- Former South Korean President Kim Young-sam dies at age 87 Updated: Nov-21-15 2:27 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Former President Kim Young-sam, who formally ended decades of military rule in South Korea and accepted a massive international bailout during the 1997-1998 Asian financial crisis, died Sunday. He was 87.
- Talks under way for UN rights chief to visit North Korea Updated: Nov-17-15 7:44 pm
UNITED NATIONS - North Korea and the United Nations both confirmed Tuesday that discussions are under way for what would be the first visit to the reclusive north Asian country by a U.N. human rights chief.
- Report: UN chief to visit North Korea this week Updated: Nov-16-15 5:31 am
SEOUL, South Korea - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will visit Pyongyang this week for a possible meeting with leader Kim Jong Un, a South Korean news report said.
- SKorea leader open to NKorea talks if nuclear progress made Updated: Nov-13-15 8:55 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea's president said Friday that she is open to talking directly with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un if the North makes progress in abandoning its nuclear bomb ambitions.
- North Korea says bold action by US could open path to treaty Updated: Nov-04-15 6:05 am
LONDON - North Korea says the United States needs to end its "nuclear-based threats and blackmail" and respond to the North's recent diplomatic overture to formally end the decades-old Korean conflict. Fighting ended in 1953 without a peace treaty, leaving North and South Korea still technically at war.
- Japan, SKorea agree to work to resolve WWII sex slave issue Updated: Nov-02-15 2:45 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The leaders of South Korea and Japan resumed formal talks Monday after a 3½-year freeze and agreed to try to resolve the decades-old issue of Korean women forced into Japanese military-run brothels during World War II.