- Airports commission recommends expanding Heathrow Updated: Jul-01-15 7:29 am
LONDON - Britain's Airports Commission unanimously recommended the construction of a third runway at London's Heathrow Airport on Wednesday in a long-awaited report on how best to expand the country's aviation capacity.
- Emilia Clarke conquers the big screen with a 'Terminator' Updated: Jun-30-15 11:35 am
LOS ANGELES - The secret about overnight success in Hollywood is that it never actually happens that way.
- UK police stage counter-terror training exercise in London Updated: Jun-30-15 10:23 am
LONDON - Hundreds of British police took part Tuesday in a major counter-terror exercise in London, testing the abilities of emergency services to respond to a Tunisia-style attack by extremists with firearms.
- Neighborhoods: London's Bloomsbury has books and much more Updated: Jun-30-15 9:23 am
LONDON - Many visitors to London know Bloomsbury as a neighborhood of books, B&Bs and the British Museum. But it's also a district of elegant architecture, hidden parks and upscale boutiques that's a pleasure to explore on foot.
- The Latest: British leader says Greek vote is a vote on euro Updated: Jun-29-15 8:04 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news on Greece's financial woes as it closes its banks and limits money withdrawals (all times local):
- UK beefs up security following bomb attack report Updated: Jun-27-15 9:16 am
LONDON - Security was stepped up at events marking Armed Forces Day across Britain, officials said Saturday amid a news report that officials foiled a bomb attack by the Islamic State group on a military parade in London.
- Harry Potter coming back, this time on stage in new play Updated: Jun-26-15 10:16 am
LONDON - Harry Potter is going to have a new adventure - one that takes him from page and screen to stage.
- Rwandan general refuses extradition to Spain from UK Updated: Jun-25-15 1:58 pm
LONDON - A Rwandan military general who heads the country's intelligence service refused to be extradited to Spain at a hearing Thursday in a London court, setting the stage for a prolonged legal fight.
- 'Bend It Like Beckham' stage musical scores big in London Updated: Jun-25-15 7:50 am
LONDON - "Bend It Like Beckham" has scored with critics in London.
- Rwandans protest outside UK mission over detained general Updated: Jun-24-15 12:22 pm
KIGALI, Rwanda - Hundreds of people demonstrated outside the British diplomatic mission in Rwanda on Wednesday, saying they will not return home until a general detained in the UK is set free.
- Ford jumps into the car-sharing pool with pilot program Updated: Jun-24-15 11:35 am
NEW YORK - Ford is following the ride-sharing craze, launching its own pilot program in six U.S. cities and in London.
- Rwandan general arrested in the UK on Spain's behalf Updated: Jun-23-15 8:25 am
LONDON - A Rwandan military general was arrested at London's Heathrow Airport and will appear in court later this week, British police said Tuesday, prompting an angry response from Rwandan leaders.
- UK man who beheaded 82-year-old woman declared insane Updated: Jun-23-15 8:19 am
LONDON - A British man who beheaded an 82-year-old woman in her backyard has been found not guilty of murder by reason of insanity but will be locked up indefinitely in a psychiatric hospital.
- Thousands march in central London to protest austerity Updated: Jun-20-15 9:07 am
LONDON - Thousands marched in central London Saturday to protest against British government austerity programs and spending cuts in a massive show of force meant to win attention to the plight of the poor.
- Julian Assange marks 3rd anniversary inside Ecuador embassy Updated: Jun-19-15 1:28 pm
LONDON - Julian Assange marked three years inside Ecuador's London embassy Friday, still facing arrest should he ever step outside.
- UK police probe whether 2 men stowed away beneath plane Updated: Jun-19-15 1:26 pm
LONDON - A man was in critical condition in a London hospital after he was found stowed away in the undercarriage of a plane that had just completed a 10-hour flight, and police are investigating whether a man found dead on a west London rooftop fell from the same plane.
- Cost of London's Olympic Stadium soars over $1.1 billion Updated: Jun-19-15 11:44 am
LONDON - The cost of London's Olympic Stadium will have soared to more than $1.1 billion after it is transformed to enable Premier League club West Ham to play there.
- UK police probe whether 2 men stowed away beneath plane Updated: Jun-19-15 10:12 am
LONDON - A man is in critical condition in a London hospital after he was found stowed away in the undercarriage of a plane that had just completed a 10-hour flight, and police are investigating whether a man found dead on a west London rooftop had fallen from the same plane.
- UK's Labour seeks a chief to lead it out of the wilderness Updated: Jun-18-15 12:32 pm
LONDON - Defeated political party seeks leader. Compass a plus.
- After Farah report, Britain says 2 missed tests 'not common' Updated: Jun-18-15 12:25 pm
LONDON - Britain's anti-doping agency defended its procedures for dealing with missed drug tests on Thursday after it was reported that distance runner Mo Farah missed two doping controls in the leadup to the 2012 London Olympics.
- 1815 revisited: Ceremonies mark fateful Battle of Waterloo Updated: Jun-18-15 12:22 pm
BRUSSELS - Royalty, dignitaries and soldiers commemorated the 1815 Battle of Waterloo on Thursday, a watershed moment in European history that marked the end of the continent's domination by France and its emperor Napoleon and the beginning of the British century.
- Report: Crumbling UK Parliament needs billions in repairs Updated: Jun-18-15 11:55 am
LONDON - The seat of British democracy is creaky, crumbling and at risk of falling apart.
- Man charged after pregnant woman loses baby in assault Updated: Jun-18-15 8:40 am
LONDON - A man has been charged with child destruction after a pregnant woman was so badly beaten she lost her baby.
- Going Places: Diana Henry likes a good culinary adventure Updated: Jun-17-15 1:44 pm
LONDON - Diana Henry had a degree from Oxford, a great job at the BBC and the promise of a golden future.
- Police seek help after pregnant woman beaten, loses baby Updated: Jun-17-15 9:58 am
LONDON - London police are asking for help from anyone who witnessed a shocking assault on a heavily pregnant woman that caused her to lose her baby.