- Omaha woman to keep backyard chickens as part of settlement Updated: Oct-02-15 5:12 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha woman whose backyard chickens ruffled her neighbors' feathers has reached a settlement that will allow her to keep her domesticated fowl.
- Package raises brief alarm at Nebraska nuke plant Updated: Oct-02-15 12:03 pm
BLAIR, Nebraska - A bomb squad has determined that a package found in a vehicle at the Fort Calhoun nuclear power plant poses no danger.
- ConAgra cuts 1,500 jobs; moving HQ from Omaha to Chicago Updated: Oct-01-15 5:32 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - ConAgra Foods will eliminate 1,500 jobs - which represents 30 percent of its office-based workforce - and move its headquarters to Chicago from Omaha, Nebraska, with the goal of creating a more-efficient packaged food company.
- US Supreme Court agrees to hear Omaha Tribe boundary appeal Updated: Oct-01-15 5:28 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Attorney General's Office says the U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear its appeal on a ruling that would let the Omaha Tribe of Nebraska collect a liquor tax on business owners in the northeast Nebraska city of Pender.
- Omaha man convicted of first-degree murder in Omaha shooting Updated: Sep-30-15 6:11 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha man has been found guilty by a Douglas County jury of first-degree murder and a weapons count in the shooting death of another man last year in a drug transaction that turned into a robbery.
- Omaha police searching for woman missing after break-in Updated: Sep-30-15 4:43 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police are searching for an Omaha woman missing following a home invasion early Tuesday.
- Council Bluffs officials to consider lifting pit bull ban Updated: Sep-30-15 3:57 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - A woman who was forced to find a new home for her dog is leading an effort to end Council Bluff's 10-year-old ban on pit bulls.
- Omaha targeting data centers, hoping they lead to more jobs Updated: Sep-30-15 2:58 pm
At least 20 computer data centers are located around Omaha, Nebraska, including some just across the Missouri River in neighboring Iowa.
- Omaha couple convicted of savagely assaulting woman Updated: Sep-30-15 1:26 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Two Omaha people are scheduled to be sentenced in November for kidnapping and savagely attacking a woman over her boyfriend's debt.
- Man imprisoned for unrelated crime faces Omaha murder charge Updated: Sep-30-15 7:00 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Authorities say a man imprisoned for an unrelated kidnapping conviction faces a murder charge in Omaha.
- Nebraska officials discuss new state aid for ConAgra Foods Updated: Sep-29-15 5:55 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Nebraska officials say they are willing to offer ConAgra Foods economic incentives to persuade the company to keep its headquarters in Omaha.
- 5 Nebraska schools hailed for excellence by national program Updated: Sep-29-15 12:44 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Five Nebraska schools have been recognized as National Blue Ribbons Schools for 2015.
- Nebraska death penalty petition drive cost more than $900K Updated: Sep-28-15 8:24 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A group seeking to reinstate Nebraska's death penalty spent more than $900,000 on its effort to place the issue on the November 2016 ballot, according to campaign disclosures filed Monday.
- Crews break ground at Omaha National Cemetery Updated: Sep-28-15 3:57 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Crews have begun working at the future site of the long-awaited Omaha National Cemetery in western Sarpy County.
- Today in Nebraska-October Updated: Sep-28-15 12:16 pm
- Omaha, Bellevue, Sarpy County to face bills for levee plan Updated: Sep-28-15 6:51 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha, Bellevue and Sarpy County will be asked to pay more than $2 million each for levee repairs around Offutt Air Force Base.
- Police: 66-year-old woman stabbed in Omaha home Updated: Sep-28-15 6:48 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Authorities are investigating after a 66-year-old woman was stabbed in her Omaha home.
- Crash kills motorcyclist escorting veteran's body, hurt 3 Updated: Sep-27-15 12:19 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - One motorcyclist died and three others were injured when a car crashed into a group of riders who were escorting a veteran's body home to Nebraska.
- Nebraska lawmakers looking at options for Medicaid expansion Updated: Sep-27-15 9:57 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A new coalition of Nebraska lawmakers is considering options for expanding Medicaid coverage that could be approved by the Legislature, which has rejected similar measures three times in as many years.
- 3 people shot in 2 separate shootings in Omaha overnight Updated: Sep-26-15 1:21 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police say three people have been shot in two separate shootings in Omaha overnight, including a convenience store clerk shot during a robbery.
- Omaha, state officials to break ground on new reservoir Updated: Sep-26-15 12:45 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - State and local officials are set to break ground on a new flood-control reservoir and recreational lake on the northwest edge of Omaha.
- Kite-flying festival set for west Omaha on Saturday Updated: Sep-26-15 5:01 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Looking for a fun fall activity that's a change from pumpkins and corn mazes? Go fly a kite.
- Former Gov. Heineman to be roasted at Omaha Press Club Updated: Sep-25-15 5:39 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Former Gov. Dave Heineman will get roasted at an Omaha Press Club event to honor him and former first lady Sally Ganem.
- Omaha software developer awarded $43.8 million in lawsuit Updated: Sep-25-15 3:34 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A Douglas County jury has awarded Omaha software developer Baldwin Hackett & Meeks Inc. $43.8 million in a lawsuit that accused a rival software firm of violating antitrust laws and breaching a nondisclosure agreement.
- ConAgra CEO says cost-cutting likely to include layoffs Updated: Sep-25-15 2:16 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - ConAgra employees will learn next week about upcoming changes that the company's chief executive said Friday likely will include jobs cuts and a shuffling of operations that could boost the company's presence in Chicago and lower it in Omaha.