- Missoula organization looks to reduce wildlife crimes Updated: Oct-09-15 5:56 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A Missoula-based organization has developed a new research program in an effort to reduce illegal big-game hunting and increase punishment for perpetrators.
- Missing Missoula woman found safe Updated: Oct-07-15 3:16 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A 64-year-old Missoula woman who was the subject of a state missing and endangered person alert has been found safe.
- Missoula County investigating blowgun dart shootings of pets Updated: Oct-07-15 5:01 am
MISSOULA, Montana - The Missoula County Sheriff's Office has launched an investigation into multiple reports of pets being struck by blowgun darts in the Lolo area.
- Montana sees increase in tax fraud over past 3 years Updated: Oct-05-15 11:23 am
MISSOULA, Montana - The Montana Department of Revenue has seen a sharp increase in the amount of tax fraud committed over the past three years.
- Fall enrollment down 4.3 percent at University of Montana Updated: Oct-03-15 12:28 pm
- Cities seek revival of public intoxication bill Updated: Oct-03-15 9:05 am
HELENA, Montana - Billings and Missoula officials are renewing their call to state lawmakers to allow them to criminalize public intoxication.
- Public Service Commission asks feds to probe dam transfer Updated: Oct-02-15 5:08 am
MISSOULA, Montana - The Montana Public Service Commission has asked the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to hold hearings to determine if the ownership transfer of a Flathead River dam to the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes last month was properly vetted.
- Governor chief of staff among plaintiffs suing Volkswagen Updated: Oct-01-15 6:24 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock's chief of staff is among the plaintiffs in a Montana lawsuit against Volkswagen over the automaker's emissions-rigging scandal.
- UM frats, sororities banned from holding events with alcohol Updated: Sep-29-15 10:36 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The University of Montana has banned fraternities and sororities from holding events involving alcohol, citing the chapters' poor behavior over homecoming weekend.
- Chad Chalich leads Montana past Northern Arizona, 23-14 Updated: Sep-26-15 8:36 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Chad Chalich found Chase Naccarato with a 3-yard touchdown pass with 4:05 remaining and Montana held off Northern Arizona, 23-14 in the Big Sky Conference opener for both schools Saturday.
- Missoula patients get prescriptions for produce Updated: Sep-26-15 9:36 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Jay Lene beamed as she loaded kale, carrots and broccoli into her shopping bag at a produce stand outside Missoula's Providence Medical Center.
- Classes cancelled at Missoula high school over power issue Updated: Sep-25-15 12:03 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Classes were cancelled Friday at Big Sky High School in Missoula due to an issue with power service.
- Missoula considers background checks for all gun sales Updated: Sep-25-15 5:16 am
MISSOULA, Montana - The Missoula City Council is considering requiring background checks on gun buyers before all sales, including those between private parties.
- Montana quarterback out for Homecoming game Updated: Sep-22-15 5:41 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Montana football coach Bob Stitt says quarterback Brady Gustafson will miss the Homecoming game against Northern Arizona with a lower leg injury.
- Missoula boy reported missing has been located Updated: Sep-22-15 11:27 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A 13-year-old Missoula boy who had been reported missing has been found safe.
- State crime lab to open Billings satellite next year Updated: Sep-22-15 9:40 am
BILLINGS, Montana - State justice officials say the Montana State Crime Lab will open a satellite location in Billings on Jan. 1.
- UM law school graduates having tougher time passing bar Updated: Sep-20-15 1:19 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - University of Montana law professors are concerned about the drop in the number of UM graduates who pass the Montana bar exam over the last two years.
- Grizzly bears looking for food in northwest Montana Updated: Sep-19-15 1:38 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Some grizzly and black bears are in lower elevation areas in northwest Montana in search of food that will carry them through the winter, state wildlife managers say.
- Missoula County under quarantine after rabid skunk found Updated: Sep-17-15 5:03 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Missoula County is under a 60-day quarantine after a rabid skunk was captured northwest of Missoula in an area where a woman had been bitten by a skunk, the Department of Livestock said Thursday.
- Innocence Project takes on woman's fatal hit-and-run case Updated: Sep-17-15 2:14 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Innocence Project has asked a state judge to re-open the case of a Stevensville woman who is serving a 40-year sentence for the hit-and-run death of a pedestrian, saying new evidence shows that she could not have committed the crime.
- Law Enforcement Academy work equals a semester of college Updated: Sep-17-15 1:29 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Law Enforcement Academy and Missoula College have announced a partnership that will give officers graduating from basic training 18 credits at Missoula College.
- CEO of Canadian firm leaks suggested value of Mountain Water Updated: Sep-17-15 1:08 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The CEO of a Canadian firm seeking to buy the water company that serves the city of Missoula leaked what was supposed to be a confidential valuation of the system, an attorney for the city said.
- Missoula to implement ban on shows involving exotic animals Updated: Sep-15-15 10:34 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Exotic animals will be banned from shows in Missoula under an ordinance approved by the city council.
- UM student charged with sex assault Updated: Sep-12-15 2:11 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A 27-year-old international student at the University of Montana has been charged with sexually assaulting a female student.
- Man pleads not guilty in case of fake Clint Eastwood film Updated: Sep-09-15 1:09 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The man suspected of raising $24,000 for a documentary he said would be narrated by Clint Eastwood has pleaded not guilty to charges in the case.