- Egypt tries to divert eyes to citizen who died in London Updated: Apr-28-16 3:23 pm
CAIRO - Under scrutiny in Europe over its handling of investigations into the torture death of an Italian student in Cairo, Egyptian authorities sought to deflect attention Thursday toward the fate of a British-Egyptian man who died in a London fire.
- UK police charge 3 with terrorism offenses in Birmingham Updated: Apr-28-16 2:04 pm
LONDON - British police on Thursday charged two men and a woman from Birmingham with terrorism-related offenses in a probe that began after the deadly extremist attacks on Paris and Brussels.
- UK's Labour suspends ex-London mayor in anti-Semitism row Updated: Apr-28-16 9:37 am
LONDON - Britain's main opposition Labour Party, facing growing criticism over perceived anti-Semitism in its ranks, suspended former London Mayor Ken Livingstone on Thursday over his comments in defense of a lawmaker who made anti-Israel posts on social media.
- Sounds of silence: UK's Big Ben to fall quiet for repairs Updated: Apr-26-16 2:24 pm
LONDON - It's so long to Big Ben 's bongs - at least temporarily.
- Susan Boyle 'fine' after police incident at Heathrow Updated: Apr-26-16 12:52 pm
LONDON - Susan Boyle's spokeswoman says the singer is at home and fine after an incident involving the police at London's Heathrow Airport.
- London's finest: Fun facts to know about the city's Big Ben Updated: Apr-26-16 12:48 pm
LONDON - As London's famous clock tower gets a face-lift, here are a few facts surrounding the chimes of Big Ben.
- Leicester 1 win from Premier League title after Spurs held Updated: Apr-25-16 6:25 pm
LONDON - Leicester is one victory from becoming one of the unlikeliest champions in English football history - a year after nearly being relegated from the Premier League.
- American heavyweight Breazeale to fight Joshua for IBF title Updated: Apr-25-16 10:00 am
LONDON - Undefeated American heavyweight Dominic Breazeale will challenge Anthony Joshua for his IBF title at London's O2 Arena on June 25.
- Britain's Prince Harry honors Australian, New Zealand fallen Updated: Apr-25-16 8:15 am
LONDON - Britain's Prince Harry has laid a wreath during an early morning ANZAC Day service in London honoring fallen New Zealanders and Australians.
- Army officer dies after collapsing running London Marathon Updated: Apr-25-16 7:51 am
LONDON - A British Army officer has died after collapsing three miles short of the London Marathon finish line.
- Immigration takes center stage in UK campaign to leave EU Updated: Apr-25-16 6:01 am
LONDON - U.K. politicians who want Britain to leave the European Union are fighting back after President Barack Obama sided with those who want the country to stay in the 28-nation bloc.
- Leicester winger Mahrez voted England's player of the year Updated: Apr-24-16 6:17 pm
LONDON - Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez became the first African to be named English football's player of the year on Sunday, straight after the Algerian helped his team close in on the Premier League title.
- London Marathon record for Kipchoge; Sumgong wins after fall Updated: Apr-24-16 2:50 pm
LONDON - A feat of speed by Eliud Kipchoge, rushing to a course record. A feat of fortitude by Jemima Sumgong, recovering from a painful fall to win.
- Palace beats Watford 2-1 to face Man U in FA Cup final Updated: Apr-24-16 1:05 pm
LONDON - Connor Wickham headed Crystal Palace into the FA Cup final for the first time in 26 years as his team beat Watford 2-1 at Wembley Stadium on Sunday.
- UK astronaut Tim Peake runs marathon aboard space station Updated: Apr-24-16 11:17 am
LONDON - British astronaut Tim Peake has completed the London Marathon - from 250 miles (400 kilometers) above the Earth.
- 'Harry Potter' creator JK Rowling dines with Obama in London Updated: Apr-24-16 8:42 am
LONDON - President Barack Obama went from Shakespeare to Harry Potter during his visit to London.
- India revokes passport of tycoon who owes $1 billion Updated: Apr-24-16 5:12 am
NEW DELHI - India on Sunday revoked the passport of a flamboyant Indian businessman accused of fleeing to London in March while owing more than a billion dollars to Indian banks.
- Royalty, Obama & fans mark 400 years since Shakespeare died Updated: Apr-23-16 5:30 pm
LONDON - If all the world's a stage, William Shakespeare is its architect.
- Student comes out as 'non-binary' at Obama event in London Updated: Apr-23-16 4:42 pm
LONDON - A student who came out as "non-binary" in an emotional address to Barack Obama about transgender issues is being praised by the president for her bravery.
- Face time with queen, princes completes Obama's royal visit Updated: Apr-22-16 9:33 pm
LONDON - President Barack Obama plunged into a whirlwind of royal socializing Friday that began over a birthday lunch with Queen Elizabeth II and ended at a dinner hosted by the trio of young royals who represent the future of the British monarchy.
- Anger as London mayor tells 'part-Kenyan' Obama to butt out Updated: Apr-22-16 3:17 pm
LONDON - London Mayor Boris Johnson, a leader of the campaign for Britain to leave the European Union, faced a flurry of criticism Friday for suggesting U.S. President Barack Obama may have an "ancestral dislike of the British Empire" because of his Kenyan roots.
- Obama's UK visit overshadowed by debate about leaving EU Updated: Apr-21-16 6:52 pm
LONDON - It's springtime in London, but President Barack Obama might sense a chill in the air.
- Thousands of seats empty as Sanchez double sends Arsenal 3rd Updated: Apr-21-16 6:15 pm
LONDON - Alexis Sanchez was surrounded by thousands of empty seats inside Emirates Stadium as he scored twice against West Bromwich Albion to ease Arsenal back into third place with a 2-0 win on Thursday.
- Flood of tributes for Queen Elizabeth on her 90th birthday Updated: Apr-21-16 3:07 pm
WINDSOR, England - Fate unexpectedly made her queen. Duty and endurance have made her an institution and an icon.
- Bake Off star makes Queen Elizabeth II's 90th birthday cake Updated: Apr-21-16 12:39 pm
LONDON - Let her eat cake.