- Federal report: Polar bears in peril due to global warming Updated: Jul-02-15 8:28 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Polar bears are at risk of dying off if humans don't reverse the trend of global warming, a blunt U.S. government report filed Thursday said.
- Shell secures new authorization in pursuing Arctic drilling Updated: Jun-30-15 6:49 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Royal Dutch Shell has secured another federal authorization as it pursues plans to drill exploration wells in the Arctic waters off the Alaska coast.
- Coast Guard cutter Healy heads out on Arctic expedition Updated: Jun-20-15 11:08 am
BAINBRIDGE ISLAND, Washington - U.S. Coast Guard Capt. Jason Hamilton, of Bainbridge Island, will lead a crew of 150 on an unprecedented expedition to study the Arctic Ocean.
- Former Shell worker cites unsafe conditions on oil ship Updated: Jun-19-15 5:49 pm
SEATTLE - A woman who was permanently injured while working on one of Shell's Arctic drilling support ships has sued, saying the company compromised safety in its rush to drill for oil.
- Kayak protesters detained after trying to stop Shell oil rig Updated: Jun-16-15 3:31 am
SEATTLE - The U.S. Coast Guard says it temporarily detained two dozen protesters who formed a blockade with kayaks and other vessels as Royal Dutch Shell's drill rig left Seattle on its way to explore for oil in the Arctic Ocean.