- Australian charged after police say he planned to fight IS Updated: Jul-27-15 10:34 pm
SYDNEY - An Australian man appeared in court Tuesday on terror charges after police say he tried to join Kurdish-aligned forces battling the Islamic State group in Iraq.
- Cambage ruled out of Australia squad after skipping camp Updated: Jul-26-15 11:18 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Liz Cambage has been ruled out Australia's squad for games against Japan and the Oceania Olympic qualifying series against New Zealand after skipping a training camp to attend a music festival.
- Ronaldo shines, Delph injured as Madrid beats Man City 4-1 Updated: Jul-24-15 8:59 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Cristiano Ronaldo scored one goal and was unlucky not to have another as Real Madrid beat Manchester City 4-1 in front of almost 100,000 fans at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in a friendly on Friday.
- Cleric suspected of child abuse in US jailed in Australia Updated: Jul-24-15 3:13 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - An American clergyman suspected of child sexual abuse at a Pennsylvania school was sentenced on Friday to three years in an Australian prison for molesting three children in Melbourne more than 30 years ago.
- Rafael Benitez says Sergio Ramos to stay with Real Madrid Updated: Jul-23-15 2:36 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Real Madrid manager Rafael Benitez says defender Sergio Ramos will "100 percent" stay with the Spanish club and not make a move to Manchester United.
- Raheem Sterling scores early in City's match against Roma Updated: Jul-21-15 9:39 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Raheem Sterling took less than three minutes to score his first goal in a Manchester City shirt as the English club beat Roma 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 draw Tuesday in a preseason friendly.
- Roma beats Real Madrid 7-6 on penalties in friendly Updated: Jul-18-15 9:13 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Rafael Benitez opened his tenure as Real Madrid manager with a 7-6 loss on penalties to Roma in a pre-season friendly watched by more than 80,000 people at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Saturday.
- Nasri goal gives Manchester City 1-0 win over Melbourne City Updated: Jul-18-15 5:30 am
GOLD COAST, Australia - Midfielder Samir Nasri's 86th-minute goal Saturday gave Manchester City a 1-0 win over its co-owned A-League side Melbourne City on Saturday.
- Benitez not happy with MCG pitch ahead of 1st match Updated: Jul-17-15 1:21 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Rafael Benitez says he's pleased to be in Australia to kick off his managerial career with Real Madrid but not so happy about the Melbourne Cricket Ground surface for Saturday's match with Roma.
- A year later, MH17 relatives grieve, wait for answers Updated: Jul-15-15 2:29 am
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands - On their son Bryce's birthday this year, Silene Fredriksz-Hoogzand and her husband Rob went to a Dutch air base, watched pall bearers solemnly unload seven coffins from a military cargo plane and wondered if they contained parts of the remains of Bryce or his girlfriend Daisy Oehlers.
- Veteran Archie Thompson signs 1-year deal with Victory Updated: Jul-09-15 1:21 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Melbourne Victory veteran Archie Thompson has signed a one-year contract extension with the A-League champions, extending his career with the team to 11 seasons.
- Australian academy prepares punters for US college football Updated: Jul-03-15 11:59 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The fog is still lifting off a deserted playing field on the outskirts of this southern Australian city as 10 aspiring college football punters begin their morning drills.