- San Francisco board rejects building suspension Updated: Jun-03-15 5:16 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Check out rental sites for San Francisco, especially the trendier parts: Well over $3,000 a month for a one-bedroom flat and nearly $5,000 for two bedrooms.
- Crawford homers but Giants drop fourth straight Updated: Jun-03-15 2:25 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A fourth straight loss at home didn't bother Giants manager Bruce Bochy as much as his ballclub's inability to get hits in key situations.
- McCutchen leads Pirates past Giants, 7-4 Updated: Jun-03-15 1:39 am
- Officials look to identify pilot killed in small plane crash Updated: Jun-03-15 1:31 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Authorities are on the scene of a deadly small plane crash investigating the incident and could have the identity of the pilot later Tuesday.
- California lawmakers tackle smoking age, immigrant health Updated: Jun-02-15 9:35 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers on Tuesday tackled a wide range of bills to raise the smoking age, extend health care to immigrants and make it easier to register to vote as the Legislature advanced dozens of proposals ahead of a Friday deadline to pass bills out of their house of origin.
- Former Giant Kevin Frandsen back in organization at Triple-A Updated: Jun-02-15 7:57 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Infielder Kevin Frandsen has reported to Triple-A Sacramento after signing a minor league contract with his original San Francisco Giants club.
- Californians conserved more water ahead of mandatory cuts Updated: Jun-02-15 6:38 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Californians are using less water, but they'll have to conserve a lot more to reach the mandatory drought cuts taking effect this month, according to the latest numbers released Tuesday.
- 49ers fullback Miller pleads no contest to disturbing peace Updated: Jun-02-15 6:15 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco 49ers fullback Bruce Miller pleaded no contest Tuesday to a misdemeanor disturbing the peace charge stemming from an argument with his former fiancee that led to his arrest March 5.
- Copper thefts from the rails rise with price of the metal Updated: Jun-02-15 9:04 am
NEW YORK - Longtime New York City subway cops have seen copper thefts before, but last week's heist on a stretch of open-air tracks was particularly brazen: 500 feet of inch-thick cable stripped from the rails in the middle of the night.
- Woman behind Silicon Valley sex bias suit appealing verdict Updated: Jun-01-15 10:58 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A woman at the center of a high-profile gender bias lawsuit against an elite Silicon Valley venture capital firm filed an appeal on Monday of a jury verdict against her.
- California Senate OKs scaled-down travel disclosure bill Updated: Jun-01-15 10:01 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California state senators on Monday advanced a scaled-down version of a political ethics bill after the initial proposal was vetoed by Gov. Jerry Brown, who said it would complicate campaign disclosure rather than reduce influence.
- Lawyers get more time in fight over Robin Williams' estate Updated: Jun-01-15 5:13 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Robin Williams' wife and children have resolved differences over how to split up thousands of the late actor's personal items, but they remain at odds over some clothing and money to maintain one of his homes, attorneys said at a court hearing Monday.
- Study: California grove's tallest tree is mere 777 years old Updated: Jun-01-15 5:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - An analysis found that the tallest redwood tree in Muir Woods in California is 777 years old - not the 1,500 years once assumed.
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Jun-01-15 9:04 am
The Detroit News. May 26, 2015
- Giants back near the top after impressive May Updated: Jun-01-15 3:53 am
The San Francisco Giants went from worst to first in less than a month.
- Braves score 4 in the 9th to stun Giants 7-5 Updated: May-31-15 8:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Jace Peterson continued his torrid pace and once again came through with the game on the line.
- San Francisco lawmakers try new tacks to curb soda drinking Updated: May-31-15 4:56 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco lawmakers are taking another stab at curbing soda consumption of sugary drinks seven months after local voters rejected taxing sugary drinks in the name of public health.
- Man thought to be likely last Golden Gate Bridge worker dies Updated: May-30-15 6:40 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A 98-year-old man who died Tuesday was likely the last living person who worked on the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Opposition continues to mount against bullet train Updated: May-30-15 2:25 pm
SAN FERNANDO, California - Opposition continues to mount in both wealthy and working-class communities against the California bullet train.
- Widow of BART officer shot by colleague sues transit agency Updated: May-30-15 12:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The widow of a San Francisco Bay Area transit police officer who was accidentally killed by a colleague is suing the transit agency.
- Domestic violence suspect surrenders after 12-hour standoff Updated: May-30-15 1:25 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A domestic violence suspect has surrendered after a 12-hour standoff in which he held his baby hostage.
- San Francisco Zoo's playful polar bear dies of old age at 32 Updated: May-29-15 9:31 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Zoo has lost one of two polar bears.
- California worker falls 20 feet after scaffolding gives way Updated: May-29-15 7:55 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A construction worker has been hospitalized after falling 20 feet down an elevator shaft at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
- Flight returns to gate at San Francisco to remove passenger Updated: May-29-15 7:29 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A Virgin America flight from San Francisco to Austin, Texas, has been delayed out of concerns over one of the passengers.
- Man sues police for $25 million, says Taser hit ruined eye Updated: May-29-15 12:04 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A 31-year-old man has filed a $25 million lawsuit against a California police department, saying he lost his left eye after Fairfield police used a Taser gun on him.