- Man goes to jail for trying to get loan in brother's name Updated: May-01-16 1:43 pm
SCOTTSBLUFF, Nebraska - A 55-year-old western Nebraska man has been sentenced to six months in jail for trying to take out a loan in his brother's name.
- Berkshire Hathaway shareholder events continue Sunday Updated: May-01-16 11:43 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The festivities around Berkshire Hathaway's annual meeting continue Sunday with a day of fun events.
- Nebraska offices usher small businesses into global markets Updated: May-01-16 11:23 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's small business owners say state employees nestled in offices more than 6,000 miles away have saved them from making irrevocable mistakes in the global market.
- Lincoln congregation raises funds to replace burned church Updated: May-01-16 11:00 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - More than two years have passed since the bitterly cold night in January 2014 when firefighters battled the flames that gutted the Syracuse United Methodist Church, leaving only an ice-covered red-brick shell behind.
- Beatrice woman attributes bone strength to water aerobics Updated: May-01-16 10:59 am
BEATRICE, Nebraska - There was a time when Doris Ourecky's bones were like that of a 100-year-old. She hadn't yet turned 70, the Beatrice Daily Sun (http://bit.ly/1YVtpYR ) reports.
- Berkshire Hathaway event celebrates what makes firm unique Updated: Apr-30-16 10:37 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Berkshire Hathaway's idiosyncrasies were on display this weekend, as tens of thousands of people filled an arena to listen to Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger talk business for several hours Saturday at the conglomerate's annual meeting.
- The Latest: Berkshire investors reject climate change report Updated: Apr-30-16 8:35 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Latest on Berkshire Hathaway's annual shareholders meeting, where tens of thousands of people have listened to CEO Warren Buffett and Vice Chairman Charlie Munger talk business for several hours (all times local):
- Shelton looks to replace superintendent who was arrested Updated: Apr-30-16 7:14 pm
SHELTON, Nebraska - The Shelton school board is looking for an interim superintendent after the man who currently holds the job was accused of attacking his wife.
- Auditors assail spending by Nebraska Tourism Commission Updated: Apr-30-16 6:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska tourism officials used state money to reimburse a marketing firm for alcohol and cigarettes, accepted meals from contractors and paid $44,000 in speaking fees for a 90-minute speech by a corporate executive, according to a new state audit.
- Nebraska Game and Parks sets Nebraska Bird Month events Updated: Apr-30-16 6:28 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Game and Parks has scheduled three events in May as part of International Migratory Bird Month - better known Nebraska Bird Month.
- Game and Parks reminds young boaters to take safety course Updated: Apr-30-16 6:27 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - State officials say young Nebraska boaters should remember to take a required safety course before operating watercraft this summer.
- Omaha police announce arrest in woman's shooting death Updated: Apr-30-16 4:26 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police say they've made an arrest in the case of a woman found fatally shot in an Omaha neighborhood west of Fontenelle Park.
- GOP hopeful Cruz announces Nebraska state leadership team Updated: Apr-30-16 1:45 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Republican presidential hopeful Ted Cruz has unveiled a Nebraska leadership team to help him campaign in the state.
- Another Hero2Hired career fair for veterans set in Lincoln Updated: Apr-29-16 7:57 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Organizers say more than 80 employers will attend the Hero2Hired career fair for veterans Wednesday in Lincoln.
- Spring snowstorm in forecast for western Nebraska Updated: Apr-29-16 1:47 pm
NORTH PLATTE, Nebraska - A slow-moving system is expected to bring a mix of rain and snow to the Panhandle and other parts of western Nebraska.
- 12 sex offenders arrested in Lincoln County compliance check Updated: Apr-29-16 12:22 pm
NORTH PLATTE, Nebraska - Local and state officers and the U.S. Marshals Services have arrested 12 convicted sex offenders while conducting a compliance operation in western Nebraska's Lincoln County.
- Service confirms 2nd, weaker tornado touched down in Omaha Updated: Apr-29-16 11:53 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The National Weather Service says it's confirmed that a second, weaker tornado touched down briefly in northwest Omaha.
- Omaha Public Schools to review severe weather guidelines Updated: Apr-29-16 11:00 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha Public Schools says it's reviewing its severe weather procedures after parents were told they couldn't take shelter inside an elementary school during a tornado warning.
- Nebraska, Oklahoma join suit to halt Colorado marijuana law Updated: Apr-29-16 10:34 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Attorney General Doug Peterson and his counterpart in Oklahoma are joining a lawsuit aimed at halting legal marijuana in Colorado.
- 'You stole my chair!' Woman confronts man in her wheelchair Updated: Apr-29-16 10:00 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A 75-year-old woman has confronted a man who was cruising around an Omaha park in her stolen motorized wheelchair.
- Dozens pack board meeting to oppose potential reservoirs Updated: Apr-29-16 7:58 am
NORFOLK, Nebraska - Opposition has surfaced to the possibility of more reservoirs being constructed in northeast Nebraska.
- Man admits to illegally voting in both Kansas, Nebraska Updated: Apr-29-16 7:31 am
HAYS, Kansas - A man who voted illegally in both Kansas and Nebraska in 2012 has been fined $5,500.
- Cousin charged with shooting of 14-month-old in Omaha Updated: Apr-29-16 6:49 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A young Omaha man is being held on $750,000 bail for the shooting of his 14-month-old cousin.
- Man gets life in prison in 2013 Omaha slaying Updated: Apr-29-16 1:47 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A man charged in the fatal shooting of an Omaha man in 2013 has been sentenced to life in prison.
- Lincoln school bus involved in crash, no students injured Updated: Apr-28-16 7:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Police say a Lincoln school bus has been involved in an accident with a sports utility vehicle.