- Backstage with Flea on Super Bowl, Bernie Sanders Updated: Feb-07-16 6:10 am
SAN FRANCISCO - It's been a busy weekend mixed with football and politics for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and bassist Flea wouldn't have it any other way.
- San Francisco police chase ends with crash thought to kill 3 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:29 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A police chase in San Francisco on Saturday night ended with a fiery crash that is believed to have killed three people, KPIX-TV reported.
- MVP Newton, Watt, Rivera, Berry big winners of NFL awards Updated: Feb-07-16 2:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Cam Newton is now a Super Bowl quarterback with an MVP award.
- Southern Oregon wines' gaining clout, could bring tourists Updated: Feb-07-16 2:05 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - The winsome wines of southern Oregon are gathering acclaim far beyond the Cascades and Siskiyous.
- Wife says singer and band leader Dan Hicks dies at age 74 Updated: Feb-07-16 1:45 am
MILL VALLEY, California - Dan Hicks, a musician whose work in the 1960s helped define San Francisco's psychedelic sound, has died. He was 74.
- San Francisco beats Santa Clara 89-86 in overtime Updated: Feb-07-16 1:43 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Devin Watson scored 24 points, including six in overtime, Uche Ofoegbu blocked a potential game-tying 3-pointer, and San Francisco beat Santa Clara 89-86 on Saturday night.
- Ryan Reynolds torn about picking between Manning, Newton Updated: Feb-06-16 10:09 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Ryan Reynolds will be watching Sunday's Super Bowl - he's just not sure which team he wants to win.
- Crews dismantle portion of San Francisco's old Bay Bridge Updated: Feb-06-16 5:26 pm
OAKLAND, California - California officials say a major portion of the old eastern span of San Francisco's old Bay Bridge began coming down this week.
- Olympic Club gets another US Open, this time for women Updated: Feb-06-16 3:17 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Olympic Club is getting another U.S. Open, this one for women.
- Iggy Azalea: I have more belief in myself as a trendsetter Updated: Feb-06-16 1:34 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - As Iggy Azalea readies the release of her sophomore album, the rapper says she's feeling more self-assured and less worried about being or sounding cool.
- Super Busts: The best teams to not win the Super Bowl Updated: Feb-06-16 12:56 pm
They had the stars, the swagger and the sparkling record to prove it.
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica Updated: Feb-06-16 9:58 am
SAN FRANCISCO - While Metallica has steadily attracted more of a mainstream audience throughout its 35-year career, frontman James Hetfield feels they will never play the Super Bowl, and he doesn't seem to mind.
- Man who gave name to "Peanuts'" Linus dies at age 90 Updated: Feb-05-16 11:36 pm
LOS ANGELES - Linus Maurer, a cartoonist and illustrator whose old friend and colleague Charles M. Schulz borrowed his first name for Charlie Brown's blanket-wielding best friend Linus in his "Peanuts" comic strip and cartoons, has died at age 90.
- Calif. attorney joins effort to recover Nazi-looted painting Updated: Feb-05-16 7:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - California's attorney general is asking a federal appeals court to reverse a ruling allowing a priceless 19th century painting to remain in a Spanish museum rather than going to the heirs of a Jewish woman forced to hand it over to the Nazis during the Holocaust.
- Raiders owner Mark Davis intrigued by Las Vegas as NFL city Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Owner Mark Davis has a sly response when it comes to his interest in moving the Oakland Raiders to Sin City.
- Some say San Francisco's open-air urinal must go Updated: Feb-05-16 3:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - An attorney representing a group of civic organizations has sent a legal claim letter to the city of San Francisco threatening to sue if an open-air urinal in Dolores Park is not removed in 20 days.
- Joe Cool tops list of best Super Bowl passing performances Updated: Feb-05-16 2:25 pm
The face of most successful NFL teams nowadays is the quarterback, so it should come as no surprise that seven of the past eight league MVPs played that position.
- Victoria Justice talks 'Rocky Horror' at Super Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 12:58 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - "Dammit, Janet," there's another musical coming to television, and Victoria Justice could not be happier to hear those words.
- J.J. Watt feels concussions are an expected injury Updated: Feb-05-16 12:30 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt says he knew concussions were a risk when he decided to play football, so he's not any more alarmed by the studies of prolonged head trauma suffered by NFL players.
- Man charged with stabbing SF officer appears in court Updated: Feb-05-16 10:26 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A man charged with attempted murder and assault on a peace officer made his first appearance in court but did not enter a plea.
- Police arrest man in fatal stabbing of DJ in San Francisco Updated: Feb-05-16 10:03 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Homicide investigators have arrested a man in connection with the killing of a DJ who died from knife wounds after being attacked by a mob outside a San Francisco nightclub.
- If it's Derby prep season, count on Baffert to be all in Updated: Feb-05-16 2:47 am
Training horses in L.A. one morning, gabbing with NFL Hall of Famers in San Francisco the next, then back home again to prepare his latest Kentucky Derby contenders for a prep race at Santa Anita.
- Ex-49ers owner DeBartolo anxiously awaits Hall of Fame fate Updated: Feb-05-16 2:23 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Edward DeBartolo Jr. played no favorites. When it came to the way he treated his employees, from the stars on the field to the office workers behind the scenes, nobody argued how much he cared.
- Ohio plant workers take pride in making Super Bowl footballs Updated: Feb-05-16 1:59 am
ADA, Ohio - Every time Peyton Manning throws a pass or Cam Newton takes off to run in Sunday's Super Bowl, they'll be gripping a football made in a quaint Ohio village 2,000 miles away.
- Band Perry on Denver Broncos, Lady Gaga and Grammys Updated: Feb-05-16 1:13 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Returning to perform ahead of the Super Bowl is good and (sort of) bad for country trio The Band Perry, who last performed around the 2014 game.