- Without liquor license, Horseshoe becomes dry adult hangout Updated: May-31-15 12:59 pm
ELKO, Nevada - The Horseshoe Club in downtown Elko is re-imagining itself as a dry, 18-and-over hangout following the loss of its liquor license.
- Death of northern Nevada mine employee under investigation Updated: May-30-15 8:56 pm
ELKO, Nevada - The death of an employee at a northern Nevada mine is under investigation.
- Fire inspection prevents inmate move to new Elko jail wing Updated: May-29-15 11:56 am
ELKO, Nevada - Fire concerns are keeping inmates from moving into the new wing at Elko County Jail.
- Fire officials suspect juveniles in Elko toilet fire Updated: May-28-15 11:59 am
ELKO, Nevada - An Elko portable toilet has been damaged beyond repair in what fire officials suspect was an arson set by two juveniles on Memorial Day weekend.
- Elko man gets back-to-back life sentence terms Updated: May-22-15 9:07 am
ELKO, Nevada - An Elko man has been sentenced to back-to-back life prison terms for molesting two young boys when he was a teenager.
- Popular downtown Elko bar loses liquor license Updated: May-20-15 12:12 pm
ELKO, Nevada - The Horseshoe Club has lost its liquor license after police said the popular Elko bar and strip club served minors and visibly intoxicated people.
- 2 arrested on gun, drug, theft charges at Elko hotel Updated: May-18-15 11:23 am
ELKO, Nevada - Two suspects are being held in the Elko County Jail on bail in excess of $300,000 after their arrest on gun, drug and theft charges.
- 3 arrested, guns confiscated after shooting threat in Elko Updated: May-18-15 11:01 am
ELKO, Nevada - Elko police have arrested three suspects and confiscated two handguns after security guards reported they were threatening to shoot people at the Red Lion Hotel.
- Elko police say May 3 homicide was justified, self-defense Updated: May-16-15 10:08 am
ELKO, Nevada - Elko police investigating a homicide two weeks ago say they've determined it was a justifiable case of self-defense and don't intend to file any charges against 28-year-old Frank Criswell.
- Deputy sheriff ordered to give up guns Updated: May-15-15 12:20 pm
ELKO, Nevada - A deputy sheriff accused of shooting his wife with a BB gun at the county shooting range has been ordered to give up all his firearms until November.
- Reward to $28,700 in hunt for Nevada cattle shooters Updated: May-08-15 3:33 pm
ELKO, Nevada - The Nevada Cattlemen's Association and others have upped the reward in the search for suspects who've been shooting dozens of cattle in northern Nevada after another one was found dead last weekend in Elko County near Wildhorse Reservoir.
- Snow, rain records in Nevada; Vegas advisory to 11a Saturday Updated: May-08-15 1:57 pm
RENO, Nevada - A winter weather advisory remains in effect until 11 a.m. Saturday north and west of Las Vegas, where up to 6 inches of snow is possible in the highest elevations around Red Rock Canyon and Death Valley National Park.