- Shooter kills man, wounds another on Compton street Updated: May-28-16 4:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County homicide detectives are investigating the fatal shooting of a man and wounding of another on a street in Compton.
- California Vietnam War memorial to the missing vandalized Updated: May-28-16 4:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Vietnam War memorial in the Venice area of Los Angeles has been extensively defaced by graffiti.
- Police: Driver hits pedestrians, insults victims, flees Updated: May-28-16 3:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police are looking for a motorist who struck two pedestrians, yelled at the victims, made an obscene gesture and fled.
- Loss, accusations mark a turbulent few days for Johnny Depp Updated: May-28-16 1:34 pm
LOS ANGELES - Johnny Depp seemed the picture of rock star cool as he played guitar onstage in Portugal with his band, the Hollywood Vampires. An ocean away, he is facing serious accusations.
- Trout, Pujols lift Angels to 7-2 win over Astros Updated: May-28-16 2:40 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Angels have a lonely island of power in the middle of their lineup, but opposing teams just can't seem to navigate around it.
- Alex Wood injured triceps while batting against Cardinals Updated: May-27-16 7:32 pm
- 'Shield' actor's words used against him in murder trial Updated: May-27-16 5:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - An actor who played a police officer on TV show "The Shield" is guilty of murder because of remarks he made about the killing to detectives, his brother-in-law and in text messages to his dead wife, a prosecutor told a jury Friday.
- The Latest: Actor's attorney seeks manslaughter conviction Updated: May-27-16 2:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on the murder trial of an actor from TV series "The Shield" (all times local):
- Big travel weekend underway at Los Angeles International Updated: May-27-16 10:31 am
LOS ANGELES - The big Memorial Day weekend travel period is underway at Los Angeles International Airport.
- NBC's 'Red Nose Day Special' raises $30M for kids' charities Updated: May-27-16 9:06 am
UNIVERSAL CITY, California - NBC's "Red Nose Day Special" mixed comedy and musical performances with heartfelt pleas for children in need, raising more than $30 million.
- Online dance craze sweeps police departments across US Updated: May-27-16 3:25 am
LOS ANGELES - In an online sensation, police officers across the U.S. are dancing an updated version of the running man to a catchy 1990s hip hop song in videos that have included professional sports mascots, cheerleading squads and at least one explosion.
- Airplane 'disturbance' turns out to be an accidental lean Updated: May-26-16 10:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Police at Los Angeles International Airport say a call about a disturbance on a flight from London turned out to be a passenger accidentally setting off an alarm by leaning on an emergency exit lever.
- Khloe Kardashian files to divorce Lamar Odom - again Updated: May-26-16 7:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - Khloe Kardashian is once again seeking to end her marriage to former NBA player Lamar Odom.
- Los Angeles airport flights interrupted by equipment outage Updated: May-26-16 3:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - More than 150 flights in and out of Los Angeles International Airport were affected by a one-hour ground-stop order on the eve of the busy Memorial Day weekend travel period.
- Winfrey explores megachurch drama in OWN series 'Greenleaf' Updated: May-26-16 12:10 pm
WEST HOLLYWOOD, California - Oprah Winfrey's latest project as both producer and actress continues her exploration of religion and spirituality.
- YouTube prankster arrested after climbing Hollywood sign Updated: May-26-16 12:09 pm
LOS ANGELES - A YouTube prankster has been arrested after climbing the Hollywood sign.
- SWAT arrests man suspected of shooting West Covina officer Updated: May-26-16 8:41 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County authorities say a man wanted for shooting and wounding a West Covina police officer has been arrested and hospitalized for wounds he suffered in last week's gunbattle.
- CHP officer seriously injured in LA County hit-and-run Updated: May-26-16 8:25 am
LOS ANGELES - Authorities in Los Angeles County say a suspect was arrested after a California Highway Patrol officer was seriously injured by a hit-and-run driver in the Topanga area.
- Dodgers beat Reds 3-1 behind Kazmir to complete 3-game sweep Updated: May-26-16 1:34 am
- San Francisco airport says 0 breaches in 2015; AP found 3 Updated: May-26-16 1:15 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A year after an Associated Press investigation reported San Francisco International Airport led the country for people getting over fences and through gates, officials there say they've had no more perimeter security breaches.
- Kermit Washington accused of stealing from his charity Updated: May-25-16 6:43 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Prosecutors have filed charges against former NBA forward Kermit Washington, accusing him of embezzling about a half-million dollars in charitable donations meant to help the needy in Africa and spending it on jewelry, vacations and other things.
- Best new theme park rides: Virtual reality, interactivity Updated: May-25-16 3:32 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - You're flying alongside Superman, seeing the world as the Man of Steel views it, thanks to virtual reality headsets on a roller coaster at Six Flags New England.
- GLAAD responds to #GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend Updated: May-25-16 12:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Captain America snags a kiss from Sharon Carter in the latest Marvel pic, "Captain America: Civil War," but many fans are wishing it was from someone else - specifically, a man.
- Boy, 16, arrested in stabbing after stealing victim's car Updated: May-25-16 10:20 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police say a 16-year-old suspect in the stabbing death of a woman he lived with was arrested after he stole the victim's car and crashed it just blocks away.
- Mistrial in assault case of man who saw murder rap tossed Updated: May-25-16 9:38 am
LOS ANGELES - A judge declared a mistrial after a Los Angeles County jury deadlocked on charges of mayhem and assault with a deadly weapon against a man who spent 16 years in prison before his murder conviction was dismissed in 2011.