- US attorney wants to appeal loss in Nevada cash seizure case Updated: Jul-03-15 2:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - The top federal prosecutor in Nevada wants to appeal an order to return $167,000 seized from a Hawaii man who was stopped twice on Interstate 80 near Elko but never charged with a crime.
- BLM, Nevada ranchers strike deal to resume livestock grazing Updated: Jul-03-15 6:10 am
BATTLE MOUNTAIN, Nevada - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management has reached an agreement in a year-old grazing dispute with northern Nevada ranchers that allows them to return some cattle to federal rangeland.
- Rand Paul touts small government ideals on Nevada tour Updated: Jun-29-15 4:54 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Speaking to supporters from rural Elko to a Las Vegas convention center, Republican presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul said on Monday that his path to a presidential nomination relies strongly on winning over Nevadans.
- District attorney says fatal police shooting was justifiable Updated: Jun-19-15 1:22 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Elko County's district attorney says a fatal police shooting in November was justifiable homicide.
- 1 dead, 1 injured after Las Vegas woman crashes near Ely Updated: Jun-17-15 6:20 am
ELY, Nevada - A 15-year-old girl was killed and another woman was injured in a single-vehicle accident on U.S. Highway 93 near Ely.
- NV trapper fined for violations that cause collateral damage Updated: Jun-14-15 8:07 pm
ELKO, Nevada - A Nevada commercial trapper has been slapped with a $5,000 civil penalty and $1,065 in court fines and fees for trapping violations that game wardens said caused collateral damage to wildlife.
- Organizers stage 1st Elko Pride Festival Updated: Jun-13-15 9:29 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Organizers of the 1st Elko Pride Festival say the event is a celebration of diversity not only for LGBT individuals, but for the entire community.
- Elko courthouse gets 2 bomb threats in 1 week Updated: Jun-11-15 1:15 pm
ELKO, Nevada - The Elko County Courthouse complex received its second bomb threat in a week, causing the facility to be evacuated.
- Elko official promising to keep trying to get air service Updated: Jun-11-15 11:52 am
ELKO, Nevada - Northeast Nevada's largest city will keep trying to attract commuter service to Elko Regional Airport, even though a measure supporting the idea failed to get off the ground in the state Legislature.
- Correction: Nevada Ranchers-Grazing Dispute story Updated: Jun-10-15 8:31 pm
BATTLE MOUNTAIN, Nevada - In a story June 5 about federal drought-restrictions on livestock grazing in Nevada, The Associated Press reported erroneously the amount of privately-owned land in the North Buffalo allotment. According to the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, approximately 45 percent of the grazing allotment is privately owned, not a majority of the land.