- Los Angeles deputy describes rescuing newborn buried alive Updated: Nov-30-15 6:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County sheriff's Deputy Adam Collette knelt on the asphalt and heard the muffled cries of a baby who had been buried alive.
- 2 Russian girls thank NYC detectives for Los Angeles rescue Updated: Nov-30-15 3:50 pm
NEW YORK - Two little girls from Russia have sent a thank you note to New York City police detectives who likely saved their father's life during a Los Angeles street attack.
- Correction: Dear John Letters story Updated: Nov-30-15 3:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - In a story Nov. 26 about Los Angeles City Hall considering a proposal to send "john letters" to curb prostitution, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of an Electronic Frontier Foundation researcher. He is Dave Maass not Dave Mass.
- Los Angeles sheriff's deputies sentenced in jail beating Updated: Nov-30-15 2:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - Two Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies convicted in the beating of a handcuffed jail visitor and an attempt to cover it up have been sentenced to prison.
- Kobe Bryant says he will retire at end of season Updated: Nov-30-15 2:50 am
LOS ANGELES - After 20 years in a Lakers uniform and a lifetime in basketball, Kobe Bryant determined that his aching body and his passion for the game had both grown weaker than his excitement about the future.
- Kobe scores 13 after announcement, but Pacers beat Lakers Updated: Nov-30-15 1:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant drained a 3-pointer with 11 seconds left in a one-point game, and the Lakers' crowd roared with a mix of excitement and nostalgia for the transcendent moments of its beloved star's now-finite career.
- Griffin helps Clippers beat Wolves for 13th straight time Updated: Nov-29-15 7:44 pm
- 'Gods of Egypt' studio, director apologize for white cast Updated: Nov-29-15 5:09 pm
LOS ANGELES - "Gods of Egypt" director Alex Proyas apologized for casting mostly white actors in his upcoming film based on Egyptian mythology.
- Gaborik's 2 goals rally Kings to 3-2 OT win over Blackhawks Updated: Nov-29-15 2:16 am
- USC rolls past No. 22 UCLA 40-21, takes Pac-12 South title Updated: Nov-28-15 8:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Cody Kessler blinked back tears after he ascended the stepladder and raised his sword to lead the Southern California band in his final act on the Coliseum turf.
- Man fatally wounded crashes car, injuring 5 others Updated: Nov-28-15 2:13 pm
LYNWOOD, California - Authorities say a man who was fatally wounded in a Southern California shooting crashed his car into another vehicle as he attempted to flee, injuring five people.
- San Diego to Los Angeles rail service restored after crash Updated: Nov-27-15 6:36 pm
SAN CLEMENTE, California - Rail service between San Diego and Los Angeles has been restored after more than 12 hours of delays caused by a semi-truck that overturned onto the tracks.
- Cold air mass brings freeze warnings to California Updated: Nov-27-15 4:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - A cold air mass over California prompted widespread freeze warnings and watches Friday, raising concerns for crops in the agricultural San Joaquin Valley and for homeless people in urban centers, even as skiers and snowboarders took advantage of snowy slopes.
- More than 130 Los Angeles families relocated due to gas leak Updated: Nov-27-15 12:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - More than 130 families have been temporarily relocated from a Los Angeles neighborhood due to a leak at a massive natural gas storage facility that's causing a sickening stench.
- Jazz beat Clippers 102-91 to snap 13-game skid against LA Updated: Nov-26-15 2:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Gordon Hayward uncorked the emotions that had been building through nearly four years of losing to the Clippers.
- Casey Kasem's widow sued for wrongful death Updated: Nov-25-15 8:36 pm
LOS ANGELES - Three of the radio personality Casey Kasem's children and his brother sued his widow on Wednesday, claiming her actions led to his death in 2014.
- Patrol at homeless encampment turns up machine guns Updated: Nov-25-15 4:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County authorities have arrested a homeless man who had five firearms, including two operable World War II-era machine guns.
- Angels complete staff with new bullpen coach Scott Radinsky Updated: Nov-25-15 1:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Scott Radinsky has been named the Los Angeles Angels' new bullpen coach.
- Catcher Geovany Soto and Angels agree to $2.8 million deal Updated: Nov-25-15 12:30 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Free-agent catcher Geovany Soto and the Los Angeles Angels have agreed to a $2.8 million, one-year contract.
- Warriors make NBA history as first team to start season 16-0 Updated: Nov-25-15 2:10 am
OAKLAND, California - Interim coach Luke Walton believes the time will come when the Golden State Warriors finally lose a game.
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Updated: Nov-25-15 2:04 am
PULLMAN, Washington - Cal State-Los Angeles agreed to play Washington State largely for the paycheck, but it was the Cougars who cashed in big on the basketball court Tuesday evening.
- Jury awards $177,500 in suit against Kabbalah Centre Updated: Nov-24-15 8:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles jury has awarded more than $177,000 to a former student of the Kabbalah Centre who claimed a so-called "Rabbi to the Stars" made unwanted sexual advances.
- John Stamos pleads no contest to driving under the influence Updated: Nov-24-15 3:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - John Stamos was sentenced to three years of probation Tuesday after he pleaded no contest to driving under the influence of a drug earlier this year.
- Person struck, killed by Metro train in Los Angeles Updated: Nov-24-15 3:21 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles authorities say a person has been struck and killed by a Metro Gold Line train.
- Dallas-Hawaii flight diverts to LAX after mechanical warning Updated: Nov-24-15 2:54 pm
LOS ANGELES - American Airlines says a flight from Dallas to Honolulu made an emergency landing in Los Angeles after a mechanical warning on the Boeing 767.