- Duke University president to step down from post in 2017 Updated: Apr-28-16 4:09 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke University President Richard H. Brodhead has announced that he will step down from his post in June 2017.
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Durham convenience store shooting Updated: Apr-28-16 8:12 am
DURHAM, North Carolina - Police in Durham say one man has been shot and killed and another man has been hurt in an apparent robbery at a convenience store.
- Fallout from North Carolina LGBT law worries small business Updated: Apr-27-16 11:22 am
Small businesses in North Carolina are already losing valuable business because of the new state law limiting protections for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.
- Atlanta deputy chief named new police chief in Durham Updated: Apr-26-16 2:54 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Atlanta Deputy Police Chief Cerelyn J. Davis has been appointed as Durham's new police chief.
- 275 pharma jobs planned despite backlash over NC's LGBT law Updated: Apr-26-16 2:27 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A generic pharmaceutical company plans a North Carolina factory employing 275 workers by the end of 2020, the first substantial jobs announcement since the state last month passed a law limiting protections for LGBT people.
- Duke's Grayson Allen has hernia surgery Updated: Apr-22-16 4:38 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke guard Grayson Allen has had surgery to repair a hernia.
- Duke's Jefferson receives medical hardship waiver Updated: Apr-22-16 1:21 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke forward Amile Jefferson will be able to play for the Blue Devils next season.
- 'Moral Monday' leader removed from American Airlines flight Updated: Apr-17-16 7:14 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The architect of the progressive movement known as "Moral Monday" said he was removed from an American Airlines flight after he responded to a passenger who made disparaging remarks.
- Jim Leyland to manage US at 2017 World Baseball Classic Updated: Apr-15-16 1:34 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Jim Leyland will manage the U.S. team at the 2017 World Baseball Classic.
- Ani DiFranco, Cyndi Lauper join North Carolina law protest Updated: Apr-14-16 5:35 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Ani DiFranco and Cyndi Lauper are the latest musicians to protest a North Carolina state law that limits anti-discrimination protections for the LGBT community.
- Judge dismisses Duke from lawsuit over parking incident Updated: Apr-13-16 5:32 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - A Durham County judge is dismissing Duke University from a lawsuit that helped spark a student sit-in that lasted a week.
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Updated: Apr-12-16 6:19 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke says its human resources department is reviewing the women's basketball program. Two players left the team after this season, and one left in the middle of last season.
- Duke freshman guard Derryck Thornton to transfer Updated: Apr-10-16 4:52 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke says freshman guard Derryck Thornton is transferring.
- With Sirk injured, Boehme takes control of Duke offense Updated: Apr-09-16 2:24 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke spent the spring breaking in a new quarterback and finding out the old one might be back sooner than expected.
- The Latest: Duke University protesters don't plan to leave Updated: Apr-05-16 4:08 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - The Latest on the sit-in at Duke University (all times local):
- Private Raleigh officer charged with abuse of power Updated: Apr-05-16 10:56 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The chief of a private police force in Raleigh has been accused of abusing his power in connection with four arrests during the past year.
- Duke's Brandon Ingram declares for NBA Draft after 1 season Updated: Apr-04-16 12:39 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Brandon Ingram has made it official - he's the latest Duke one-and-done player.
- Duke: Coach K recovering from knee replacement surgery Updated: Apr-03-16 4:45 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke says Hall of Fame men's basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski is recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Updated: Apr-01-16 3:32 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke says Azura Stevens and Angela Salvadores are leaving the women's basketball program.
- Former Duke AD Tom Butters, who hired Coach K, dies at 77 Updated: Apr-01-16 2:57 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Former Duke athletic director Tom Butters has died.