- Omaha man charged in connection to fatal hit-and-run Updated: May-24-16 6:12 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - An Omaha man is facing charges stemming from a fatal hit-and-run on the Interstate 480 bridge between Iowa and Nebraska.
- Man sentenced in June 2012 gang-related Omaha killing Updated: May-24-16 6:06 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A man who pleaded guilty to a 2012 gang-related killing in Omaha has been sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison.
- Omaha man accused in stabbing, fire released from hospital Updated: May-24-16 5:30 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A man accused of killing another man and setting fire to an apartment has been released from the hospital and taken to the Douglas County jail.
- Charges in Omaha slaying dismissed but can be refiled Updated: May-24-16 12:15 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A judge has dismissed charges filed against a man accused of killing another Omaha resident.
- Man serving life in prison resentenced in fatal Omaha theft Updated: May-24-16 11:22 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A judge has resentenced a man who was spending life in prison after being convicted of a fatal robbery in Omaha about 25 years ago.
- Omaha officer creates scrapbook honoring fallen colleague Updated: May-23-16 6:52 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha police officer devoted hundreds of hours to collecting letters, cards and drawings to honor a colleague who was killed in the line of duty a year ago.
- Gophers take top seed in Big 10 baseball tournament Updated: May-23-16 5:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota will take its 23rd regular-season Big Ten baseball title and the top seed into the conference tournament this week.
- ConAgra Foods sells its Spicetec business for $340 million Updated: May-23-16 5:14 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - ConAgra Foods is unloading another business by selling Spicetec Flavors & Seasonings to Givaudan for roughly $340 million.
- Crash victim's parents file complaint against Nebraska judge Updated: May-23-16 2:31 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The parents of an Iowa woman who authorities say was killed by a drunken driver in the country illegally have filed a complaint with the Nebraska Supreme Court against the judge who set the now-missing suspect's bail.
- Omaha Catholic church plans renovation of community center Updated: May-23-16 12:24 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha Catholic church and school has purchased a neighboring community center that shut down last year.
- Omaha woman killed in single-vehicle crash Updated: May-21-16 6:27 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 28-year-old woman has died from her injuries in a crash in midtown Omaha.
- Woman fined $100 for grill on balcony that sparked fire Updated: May-21-16 2:17 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha woman has been fined $100 in what a city attorney believes is the first time a person has been prosecuted for violated a city fire code forbidding grills on apartment balconies.
- Man dies after being shot by Omaha officer, police say Updated: May-20-16 6:38 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police say a man who was shot seven times by an officer in northwest Omaha has died.
- Police: 2 arrested, 1 wanted in northeast Omaha homicide Updated: May-20-16 3:51 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police are looking for a third suspect after they arrested a 16-year-old boy and an 18-year-old woman in connection with the death of a man in northeast Omaha.
- 87-year-old Nebraskan dies after pickup strikes riding mower Updated: May-20-16 6:52 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - An 87-year-old man has died after a pickup struck him and his riding mower in eastern Nebraska's Douglas County.
- Tribute to officer brings daughter closer to his memory Updated: May-19-16 2:18 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A community tribute that will include a horse statue has brought a teenager closer to the memory of her father, a slain Omaha police officer.
- Omaha suburb of Bellevue is Nebraska's fastest-growing city Updated: May-19-16 12:33 pm
BELLEVUE, Nebraska - Census figures show that the Omaha suburb of Bellevue is Nebraska's fastest-growing city.
- Man died after shooting in northeast Omaha, police say Updated: May-19-16 9:44 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Authorities say a wounded man has died at an Omaha hospital.
- Nebraska high court won't let lawyer return to slayings case Updated: May-19-16 7:57 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court has refused to reinstate an attorney for a former doctor accused of killing four people with ties to an Omaha medical school.
- Omaha nonprofit gets more than $1.4M to help area's homeless Updated: May-19-16 2:31 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha nonprofit has been awarded more than $1.4 million by the federal government to provide housing for the homeless in certain Nebraska counties.
- Hot Husker: Scott Schreiber hits 4 homers in last 10 at-bats Updated: May-18-16 4:10 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - When a player is swinging the bat the way Nebraska's Scott Schreiber has recently, coaching him is pretty easy.
- City accepts settlement in excessive force lawsuit Updated: May-18-16 1:18 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Omaha City Council has approved a legal settlement with a family that accused police of excessive force, even though the family said it felt bullied into the agreement.
- Omaha board OKs textbooks for new sex education curriculum Updated: May-17-16 12:09 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Omaha school board has approved the purchase of textbooks and other materials that will be distributed for health and sex education classes starting this fall.
- Fine proposed for excavator blamed in Omaha explosion, fire Updated: May-17-16 11:20 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Safety regulators have proposed fining a Minnesota excavation company that was drilling in Omaha's Old Market area when a natural gas-fueled fire destroyed a building.
- Telehealth practice in Nebraska to serve rural patients Updated: May-17-16 10:45 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A large group of independent physicians in Nebraska plans to enter the growing practice of telehealth.