- Feds: Luxury apartments weren't built for disabled people Updated: Feb-12-16 5:09 pm
NEW YORK - The first Manhattan high-rise residential rental building constructed after the Sept. 11 attacks is promoted online as offering "well-thought out" luxury one-, two- and three-bedroom units to accommodate a comfortable and sophisticated lifestyle. But federal prosecutors said Friday the real estate development company that created it left out some important details that would exclude some disabled tenants.
- Amazon debuts series based on New Yorker magazine Updated: Feb-12-16 2:01 pm
NEW YORK - After working 18 years at "The Daily Show," Kahane Cooperman had only a weekend off last summer before starting a job running Amazon's new video version of The New Yorker magazine.
- New York City officials decide it's too cold for ice fest Updated: Feb-12-16 12:32 pm
NEW YORK - It's too cold in New York City for the annual Central Park Ice Festival.
- Manhattan stages 2nd half comeback to top Quinnipiac, 84-77 Updated: Feb-11-16 10:57 pm
NEW YORK - Zane Waterman scored 19 points and grabbed 11 rebounds and Manhattan converted 7 of 9 shots from the line in the final minute to hold off Quinnipiac, 84-77 in a Metro Atlantic battle Thursday night.
- Judge plans to unseal documents in Sheldon Silver case Updated: Feb-11-16 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - A judge says she plans to unseal redacted versions of documents she kept secret just before the trial of ex-state Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver for fear they would taint prospective jurors.
- 5 indicted in 2015 New York City gas explosion that killed 2 Updated: Feb-11-16 1:50 pm
NEW YORK - A building owner and four others were arrested Thursday on manslaughter, negligent homicide and other charges in connection with a gas explosion last year that killed two people and leveled three Manhattan buildings.
- CityTime computer specialist gets 3 years' probation Updated: Feb-11-16 6:44 am
NEW YORK - A computer specialist who admitted his role in a scheme involving New York City's CityTime computerized payroll system has been sentenced to three years' probation.
- Trial over gallery's fake paintings ends with settlement Updated: Feb-10-16 7:47 pm
NEW YORK - A civil trial exposing the ugly underbelly of New York's art world ended with a settlement just as the once highly respected president of a gallery was to testify Wednesday about selling forged fakes of modern masters for millions of dollars.
- Comptroller sounds cautious note about NYC budget Updated: Feb-10-16 5:23 pm
NEW YORK - Comptroller Scott Stringer is sounding a cautious note about New York City's booming economy.
- Steam atop WTC confused for smoke; concern on social media Updated: Feb-10-16 7:52 am
NEW YORK - A combination of steam and the lights atop 1 World Trade Center had some people concerned that smoke was rising from the tower.
- Sources: Sanders to meet with Rev. Al Sharpton in New York Updated: Feb-09-16 9:50 pm
NEW YORK - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders plans to meet with the Rev. Al Sharpton over breakfast in New York City.
- NYC's Carnegie Deli reopens after building code violation Updated: Feb-09-16 7:17 pm
NEW YORK - New York City's Carnegie Deli has reopened after being closed for 10 months due to illegal gas use.
- Martin Shkreli sued by artist over Wu-Tang Clan album Updated: Feb-09-16 6:27 pm
NEW YORK - A Long Island artist sued ex-pharmaceutical CEO Martin Shkreli and others Tuesday over the use of his art in a Wu-Tang Clan album, saying he never expected portraits he posted on a fan blog two years ago to be used without his permission.
- 12 mirrored hearts in Times Square celebrate Valentine's Day Updated: Feb-09-16 11:47 am
NEW YORK - Times Square is ready for Valentine's Day.
- Police: Man robs, sexually assaults woman in New York City Updated: Feb-09-16 4:21 am
NEW YORK - Police say a man grabbed a woman from behind and threw her to the ground before robbing and sexually assaulting her on a New York City block.
- NYC man killed by falling crane eulogized as generous, kind Updated: Feb-07-16 6:53 pm
NEW YORK - A pedestrian killed by a collapsing crane was eulogized Sunday as a man of kindness and generosity as the final remnants of the crumpled steel were removed from the Manhattan street where they fell.
- The Latest: NYC mayor issues construction crane safety plan Updated: Feb-07-16 3:20 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the collapse of a construction crane, which killed a pedestrian (all times local):
- How Donald Trump, with pizazz and bluster, took on the NFL Updated: Feb-07-16 8:13 am
WASHINGTON - The New Jersey Generals are largely forgotten now - part of the long-defunct and once-upstart United States Football League.
- Small group of NY lawmakers make biggest outside incomes Updated: Feb-06-16 11:04 am
ALBANY, New York - Reform advocates, most voters and Gov. Andrew Cuomo want to help clean up scandal-scarred Albany by prohibiting the state's 213 legislators from making serious money on the side.
- Fire chaplain marries couple at site of NYC crane collapse Updated: Feb-05-16 10:30 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City fire chaplain who responded to a crane collapse in Manhattan found herself helping in a way she never expected - performing an impromptu wedding ceremony.
- Judge who presided over Martha Stewart's NY trial dies at 86 Updated: Feb-05-16 7:40 pm
NEW YORK - A federal judge who presided over Martha Stewart's criminal trial in New York has died. Miriam Cedarbaum was 86.
- NYPD officer who was shot in cheek released from hospital Updated: Feb-05-16 4:48 pm
NEW YORK - One of two New York City police officers who was shot and wounded in the stairwell of a public housing project was released from the hospital Friday to cheers from fellow officers.
- Gay groups seek to buy NYC church known for hateful messages Updated: Feb-05-16 10:42 am
NEW YORK - The end may be nigh for a Harlem church known for hateful public messages condemning gays and President Barack Obama to eternal damnation, and two groups that serve gay New Yorkers are hoping to get an ironic last word on the matter.
- NYC police say drone hits Empire State Building Updated: Feb-05-16 7:44 am
NEW YORK - Police say a man was arrested after he apparently lost control of a small drone that crashed into the Empire State Building.
- Construction worker falls from New York City building, dies Updated: Feb-05-16 4:25 am
NEW YORK - Police say a 62-year-old construction worker fell to his death while performing repair work in New York City.