- Brisbane wins big but Western Sydney still tops A-League Updated: Feb-07-16 4:42 am
SYDNEY - Brisbane joined Western Sydney atop the A-League table by beating last-place Central Coast 4-0 in the weekend's 18th round.
- Kennaugh leads Froome after 3 stages of Melbourne cycle tour Updated: Feb-06-16 2:10 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Britain's Peter Kennaugh and Chris Froome retain the top-two placings on general classification entering Sunday's final stage of the Herald-Sun Cycle Tour.
- Kevin Magnussen replaces Pastor Maldonado in Renault F1 team Updated: Feb-03-16 1:00 pm
GUYANCOURT, France - Former McLaren driver Kevin Magnussen is Renault's new driver this year in the French carmaker's return to Formula One as a racing team.
- Hingis, Mirza win Australian Open doubles title Updated: Jan-29-16 3:21 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza maintained their perfect record in Grand Slam doubles finals, beating the Czech pair of Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka 7-6 (1), 6-3 at the Australian Open on Friday to extend their winning streak to 36 matches on the way to a third major title.
- Djokovic, Williams win Australian Open semifinals Updated: Jan-28-16 7:35 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Like Serena Williams before him, Novak Djokovic moved into another Australian Open championship decider with a relatively untroubled semifinal win.
- Williams reaches 7th Australian Open final in dominant form Updated: Jan-28-16 6:38 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - When Serena Williams plays as well as she did in the semifinals of the Australian Open, there's little an opponent can do to challenge her. Even one who's soon to be ranked No. 3 in the world, just two places behind her.
- Konta made British history in Australia, heads home proud Updated: Jan-28-16 6:25 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The extent of what she accomplished at the Australian Open hasn't fully sunk in, but Johanna Konta expects it will when she returns home to England.
- The Latest: Djokovic beats Federer to reach Australian final Updated: Jan-28-16 6:04 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The Latest from the Australian Open on Thursday (all times local):
- Australian accused of planning to pack kangaroo with bomb Updated: Jan-27-16 11:57 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - A teenage suspect discussed with a British accomplice packing a kangaroo with explosives before setting it loose on Australian police officers, prosecutors alleged on Thursday.
- Johanna Konta makes name for herself at Australian Open Updated: Jan-27-16 5:37 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Meet the female Jason Bourne.
- Federer vs Djokovic in Australian Open semifinals Updated: Jan-26-16 8:46 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Novak Djokovic has a larger than life presence at the Australian Open.
- Meet the young Canadians poised for breakout at Aussie Open Updated: Jan-26-16 6:21 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Growing up in Quebec City, Felix Auger Aliassime learned to play from his father, a tennis instructor who had emigrated from Togo in West Africa. It wasn't until he saw Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal play their classic Wimbledon final in 2008, though, that he fell in love with the game.
- Zhang's run continues with 4th-round win over injured Keys Updated: Jan-25-16 9:24 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Nine days ago, Zhang Shuai was nearly on a plane back to China before the Australian Open began. The French veteran Virginie Razzano was serving for the match against her in the final round of qualifying, but Zhang was able to break back and win the third set 8-6 - along with a spot in the main draw.
- Roger Federer's wisdom on tennis and life for his kids Updated: Jan-25-16 9:00 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Over the course of his celebrated career, Roger Federer has acquired wisdom on the tennis courts that translates to life lessons which he hopes his children can learn from.
- Football fan Azarenka into quarterfinals at Australian Open Updated: Jan-25-16 8:08 am
- Serena-Sharapova rivalry comes again to Australian Open Updated: Jan-24-16 8:15 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Serena Williams says she doesn't remember much about the first time she played Maria Sharapova at the Australian Open.
- Teary finish: Radwanska holds off cramping Friedsam Updated: Jan-24-16 7:33 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Agnieszka Radwanska's fourth-round match against Anna-Lena Friedsam had a little of everything: a blown third-set lead, severe cramping, an underhand serve, and a point penalty for delay of game. There were also tears - lots of tears.
- Isner makes 2nd week at Aussie Open for 1st time since 2010 Updated: Jan-23-16 5:10 am
- Born an Aussie, raised a Brit. Konta's a star in Melbourne Updated: Jan-23-16 3:40 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Johanna Konta became the first British woman in 29 years to reach the fourth round at the Australian Open on Saturday, giving rise to "a lot of Australia questions" at Melbourne Park.
- Raonic dedicates Melbourne win to Canadian shooting victims Updated: Jan-23-16 1:04 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Milos Raonic dedicated his third-round victory at the Australian Open on Saturday to victims of a shooting in Canada which left four people dead and at least two injured.
- Adopted Aussie Gavrilova excites the crowds with upset wins Updated: Jan-22-16 8:20 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Russian-born Daria Gavrilova hasn't been an Australian citizen for very long, only receiving her passport in December and permission to represent the country at WTA Tour events.
- Healthy Nishikori back in Australian Open round of 16 Updated: Jan-22-16 4:08 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Kei Nishikori came to the Australian Open this year hoping to put his injury-ravaged 2015 season behind him.
- With Rio approaching, jockeying begins for doubles teams Updated: Jan-21-16 5:05 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - When Roger Federer and Martina Hingis decided to team up to play mixed doubles at the 2016 Olympics, a Swiss newspaper boasted the country would bring a "Dream Team" to Rio de Janeiro that could sweep all the tennis medals.
- Victoria Azarenka introduces "dabbing" Down Under Updated: Jan-21-16 4:32 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Victoria Azarenka is introducing tennis fans Down Under to "the dab."
- Dubai tower blaze shows risks in common building material Updated: Jan-19-16 10:29 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Within minutes, the revelry of New Year's Eve in Dubai turned to horror as those gathered for fireworks downtown watched flames race up the side of one of the glistening city's most prominent luxury hotels.