- Up and down the state, Michigan remembers on Memorial Day Updated: May-30-16 4:12 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - The route may have been different but the pageantry still was the same in suburban Detroit as Dearborn honored fallen veterans with its 92nd Memorial Day parade.
- Batter up! Independent league makes debut in Detroit area Updated: May-30-16 3:47 pm
UTICA, Michigan - Play ball!
- Vandals damage cemetery linked to Revolutionary War solider Updated: May-30-16 3:28 pm
FLAT ROCK, Michigan - Some headstones are in pieces at a cemetery in southeastern Michigan that was the original burial site of a Revolutionary War soldier and his family.
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: May-30-16 10:01 am
The Detroit News. May 27, 2016
- Girl shot in head while in father's car in Detroit has died Updated: May-29-16 5:48 pm
DETROIT - A 2-year-old girl who was shot in the head in Detroit during a dispute between two groups has died.
- Farmington Hills police officer faces child pornography charges Updated: May-29-16 4:46 pm
FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan - A police officer in suburban Detroit is accused of using computer to access child pornography.
- Couple sue Detroit police in shooting of 3 dogs in home Updated: May-29-16 2:14 pm
DETROIT - A couple alleges in a lawsuit that Detroit police officers unnecessarily fatally shot their three dogs while executing a search warrant earlier this year.
- Judge blocks state from taking over East Detroit schools Updated: May-29-16 12:51 pm
MOUNT CLEMENS, Michigan - A judge has issued a temporary restraining order preventing the state School Reform Office from appointing a chief executive officer to oversee four academically low-performing East Detroit Public Schools.
- Driver, man in wheelchair on sidewalk killed in car crash Updated: May-29-16 10:36 am
DETROIT - Detroit police say a man in a wheelchair on a sidewalk and a driver were killed when two cars collided on the city's west side.
- Wayne State ready to kick off Wednesday Farmers Market Updated: May-28-16 4:27 pm
DETROIT - Wayne State University is getting ready to kick off its weekly Wednesday Farmers Market.
- Michigan bills expand use of driverless cars beyond testing Updated: May-28-16 9:35 am
LANSING, Michigan - The U.S. auto industry's home state of Michigan is preparing for the advent of self-driving cars by pushing legislation to allow for public sales and operation - a significant expansion beyond an existing state law that sanctions such vehicles for testing only.
- Greenfield Village hosts events leading up to Memorial Day Updated: May-27-16 8:58 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - A weekend of events is planned at Greenfield Village in suburban Detroit leading up to a Memorial Day commemoration.
- Injured vet leading yoga class as part of Michigan benefit Updated: May-27-16 8:57 pm
CANTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A retired U.S. Army sergeant who lost his legs after being hurt by an improvised explosive device in Iraq will lead a yoga class in suburban Detroit as part of a fundraiser for the Wounded Warrior Project.
- Judge dismisses murder charge against 2 in fireman's death Updated: May-27-16 7:18 pm
DETROIT - A judge has dismissed a murder charge against two of three people accused in the fatal beating of a 59-year-old Detroit firefighter who was just months from retirement.
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra gets $2.9M for music education Updated: May-27-16 3:48 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Symphony Orchestra says it has received a roughly $3 million donation for its music education programs.
- State approves air permits for Marathon's Detroit refinery Updated: May-27-16 12:30 pm
DETROIT - The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality has approved two new air permits for Marathon's refinery in southwest Detroit.
- Elevated lead found in fountains at 2 Wayne State buildings Updated: May-27-16 12:27 pm
DETROIT - Officials say elevated lead levels have been found in drinking fountains at two Wayne State University buildings.
- Boy takes joyride during shopping trip, crashes into store Updated: May-27-16 5:45 am
FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan - Police say a boy who took a car on joyride while his mother went shopping ended up crashing through the front of a children's clothing store in suburban Detroit.
- 'Remain Loyal!' theme of Jehovah's Witnesses conference Updated: May-26-16 9:24 pm
BELLEVILLE, Michigan - Jehovah's Witnesses invite both members and non-members of the denomination to a regional convention being held west of Detroit.
- Lions learning to live without retired WR Calvin Johnson Updated: May-26-16 6:07 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Matthew Stafford dropped back and sailed a spiral through the air, over his intended target and onto the ground.
- Improved Verlander helps Tigers rebound from rough stretch Updated: May-26-16 4:58 pm
DETROIT - After allowing seven runs to the Cleveland Indians on May 3, Justin Verlander took to Twitter - always a risky move for an athlete, especially one coming off a frustrating performance.
- Athletic apparel maker Nike opening downtown Detroit store Updated: May-26-16 12:40 pm
DETROIT - Athletic apparel maker Nike is the latest addition to downtown Detroit's retail offerings.
- Woman located after son's decomposing body found in Detroit Updated: May-26-16 10:31 am
DETROIT - Police say the missing mother of a young boy whose decomposing body was found in a Detroit apartment has been located in the psychiatric unit of an area hospital.
- Court updates Michigan rules to curb pay-or-stay sentences Updated: May-26-16 7:10 am
DETROIT - The Michigan Supreme Court has announced amendments to state rules aimed at keeping people from jail time because they can't pay court fines or fees.
- AP: 14 security fence breaches at Detroit airport since 2004 Updated: May-26-16 12:45 am
ROMULUS, Michigan - An Associated Press investigation has found that people crashed cars into or otherwise breached the security fencing at Detroit Metropolitan Airport more than authorities have disclosed. In all, there were 14 intrusions from 2004 through mid-February.