- Facebook post costs newly hired Neb stadium announcer job Updated: Sep-01-15 7:11 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A months-old Facebook post has cost the Nebraska football stadium announcer his job one day after his hiring was announced.
- New club at Omaha college offers support for mental illness Updated: Sep-01-15 4:23 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Members of a new student organization at an Omaha college are encouraging other students to join in their fight to destigmatize mental illness and help those suffering with the disorders.
- Nebraska AP high school football rankings Updated: Sep-01-15 7:33 am
Here are the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D2. Listings include name of school, season record, previous week's result and this week's opponent. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class. Class A: Dale Miller, Grand Island Independent. Class B: Jeff Fielder, Scottsbluff Star-Herald. Class C1: Tom Behmer, Norfolk Daily News. Class C2: Brent Wasinius, Fremont Tribune. Class D1: Andrew Bottrell, North Platte Telegraph. Class D2: Nick Blasnitz, Hastings Tribune.
- Man faces manslaughter charge in Omaha neighbor's death Updated: Sep-01-15 6:25 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 55-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the death of neighbor at an Omaha mobile home park.
- Investor Warren Buffett is turning 85 but isn't slowing down Updated: Aug-30-15 5:04 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Warren Buffett will turn 85 on Sunday, but he's shown no signs of slowing down or retiring from the Berkshire Hathaway conglomerate he built over five decades.
- Owner of company that sold bad vouchers sues ex-employees Updated: Aug-29-15 6:40 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The owner of an Omaha event-planning company accused of selling thousands of worthless airline vouchers has filed a lawsuit against four former employees, including those she allegedly bilked.
- Omaha man pleads no contest in January shooting death Updated: Aug-29-15 1:29 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha man has pleaded no contest to second-degree murder and a weapons count in the Jan. 22 shooting death of a man in a south Omaha parking lot.
- Strong demand remains for paper maps even in GPS age Updated: Aug-29-15 10:49 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - In a west Omaha strip mall, a small team is using a 4,000-year-old navigational tool to help cement travelers' vacation plans: a map. You know, the printed kind.
- Omaha man convicted of murder in 2014 death of ex-girlfriend Updated: Aug-28-15 7:04 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha man has been convicted of first-degree murder in the beating death of his ex-girlfriend.
- Today in Nebraska for September Updated: Aug-28-15 1:38 pm
- Omaha attorney's license suspended for 60 days Updated: Aug-28-15 12:14 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court has suspended an Omaha attorney's law license for 60 days after finding that he failed to communicate with a client and failed to perform legal work for which he had been paid.
- Ralston mayor says property tax rate won't jump 34 percent Updated: Aug-28-15 9:44 am
RALSTON, Nebraska - Ralston's mayor says the Omaha suburb's residents won't face a 34 percent property tax increase to help solve the Ralston Arena's financial problems.
- Motorcyclist died after Omaha collision with car, police say Updated: Aug-28-15 7:10 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Authorities say a 29-year-old Ralston man has died after the motorcycle he was driving collided with a car in southwestern Omaha.
- Nebraska officials seize marijuana during traffic stop Updated: Aug-27-15 5:29 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Authorities say a canine has helped find 70 pounds of marijuana during a traffic stop on Interstate 80 in Nebraska.
- 19-year-old gets up to 60 years in Omaha murder Updated: Aug-27-15 7:29 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 19-year-old man convicted of an Omaha slaying has been sent to prison for up to 60 years.
- Omaha officer retires after conviction for drunken driving Updated: Aug-26-15 10:59 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 46-year-old police officer has retired from the Omaha force after being convicted of first-offense drunken driving.
- Woman, 66, pleads guilty to involvement in running brothel Updated: Aug-26-15 7:01 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 66-year-old woman has pleaded guilty to being involved in running a prostitution ring out of an exotic dance club.
- Man given more than 4 years in prison for evading US taxes Updated: Aug-26-15 6:47 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A North Carolina man has been given more than four years in prison for evading federal taxes while he lived and worked in Nebraska.
- Firefighters learn more about hazardous materials at class Updated: Aug-26-15 5:13 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A group of area firefighters will learn more about responding to incidents involving hazardous materials at workshops in Omaha this week.
- Judge delays trial of man accused of killing 4 in Omaha Updated: Aug-25-15 3:55 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The September murder trial of a man accused of killing four people with ties to an Omaha medical school was put on hold Tuesday when a judge ordered him to undergo another mental health evaluation.
- Omaha bank heist suspect caught while shopping across street Updated: Aug-25-15 1:41 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police have arrested a robbery suspect while she was shopping at a drugstore across an Omaha street from a bank branch that had just been robbed.
- Man arrested in southwest Omaha slaying, police say Updated: Aug-25-15 10:26 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 25-year-old suspect has been arrested in connection with the fatal shooting of a man in southwest Omaha.
- Omaha man whose gunshot struck 2 people gets 25-35 years Updated: Aug-25-15 7:41 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha man who police say fired one bullet that struck two people has been imprisoned.
- Beef plant vows to follow hiring rules, avoid discrimination Updated: Aug-24-15 5:57 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A beef production plant based in Omaha is promising to update its hiring practices to avoid discrimination as part of an agreement with authorities.
- Rep. Fortenberry's invitations delayed after mail complaints Updated: Aug-24-15 4:13 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - U.S. Rep. Jeff Fortenberry of Nebraska has seen his own issues with mail delivery after forwarding along constituents' complaints about slow service to the U.S. postmaster general.