- Man gets over 17 years for Kearney credit union robbery Updated: Feb-12-16 7:55 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A judge has sentenced a Chicago man to over 17 years in prison for robbing a Kearney credit union.
- Warrant issued for Lincoln shooting suspect Updated: Feb-12-16 7:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A warrant has been issued for a Lincoln man in connection with a shooting that seriously injured two men.
- Truck inspection leads to 90 pounds of marijuana, arrest Updated: Feb-12-16 5:59 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A truck inspection in Lincoln led a state trooper to 90 pounds of marijuana and one arrest.
- Suspected police impersonator in Malcom is a false alarm Updated: Feb-12-16 5:32 pm
MALCOM, Nebraska - The Lancaster County Sheriff's Office says a man mistaken to be impersonating a law enforcement officer was actually a volunteer firefighter investigating a car fire in Malcolm.
- Challenge to Nebraska's limit on paternity requests rejected Updated: Feb-12-16 5:19 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court rejected Friday a constitutional challenge to the state's four-year statute of limitations on paternity requests in the case of a man who sought paternity and custody of an 8-year-old child born to a woman with whom he had an extramarital affair.
- Allegiant Air flight makes emergency landing in Alabama Updated: Feb-12-16 4:41 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Allegiant Air officials say a flight heading from Florida to Nebraska made an emergency landing in Alabama because of an electrical odor in the cabin.
- Progress made to replace Offutt Air Force Base's bad runway Updated: Feb-12-16 3:37 pm
OFFUTT AIR FORCE BASE, Nebraska - A project to replace Offutt Air Force Base's crumbling runway appears to be moving forward, but key questions have yet to be answered.
- Nebraska high court reverses landlord discrimination order Updated: Feb-12-16 1:57 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A white Lincoln landlord has been slow to respond to all of his tenants, regardless of their race and nationality, the Nebraska Supreme Court said Friday in a ruling reversing a housing discrimination order.
- Bail set at $10M for man who shot up bar, fired at officers Updated: Feb-12-16 12:36 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A judge set bail at $10 million for a man accused of shooting up an Omaha bar and firing at police after fleeing to his apartment complex.
- Nebraska lifts only ban on packer-owned hogs in US Updated: Feb-12-16 12:23 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The nation's only ban on meatpackers owning hogs has ended due to a new Nebraska law that allows processers to control the animals from birth to slaughter.
- Ricketts approves bill to encourage organ donations Updated: Feb-12-16 11:49 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Organ donor statuses on Nebraska driver's licenses will remain in effect until a citizen asks to change it.
- Saleswoman accused of theft for bilking restaurant Updated: Feb-12-16 9:03 am
GERING, Nebraska - A western Nebraska woman has been accused of billing a Scottsbluff business for food but then selling the food to other businesses or using it herself.
- Former TierOne CEO loses bids for acquittal, new trial Updated: Feb-12-16 7:52 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A former Nebraska bank executive convicted of fraud has lost his bids for acquittal or a new trial.
- Opponents urge lawmakers to snuff out tobacco tax increase Updated: Feb-11-16 8:39 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's tobacco tax could more than double under a bill that is drawing praise from health officials but strong criticism from retailers, grocers and smokers.
- Woman whose Omaha babysitter was killed to read statement Updated: Feb-11-16 6:17 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A woman who was at the scene of her babysitter's murder as a child is now protesting the convicted killer's early release.
- University leader in Lincoln addresses racism in community Updated: Feb-11-16 5:37 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A leader at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln says the school is taking steps to address issues of racism on campus and in the community.
- Western Nebraska man sentenced for theft of government funds Updated: Feb-11-16 5:26 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A western Nebraska man has been sentenced to 90 days' home confinement and ordered to repay more than $92,000 for working while collecting disability payments.
- Hospital says stolen laptop contained patient ID information Updated: Feb-11-16 5:25 pm
McCOOK, Nebraska - Community Hospital in McCook has told nearly 4,200 former patients that their identity information was contained on a laptop computer that was stolen in December.
- Nebraska gambling opponents launch anti-casino campaign Updated: Feb-11-16 4:57 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A coalition that has for years battled vigorously against allowing casinos in Nebraska will once again muster its resources to fight a ballot campaign to allow casinos at licensed horse racing tracks.
- Canadian Pacific creates website to argue for rail merger Updated: Feb-11-16 3:44 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Canadian Pacific has created a website to showcase all of its arguments for its proposed takeover of Norfolk Southern railroad.
- Farm income declining in region so loan demand growing Updated: Feb-11-16 12:25 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Federal Reserve says farm income continued to decline during the fourth quarter in Midwestern and Western states, so farmers are borrowing more.
- Iowa administrator hired to run western Nebraska city Updated: Feb-11-16 7:30 am
SIDNEY, Nebraska - An Iowa man has been hired to run the western Nebraska city of Sidney.
- Nebraska woman gets 18 months for bank embezzlement Updated: Feb-11-16 6:15 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A suburban Omaha woman has been given 18 months in prison for embezzling from a bank branch.
- Man gets 10 to 20 years in prison in Lincoln shooting Updated: Feb-11-16 4:39 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A man charged in a shooting that injured a Lincoln man has been sentenced to 10 to 20 years in prison.
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska Updated: Feb-10-16 10:56 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Prior to this season, Wisconsin's Vitto Brown was a little-used reserve, best known for his stirring rendition of the national anthem before select games.