- Datsyuk surpasses 900 points as Red Wings top Bruins 6-5 Updated: Feb-14-16 6:29 pm
- Detroit Music Hall raises enough money to avoid debt default Updated: Feb-14-16 6:01 pm
DETROIT - The Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts in Detroit is staying alive after raising $1.7 million to avoid defaulting on debt.
- Boston's Bergeron out again with undisclosed injury Updated: Feb-14-16 4:25 pm
DETROIT - Boston Bruins star Patrice Bergeron missed his second consecutive game Sunday because of an undisclosed injury.
- Endowment for the Humanities chairman visiting Michigan Updated: Feb-14-16 4:03 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - The chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities is planning a multi-day visit to Michigan.
- Executive Warren Evans to deliver State of County Address Updated: Feb-14-16 4:01 am
DETROIT - Wayne County Executive Warren Evans will deliver the annual State of the County Address at the Detroit Film Theatre.
- Red Wings recall Ouellet from Grand Rapids Updated: Feb-13-16 7:07 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have recalled defensemen Xavier Ouellet from Grand Rapids of the AHL.
- Detroit romps to 80-66 win over Milwaukee Updated: Feb-13-16 5:28 pm
DETROIT - Paris Bass scored 24 points and collected 10 rebounds, Carlton Brundidge added 16 and 12, and Detroit shot better than 53 percent en route to an 80-66 win over Milwaukee on Saturday.
- Cold day, good cause: Brave runners dash in their underwear Updated: Feb-13-16 4:43 pm
DETROIT - Some runners covered their heads in the freezing temperatures. But there still was a lot of bare skin among runners in Cupid's Undie Run in Detroit.
- Driving tour of Belle Isle focuses on counting birds Updated: Feb-13-16 4:00 am
DETROIT - A driving tour of Detroit's Belle Isle is part of an effort to assess the abundance of birds around North America.
- Varlamov, Avalanche edge Red Wings 3-2 in shootout Updated: Feb-12-16 11:29 pm
DETROIT - Semyon Varlamov lifted his team to a win on a night when the rest of the Colorado Avalanche were outplayed thoroughly.
- Jury acquits former officer of most charges in confrontation Updated: Feb-12-16 7:58 pm
DETROIT - A suburban Detroit police sergeant accused of robbing three men suspected in the theft of his daughter's cellphone was cleared of all but one charge at the end of his second trial.
- Detroit Lions sign tackle Lamar Holmes Updated: Feb-12-16 7:28 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have signed tackle Lamar Holmes.
- Official's email says shift to Flint River made too quickly Updated: Feb-12-16 7:27 pm
As the city of Flint, Michigan, prepared to begin drawing its drinking water from the Flint River, an official with the municipal water plant said his superiors were prodding him to move too quickly, an email released by the governor's office Friday shows.
- The Latest: Email says shift to Flint River made too quickly Updated: Feb-12-16 6:08 pm
FLINT, Michigan - The latest on efforts being made amid the lead-tainted water crisis in Flint, Michigan (all times local):
- Woman arraigned in mother's stabbing outside GM tech center Updated: Feb-12-16 4:38 pm
WARREN, Michigan - A woman has been arraigned in connection with a knife attack on her mother at the General Motors' technical center in suburban Detroit.
- Governor's budget proposes privatizing mental health funding Updated: Feb-12-16 4:11 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has proposed privatizing the public mental health system by moving state funds to Medicaid HMOs.
- Restaurant owner charged in fire that killed immigrants Updated: Feb-12-16 3:50 pm
DETROIT - Federal officials charged a suburban Detroit restaurant owner and his wife Friday with harboring immigrants who were in the U.S. without legal permission after a fire at a house he owned killed five employees about two weeks earlier.
- Ex-clerk, acquaintance accept responsibility in bribes case Updated: Feb-12-16 11:47 am
DETROIT - A former Detroit court clerk and a longtime acquaintance who authorities say took about $20,000 in bribes to dismiss more than $40,000 in traffic tickets and fines have accepted responsibility in the case.
- Flint crisis may help governor ease GOP doubt on Detroit aid Updated: Feb-12-16 7:29 am
LANSING, Michigan - Rick Snyder's standing as one of the GOP's most accomplished governors has taken a beating in the crisis over lead-contaminated water in Flint, Michigan. Democrats, especially those running for president, have pointed to his administration's mishandling of the city's switch to a cheaper water supply as an example of Republican cost-cutting run amok.
- 16-year-old girl sentenced as juvenile for stabbing mother Updated: Feb-12-16 5:27 am
MOUNT CLEMENS, Michigan - A 16-year-old suburban Detroit girl who stabbed her mother more than a dozen times in 2014 has been sentenced as a juvenile to a term that could last until she is 21.
- Green Bay hangs on for 86-85 win over Detroit Updated: Feb-11-16 10:15 pm
DETROIT - Charles Cooper scored 27 points on 10-of-12 shooting and Green Bay hung on for an 86-85 win over Detroit on Thursday night.
- Section of suburban Detroit street renamed Glenn Frey Drive Updated: Feb-11-16 9:18 pm
ROYAL OAK, Michigan - A suburban Detroit school board has approved naming a stretch of street after the late Eagles star Glenn Frey.
- Lions sign Jerry Franklin, former Bears and Chiefs LB Updated: Feb-11-16 5:50 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have signed linebacker Jerry Franklin.
- State senator to resign as part of plea in ex-wife's assault Updated: Feb-11-16 4:33 pm
DETROIT - Virgil Smith will step down from his state Senate seat as part of a plea deal that also dismisses some charges connected to a shooting incident involving his ex-wife.
- Red Wings make plans to mark final season at Joe Louis Arena Updated: Feb-11-16 12:20 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings are making plans for the team's final season at Joe Louis Arena.