- Vacant Detroit lots being transformed for outdoor education Updated: May-05-16 7:07 am
DETROIT - An effort to repurpose several vacant lots into a gathering place for outdoor education is taking place on Detroit's east side.
- Hearing reveals firefighter beaten to death with gym weight Updated: May-05-16 6:33 am
DETROIT - Details revealed in court about the December beating death of a 59-year-old Detroit firefighter say he was killed with a gym weight plate as he slept.
- Michigan House votes to pay Detroit school debt without Dems Updated: May-05-16 6:32 am
LANSING, Michigan - After 15 hours of mostly private meetings, the Michigan House approved a $500 million restructuring plan for the ailing Detroit Public Schools early Thursday.
- Authorities: Students held after guns found at high school Updated: May-05-16 6:00 am
GARDEN CITY, Michigan - Authorities say two suburban Detroit high school students were taken into custody after loaded guns were found at their school.
- Charges expected after woman's body found in attic; man held Updated: May-05-16 5:40 am
HAZEL PARK, Michigan - Charges are expected after the body of a missing 21-year-old woman was found wrapped and hidden in the attic of a suburban Detroit home.
- Condos made of shipping containers in works in Detroit Updated: May-05-16 2:31 am
DETROIT - Condominium complexes made out of shipping containers are in the works in Detroit.
- Latest: House tries to rally votes for Detroit schools bill Updated: May-04-16 10:59 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Latest on Detroit's financially struggling schools, which saw teacher sick-outs this week (all times local):
- Court: Nothing fishy in confession by man who killed wife Updated: May-04-16 10:47 pm
MOUNT CLEMENS, Michigan - A federal appeals court has ruled against a Detroit-area man who was convicted of killing his wife and dismembering the body.
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington Updated: May-04-16 8:49 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Michigan has hired assistant basketball coaches Billy Donlon and Saddi Washington.
- 240 students from 6 Detroit schools to attend career expo Updated: May-04-16 8:44 pm
DETROIT - About 240 students from a half-dozen high schools in Detroit are expected to participate in the police department's annual Bridging the Gap youth career expo.
- Road trip supporting US military veterans to stop in Detroit Updated: May-04-16 8:20 pm
DETROIT - A cross-country event aimed at rallying communities behind U.S. military veterans is scheduled to stop in Detroit.
- Ex-Michigan State player Appling faces weapons charges Updated: May-04-16 8:06 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Former Michigan State basketball player Keith Appling was charged Wednesday with carrying a concealed weapon and other crimes after being found in possession of guns and marijuana in suburban Detroit, according to authorities.
- The Latest: Rough treatment of Gov. Snyder draws sympathy Updated: May-04-16 6:47 pm
FLINT, Michigan - The Latest on developments in Flint, Michigan, where drinking water is tainted with lead (all times local):
- Michigan's Snyder under siege over racial impact of strategy Updated: May-04-16 6:26 pm
LANSING, Michigan - When Gov. Rick Snyder was elected in 2010, he bragged about being a "tough nerd" who'd use his business background to fix Michigan's sagging economy and debt-wracked cities. He led Detroit through the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history. He cut corporate taxes. He was mentioned as a possible presidential candidate.
- Man acquitted in football player slaying awaiting sentencing Updated: May-04-16 11:16 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A 23-year-old man who was acquitted of murder and other charges in the 2013 robbery and killing of Eastern Michigan University wide receiver Demarius Reed is free while awaiting sentencing in an unrelated Detroit shooting.
- Shutoffs begin for Detroit water customers who haven't paid Updated: May-04-16 1:55 am
DETROIT - Shutoffs have begun for Detroit water customers who haven't paid their bills.
- Michigan will appeal $325K verdict in favor of prisoner Updated: May-03-16 8:59 pm
DETROIT - The state of Michigan says it will appeal after a jury awarded $325,000 to a prison inmate who accused officials of illegally rejecting his pleas for help for chronic pain.
- Fiat Chrysler, Google to cooperate on autonomous minivans Updated: May-03-16 6:49 pm
DETROIT - Fiat Chrysler and Google will work together to more than double the size of Google's self-driving vehicle fleet by adding 100 Chrysler Pacifica minivans.
- 2 more guilty pleas in Detroit school corruption scandal Updated: May-03-16 4:26 pm
DETROIT - A retired Detroit school official has pleaded guilty to accepting $325,000 in cash, gift cards and other favors from a contractor.
- Detroit light-rail line's Tech Center opens ahead of service Updated: May-03-16 2:11 pm
DETROIT - A multimillion dollar Tech Center at the northern end of Detroit's light rail line has officially opened.
- Writer-in-residence program awards third Detroit home Updated: May-03-16 10:07 am
DETROIT - A writer is expected to receive a house on Detroit's eastside through a program that awards homes to new writers-in-residence.
- Stretch of I-275 shut down amid $80 million overhaul Updated: May-02-16 8:35 pm
FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan - Part of Interstate 275 in the Detroit area is shut down until July amid an $80 million overhaul.
- No prison for Detroit-area woman who stole about $280K Updated: May-02-16 7:58 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit-area woman who stole nearly $280,000 from the federal government won't spend a day in prison.
- After strides at Michigan, Rudock gets NFL shot with Lions Updated: May-02-16 6:27 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - After his first game at Michigan last season, it was hard to tell if Jake Rudock would even make it through the year as the starting quarterback, much less play his way into an NFL opportunity.
- Lions pick up 5th-year option for 2017 on Ziggy Ansah Updated: May-02-16 1:27 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have exercised the fifth-year option for 2017 on defensive end Ziggy Ansah.