- Once a sideshow, now old, former preemies praise bold doctor Updated: Jul-31-15 1:44 am
LONG BEACH, New York - At age 95, Lucille Horn often reflects on her long, full life, with a husband and five children, and how it might not have happened if not for the renegade doctor who put her in a Coney Island sideshow when she was just days old.
- Jenner Olympic Torch fetches $24,000 at auction Updated: Jul-31-15 12:26 am
NEW YORK - The 1984 Summer Olympic Torch that Bruce Jenner carried through Lake Tahoe, Nevada, sold for just under $24,000 at an auction of sports memorabilia Thursday.
- Off-duty NYPD officer shot in arm in Brooklyn Updated: Jul-29-15 6:14 am
NEW YORK - An off-duty New York Police Department officer has been wounded in a shooting.
- NYPD launches probe after woman found dead in Brooklyn hotel Updated: Jul-23-15 11:28 pm
NEW YORK - Police are investigating after a woman was found dead at a Brooklyn hotel.
- Police find snakes, alligator in Brooklyn apartment Updated: Jul-22-15 6:25 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD says an alligator and nine snakes were far away from their natural habitats when officers found them in a Brooklyn apartment.
- NYC medical supply merchant sentenced in Medicaid fraud case Updated: Jul-20-15 6:56 pm
NEW YORK - The owner of a Brooklyn medical supply business was sentenced to up to 21 years in prison in a Medicaid fraud scheme.
- Brooklyn man fatally stabbed; 19-year-old son arrested Updated: Jul-19-15 12:10 pm
NEW YORK - Authorities say a 19-year-old Brooklyn man has been arrested in connection to the fatal stabbing of his father.
- NY audit rejects some preschool special education costs Updated: Jul-19-15 8:04 am
ALBANY, New York - New York auditors say some expenses submitted by a special education preschool in Brooklyn shouldn't be reimbursed by the government.
- 2 men killed in separate shootings in Brooklyn Updated: Jul-18-15 9:13 am
NEW YORK - Two men are dead after separate shootings in the East New York section of Brooklyn.
- Ex-NY Congressman Grimm gets 8 months of prison in tax case Updated: Jul-17-15 3:38 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Grimm, a former New York congressman and FBI agent who once investigated white-collar crime, was sentenced Friday to 8 months in prison for tax evasion by a judge who said his "moral compass" needed adjustment.
- MTV causes stir with film on white people Updated: Jul-17-15 11:43 am
NEW YORK - One of the challenges for makers of the MTV documentary "White People" was getting folks to talk about race when they didn't feel the issue concerned them - like those quoted as saying they consider white the "default race" or "normal."
- Suspect in custody in rape of 82-year-old Brooklyn woman Updated: Jul-17-15 6:58 am
NEW YORK - Police say a teenager is in custody in connection with the rape of an 82-year-old woman in her Brooklyn home.
- 2 convicted in shooting death of toddler in his stroller Updated: Jul-16-15 4:34 pm
NEW YORK - Two men charged in the shooting death of a toddler being pushed along a street in a stroller were convicted on Thursday.
- NYPD, feds break up street gang that terrorized New York Updated: Jul-16-15 3:54 pm
NEW YORK - New York City police and federal agents said Thursday they dismantled a violent street gang that terrorized residents, made big bucks off drugs and robberies and left a trail of bodies in its wake.
- Public library's Brooklyn Heights project moves forward Updated: Jul-16-15 6:55 am
NEW YORK - A redevelopment plan for the Brooklyn Heights library branch has taken a step forward.
- Free broadband for 5 NYC housing developments Updated: Jul-16-15 1:07 am
NEW YORK - The city is poised to begin providing free Internet broadband access to more than 16,000 residents of its sprawling public housing system.
- Spinning vinyl into art: Recycling records for novelties Updated: Jul-15-15 5:10 am
NEW YORK - These vinyl records give "remaster" a new meaning.
- Several injured by debris from Brooklyn building collapse Updated: Jul-14-15 8:56 pm
NEW YORK - The Fire Department says several people suffered minor injuries when they were hit by debris from a building collapse in Brooklyn.
- Brooklyn Law School: Jobless grads will get some money back Updated: Jul-13-15 5:41 pm
NEW YORK - New students at Brooklyn Law School will enter their profession with a novel safeguard: They'll get 15 percent of their tuition back if they can't find a suitable full-time job in nine months.
- Prosecutors' in-house investigators behind NY criminal cases Updated: Jul-13-15 2:49 pm
NEW YORK - Years ago as a young prosecutor, Preet Bharara was driving in New York City's Little Italy with a dogged investigator named Ken McCabe, who suddenly recognized some mobsters, rolled down his window and surprised them by addressing them by their Mafia nicknames.
- Crash near Barclays Center kills bicyclist, injures 3 people Updated: Jul-13-15 12:35 pm
NEW YORK - Authorities say a crash near the Barclays Center in Brooklyn has killed a bicyclist and injured three other people.
- Police seek suspect in NYC park shootings Updated: Jul-13-15 8:25 am
NEW YORK - Police are searching for a suspect after two teenage boys were wounded by gunfire in a Brooklyn park.
- Police say 2 teens shot in Brooklyn's Prospect Park Updated: Jul-12-15 10:29 pm
NEW YORK - Police say two teenage boys have been shot in Prospect Park near the Brooklyn Museum.
- Nets agree to deal in principle with 2006 top pick Bargnani Updated: Jul-12-15 8:15 pm
NEW YORK - The Brooklyn Nets have agreed to a deal with former No. 1 pick Andrea Bargnani.
- A year after Eric Garner, sadness and anger, but change Updated: Jul-12-15 11:26 am
NEW YORK - It was nearly a year ago when Eric Garner, standing outside a convenience store on July 17, had the encounter with New York City police that led to his death.