- Weather Service to re-enact deadly 1991 tornado outbreak Updated: May-02-16 7:50 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - National Weather Service branches in Wichita and Tulsa, Oklahoma, are re-enacting a deadly 1991 tornado outbreak on social media a week after the threat of nasty weather forced them to postpone a similar exercise.
- Man convicted in killings of 4 women sentenced to life terms Updated: May-02-16 4:36 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A man convicted of fatally shooting four women in 2013 has been sentenced to life in prison without parole.
- Ex-deputy asks judge to release him from jail pending appeal Updated: May-02-16 1:53 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A former volunteer sheriff's deputy in Oklahoma who was convicted last week of fatally shooting an unarmed and restrained man wants to be released from jail on bond while waiting to be sentenced.
- 2nd suspect arrested in 2015 slaying at Tulsa restaurant Updated: Apr-30-16 3:05 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa police have arrested a second suspect in the 2015 shooting death of the owner of a small hamburger restaurant.
- Man suspected of starting Creek County wildfire arrested Updated: Apr-29-16 12:00 pm
SAPULPA, Oklahoma - A Bristow man accused of igniting a wildfire in 2012 that burned nearly 60,000 acres and destroyed hundreds of homes in Creek County has been arrested.
- Man gets 120 years in abduction, rape of 12-year-old girl Updated: Apr-28-16 1:57 am
SAPULPA, Oklahoma - A Sapulpa man who was linked by DNA taken from a cup of lemonade to the rape and abduction of a 12-year-old girl has been sentenced to 120 years in prison.
- Woman sentenced in deaths of nieces after Tulsa fire Updated: Apr-28-16 1:11 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - A woman charged in the deaths of her two young nieces in a Tulsa apartment fire has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
- Jury convicts ex-Oklahoma reserve deputy in suspect's death Updated: Apr-27-16 8:07 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A former Oklahoma volunteer sheriff's deputy who said he mistook his handgun for his stun gun when he fatally shot an unarmed suspect last year was convicted of second-degree manslaughter on Wednesday.
- Utah woman arrested in Oklahoma, suspected of kidnapping Updated: Apr-27-16 4:23 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Utah woman wanted for kidnapping her 1-year-old grandson has been arrested in Oklahoma.
- Plans for 7-mile turnpike in Oklahoma City to be discussed Updated: Apr-25-16 11:27 am
YUKON, Oklahoma - Plans for a 7-mile turnpike in southwest Oklahoma City connecting Will Rogers World Airport with Interstate 40 are to be unveiled at a public meeting in Yukon.
- Jury recommends life for Tulsa man in 2014 double murder Updated: Apr-23-16 12:11 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A jury in Tulsa has recommended two life-without-parole prison sentences for a 26-year-old man convicted of two counts of first-degree murder in the 2014 slayings of two women.
- Oklahoma firm announces Gulf rig closure, layoffs Updated: Apr-22-16 8:56 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Helmerich & Payne International Drilling Company has notified the state that it anticipates dozens of workers at a rig in the Gulf of Mexico will lose their jobs because of a canceled contract.
- Alcohol debate in Oklahoma turns testy after Indian comment Updated: Apr-21-16 9:16 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A Republican state lawmaker said Thursday that a plan to expand beer and wine sales in Oklahoma would disproportionally affect Native Americans because they are "predisposed to alcoholism."
- University of Tulsa president Upham announces plan to retire Updated: Apr-21-16 12:52 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - University of Tulsa President Steadman Upham has announced plans to retire at the end of the year.
- Sea lion with bone cancer euthanized at Tulsa Zoo Updated: Apr-20-16 5:23 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A 23-year-old male sea lion has died at the Tulsa Zoo.
- Tulsa woman's sentence for manslaughter conviction is tossed Updated: Apr-20-16 1:07 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals has overturned the 25-year sentence of a Tulsa woman who was convicted of first-degree manslaughter.
- Judge clears former Tulsa officer in civil rights case Updated: Apr-20-16 11:46 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - A federal judge has ruled that a former Tulsa police officer didn't violate a man's civil rights when he used false information to obtain a home search warrant.
- Tulsa-based oil, natural gas producer lays off 42 employees Updated: Apr-19-16 4:40 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - An oil and natural gas producer has laid off 42 employees, including 38 at its headquarters in Tulsa.
- Arkansas-Little Rock adds Kwanza Johnson to basketball staff Updated: Apr-19-16 3:48 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas-Little Rock basketball coach Wes Flanigan has added TCU assistant coach Kwanza Johnson to the Trojans' staff.
- Oklahoma at Tulsa softball postponed due to rain Updated: Apr-19-16 1:21 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma at Tulsa softball game has been postponed because of heavy rain in the Tulsa area.
- Editorial Roundup: Recent editorials in Oklahoma newspapers Updated: Apr-19-16 9:43 am
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Oklahoma newspapers:
- Tulsa promotes staff member to assistant basketball coach Updated: Apr-18-16 3:29 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - University of Tulsa basketball coach Frank Haith has announced the promotion of Kim English to assistant coach.
- Tulsa police union president criticizes mayor's online post Updated: Apr-18-16 11:38 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - The president of Tulsa's police union has criticized Mayor Dewey Bartlett over a message on his campaign's Facebook page.
- Oklahoma law enforcement agencies fighting opioid overdoses Updated: Apr-17-16 12:16 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - About 30 Oklahoma law enforcement agencies have been certified to administer a rescue drug for opioid overdoses that has already helped save the lives of 30 people in the state.
- Tulsa man shot to death, police say suspect is in custody Updated: Apr-16-16 3:59 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Police in Tulsa say a man was shot to death on the city's east side and a suspect is in custody.