- Environmental groups seek end to all Arctic Ocean drilling Updated: Sep-29-15 6:42 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Royal Dutch Shell's decision to end its quest for oil in the Arctic waters off Alaska sparked jubilation among environmental activists, who said Tuesday that they will seize the opportunity to seek an end to all drilling to in the region.
- Shell move dims oil prospects, delights environmentalists Updated: Sep-29-15 12:07 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Royal Dutch Shell has abandoned its long quest to become the first company to produce oil in Alaska's Arctic waters, darkening the nation's long-term oil prospects and delighting environmental groups that tried to block the project.
- Shell's departure will mean no drill rigs in Chukchi Sea Updated: Sep-28-15 2:21 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Royal Dutch Shell announced Monday it will end exploration in the Chukchi Sea "for the foreseeable future."
- Actors join campaign to draw attention to Arctic issue Updated: Sep-17-15 6:53 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Critics of Arctic offshore petroleum drilling have used climbing gear, kayaks and polar bear costumes to protest industrial activity in the Arctic. They're now trying humor.
- Canoe team from Minnesota, Iowa reaches Arctic Ocean Updated: Sep-04-15 1:11 pm
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - A team from Minnesota and Iowa has completed a 5,200-mile canoe journey from the Gulf of Mexico to the Arctic Ocean.