- Feds seek DNA samples to investigate thefts of 130 guns Updated: May-05-16 3:41 pm
ATLANTA - Federal authorities are seeking a DNA sample - along with hair samples and fingerprints - from at least one suspect as they continue investigating the theft of 130 guns from firearms dealers in several Georgia cities.
- Woman walking on railroad tracks killed by train in Athens Updated: May-05-16 11:48 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Police in Athens say a woman is dead after being struck by a train.
- Sheriff: 1 of 2 survivors of Georgia crash still critical Updated: May-03-16 2:12 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - A University of Georgia student who survived a crash that killed four of her friends remains in critical condition, a Georgia sheriff said.
- The Latest: Student still critical after crash killed 4 Updated: May-03-16 12:28 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - The Latest on the crash that killed four University of Georgia students and injured two other people (all times local):
- Authorities seek inmate accused of leaving Athens work site Updated: May-03-16 11:12 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Authorities are searching for a state prisoner they say walked away from a work detail in Athens.
- 2 Athens pharmacies robbed in span of 10 days Updated: Apr-26-16 4:25 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Athens-Clarke County Police are searching for a group of suspects they believe may be responsible for two drug store robberies.
- Former Georgia 2-sport star Zippy Morocco dead at 86 Updated: Apr-25-16 6:50 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Anthony "Zippy" Morocco, the University of Georgia's first basketball All-American and one of the school's most accomplished return specialists in football, has died. He was 86.
- Police: Officer shoots Georgia man who refused to drop gun Updated: Apr-23-16 6:38 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says a man has been shot by a police officer in northeast Georgia.
- Artist's 'Chalk Talk' prompts students to think about life Updated: Apr-23-16 1:54 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - "If you don't understand my silence, how would you understand me & my words."
- Georgia signs forward Diatta as transfer from Southern Idaho Updated: Apr-20-16 5:15 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia has signed forward Pape Diatta (pronounced Pop Dee-ah-tuh), a native of Dakar, Senegal who has played the last two years for the College of Southern Idaho.
- UMass to play at Georgia in 2018 football season Updated: Apr-20-16 12:13 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia and the University of Massachusetts have agreed to games in football and men's basketball.
- Eason has sharp debut, 93,000 pack Georgia's spring game Updated: Apr-16-16 8:39 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - New coach Kirby Smart never doubted Georgia's fans would fill Sanford Stadium for his first spring scrimmage.
- Crews search for man swept into water by sneaker wave Updated: Apr-15-16 10:31 pm
DEPOE BAY, Oregon - Authorities are searching for a 26-year-old man who got swept into the water by a rogue wave near Depoe Bay on the Oregon Coast.
- Stinking drunk? Police say "inebriated" man used fart spray Updated: Apr-15-16 3:41 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Police in Georgia have arrested a man for allegedly causing a stink at a bar.
- G-Day spring game could be key in Georgia's QB competition Updated: Apr-14-16 6:12 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - No quarterback has taken the lead in Georgia's quarterback competition this spring. Even heralded freshman Jacob Eason has been unable to break out of the pack.
- Georgia freshmen Rochester, Clay arrested on weapon charges Updated: Apr-12-16 8:49 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia freshmen Julian Rochester and Chad Clay were arrested Monday night on felony charges including the possession of a BB gun in a school zone.
- Athens police say 12-year-old shot 7-year-old with BB gun Updated: Apr-07-16 7:22 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Police in Athens arrested a 12-year-old boy they say shot a 7-year-old boy with a BB gun.