- Blue Jays' rally falls short in 8-6 loss to Tigers Updated: Jul-04-15 12:24 am
DETROIT - For one inning Friday night, the Toronto Blue Jays appeared to have baseball's best offense.
- Cabrera likely to go on DL after Tigers top Jays 8-6 Updated: Jul-03-15 11:35 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera's calf injury overshadowed Anibal Sanchez's no-hit bid for the Detroit Tigers.
- Cabrera leaves Tigers' game with strained left calf Updated: Jul-03-15 8:53 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera left Friday's game against the Toronto Blue Jays in the fourth inning with a strained left calf.
- Tigers let go relievers Chamberlain, Gorzelanny Updated: Jul-03-15 7:00 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers decided they needed to change things before a fifth straight division title falls out of reach.
- Feds say cancer doc wants 25-year sentence for fraud Updated: Jul-03-15 2:47 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit-area cancer doctor who admits reaping millions of dollars through unnecessary treatments is asking a judge to sentence him to no more than 25 years in prison.
- Hotel demolition to make way for hockey arena construction Updated: Jul-03-15 8:14 am
DETROIT - Crews will implode a vacant, 13-story historic hotel to make way for the construction of a new Detroit Red Wings hockey arena.
- Warren's police, mayor to patrol for fireworks violations Updated: Jul-03-15 6:41 am
WARREN, Michigan - Mayor James Fouts will accompany police officers in Warren as they monitor streets in the Detroit suburb for fireworks violations on the July 4 holiday.
- Longtime Lions stalwart Charlie Sanders dies at age 68 Updated: Jul-02-15 10:21 pm
DETROIT - Hall of Fame tight end Charlie Sanders epitomized Detroit's blue-collar roots.
- Hoax turns into scary situation for police, suburban couple Updated: Jul-02-15 7:47 pm
GROSSE POINTE PARK, Michigan - It was an extraordinary wake-up call in suburban Detroit: an armored vehicle, a police SWAT team and a public call for the owner to peacefully surrender.
- Tigers call back to .500 after getting swept by Pirates Updated: Jul-02-15 6:12 pm
- Liriano lead Pirates to 8-4 win, sweep of Tigers Updated: Jul-02-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - Francisco Liriano knows very well what the Detroit Tigers have done to him over the last five years.
- Hall of Fame tight end Charlie Sanders dies at age 68 Updated: Jul-02-15 5:36 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Lions say Hall of Fame tight end Charlie Sanders has died at age 68.
- Driver fleeing police killed in crash; 2 passengers hurt Updated: Jul-02-15 4:35 pm
DETROIT - One man has been killed and two others hurt as the SUV they were in slammed into a vacant house while being pursued by Detroit police.
- Man facing murder, other charges in Greektown shootings Updated: Jul-02-15 2:55 pm
DETROIT - A man has been charged in the fatal shooting of an 18-year-old man and wounding of another in Detroit's Greektown entertainment district.
- Pig, goat - what's next for Detroit-area police department? Updated: Jul-02-15 2:30 pm
SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A Detroit-area police department says it's keeping animal control handlers on speed dial.
- Little League disallows use of yellow ball for albino boy Updated: Jul-02-15 12:06 pm
GROSSE POINTE WOODS, Michigan - A 13-year-old Detroit area boy with a visual impairment due to albinism has been denied the use of an easier-to-see baseball during a national Little League tournament.
- Court orders removal of Detroit judge due to mental illness Updated: Jul-02-15 7:37 am
DETROIT - The Michigan Supreme Court has ordered the removal of Detroit Judge Brenda Sanders due to mental illness.
- Another big auction planned of foreclosed Detroit properties Updated: Jul-02-15 6:22 am
DETROIT - Another major auction of Detroit tax-foreclosed properties is planned this fall.
- Bayview Yacht Club celebrates 100th anniversary Updated: Jul-02-15 4:12 am
DETROIT - The reason sailors join Bayview Yacht Club differs for each member.
- New art installation opening in Detroit's Beatrice Buck Park Updated: Jul-02-15 4:04 am
DETROIT - A new art installation is scheduled to open in Detroit's Paradise Valley-Harmonie Park area.
- Former NFL star tackles overgrown field for football camp Updated: Jul-02-15 2:19 am
HIGHLAND PARK, Michigan - The weeds and wild grass rose well above Reggie McKenzie's knees as the former NFL star walked the field bearing his name in the small Detroit enclave of Highland Park. With two weeks until the start of the youth football camp he's been running for four decades, the city-owned field had yet to be mowed - and something had to be done.
- State finds probable financial stress in Wayne County Updated: Jul-01-15 9:35 pm
DETROIT - A state board that examined a preliminary review of Wayne County's finances said Wednesday the entity is operating under probable financial stress.
- US judge orders 91-year-old drug mule freed 2 years early Updated: Jul-01-15 7:49 pm
DETROIT - A U.S. judge has granted early release to a 91-year-old Indiana man imprisoned for taking at least 2,600 pounds of cocaine to Michigan for a Mexican drug cartel.
- Red Wings sign defenseman Mike Green, forward Brad Richards Updated: Jul-01-15 7:28 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have signed defenseman Mike Green and forward Brad Richards to free-agent contracts.
- Navy officer from suburban Detroit dies aboard USS Essex Updated: Jul-01-15 5:00 pm
CHESTERFIELD TOWNSHIP, Michigan - The Pentagon says a 38-year-old Navy officer from suburban Detroit has died from noncombat causes while serving aboard an amphibious assault ship.