- Fishing events remain on Nebraska Game and Parks' schedule Updated: Aug-02-15 5:03 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Several family fishing events remain on the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission schedule for the summer.
- Motorcyclist dies following crash with car in Omaha Updated: Aug-01-15 7:34 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police say a man has died after crashing his motorcycle into a car at an Omaha intersection.
- Police: Man shot at car full of people, seriously injuring 1 Updated: Aug-01-15 7:11 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police have arrested a man they believe shot into a car full of people, including two toddlers.
- Omaha mayor says city is prepared for emerald ash borer Updated: Aug-01-15 6:20 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Nebraska's largest city is prepared for an invasion of a tiny menace that has killed millions of ash trees in 26 states since 2002, Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert said.
- Fort Atkinson gets battle plan for new life Updated: Aug-01-15 10:31 am
FORT CALHOUN, Nebraska - It was young America's largest military post and the nation's first fort west of the Missouri River.
- Clowns bring laughter, meals to homeless in Omaha Updated: Jul-31-15 5:41 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A local group of professional and amateur clowns took their acts to the streets of Omaha to help bring laughter and meals to the homeless.
- Omaha street now bears name of football great Johnny Rodgers Updated: Jul-31-15 10:20 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha has named a street in honor of Nebraska football legend Johnny "The Jet" Rodgers.
- Police: 5-year-old boy dies after being hit by SUV in Omaha Updated: Jul-31-15 7:22 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 5-year-old boy has died after being struck by an SUV in an alleyway in southeast Omaha.
- Officials return full power to Fort Calhoun nuclear plant Updated: Jul-30-15 6:20 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Officials say the Fort Calhoun nuclear power plant has returned to full power following a shutdown for repairs for a water leak.
- Iowa police ID Nebraskan whose body was pulled from river Updated: Jul-30-15 11:55 am
COUNCIL BLUFF, Iowa - Authorities have released the name of a man whose body was recovered from the Missouri River at Council Bluffs.
- Killer's lawsuit against Nebraska prison system dismissed Updated: Jul-29-15 2:15 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A state judge has dismissed a convicted murderer's lawsuit that claimed the Nebraska prison system exacerbated the deterioration of his mental health by keeping him in solitary confinement for extended periods.
- Crews contained gas spill in Omaha suburb, official says Updated: Jul-29-15 8:55 am
BENNINGTON, Nebraska - Crews have contained a gasoline spill estimated at 1,000 gallons from a truck filling up a tank at a convenience store in the northwest Omaha suburb of Bennington.
- Omaha Tribe member gets prison on sexual abuse charge Updated: Jul-28-15 5:23 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A member of the Omaha Tribe of Nebraska has been sentenced to more than three years in prison on a sexual abuse charge involving a 9-year-old girl.
- Former worker helps at Omaha museum's replica grocery store Updated: Jul-28-15 1:40 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 79-year-old Omaha man who used to work at Buffett & Son grocery in the 1950s is sharing tales of his high school job with visitors at the Durham Museum's replica of the old store.
- 8 people apply for open Nebraska legislative seat Updated: Jul-28-15 8:34 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The governor has eight applicants to consider when filling an open seat representing an Omaha district in the Legislature.
- With tournament title secured, US sweeps China Updated: Jul-26-15 9:57 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - With the FIVB World Grand Prix Finals championship already secured, the United States added a three-set victory over China on Sunday to cap the tournament.
- Hutchinson receives Christmas card 47 years later Updated: Jul-24-15 4:05 pm
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - A Hutchinson woman has received a Christmas card nearly a half-century after it was mailed from neighboring Nebraska.
- Des Moines schools lawyer says lawsuit deal almost done Updated: Jul-24-15 1:01 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Des Moines Public Schools lawyer says the district and a former superintendent have agreed to settle her invasion-of-privacy lawsuit.
- Man imprisoned for setting fire that killed woman in Omaha Updated: Jul-24-15 6:49 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 34-year-old man has been given 15 to 20 years in prison for killing his former girlfriend at a homeless camp south of downtown Omaha.
- Man loses parts fingers in Omaha industrial accident Updated: Jul-23-15 5:40 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Rescue crews have responded to an industrial accident in Omaha that saw part of a man's hand severed.
- Union Pacific's 2Q profit falls 7 percent as volume declines Updated: Jul-23-15 4:23 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A sharp decline in coal shipments drove down Union Pacific's second-quarter profit by 7 percent, and executives predicted that the railroad would fall short of expectations for the year because the challenging conditions will continue.
- Former Douglas County deputy acquitted in medication case Updated: Jul-23-15 11:47 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A former Douglas County sheriff's deputy has been found not guilty of violating narcotics laws in acquiring medication.
- Analyst: Nebraska government cash reserve remains healthy Updated: Jul-22-15 6:53 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska state government has maintained a healthy cash reserve and a general fund balance that is above the minimum required by law, a legislative analyst said Wednesday.
- Tanning salon owners sue Nebraska Cancer Coalition Updated: Jul-22-15 3:44 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A group of tanning salon owners is suing the Nebraska Cancer Coalition, accusing it of making false, defamatory statements about tanning that have hurt the businesses.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of 2 in Omaha Updated: Jul-22-15 7:49 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A man has been charged in the deaths of two people in Omaha who police say were sitting in a parked car when the suspect opened fire on them.