- Vigil set for 4 men killed in Hudson Valley car crash Updated: Aug-29-15 7:02 am
KINGSTON, New York - A vigil has been scheduled to honor four men who died in a car crash on their way home from work at a horse show venue in the Hudson Valley.
- Man pleads guilty in fatal beating outside Hudson Valley bar Updated: Aug-28-15 12:23 pm
NEWBURGH, New York - A 27-year-old man has pleaded guilty to beating another man to death with a pipe outside a Hudson Valley bar and restaurant.
- Hudson River dredging nears end; facility is a flashpoint Updated: Aug-25-15 12:57 pm
ALBANY, New York - Advocates pushing for General Electric Co. to extend its massive dredging of the upper Hudson River beyond this year are alarmed by the revelation that the company has begun winding down some operations at the plant processing contaminated river sediment.
- Work already on new Hudson River tunnels has been costly Updated: Aug-22-15 12:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - Buried deep under Manhattan is a $185 million hole in the ground, evidence that while politicians bicker over how to pay for a new rail tunnel under the Hudson River, work on the project has been underway for years.
- A summer of pain for NJ commuters who rely on rails to NYC Updated: Aug-21-15 1:06 am
NEW YORK - The Hudson River is 1,500 yards wide where it flows between Manhattan and Weehawken, New Jersey, but it can feel like 150 miles for the hordes of commuters who make the crossing via a pair of century-old rail tunnels that constitute one of the worst transportation bottlenecks in America.
- New boardwalk at Stewart State Forest in Hudson Valley Updated: Aug-20-15 3:05 am
NEW WINDSOR, New York - Visitors have a new way to enjoy Stewart State Forest in the Hudson Valley.
- Cuomo, Washington fight over Hudson rail tunnel funding Updated: Aug-19-15 11:10 pm
ALBANY, New York - Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo's dispute with the federal government over how to pay for a new Hudson River rail tunnel boiled over into a war of words Wednesday between him and President Barack Obama's transportation secretary.
- Schumer: New agency should plan, finance Hudson rail tunnels Updated: Aug-11-15 4:41 pm
NEW YORK - In a bid to create momentum for a massive overhaul of the crumbling passenger rail corridor between New Jersey and New York City, U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer on Tuesday proposed the creation of a new nonprofit development corporation to plan and finance the project. He said none of the existing transportation entities operating in the region have the wherewithal to pull it off alone.
- Man pulled from upstate NY lake last week dies at hospital Updated: Aug-11-15 8:49 am
HUDSON, New York - Authorities say a Westchester County man pulled from a Hudson Valley lake last week has died.
- Sheriff: Body found in Hudson River may be missing kayaker Updated: Aug-10-15 6:05 pm
STAATSBURG, New York - Authorities say a man's body found in the Hudson River matches the description of a kayaker who's been missing since an accident over the weekend.
- Cottonwood felled after 3 centuries in Hudson Valley Updated: Aug-06-15 3:05 am
BALMVILLE, New York - An eastern cottonwood tree that has stood in the Hudson Valley for more than three centuries has been cut down in the name of safety.