- Correction: Argentina-Operation Condor story Updated: May-28-16 5:02 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - In a story May 27 about an Argentina court ruling on human rights crimes related to the Operation Condor conspiracy in South America, The Associated Press erroneously reported that Ronni Moffitt was an aide to former Chilean ambassador Orlando Letelier. She was the aide's wife.
- Justin Bieber fans march in Argentina in support of pop idol Updated: May-21-16 11:13 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Hundreds of "Beliebers" are marching in Argentina's capital to ask that authorities let the Canadian pop idol perform in the South American country.
- Argentine court OKs sending drug suspect to US; can appeal Updated: May-20-16 11:41 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine judge has approved the extradition of a suspected Colombian drug boss to face cocaine trafficking charges in the U.S. District Court of southern Florida.
- Diego Rivera painting sells privately for $15.7 million Updated: May-20-16 11:35 am
NEW YORK - A Diego Rivera painting has sold privately for $15.7 million, setting a world record price for any Latin American work of art, Phillips auction house said Friday.
- Argentine prosecutor: Nisman maybe 'induced' to kill himself Updated: May-19-16 5:55 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Alberto Nisman, who investigated Argentina's worst terrorist attack before he was found dead in his home last year, may have been forced to kill himself, another prosecutor who was formerly in charge of his case said Thursday.
- Argentine soccer player gunned down in home burglary attempt Updated: May-13-16 12:09 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A second-division Argentine soccer player has been killed by a gunshot to the chest by unknown assailants who apparently entered his home in a robbery attempt.
- Argentina's capital reports highest inflation in 14 years Updated: May-12-16 6:41 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Inflation in the capital's metropolitan area reached 6.5 percent in April, the biggest monthly price jump since Argentina's worst economic crisis 14 years ago, the Buenos Aires statistics agency reported Thursday.
- Argentina zoo worried about decaying health of polar bear Updated: May-09-16 5:50 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The director of the Mendoza zoo in western Argentina says she has concerns about the health of the country's last captive polar bear.