- Day care worker from Omaha charged with child sex abuse Updated: Feb-06-16 7:37 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha police say a 24-year-old day care worker has told investigators that he sexually assaulted as many as eight girls under the age of 3.
- Denver outlasts Omaha 75-72 Updated: Feb-06-16 4:25 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Christian Mackey scored 14 points and Denver outlasted Omaha 75-72 on Saturday.
- Nebraska high school teams to compete for college savings Updated: Feb-06-16 5:05 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The winners of this year's Personal Finance Challenge will receive thousands of dollars in college savings accounts.
- Nebraska taxi cabs see decline with ride-hailing competition Updated: Feb-05-16 1:08 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Business for traditional cab companies has fallen since ride-hailing services like Uber and Lyft have been allowed on Nebraska streets.
- Lawsuit accuses Omaha plant of not paying proper wages Updated: Feb-04-16 12:55 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A former Greater Omaha Packing Co. boiler room operator is suing the meatpacking company, saying he wasn't paid for the half-hour lunch breaks he was never allowed to take.
- TD Ameritrade buying FA Insight to help investment advisers Updated: Feb-04-16 10:23 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Online brokerage TD Ameritrade is acquiring research firm FA Insight, so it can better help investment advisers it serves analyze markets and their businesses.
- 19-year-old Omaha man facing motor vehicle homicide charge Updated: Feb-03-16 7:53 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 19-year-old has been charged with motor vehicle homicide in connection with an Omaha crash that killed a Council Bluffs woman.
- Police to answer questions about new gun range in Omaha Updated: Feb-03-16 12:32 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police officers will hold an informational meeting for neighbors of an outdoor shooting range to be built at a Public Safety Training Center in Omaha.
- City Council approves contract to demolish Omaha Auditorium Updated: Feb-03-16 7:53 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Omaha City Council has voted to approve a $3.1 million contract to demolish the Omaha Auditorium.
- Tornadoes in the South; snow in Plains and Upper Midwest Updated: Feb-03-16 2:33 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Tornadoes touched down in Mississippi and Alabama as thunderstorms swept through the area Tuesday, while a powerful snowstorm buried parts of Colorado and Nebraska in more than a foot of snow before crawling into the Upper Midwest.
- Man suspected in killing of police dog dies in custody Updated: Feb-02-16 4:53 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Authorities say a man suspected of killing an Omaha police dog while holding officers at bay for more than 25 hours has died in custody.
- Less than 4,000 lack power as utilities restore service Updated: Feb-02-16 1:39 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The number of Nebraska utility customers without power because of the snow and wind has been cut to less than 4,000 by midday Tuesday.
- Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting is going online Updated: Feb-01-16 5:00 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Now anyone with an Internet connection will be able to watch Warren Buffett dispense his investing insights.
- Omaha men begin efforts for $2 million park revitalization Updated: Feb-01-16 12:21 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Two Omaha residents are planning to revitalize a now dilapidated childhood playground in the Dundee neighborhood.
- Stanford's McCaffrey wins Jet Award as top return specialist Updated: Jan-28-16 12:06 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Stanford's Christian McCaffrey has been named winner of the Jet Award as the nation's top return specialist.
- Cremains to be removed after Omaha funeral home fire Updated: Jan-28-16 10:52 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Officials at an Omaha funeral home that caught fire say that it could be the end of the week before the last of the remains inside the building are retrieved.
- Wind developers urge Nebraska senators to streamline process Updated: Jan-27-16 8:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Renewable energy advocates say Nebraska is squandering its potential as the state with the nation's third-highest wind energy capacity by holding onto strict requirements that hinder private developers' projects.
- Douglas County judges challenge colleague's gun ban Updated: Jan-27-16 2:25 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Douglas County district judges have voted to challenge a colleague's ban on guns in his courtroom.
- Omaha, Lincoln gun ordinances survive repeal attempt Updated: Jan-27-16 12:46 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A bill that would have overturned local gun restrictions in Omaha and Lincoln in favor of statewide policies was defeated by a filibuster Wednesday after opponents and supporters failed to compromise.
- Memorial service set for police dog killed over weekend Updated: Jan-26-16 3:29 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A memorial service has been set for an Omaha police dog killed during a standoff over the weekend.
- Berkshire Hathaway wrapping up its biggest acquisition ever Updated: Jan-26-16 12:53 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Warren Buffett's company expects to complete its $32.36 billion acquisition of Precision Castparts this Friday.
- Omaha Kmart to close in April; 66 workers will lose jobs Updated: Jan-25-16 7:15 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha Kmart will close in April and company officials say 66 employees will lose their jobs.
- Kansas secretary of state pursuing 3 new criminal cases Updated: Jan-25-16 7:09 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Secretary of State Kris Kobach is pursuing three new criminal cases charging people with voting illegally in Kansas and another state in the same elections, including a man who said Monday that local prosecutors assured him they wouldn't file a case against him.
- Former Gretna school bus driver pleads guilty to stalking Updated: Jan-25-16 6:10 am
GRETNA, Nebraska - A former Gretna school bus driver has pleaded guilty to stalking a woman he met while she rode the bus as a girl.
- Nebraska woman copes with tragedy through horse photography Updated: Jan-24-16 10:24 am
CHAPMAN, Nebraska - Faye Zmek is in the memory business - because she has experienced how precious those memories can be.