- Instrument stolen from Missoula Symphony violinist is found Updated: May-24-16 10:02 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A musician with the Missoula Symphony Orchestra says a violin that was stolen from her car has been returned.
- Man gets 6 months in prison for sexually abusing co-worker Updated: May-24-16 2:43 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service SCUBA diver has been sentenced to six months in prison for sexually assaulting a co-worker while on a work trip in Glacier National Park.
- Montana names Chris Cobb as associate head men's hoops coach Updated: May-23-16 12:21 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Montana men's basketball coach Travis DeCuire has promoted assistant Chris Cobb to associate head coach.
- Conservation groups in Missoula eye area on south side Updated: May-22-16 3:24 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A Montana conservation trust has raised the first $1 million toward buying a rugged 4,200-acre triangle on Missoula's south side, sparking excitement among runners, mountain bikers and others who see potential for using the area that is 1,000 acres bigger than the rest of the city's open space lands combined.
- Montana education officials worried about campus maintenance Updated: May-22-16 10:15 am
MISSOULA, Montana - The Montana Board of Regents and Commissioner of Higher Education are raising concerns about maintenance on public campuses.
- Ex-Montana county youth officer sentenced for sex assault Updated: May-21-16 3:00 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A judge has given a former Missoula County Youth Court officer a 6-year deferred sentence for felony sexual assault of a 13-year-old.
- National Trappers Association expo opens in Missoula Updated: May-21-16 2:32 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The National Trappers Association has brought its outdoor expo to western Montana for the first time.
- Businesses to offer sensory deprivation tank therapy Updated: May-21-16 10:56 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Two new businesses in Missoula will be offering sensory deprivation float tank therapy this summer, a service that is gaining in popularity across the country. Customers lay down in high-tech isolation tanks where they float on heated salt water in complete darkness and silence, which simulates an anti-gravity chamber free of mental stimulus.
- Montana tops FCS in attendance, averaging 24,139 Updated: May-19-16 10:12 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The University of Montana topped the Football Championship Subdivision in attendance for the second straight year, averaging 24,139 for seven home games.
- Condon's only grocery store, gas station burns down Updated: May-18-16 3:31 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - An early morning fire destroyed the only grocery store and gas station in Condon, a town of about 350 along Montana Highway 83 between Seeley Lake and Swan Lake.
- Woman charged in attacks that left 1 dead pleads guilty Updated: May-17-16 9:48 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A woman charged in two knife attacks that left one person dead and another injured in Missoula has pleaded guilty.
- Man sentenced to prison after sex sting, child pornography posts Updated: May-17-16 2:36 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A man who received a suspended sentence after he was charged in an undercover sex sting has now been sentenced to the Montana State Prison after prosecutors say he posted child pornography on social media.
- 'User error' blamed for Missoula school data breach Updated: May-17-16 12:43 am
MISSOULA, Montana - An investigation by a digital forensics company into the release of sensitive student information from a Missoula high school in December has found that "user error" led to the data breach.
- Montana receiver Ben Roberts signs with Tennessee Titans Updated: May-16-16 2:14 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Former Montana wide receiver Ben Roberts has reached a free agent agreement with the Tennessee Titans after participating in a rookie camp over the weekend.
- Sanders: Montana primary vote matters as race nears end Updated: May-12-16 1:08 am
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders told supporters in Montana Wednesday that he faces a "steep climb" to close Hillary Clinton's lead in the Democratic presidential primary, but still has a chance to get more voter-backed delegates than his rival.
- Judge says he won't be rushed on motion to dismiss case Updated: May-10-16 11:16 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A retired state judge chastised the Missoula County attorney for seeking an immediate ruling on a motion to dismiss the case against Cody Marble, who was convicted of raping a fellow inmate at the juvenile detention center in Missoula in 2002.
- Pabst: Former county attorney took items from secure storage Updated: May-09-16 3:58 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Police in Missoula are investigating after the former county attorney removed items from a secure storage area last week, current Missoula County Attorney Kirsten Pabst said Monday.
- Man faces drug charge after highway crash scatters marijuana Updated: May-09-16 10:08 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A 61-year-old man is charged with possession of dangerous drugs with intent to distribute after officers recovered 35 pounds of marijuana from in and around his vehicle after it crashed on an Interstate 90 exit near Frenchtown.
- Tour helicopter noise at Glacier National Park debated Updated: May-08-16 5:29 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Businesses that offer tour helicopter rides in Glacier National Park are fighting off criticism that the helicopters are making too much noise and disturbing visitors, saying noise pollution is kept to a minimum and not disturbing the wildlife and tranquility of one of the jewels of the national park system.
- Group seeks to halt US exports of fur from bobcats, wolves Updated: May-04-16 7:50 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Wildlife advocates on Wednesday said they will seek a court order halting a United States government program that allows tens of thousands of pelts from bobcats and a small number of gray wolves to be exported annually for sale on the international fur market.
- Montana Editorial Roundup Updated: May-04-16 11:12 am
The Montana Standard, May 1, on the impact of a new state park:
- Montana Rail Link furloughs dozens of employees Updated: May-04-16 1:51 am
MISSOULA, Montana - The Montana Rail Link has recently furloughed 36 employees and that number is expected to grow with the downturn of the coal industry.
- Police look for suspect in armed robbery at Missoula casino Updated: May-03-16 12:54 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Authorities are looking for a suspect who robbed a Missoula casino at gunpoint and then fled the scene.
- Ex-UM football player to be paroled after completing program Updated: Apr-27-16 1:47 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A former University of Montana football player who pleaded guilty to rape in 2010 will be granted parole after he completes a pre-release program in Billings.