- With protest over, Shell prepares for Arctic Ocean drilling Updated: Jul-31-15 5:53 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Hours after a repaired Shell icebreaker eased past protesters in Oregon to join an Arctic drilling operation, the oil giant used other vessels in its flotilla to begin excavating off the coast of Alaska in hopes of confirming the presence of billions of barrels of crude below the ocean floor.
- Russian helicopter pilot rescued from Arctic ice floe Updated: Jul-28-15 10:03 pm
IQALUIT, Nunavut - A Russian helicopter pilot who spent more than 30 hours on an ice floe after ditching his small helicopter into frigid Arctic waters says he's not sure he would have survived much longer had searchers not seen his last warning flare.
- Q&A: A look at Shell Oil and Arctic offshore drilling Updated: Jul-25-15 5:18 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Shell Oil drill vessels are heading to the Arctic.
- Serenity Now: Find tranquility in this verdant Alaska valley Updated: Jul-21-15 1:54 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - To reach one of the most serene spots around Alaska's largest city, you have to rough it first.
- Obama plans Alaska trip for climate change conference Updated: Jul-17-15 4:11 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The White House has confirmed that President Obama will travel to Alaska next month for a climate change meeting.
- Northern Canada proposes potential Arctic oil pipeline Updated: Jul-15-15 3:15 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Canada's provincial Northwest Territories government has been talking to pipeline companies about shipping crude oil through the Arctic, according to the territory's minister in charge of resource development.
- Shell awaits damage report on vessel for Arctic drilling Updated: Jul-09-15 4:09 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Royal Dutch Shell PLC could find out Thursday whether a ship carrying blowout-response equipment required by federal regulators for Arctic offshore drilling can be repaired at a remote Alaska port or must head to dry dock elsewhere.