- Kings pick up option on G Ben McLemore Updated: Oct-03-15 3:26 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Sacramento have picked up the 2016-17 option on guard Ben McLemore's contract.
- Plastic bag manufacturers file second California measure Updated: Oct-02-15 9:34 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Plastic bag manufacturers filed a second ballot measure on Friday in California's fight over a statewide plastic bag ban.
- Sacramento nonprofit loses funds to alleged embezzlement Updated: Oct-01-15 8:38 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A nonprofit that helps support Sacramento-area musicians with their dreams to hit the stage claims that the organization has lost about $100,000 to embezzlement.
- Medical care deemed acceptable at fourth state prison Updated: Sep-28-15 8:45 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The state inspector general says a fourth California state prison has legally adequate health care.
- Kings' coach, center say all is good between them Updated: Sep-28-15 8:16 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Kings coach George Karl insists things are good with All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins.
- Group submits signatures to repeal California vaccine law Updated: Sep-28-15 8:13 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Supporters of an effort to repeal California's new law requiring mandatory vaccines for schoolchildren faced a Monday deadline to turn in enough signatures to qualify a ballot initiative asking voters to repeal the law.
- Wheels of justice slow at overloaded federal courts Updated: Sep-27-15 3:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Attorney Martha Gomez has been waiting more than three years to hear from a federal court whether a group of farm workers in California's Central Valley can proceed with their lawsuit alleging wage theft.
- Patriot Guard Riders honor one of their own Updated: Sep-27-15 1:31 pm
BATESVILLE, Arkansas - Vietnam veteran John Gallegos spent years honoring returning veterans with a homecoming he never had.
- Eastern Washington rallies to beat Sacramento St., 28-20 Updated: Sep-27-15 1:12 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Jordan West passed for an Eastern Washington school-record 491 yards and three touchdowns, and Kendrick Bourne caught seven passes for a career-high 204 yards and a score to help the Eagles overcome a 20-7 halftime deficit and beat Sacramento State 28-20 on Saturday night.
- NBA's global reach to be displayed again in preseason Updated: Sep-25-15 4:50 pm
MIAMI - In less than six months, Boston Celtics coach Brad Stevens will be on the sideline in six different countries.
- Indicator light sends Dallas-bound flight back to Sacramento Updated: Sep-22-15 3:36 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - An American Airlines plane with 141 passengers on board has returned to Sacramento International Airport after an apparent problem with a fuel line.
- Remains found in burned cabin of missing California family Updated: Sep-22-15 3:35 pm
BENICIA, California - Authorities say that human remains were found in the burned down cabin of a missing San Francisco Bay Area family.
- Man found guilty in slaying of 13-year-old girl at park Updated: Sep-22-15 9:06 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A man charged with murder in the 2012 death of a 13-year-old girl who was found stabbed and beaten in a baseball dugout at a Sacramento County park has been found guilty.
- Man makes court appearance in California kidnapping Updated: Sep-21-15 9:09 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A disbarred Harvard University-trained attorney has made his first court appearance on a charge that he kidnapped a California woman in a case that police initially dismissed as a hoax.
- California eases water restrictions for some farmers, others Updated: Sep-18-15 6:11 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The state on Friday cleared some farmers, water agencies and others to resume pumping from three Northern California waterways, easing one of the toughest restrictions stemming from the state's four-year drought.
- Sacramento sets policy for controversial phone-tracking tech Updated: Sep-16-15 9:24 am
SACRAMENTO, California - The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department is implementing a policy for controversial phone-tracking technology.
- Sacramento County to pay $50,000 in death of 3-year-old girl Updated: Sep-16-15 8:37 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Sacramento County has agreed to pay $50,000 to settle a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the father of a 3-year-old drowning victim.
- The Latest on Legislature: Lawmakers reject doctor billing Updated: Sep-12-15 4:03 am
SACRAMENTO, California - The latest developments in the California Legislature, which is considering hundreds of bills ahead of a Friday deadline for passage (all times local):
- Bills to regulate medical marijuana head to Gov. Jerry Brown Updated: Sep-12-15 2:38 am
SACRAMENTO, California - With California voters likely to consider legalizing recreational marijuana use next year, state lawmakers approved a package of legislation that would create the first statewide licensing and operating rules for pot growers and retail weed outlets since the state became the first to legalize medical marijuana in 1996.
- French train heroes: Foiling attack gives new view on 9/11 Updated: Sep-11-15 9:26 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Three Americans who stopped a gunman on a Paris-bound passenger train talked about the significance of 9/11 on Friday at a festive parade hosted by their California hometown and in an interview to air on national television.
- 9/11 victims' relatives mark anniversary with grief, appeals Updated: Sep-11-15 4:35 pm
NEW YORK - During years of going to ground zero every Sept. 11, Tom Acquaviva has seen crowds diminish at the ceremonies commemorating the terror attacks. But his determination to participate hasn't.
- Warm temperatures kill 155,000 trout at California hatchery Updated: Sep-09-15 10:29 pm
GOLD RIVER, California - The California Department of Fish and Wildlife say it is working to keep hundreds of thousands of trout alive at the American River Hatchery after warm water temperatures killed about 155,000 trout.
- Assembly OKs bill requiring warrants for electronic searches Updated: Sep-08-15 10:02 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A bill that would require law enforcement agencies in California to obtain search warrants before they could access private emails, text messages and other electronic communications narrowly won bipartisan approval from the state Assembly on Tuesday.
- California board told 91 clean-energy projects completed Updated: Sep-08-15 9:38 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California officials told a citizens oversight board Tuesday that they know of 91 school energy-efficiency projects completed with funding from a green energy ballot initiative, and they expect the number will climb as districts provide updates at the end of the year.
- 1 jailed, gunman still sought in Sacramento college shooting Updated: Sep-04-15 10:19 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - One of the victims in the shooting of three students on a Sacramento college campus has been arrested, while authorities were still seeking the gunman who killed one and injured two.