- Authorities clean up spill into Clinton River; source sought Updated: Jun-02-15 5:40 am
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Authorities are working to clean up a suspected petroleum-based spill into the Clinton River in suburban Detroit that spread for several miles.
- Detroit orchestra dedicates jazz festival to Marcus Belgrave Updated: Jun-02-15 4:08 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Symphony Orchestra is dedicating its three-day jazz festival to an internationally acclaimed jazz trumpeter who called the city home.
- Dingell, Levin honored for distinguished public service Updated: Jun-01-15 9:04 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Two retired Michigan congressmen are being awarded the Gerald R. Ford Medal for Distinguished Public Service at a ceremony Monday night in Washington.
- Authorities in Detroit announce initiative to cut gun crime Updated: Jun-01-15 7:05 pm
DETROIT - Federal authorities and local officials in Detroit put felons on notice Monday that even getting caught with a gun could mean an extended stay in prison.
- Murder charge for suburban Detroit man in bat attack on wife Updated: Jun-01-15 6:06 pm
INDEPENDENCE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 32-year-old Detroit-area man accused of killing his wife and dog with a baseball bat while the couple's children were in other parts of their home has been charged with first-degree murder and animal cruelty.
- Dearborn church returns altar cloth to German church Updated: Jun-01-15 3:49 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - A church in suburban Detroit is returning an altar cloth donated by a World War II veteran to the German church from which it came.
- Police: Off-duty DC officer wounded in Detroit-area shooting Updated: Jun-01-15 3:09 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Police say an off-duty Washington, D.C., police officer and second man were wounded when another driver opened fire on their SUV at an intersection in suburban Detroit.
- Police take stray pig into custody outside Detroit-area home Updated: Jun-01-15 1:36 pm
SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Officers in suburban Detroit took a stray pig into custody, holding the animal in the back of a police vehicle before reuniting it with its owner.
- Feds say Detroit-area cancer doctor's victims top 550 Updated: Jun-01-15 1:28 pm
DETROIT - More than 500 patients were given unnecessary treatments by a Detroit-area cancer doctor who pleaded guilty to fraud, prosecutors said, putting out the number of victims for the first time.
- Bridge demolition for Detroit light rail work to close I-94 Updated: Jun-01-15 10:43 am
DETROIT - Bridge demolition for Detroit's light rail project will shut down a stretch of Interstate 94 this weekend.
- Flooding causes damage at police department in Allen Park Updated: Jun-01-15 9:37 am
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Flooding has caused damage at the police department in the Detroit suburb of Allen Park.
- Authorities: Roof collapse during fire injures firefighters Updated: Jun-01-15 5:53 am
GROSSE POINTE PARK, Michigan - Authorities say two firefighters have been injured while responding to a fire in suburban Detroit.
- Punk rocker starts 2nd career as lawyer Updated: Jun-01-15 4:15 am
DETROIT - Royce Nunley is prepared to set down his bass and pick up a brief as he begins his "second act" as an attorney.
- Leader of National Endowment for the Arts visiting Michigan Updated: Jun-01-15 4:06 am
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Michigan - National Endowment for the Arts chairwoman Jane Chu is spending a day visiting Michigan.
- Giavotella's 2-run single in 8th helps Angels sweep Tigers Updated: Jun-01-15 12:56 am
ANAHEIM, California - Baseball is a game of redemption, and Johnny Giavotella enjoyed proving that theory.
- Bourdais earns first IndyCar win of season Updated: May-31-15 8:02 pm
DETROIT - The first caution period began about midway through the race.
- IMSA says safety worker stable with several injuries Updated: May-31-15 3:03 pm
DETROIT - The International Motorsports Association says a safety worker who was hospitalized after a race Saturday at Belle Isle is in stable condition with broken ribs, a collapsed lung and injuries to his spleen and kidney.
- Montoya given IndyCar pole after qualifying washout Updated: May-31-15 12:45 pm
DETROIT - Juan Pablo Montoya is set to start from the pole in the IndyCar race at Belle Isle after qualifying was halted on a windy, rainy day in the Detroit area.
- Discussion planned in Detroit about museums, public trust Updated: May-31-15 4:04 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Institute of Arts is hosting a discussion about art museums and the public trust during the annual meeting of the Association of Art Museum Directors.
- Cameron, Curran win TUDOR race, safety worker hospitalized Updated: May-30-15 8:21 pm
DETROIT - Dane Cameron and Eric Curran won the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race at Belle Isle on Saturday.
- Detroit freeway ramp reopens after tanker truck crash, fire Updated: May-30-15 2:44 pm
DETROIT - A section of Interstate 75 in downtown Detroit has reopened nearly a week after a tanker truck exploded and caught fire.
- Will new focus on rape kit tests put thousands behind bars? Updated: May-30-15 12:50 pm
The evidence piled up for years, abandoned in police property rooms, warehouses and crime labs. Now, thousands of sexual assault kits are giving up their secrets - and rapists who've long remained free may finally face justice.
- Man arrested after leading police on car chase near Detroit Updated: May-30-15 9:54 am
ROYAL OAK, Michigan - A man being sought by police for possibly trying to lure a child into his vehicle has been arrested after leading authorities on a car chase through communities just north of Detroit.
- Annual 'Rouge Rescue' takes place across southeast Michigan Updated: May-30-15 4:05 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - A nonprofit dedicated to restoring the Rouge River in southeastern Michigan is holding its annual spring cleanup.
- Red Wings won't announce coach until Griffins done Updated: May-29-15 7:45 pm
DETROIT - Don't expect any major announcements from the Detroit Red Wings about their next coach as long as their Grand Rapids affiliate is still playing.