- Suspect in killing of New York governor's aide is arraigned Updated: May-27-16 4:36 pm
NEW YORK - A man accused of participating in a gunbattle that left an aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo mortally wounded in the hours before Brooklyn's West Indian Day Parade was arraigned on a murder charge Friday, and prosecutors said more arrests are expected.
- The Latest: Police testing bullets in T.I. concert shooting Updated: May-27-16 3:23 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on a fatal shooting inside a New York City concert venue where hip-hop artist T.I. was getting ready to perform (all times local):
- Driver speeding down sidewalk sends pedestrians scattering Updated: May-27-16 8:36 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say a driver trying to make a getaway sped down a busy New York City sidewalk, hitting a 9-year-old boy.
- Boy injured in fall down elevator shaft at Brooklyn garage Updated: May-25-16 10:17 pm
NEW YORK - A boy has been injured after falling down an elevator shaft in a parking garage in Brooklyn.
- Feds say ex-policeman ran $2,000-an-hour prostitution ring Updated: May-24-16 9:49 pm
NEW YORK - A former police officer who retired on a disability pension ran a prostitution ring that charged customers as much as $2,000 an hour, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.
- The Latest: Lawyer says ex-policeman ran legitimate business Updated: May-24-16 9:44 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on a former New York City police officer accused of running a prostitution ring (all times local):
- NYC's police, firefighters brawl at charity football game Updated: May-24-16 11:48 am
NEW YORK - The New York Police Department says a melee that erupted at a charity football game between police and firefighters just shows that football is a competitive sport.
- Brooklyn man who fled during trial sentenced in absentia Updated: May-23-16 5:15 pm
NEW YORK - A Brooklyn man who went on the run during his trial for a multiple shooting has been sentenced in absentia to 40 years in prison.
- Bad Boy concert rocks hard with Puff Daddy, Jay Z, Lil Kim Updated: May-21-16 12:23 pm
NEW YORK - Hours before Puff Daddy hit the stage for an all-star concert featuring his Bad Boy family, Jay Z and Mary J. Blige, he could not contain his excitement.
- NYC mentorship program puts startup staffers in schools Updated: May-21-16 10:34 am
NEW YORK - The budding entrepreneurs wore glasses made of wooden tongue depressors to pitch their idea for glasses with a chip that lets you find them from your phone.
- Citi Bike share expansion includes Brooklyn, Manhattan Updated: May-20-16 7:01 pm
NEW YORK - New York City's bike share program is expanding into Brooklyn and further into Manhattan.
- New York man admits paying others to buy Pennsylvania guns Updated: May-20-16 2:37 pm
PITTSBURGH - A man has pleaded guilty to paying people to buy guns that were then smuggled to New York and sold on the street.
- Man stabbed during robbery on NYC subway train Updated: May-20-16 12:20 pm
NEW YORK - A man has been stabbed during a subway robbery in Brooklyn.
- Appeals court: LI county must pay ex-Verizon worker $5M Updated: May-20-16 3:40 am
NEW YORK - A state appeals court has reversed a lower court's ruling and ordered a Long Island county to pay a former Verizon worker more than $5 million after the man was hit by a county parks truck, leaving him disabled.
- Correction: Obit-World's Oldest Person story Updated: May-19-16 9:39 pm
NEW YORK - In a story May 13 about the death of Susannah Mushatt Jones, The Associated Press reported erroneously who had preceded her as the world's oldest person. Jones became Guinness World Records' official oldest person following the death of a 116-year-old Michigan woman in June, not a 117-year-old Japanese woman.
- Brooklyn woman found dead on bench with throat slashed Updated: May-19-16 4:40 pm
NEW YORK - Police are investigating the death of a 51-year-old woman who was found sitting on a bench with her throat slashed.
- Shooting in Brooklyn leaves man, 21, dead Updated: May-19-16 5:49 am
NEW YORK - Police say they're investigating a fatal shooting in New York City.
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center Updated: May-18-16 10:21 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA says next month's draft will return to Barclays Center in Brooklyn for the fourth straight year.
- Swiss send last of FIFA suspects to US in bribery case Updated: May-18-16 7:11 pm
NEW YORK - The longtime former head of the Nicaraguan soccer federation who most recently was employed by FIFA pleaded not guilty to racketeering charges Wednesday after he became the last of seven men extradited after their arrests in Zurich last year.
- The Latest: FIFA suspect extradited to US pleads not guilty Updated: May-18-16 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on former FIFA staffer Julio Rocha, who was extradited to the United States to face racketeering charges in a sprawling bribery case (all times local):
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green Updated: May-18-16 6:33 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has signed junior-college transfer Cheridene Green, though a knee injury will prevent the 6-foot-3 forward from playing for the Lady Volunteers in the upcoming season.
- 2 drowning victims from NY were businessman and sect leader Updated: May-18-16 6:36 am
KIRYAS JOEL, New York - Two New York men who drowned after getting caught in strong currents off a South Florida beach were members of an ultra-Orthodox Hasidic Jewish sect with an enclave in upstate New York.
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick Updated: May-17-16 10:26 pm
NEW YORK - The Philadelphia 76ers have lost big for three years, when they appeared to value draft picks more than players.
- Report: US launches investigation into Russian doping claims Updated: May-17-16 9:49 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. prosecutors are investigating claims that dozens of top Russian athletes participated in a sophisticated state-sponsored doping program, The New York Times reported Tuesday.
- Mom who poisoned, then drowned 2 kids gets 8 years in prison Updated: May-17-16 4:48 pm
NEW YORK - A former teacher who laced her two young children's grape juice with windshield wiper fluid, then drowned them in a bathtub promised on Tuesday to raise awareness of postpartum depression before a judge sentenced her to eight years in prison.