- Ron Scott, known for fight against police brutality, dies Updated: Nov-30-15 11:49 am
DETROIT - Detroit civil rights activist Ron Scott, who was known for longtime efforts to deal with police brutality, has died. He was 68.
- Robotic suit aids paralyzed Detroit-area crash victim Updated: Nov-30-15 11:19 am
DETROIT - These are the first steps the 21-year-old woman has taken since the crash exactly three years ago. It's bittersweet.
- Planned Parenthood cancels event after Colorado shootings Updated: Nov-30-15 10:53 am
DETROIT - Planned Parenthood has cancelled a Detroit event planned ahead of World AIDS Day following last week's shootings at a Colorado clinic.
- Oakland University, Wayne State mark law school partnership Updated: Nov-30-15 9:14 am
ROCHESTER HILLS, Michigan - Oakland University and Wayne State University are celebrating a new law school partnership.
- FAA reviews access issues at Detroit airport amid concerns Updated: Nov-30-15 6:43 am
ROMULUS, Michigan - The Federal Aviation Administration is reviewing access issues at Detroit Metropolitan Airport amid concerns from blind travelers and others.
- Gunshots damage entrance doors at suburban Detroit school Updated: Nov-30-15 5:23 am
OXFORD TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say gunshots damaged entrance doors at a suburban Detroit middle school that was closed for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
- Algerian officials courting trade, investment in Michigan Updated: Nov-30-15 4:01 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan, U.S. Ambassador to Algeria Joan Polaschik and others are planning to discuss business opportunities with representatives from the North African nation.
- Kevorkian archive opens as physician-assisted deaths rise Updated: Nov-30-15 1:18 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Just days before she died with Dr. Jack Kevorkian's assistance, Merian Frederick could not speak or hold up her head without help from her daughter, Carol Poenisch.
- Reports: Zimmermann agrees to deal with Tigers Updated: Nov-29-15 10:34 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers have reportedly reached a deal with Jordan Zimmermann that would add the free agent right-hander to a starting rotation they were hoping to upgrade this offseason.
- Campbell scores in OT, Panthers beat Red Wings 2-1 Updated: Nov-29-15 6:34 pm
DETROIT - The Florida Panthers made themselves right at home at Joe Louis Arena - again
- Michigan's straight-ticket voting option may be eliminated Updated: Nov-29-15 4:10 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan voters who with a single mark can vote Democratic or Republican for every partisan office on the ballot may no longer have the option in 2016.
- Bradley Tanner scores 3 TDs as Romeo takes Division 1 title Updated: Nov-28-15 5:28 pm
DETROIT - Romeo's offense, especially running back Bradley Tanner, proved to be too much for Detroit Cass Tech.
- News Guide: What to know about December legislative session Updated: Nov-28-15 11:48 am
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Legislature returns Tuesday for two or three weeks of voting with a number of issues on tap before it adjourns for the year.
- Wife charged in fatal shooting of husband in Macomb County Updated: Nov-28-15 11:42 am
MOUNT CLEMENS, Michigan - A suburban Detroit woman who says she accidentally shot her husband has been charged with second-degree murder.
- Priest's allies say his good works outweigh his crime Updated: Nov-28-15 10:40 am
TROY, Michigan - Dozens of people are seeking mercy for a Detroit-area Catholic priest who could go to prison for stealing money.
- NAACP to launch campaign to support Detroit holiday shopping Updated: Nov-28-15 4:01 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is kicking off an annual effort that promotes holiday shopping in the city.
- Kronwall scores OT winner to lift Red Wings over Oilers 4-3 Updated: Nov-27-15 11:43 pm
DETROIT - Niklas Kronwall had a chaotic shift in overtime but it will be a play in the first few minutes of the game that his teammates will remember.
- Detroit King's Corley named AP Division 1-2 Player of Year Updated: Nov-27-15 8:12 pm
DETROIT - Donnie Corley put on a show on both sides of the ball his senior year at Detroit King to lead the Crusaders to the Division 2 state championship game.
- Muskegon Catholic Central takes 3rd straight Div. 8 title Updated: Nov-27-15 6:51 pm
DETROIT - A fourth quarter touchdown run by senior quarterback Christian Martinez was all Muskegon Catholic Central needed to win its third consecutive Michigan High School Athletic Association Division 8 state championship.
- Detroit King comes back, defeats Lowell in Div. 2 title game Updated: Nov-27-15 6:49 pm
DETROIT - Donnie Corley has scholarship offers from most of the big-time college programs in the country. On Friday afternoon, he capped his high school career with a last-second, state championship-winning touchdown reception.
- Rocker Jack White's Third Man Records store opens in Detroit Updated: Nov-27-15 5:50 pm
DETROIT - Rocker Jack White has opened a Third Man Records store in his hometown, the Motor City.
- Ziggy Ansah fulfilling his promise for Lions Updated: Nov-27-15 5:46 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Growing up in Ghana, Ziggy Ansah did dream of becoming a sports star in North America.
- Reports: $500,000 taken from armored truck in Detroit Updated: Nov-27-15 3:32 pm
DETROIT - Police are investigating the reported theft of more than a half-million dollars from an armored truck parked in downtown Detroit.
- Wayne County to provide free HIV testing on World AIDS Day Updated: Nov-27-15 9:10 am
WAYNE, Michigan - Free HIV testing and counseling will be offered on World AIDS Day at the Wayne County Health Clinic in Wayne, west of Detroit.
- Japan Business Society Foundation gets commendation Updated: Nov-27-15 4:05 am
DETROIT - The Japan Business Society of Detroit Foundation has been recognized for efforts promoting relations between the United States and Japan.