- Toliver sets record as LA Sparks beat Tulsa Shock 98-95 Updated: Jul-04-15 1:59 am
LOS ANGELES - Kristi Toliver suffered with every loss as the Sparks got off to their worst start in franchise history.
- LA Kings re-sign D Jamie McBain to 1-year deal Updated: Jul-03-15 9:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Defenseman Jamie McBain has agreed to a one-year deal to return to the Los Angeles Kings.
- LA County deputies seize half-ton of illegal fireworks Updated: Jul-03-15 6:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - Just in time for the Fourth of July, Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies have seized more than a half-ton of illegal fireworks.
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.
- Ogwumike scores 27, Los Angeles gets 1st win of season Updated: Jul-03-15 1:29 am
LOS ANGELES - Nneka Ogwumike scored 27 points, Jantel Lavender had 21 points and 10 rebounds, and Los Angeles beat the San Antonio Stars 86-81 on Thursday night to snap the Sparks' team-record seven-game losing streak.
- Fireworks-filled van explodes on California freeway Updated: Jul-02-15 10:40 pm
IVANPAH, California - Jay Rutherford and his bandmates were mesmerized by the billowing smoke and small "psychedelic explosions" emanating from the van on the side of the freeway.
- District attorney declines to file charges against Diddy Updated: Jul-02-15 9:04 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County district attorney's office declined Thursday to file felony charges against Sean "Diddy" Combs for a confrontation last month at the University of California, Los Angeles, where his son plays football.
- LA Kings' Voynov pleads no contest in domestic abuse case Updated: Jul-02-15 6:18 pm
TORRANCE, California - Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov was sentenced to three months in jail Thursday after pleading no contest to beating his wife after an argument at a Halloween party last year.
- LA Unified says lawsuit misinterprets new school funding law Updated: Jul-02-15 3:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Unified School District officials say a lawsuit filed by civil rights groups misinterprets the state's new school funding law by claiming the district misappropriated millions of dollars intended to help low-income, foster care and English-learner students.
- Man suspected in thefts from church donation boxes Updated: Jul-02-15 9:53 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County authorities have released surveillance video images of a man suspected of stealing cash from church donation boxes.
- Angels GM quits shortly before their 3-1 loss to Yankees Updated: Jul-02-15 12:36 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels' nine-game homestand was largely a success until they lost a game and a general manager on the final day.
- Jones, Eovaldi salvage Yankees' trip finale, 3-1 over Angels Updated: Jul-01-15 11:47 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Nathan Eovaldi has become a solution to many of the New York Yankees' woes, particularly when they're facing the Los Angeles Angels.
- Family sues after California frat pledge died on hazing hike Updated: Jul-01-15 9:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - The family of a California college student who died during a grueling fraternity hike sued the organization and the school on Wednesday, saying the young man's death was senseless and easily preventable.
- 'Ant-Man' Paul Rudd gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame Updated: Jul-01-15 9:29 pm
LOS ANGELES - It's a big honor for "Ant-Man."
- AP Source: Paul Pierce going to Clippers on 3-year deal Updated: Jul-01-15 9:05 pm
Paul Pierce and Doc Rivers are reuniting.
- Former sports writer and publicist Jack Disney dies at 80 Updated: Jul-01-15 7:50 pm
ARCADIA, California - Jack Disney, a longtime sports writer with the old Los Angeles Herald Examiner who later worked in publicity at two Southern California horse racing tracks, has died. He was 80.
- LA city officials are cracking down on illegal fireworks Updated: Jul-01-15 5:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles officials are cracking down on illegal and dangerous fireworks leading up to Fourth of July celebrations.
- Reports: GM Jerry Dipoto quits after 3 1/2 years with Angels Updated: Jul-01-15 5:15 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Los Angeles Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto says he has resigned, but the team is refusing to confirm his departure.
- 30th anniversary of 'Future' celebrated at Hollywood Bowl Updated: Jul-01-15 2:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - Thousands went back in time as one of the largest movie audiences ever in one place gathered to watch "Back to the Future" at the Hollywood Bowl in a celebration of the film's 30th anniversary.
- Lionsgate, Hasbro bet on 'Monopoly' movie Updated: Jul-01-15 2:09 pm
SANTA MONICA, California - Uncle Pennybags is going to Hollywood.
- LA Kings sign G Jhonas Enroth to back up Jonathan Quick Updated: Jul-01-15 1:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - Goalie Jhonas Enroth has signed with the Los Angeles Kings, agreeing to a one-year, $1.25 million deal to back up Jonathan Quick.
- Los Angeles mayor calls for changes to homeless camp rules Updated: Jul-01-15 6:18 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti says he will block enforcement of new measures that make it easier to dismantle homeless encampments until the City Council softens some provisions.
- Los Angeles loses appeal of gardener's discrimination case Updated: Jul-01-15 6:18 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles may have to pay a former park groundskeeper more than $4 million after a state appeal court affirmed a verdict for racial and disability discrimination.
- Nova is solid, but Yankees' slump grows with 2-1 loss to LAA Updated: Jul-01-15 2:14 am
ANAHEIM, California - Ivan Nova made only two major mistakes in his second start back from elbow ligament replacement surgery.
- Electrical vault blast leaves 17,000 without power in LA Updated: Jul-01-15 1:32 am
LOS ANGELES - An explosion in an electrical vault has left nearly17,000 customers without power in the Silver Lake neighborhood of Los Angeles.