gas drilling.
- Becker's Hardware sign is a ghost of Wheeling's past Updated: Jun-27-15 9:46 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - If you're walking north along Market Street - near the entrance to the Wheeling Tunnel and the back entrance to the old Stone & Thomas Department Store, now the Stone Center - and happen to look up, you'll see a faded sign for "Becker's Hardware." The business ceased to be a going concern in fall 2001, which is a shame according to local farmer Andy Hogan.
- Southwestern Energy donates $500K for petroleum scholarships Updated: Jun-23-15 3:05 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - Southwestern Energy is donating $500,000 combined to fund petroleum technology scholarships at Pierpont Community and Technical College and West Virginia Northern Community College.
- Wheeling erects statue of W.Va. founder Francis Pierpont Updated: Jun-21-15 11:21 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - Wheeling has erected a statue of West Virginia founding father Francis H. Pierpont at the site of the state's birthplace.
- Public hearings set on Mountaineer Gas' rate hike request Updated: Jun-15-15 1:16 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - State regulators are holding public comment hearings on Mountaineer Gas Company's proposed $12.2 million rate increase.
- Police seek man who fired shots from Wheeling hotel garage Updated: Jun-15-15 8:22 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - Wheeling police are seeking a man who fired several gunshots from the upper level of a hotel's parking garage.
- Chesapeake Energy seeks dismissal of nonprofits' lawsuit Updated: Jun-14-15 3:13 pm
WHEELING, West Virginia - Chesapeake Energy is seeking the dismissal of a lawsuit that alleges it took oil and gas from a property without a lease agreement with the owners.
- Glen Dale woman pleads guilty to taking money from nonprofit Updated: Jun-10-15 1:08 pm
WHEELING, West Virginia - A Glen Dale woman has pleaded guilty to taking money from a nonprofit organization.
- W.Va. sex offender charged with sexually abusing children Updated: Jun-04-15 10:47 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - A West Virginia man has been indicted on sexual abuse charges involving children.
- Elementary school teachers pedal bicycles to class Updated: Jun-04-15 8:44 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - Three Woodsdale Elementary School teachers have started a ritual of riding their bicycles to and from the school each day.
- Work release program escapee caught in Wheeling Updated: Jun-01-15 10:56 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - Police in Wheeling have arrested a man who escaped from a prison work release program in Huntington.