- Georgia's McGarity apologizes to board for Ludacris contract Updated: May-27-16 3:58 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia athletic director Greg McGarity has apologized to the athletic association's board of directors following the disclosure that rapper Ludacris was paid $65,000 to perform at the school's spring football game and also was provided liquor and a box of condoms.
- Arrest made 4 years after Monroe banker found dead in well Updated: May-27-16 4:41 am
LEXINGTON, Georgia - An Athens man has been arrested on murder charges more than four years after his business partner's body was found in a well.
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt Updated: May-23-16 4:47 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia guard Juwan Parker has been awarded a medical redshirt, leaving him with two years of eligibility, after missing the 2015-16 season with a partially torn Achilles tendon.
- Athens-Clarke County police search for rape suspect Updated: May-19-16 6:06 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Police are trying to identify a suspect in a rape that they say occurred in downtown Athens.
- Georgia's signing class gets late boost with RB Herrien Updated: May-18-16 2:27 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia's 2016 signing class received a late boost Wednesday with the addition of New Manchester High School running back Brian Herrien.
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia Updated: May-17-16 9:49 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Taja Cole, a guard who started six games as a freshman at Louisville last season following a celebrated high school career, is transferring to Georgia.
- Georgia's Chauncey Rivers dismissed following third arrest Updated: May-13-16 3:21 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia defensive end Chauncey Rivers was dismissed from school on Friday following his third arrest on marijuana charges.
- Survivor of Georgia crash moved to rehabilitation center Updated: May-13-16 2:37 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - A University of Georgia student who survived a crash that killed four of her friends has been moved to an Atlanta rehabilitation center, a center spokeswoman said.
- Ryan Seacrest to address graduates at University of Georgia Updated: May-11-16 2:59 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Ryan Seacrest is returning to the University of Georgia, where he attended freshman classes 24 years ago, to receive an honorary doctoral degree.
- Feds seek DNA samples to investigate thefts of 130 guns Updated: May-05-16 3:41 pm
ATLANTA - Federal authorities are seeking a DNA sample - along with hair samples and fingerprints - from at least one suspect as they continue investigating the theft of 130 guns from firearms dealers in several Georgia cities.
- Woman walking on railroad tracks killed by train in Athens Updated: May-05-16 11:48 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Police in Athens say a woman is dead after being struck by a train.
- The Latest: Student still critical after crash killed 4 Updated: May-03-16 12:28 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - The Latest on the crash that killed four University of Georgia students and injured two other people (all times local):
- Authorities seek inmate accused of leaving Athens work site Updated: May-03-16 11:12 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Authorities are searching for a state prisoner they say walked away from a work detail in Athens.