- Lincoln saves money, aids environment by mowing less Updated: May-29-16 4:22 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Parks workers in Lincoln are taking a more artistic approach to mowing to differentiate between short- and long-grass areas.
- Cold War bomb shelter in Lincoln about to go off the air Updated: May-29-16 2:04 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The government-issued biscuits are still sealed in their box, unused after 50 years, next to the carton of toilet tissue and commode chemical.
- Plans for Nebraska 150 celebration starting to take shape Updated: May-29-16 12:08 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's Capitol will have a new look by the time the state celebrates its 150th birthday next year, and party planners hope to bring the festivities to as many residents as possible.
- Lincoln police say homicide victim died of blows to head Updated: May-29-16 11:51 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Police say a man whose body was found in a Lincoln mobile home died of blows to the head.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln gets closer to hemp research Updated: May-27-16 1:15 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Researchers in Nebraska are one step closer to starting research on using hemp as a field crop.
- 2 finalists vying to become Grand Island police chief Updated: May-27-16 10:34 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Two finalists have been chosen from a field of nine candidates who applied to become Grand Island's next police chief.
- Nebraska Tourism Commission fires embattled director Updated: May-26-16 7:38 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Tourism Commission fired its executive director Thursday in the wake of a blistering state audit that found questionable spending and a lack of oversight within the agency.
- Flash flooding, tornado warnings for southeast Nebraska Updated: May-26-16 5:03 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The National Weather Service has issued flash flooding and tornado warnings in southeastern Nebraska.
- Police: Woman found in stolen vehicle after crash has died Updated: May-26-16 12:46 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Police say a woman pulled from a stolen vehicle after it crashed in Lincoln has died.
- Staffers put out small fire at Lincoln prison, agency says Updated: May-26-16 10:32 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Correctional Services Department says staffers have put out a small fire at the Lincoln Correctional Center.
- Regents approve Ronnie Green as new UNL chancellor Updated: May-25-16 4:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska Board of Regents has approved the appointment of a new chancellor for the university's Lincoln campus.
- Lawyers fight $259K judgment in Lincoln libel, slander case Updated: May-25-16 12:22 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - An attorney has asked the Nebraska Supreme Court to reverse a district judge's quarter-million-dollar judgment against the city of Lincoln for wrongly accusing a woman of theft on TV and online.
- Lincoln schoolteacher finishes 3rd on 'The Voice' Updated: May-25-16 8:51 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln schoolteacher has finished third on "The Voice," NBC's singing contest.
- McCook man gets 90 days in jail in sex assault case Updated: May-25-16 2:57 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A McCook man accused of sexually assaulting a woman while police say she was incapacitated has been sentenced to 90 days in jail.
- Omaha man accused in stabbing, fire released from hospital Updated: May-24-16 5:30 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A man accused of killing another man and setting fire to an apartment has been released from the hospital and taken to the Douglas County jail.
- 600,000-year-old vein of volcanic ash turns up in landfill Updated: May-24-16 3:20 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Authorities say what's believed to be a 600,000-year-old vein of volcanic ash has been uncovered at a landfill just north of Lincoln.
- Nebraska takes custody of dead baby's 1-year-old sister Updated: May-24-16 11:49 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - State authorities have taken emergency custody of an infant whose 5-week-old sister was found dead in a Lincoln motel room.
- Crash victim's parents file complaint against Nebraska judge Updated: May-23-16 2:31 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The parents of an Iowa woman who authorities say was killed by a drunken driver in the country illegally have filed a complaint with the Nebraska Supreme Court against the judge who set the now-missing suspect's bail.
- Lincoln waste-to-fuel proposal could make gas for city buses Updated: May-23-16 11:58 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lincoln public works staff members are working on a plan that would fuel many of the city's buses with compressed natural gas produced from waste collected from toilets and sinks across town.
- Lincoln man dies after crashing at York County track Updated: May-23-16 7:17 am
MCCOOL JUNCTION, Nebraska - A Lincoln car restorer has died after crashing at Junction Motor Speedway near McCool Junction in York County.
- Woman with dozens of cats cited for similar incident in 2011 Updated: May-21-16 10:53 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Court records show that a Lincoln woman who had nearly four dozen cats taken from her home earlier this week had been cited five years ago for keeping dozens of animals.
- Nebraska group seeks award nomination for one-room teachers Updated: May-21-16 10:46 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - In the old days, the teacher at a one-room country school would scoop the walks, make sure the furnace worked and serve as nurse and counselor, as well teach the "three R's" - reading, writing and arithmetic.
- Official: 1 injured in explosion, fire at Lincoln home Updated: May-21-16 3:03 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A person has been injured in an explosion and fire at a home in Lincoln.
- Nebraska inmate's death uproots memories of unusual case Updated: May-20-16 2:32 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The death of a Nebraska inmate who was formerly on death row has uprooted memories of his unusual case in which some of those who suffered the most from his act of brutality also stood the strongest against his execution.
- Nebraska's jobless rate unchanged at 3 percent for 4th month Updated: May-20-16 11:36 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's unemployment rate has remained 3 percent for four months in a row, according to a state report released Friday.