- Veterans make peace with past at Cowboy Poetry workshop Updated: Feb-05-16 2:05 am
ELKO, Nevada - Talking about the experiences of war can be difficult for veterans, but writing about it could be the first step.
- Dad says Nevada holdout learned government distrust from him Updated: Feb-04-16 12:07 am
RENO, Nevada - The 73-year-old father of one of the four holdouts at the armed occupation of a national wildlife refuge in Oregon says Jeffrey Banta may have learned his distrust of the U.S. government from him growing up hunting and fishing in the wide-open of spaces of rural northern Nevada.
- Arizona man arrested in Nevada for allegedly killing eagles Updated: Feb-02-16 3:31 pm
RENO, Nevada - A 30-year-old Arizona man has been arrested in Nevada on charges accusing him of killing two federally protected golden eagles and illegally possessing more than 120 individual eagle and hawk feathers that he reportedly told authorities he kept for religious ceremonies.
- Jeb Bush touts heart, western land plan in rural Nevada stop Updated: Jan-26-16 7:08 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush says he's the only candidate with a western land policy that respects the aspirations of people in the West.
- Cowboy poets gather in Nevada with eye on Oregon conflict Updated: Jan-24-16 11:56 am
RENO, Nevada - As troubadours, fiddlers and scribes head to northeast Nevada for a national gathering to celebrate cowboy poetry and culture, the topic of the sometimes tenuous relationship between the Old West and the realities of the New West will be more than campfire conversation.
- MSHA says snowy road contributed to Nevada miner's death Updated: Jan-23-16 10:02 am
CRESCENT VALLEY, Nevada - Federal mine safety regulators say dangerous conditions on a snow-covered access road contributed to the death of a 42-year-old Elko miner at a gold mine in Lander County last month.
- Doctor suing Elko hospital for alleged false rumors Updated: Jan-18-16 5:20 pm
ELKO, Nevada - A longtime northern Nevada obstetrician has filed a lawsuit against an Elko hospital where his medical privileges effectively have been revoked.
- Barrick Gold sells 2 Nevada mines to Kinross Gold for $610M Updated: Jan-13-16 9:49 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Barrick Gold Corp. has completed the sale of two large gold mines in northeast Nevada - Round Mountain and Bald Mountain - to Kinross Gold Corp. for $610 million.
- US regulators blame management for fatality at Nevada mine Updated: Jan-12-16 7:54 pm
RENO, Nevada - Inadequate safety policies and procedures were primarily to blame for a mining accident that killed a 26-year-old Idaho man operating a 20-ton mobile drill in an underground tunnel at a Nevada gold mine last summer, federal safety investigators have concluded.
- Moose collaring taking place in New Hampshire Updated: Jan-10-16 2:28 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - About 45 moose cows and calves are being collared in the coming weeks during the third year of a six-year study of moose mortality and productivity in northern New Hampshire.