- Patriots join 'Deflategate' fight in court for the 1st time Updated: May-25-16 6:41 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The New England Patriots joined the latest "Deflategate" appeal to support Tom Brady on Wednesday, taking sides with their star quarterback in court for the first time in his fight against the NFL and Commissioner Roger Goodell.
- Feds say Turkish celebrity who faces prison is a flight risk Updated: May-25-16 5:49 pm
NEW YORK - A Turkish celebrity who lived the high life as he enabled Iran to overcome U.S. sanctions and deceive the United States and the international banking system for years is a flight risk and shouldn't get bail, prosecutors said Wednesday.
- Russian banker in spy case gets 2½ years in US prison Updated: May-25-16 5:09 pm
NEW YORK - A Russian banker who pleaded guilty to conspiracy in what the government portrayed as a Cold War-style spy ring was sentenced Wednesday to 2½ years in a U.S. prison.
- HBO producer among 2 charged in dermatologist's OD death Updated: May-25-16 2:37 pm
NEW YORK - The producer of an HBO series was among two men arrested Wednesday in the 2015 death of a dermatologist who overdosed on cocaine and alcohol.
- Alleged Islamic State sympathizer arrested on terror charge Updated: May-24-16 6:16 pm
NEW YORK - Investigators found an Islamic State flag and a passport wrapped in $2,400 in cash when they arrested a young Bronx man Tuesday on charges that he tried to support the terror organization, a prosecutor said.
- Book Review: 'Sweetbitter' is a novel to be savored Updated: May-24-16 3:29 pm
NEW YORK - "Sweetbitter," (Alfred A. Knopf), by Stephanie Danler
- Former Yankees OF Williams reinventing himself as a musician Updated: May-24-16 2:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Bernie Williams stopped being a baseball player in 2006. Being a musician, however, is his lifelong endeavor.
- 'Little Syria' exhibit heading 'home' to New York Updated: May-24-16 11:43 am
DETROIT - An exhibition about one of the earliest Arab American settlements heads to places near the old New York neighborhood where it first laid roots, as well as the spot where many immigrants first set foot in the U.S.
- NYC is testing park benches with built-in charging stations Updated: May-24-16 9:58 am
NEW YORK - New York City is testing park benches with built-in charging stations for mobile devices.
- Court reinstates lawsuits alleging collusion by big banks Updated: May-23-16 6:53 pm
NEW YORK - Lawsuits against 16 of the world's largest banks alleging they colluded to manipulate the primary benchmark for global short-term interest rates have been reinstated by a federal appeals court that found Monday that a judge had rejected the litigation too quickly.
- Police: NYPD officer accused in beating now faces DWI Updated: May-23-16 6:30 am
NEW YORK - A New York City police officer already accused of drunkenly breaking into a woman's apartment and punching her 20 times now faces a driving while intoxicated charge after police say he crashed into three parked cars.
- To claw or not to claw? NY cat proposal sparks frisky debate Updated: May-22-16 1:14 pm
ALBANY, New York - For many decades, declawing cats has been a routine veterinary procedure, but this is no simple pedicure. There's anesthesia, pain medication and the amputation of the cat's toes back to the first knuckle.
- NY officer stripped of gun, badge after pulling gun on video Updated: May-20-16 8:18 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City police officer shown on video pointing his gun at a bystander who was filming a police encounter has been stripped of his gun and badge.
- Citi Bike share expansion includes Brooklyn, Manhattan Updated: May-20-16 7:01 pm
NEW YORK - New York City's bike share program is expanding into Brooklyn and further into Manhattan.
- Morley Safer, veteran "60 Minutes" correspondent, dies at 84 Updated: May-20-16 12:27 am
NEW YORK - During a visit last Friday with a frail Morley Safer, Tom Brokaw exchanged memories with him about fellow journalists Ben Bradlee, Don Hewitt and others who had died.
- Mickelson to lose $1M in SEC case involving Vegas gambler Updated: May-19-16 8:28 pm
NEW YORK - Phil Mickelson paid off a debt to a professional gambler with nearly $1 million that was unfairly reaped from an insider trading scheme, according to a federal investigation that led to two arrests but spared the golf great from criminal charges.
- Metro-North Railroad in New York to resume normal service Updated: May-19-16 6:51 pm
NEW YORK - Metro-North Railroad said it was resuming normal service Friday after completing temporary repairs to a section of an elevated track in New York City that was damaged in a fire.
- Former lawyer who survived suicide attempt is sentenced Updated: May-19-16 6:03 pm
NEW YORK - A one-time corporate lawyer who cheated friends and relatives of life savings in a $5 million Ponzi scheme before writing a 16-page suicide note and jumping into the Hudson River was sentenced Thursday to five years in prison as former friends watched with content at the severity of his penalty.
- Man sentenced for killing NYC violinist in her upstate home Updated: May-19-16 1:01 pm
MAYVILLE, New York - One of two men who killed a New York City violinist inside her upstate summer home in 2014 has been sentenced to 25 years to life in state prison.
- Police: Belligerent, knife-wielding man killed by officer Updated: May-18-16 9:09 pm
NEW YORK - A man became belligerent as he tried to buy beer at a grocery store in the city's Theater District on Wednesday, pulled out an 8-inch knife that he refused to drop and was shot to death by police on a busy tourist-filled street, authorities said.
- The Latest: Police ID man fatally shot after pulling knife Updated: May-18-16 8:58 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on a police-involved shooting in New York in which one person was killed (all times local):
- Diaco fires up UConn's NYC base with promise of progress Updated: May-18-16 8:33 pm
NEW YORK - Bob Diaco was doing his best to get the crowded bar on the East Side of Manhattan fired up about Connecticut football, running down all the reasons to be hopeful about the Huskies taking another step forward.
- NYC police issue missing alert for 3-year-old girl Updated: May-17-16 10:54 pm
NEW YORK - New York City police have issued a missing child alert for a 3-year-old girl and who went missing after leaving home with her nanny.
- Passionate, emotional Garth Brooks readies NYC return Updated: May-17-16 3:20 pm
NEW YORK - Garth Brooks is full of tears - tears of joy - as he prepares to return to New York City after two decades and he discusses emotional topics such as family and music.
- Nearly 170 NY houses of worship open for tours this weekend Updated: May-17-16 10:16 am
NEW YORK - Nearly 170 historic religious institutions across New York state will show off their art, architecture and history this weekend.