- Mercury close on 19-5 spurt to beat Shock 78-66 Updated: Jul-30-15 10:34 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - DeWanna Bonner had 24 points and nine rebounds, Candice Dupree scored 20 and the Phoenix Mercury beat Tulsa 78-66 on Thursday night in the Shock's first game since their Dallas relocation announcement.
- Oklahoma, advocacy groups reach agreement on voter rights Updated: Jul-30-15 6:05 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma residents who seek public assistance from various state agencies will be provided more opportunities to register to vote under the terms of a settlement agreement announced Thursday that would stave off a potential lawsuit over the state's compliance with federal voting laws.
- OSU Gerontology and Geriatrics fall conference set for Tulsa Updated: Jul-30-15 3:23 am
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State University in Tulsa plans to host the sixth annual Linking Gerontology and Geriatrics conference in September.
- Man shot, another pistol-whipped in Tulsa home invasion Updated: Jul-29-15 5:58 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Police are investigating after several robbers shot a man, pistol-whipped another and killed a dog during a home invasion in east Tulsa.
- Oklahoma lawmaker acknowledges criminal investigation Updated: Jul-28-15 5:10 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - An attorney for Oklahoma state Sen. Rick Brinkley has acknowledged that the lawmaker is under a criminal investigation related to his alleged embezzlement of more than $1 million from a nonprofit agency where he once worked.
- Correction: Church Bus Crash story Updated: Jul-28-15 8:58 am
ADAIR, Oklahoma - In July 27 and July 28 stories about a highway crash that injured 10 children in Oklahoma, The Associated Press, in some instances, erroneously referred to the vehicle that crashed as a bus. It was a van.
- Missing McAlester woman found dead in car in Tulsa Updated: Jul-27-15 10:14 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa police say a missing McAlester woman has been found dead inside her car in south Tulsa.
- Number of registered younger voters in Oklahoma is declining Updated: Jul-26-15 5:39 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Oklahoma election board records show a 40 percent decline in the number of 18-to-24-year-olds who are registered to vote, and some in the age group say the reason is the registration process is cumbersome and that candidates fail to connect with them.
- Tulsa man drowns after jumping from boat into Spring Creek Updated: Jul-26-15 4:23 pm
FORT GIBSON, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says the body of a Tulsa man has been recovered after he drowned in Spring Creek.
- South Korea's Eun Jong Seong wins US Girls' Junior Updated: Jul-25-15 9:06 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - South Korea's Eun Jeong Seong won the U.S. Girls' Junior on Saturday, beating Angel Yin 3 and 2 in hot conditions at Tulsa Country Club.
- Tulsa City Council OKs tax help for redevelopment project Updated: Jul-24-15 4:46 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa city leaders have approved tax help sought by the Tulsa World in efforts to renovate a historic downtown building and in the construction of another building.
- WNBA owners approve Tulsa Shock's move to Dallas area Updated: Jul-23-15 8:56 pm
WNBA owners unanimously approved a plan Thursday to move the Tulsa Shock to the Dallas-Fort Worth area next season.
- Latest: 2 dead identified as parents; adult son is suspect Updated: Jul-23-15 6:02 pm
BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma - The latest on the stabbing deaths of an Oklahoma family (all times local):
- Oklahoma City, Tulsa roads rated among worst in the nation Updated: Jul-23-15 3:13 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Roads in Oklahoma City and Tulsa are rated among the most deteriorated in the nation by a transportation group that says the roads cost drivers more than $900 a year in vehicle operating costs.
- Tulsa man arrested in apartment complex stabbing Updated: Jul-23-15 4:17 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - A 29-year-old man has been arrested in the stabbing of another man at a Tulsa apartment complex.
- Tulsa Zoo celebrates second-highest annual attendance Updated: Jul-23-15 3:04 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Attendance is up at the Tulsa Zoo.
- Buyer snags trophy believed to belong to Miss America 1926 Updated: Jul-22-15 6:02 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A private Americana collector was the winning and only bidder for a trophy believed to be the one awarded to Miss America 1926.
- Grand jury's inquiry of Tulsa sheriff done in secrecy Updated: Jul-22-15 4:12 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A grand jury investigating a sheriff in Tulsa County, where a reserve deputy fatally shot an unarmed man, will do its work in secret. Even the room it meets in, what witnesses it calls, when it meets and for how long aren't public.
- Tulsa Shock try to fight through mounting distractions Updated: Jul-22-15 2:45 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Tulsa Shock have had more than a season's worth of distractions just halfway through.
- Developer pulls rezoning request of land for outlet mall Updated: Jul-21-15 8:04 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A company has withdrawn a rezoning request of private property for an outlet mall, but it said that it remains committed to bringing such a development to the Tulsa area.
- Dolson scores 18, leads Mystics past Shock, 76-69 Updated: Jul-21-15 3:57 pm
- Tulsa man drowns in Holdenville City Lake Updated: Jul-20-15 9:37 am
HOLDENVILLE, Oklahoma - A Tulsa man has drowned and a Holdenville man was injured trying to rescue him at Holdenville City Lake.
- Police: Man arrested in Tulsa after kidnapping ex-girlfriend Updated: Jul-20-15 4:08 am
BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma - Police say a woman was rescued in Tulsa after being kidnapped by her ex-boyfriend.
- Maya Moore scores 32 points, Lynx top Shock 79-72 Updated: Jul-19-15 7:53 pm
- Zarrow Foundation gives $5M for Alzheimer's research Updated: Jul-19-15 4:29 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Anne and Henry Zarrow Foundation has donated $5 million to the Alzheimer's Association Oklahoma Chapter for research.