- San Francisco approves $290,000 payout for Journey wedding Updated: Dec-01-15 7:58 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Board of Supervisors on Tuesday approved a $290,000 payout to settle a lawsuit by the guitarist of rock band Journey that claimed the city unfairly jacked up fees to use a city landmark for his lavish wedding.
- Facebook CEO, now a father, will give away most of his money Updated: Dec-01-15 6:09 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Talk about birth announcements: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his wife said they'll devote nearly all their wealth - roughly $45 billion - to good works in celebration of their new baby daughter, Max.
- 3 injured after dump truck overturns on SF Bay Area highway Updated: Dec-01-15 1:12 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Authorities say three people were injured after a dump truck hit cars and overturned on a San Francisco freeway.
- Clerk shot during robbery of 7-Eleven outside San Francisco Updated: Dec-01-15 10:45 am
ANTIOCH, California - Police are searching for a gunman after a store clerk was shot during a robbery at a 7-Eleven in a San Francisco Bay Area suburb.
- Report: Johnson has fractured tibia; Ellington also hurt Updated: Nov-30-15 7:48 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - The Arizona Cardinals have not confirmed a report that running back Chris Johnson has a broken left leg.
- Candlestick Park's patron saint to go into storage for now Updated: Nov-30-15 6:00 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A 27-foot-tall statue of St. Francis that kept watch over Candlestick Park is moving into storage until a new home can be found.
- Body of abalone diver found along Northern California coast Updated: Nov-30-15 5:59 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A diver was found dead after searching for abalone off the coast of Northern California, becoming at least the ninth person to perish this year while seeking the delicacy.
- Struggling 49ers hit the road for 2 games looking to win Updated: Nov-30-15 5:10 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jim Tomsula is now talking about having his players sprint off the bus and into Solider Field on Sunday.
- Ward suggests full-time officials as a fix Updated: Nov-30-15 5:06 pm
DENVER - Denver Broncos safety T.J. Ward, one of the most-flagged and heavily fined players in the NFL this season, recently ripped the officials, suggesting the way to fix the league's spotty officiating is to give the men in stripes full-time jobs.
- San Francisco Bay weighs tougher air rules for refineries Updated: Nov-30-15 4:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco Bay officials are considering what they say are the toughest emission rules in the nation for oil refineries.
- Palmer's 8-yard TD run leads first-place Cards past 49ers Updated: Nov-30-15 2:14 am
SANTA CLARA, California - With two running backs down, Arizona's ground game kept getting stuffed. So Carson Palmer took charge.
- Palmer's 8-yard TD run leads first-place Cards past 49ers Updated: Nov-29-15 9:09 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Give Carson Palmer some style points for punctuating the Cardinals' latest win, however silly it looked when he tumbled over after spiking the ball.
- 49ers beat themselves with 13 penalties, fall to Cardinals Updated: Nov-29-15 9:07 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Quinton Dial believed he was making a legal play when he came straight at Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer and clobbered him.
- Dons use big second half to overwhelm Delaware State 67-47 Updated: Nov-29-15 8:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Devin Watson scored 18 points and San Francisco outscored Delaware State by 22 points in the second half to take a 67-47 victory on Sunday.
- Locally known San Francisco officer arrested in hit-and-run Updated: Nov-29-15 8:03 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A San Francisco police officer whose good looks attracted a following on social media has been arrested on suspicion of hit-and-run.
- Patriots-Broncos matchup missing a few stars Updated: Nov-29-15 7:20 pm
The Patriots-Broncos showdown Sunday night is missing some star power.
- Judge: Regulators should air Brown e-mails on nuclear plant Updated: Nov-29-15 5:32 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A San Francisco judge urged state regulators to release e-mails about a multibillion-dollar deal with two utilities that shut down the San Onofre nuclear plant in San Diego County.
- Police find spiked baseball bats throughout San Francisco Updated: Nov-28-15 2:51 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco Police are asking for help leading to those chaining up spiked baseball bats to poles throughout the city.
- 49ers not worried about Mathieu's comments Updated: Nov-27-15 8:17 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Arizona Cardinals defensive back Tyrann Mathieu made waves this week with comments about San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks Colin Kaepernick and new starter Blaine Gabbert.
- Titans tight end Delanie Walker having his best season yet Updated: Nov-26-15 2:15 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Delanie Walker of the Tennessee Titans is having not just the best season of his 10-year career, the veteran also caught more passes than any other tight end in the NFL. More than Rob Gronkowski, Jason Witten or Greg Olsen.
- NWS forecasts frigid California Thanksgiving temps Updated: Nov-26-15 12:56 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Thanksgiving celebrations in California are getting off to a frigid start.
- UC Santa Barbara beats San Francisco 68-61 Updated: Nov-26-15 1:05 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Gabe Vincent scored 18 first-half points with four 3-pointers and UC Santa Barbara held on to beat San Francisco 68-61 on Wednesday night after leading by 25 at halftime.
- Police: Gun stolen from US agent used to kill Oakland artist Updated: Nov-25-15 5:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A gun used to kill a Northern California artist as he worked on an anti-violence mural was stolen from a federal agent, officials said Wednesday.
- Scammers trying to sell fake gold in San Francisco Bay Area Updated: Nov-25-15 10:45 am
BRENTWOOD, California - San Francisco Bay Area authorities say scam artists are trying to sell fake gold bars in a department store parking lot.
- Man climbs on San Francisco interstate sign, strips naked Updated: Nov-25-15 8:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - California Highway Patrol officials say a man in his 20s stripped down to nothing and decided to hang from an interstate sign in San Francisco.