- Hospital: 7 injured following incident at petroleum center Updated: Jul-01-15 7:18 pm
WEST POINT, Nebraska - A hospital in northeast Nebraska says seven people have been injured following an incident at a nearby petroleum distributor center.
- Groups want jailhouse records for man convicted of murder Updated: Jul-01-15 3:35 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Two groups are suing to obtain jailhouse records on behalf of an Omaha man who maintains that he's innocent in a fatal shooting at a restaurant's drive-thru.
- Gov. Ricketts seeks applicants for Nebraska legislative seat Updated: Jul-01-15 1:23 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts is seeking qualified applicants for an open seat representing an Omaha district in the Legislature.
- Jetliner makes expedited landing after warning light flashes Updated: Jul-01-15 10:32 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A jetliner carrying 83 people made an expedited landing without incident in Omaha after an engine warning light flashed in the cockpit.
- Funding pulled for vets' adult day care in Omaha, Iowa Updated: Jun-30-15 12:43 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Funding has been pulled for adult day care for Omaha and western Iowa veterans due to a $2.5 billion shortfall in the Department of Veterans of Affair's health care budget.
- Nebraska Sen. Nordquist submits resignation to governor Updated: Jun-30-15 12:05 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska state Sen. Jeremy Nordquist has submitted his resignation letter to the governor as he begins a new job with Democratic U.S. Rep. Brad Ashford.
- ConAgra Foods to report its 4Q earnings Tuesday morning Updated: Jun-30-15 5:22 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Packaged food company ConAgra Foods Inc. will release its fourth-quarter earnings report Tuesday morning.
- Dara Torres back in Omaha, where her long swim career ended Updated: Jun-29-15 4:14 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Dara Torres showed up at the CenturyLink Center on Monday to promote the 2016 U.S. Olympic Swim Trials.
- Today in Nebraska-July Updated: Jun-29-15 2:36 pm
- Regulators investigate part failure at Nebraska nuke plant Updated: Jun-29-15 12:43 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Federal regulators are investigating the failure of a part at the Fort Calhoun nuclear power plant during this spring's maintenance outage.
- Family of drowned Omaha man hosting funeral benefit Updated: Jun-29-15 9:02 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The family of an Omaha man who drowned while trying to save his children is hosting a fundraiser to try to cover the cost of his funeral.
- 1 dead after several weekend shootings in Omaha Updated: Jun-28-15 2:08 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha police investigating six weekend shootings that left one man dead and seven other people wounded.
- Bail set for woman accused of running travel voucher scheme Updated: Jun-27-15 5:25 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Bail has been set at $150,000 for an Omaha woman accused of operating a travel voucher scheme that bilked her employees out of thousands and her customers out of more than $1 million.
- Nearly 90 University of Nebraska faculty take buyout Updated: Jun-27-15 3:42 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nearly 90 faculty members at three of the University of Nebraska's four campuses have taken a buyout offered last fall, freeing up $9.2 million to be reallocated into hiring new faculty and staff members for the 2016-17 school year, according to the university system.
- Nebraska Capitol falcon fledgling named for fallen officer Updated: Jun-27-15 2:17 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A falcon hatched atop the Nebraska State Capitol this spring has been named "Orozco" to honor the late Omaha Police Officer Kerrie Orozco, who was killed in the line of duty last month.
- Nebraska Wildlife Rehab's ark is bursting at the seams Updated: Jun-27-15 12:37 pm
LOUISVILLE, Nebraska - Tucked away in a bathroom strewn with branches from a downed cottonwood is the current star of the Nebraska Wildlife Rehab Inc. rescue operations.
- Ricketts and father give $200K to death penalty campaign Updated: Jun-26-15 7:49 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gov. Pete Ricketts and his father contributed most of the $244,000 collected by to the Nebraskans for the Death Penalty campaign in its first reporting period, according to expense reports released Friday.
- Nebraska Capitol falcon named after fallen officer Updated: Jun-26-15 5:20 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A falcon chick raised at the Nebraska Capitol has been named "Orozco" in honor of an Omaha police officer killed last month in the line of duty.
- Nebraska health insurer, CHI Health end standoff Updated: Jun-26-15 5:11 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Thousands of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska customers soon will have the chance to see CHI Health doctors again without financial penalty after the two sides signed an agreement to work together again through June 2017.
- Nebraska's strict same-sex union ban struck down Updated: Jun-26-15 3:02 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Gay couples in Nebraska will now have their marriages legally recognized in the state that has had one of the most restrictive same-sex union bans in the country, following the U.S. Supreme Court's decision Friday that same-sex couples have a right to marry anywhere in the United States.
- Republican US Sen. Ben Sasse denounces Supreme Court ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 1:11 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The latest reaction in Nebraska to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to legalize same-sex marriage (all times local):
- Crews from Council Bluffs, Omaha rescue woman from bridge Updated: Jun-26-15 12:35 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Crews from Council Bluffs and Omaha had to work hard to rescue a woman who had jumped from a bridge connecting the two cities and landed in the structure beneath the bridge deck.
- Omaha police say death of woman found in home suspicious Updated: Jun-26-15 9:08 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police say the death of a 28-year-old woman whose body was found inside a midtown Omaha home is suspicious.
- Hard times toughened Virginia players for their run to title Updated: Jun-25-15 7:15 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Winning, and winning big, has been the standard for the Virginia baseball program since coach Brian O'Connor took over in 2004, and no excuses were allowed when the most trying circumstances cropped up.
- Sheriff's office IDs deputies involved in Omaha shooting Updated: Jun-25-15 5:17 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Authorities have identified the two deputies involved in the shooting of a man in a west Omaha convenience store parking lot this week.