- Trump has rally in Billings after securing nomination Updated: May-26-16 8:43 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A crowd of thousands, buoyed by word that Donald Trump had just locked down the Republican presidential nomination, gathered in a Billings arena Thursday to cheer the New York businessman and his unlikely ascent to the top of his party.
- The Latest: Trump holds rally before cheering Montana crowd Updated: May-26-16 7:44 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Latest on Donald Trump's rally in Billings (all times local):
- Trump backed by US Rep. Zinke on eve of Montana rally Updated: May-25-16 6:26 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Rep. Ryan Zinke on Wednesday became the most prominent Montana Republican to endorse Donald Trump - one day before the presumptive nominee for the Republican presidential nomination arrives to rally supporters in the Treasure State.
- Charges made against convicted tribal leader's company Updated: May-25-16 4:27 pm
HELENA, Montana - Representatives of a pipe company started with money embezzled from the Chippewa Cree Tribe pleaded guilty Wednesday to falsely claiming to be a minority-owned business controlled by a former tribal leader who was later convicted in a corruption investigation.
- Montana power plant needs new operator by May 2018 Updated: May-25-16 3:51 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Owners of a coal-fired power plant in Montana say the company that keeps it running wants out within two years.
- Billings employee pleads guilty to stealing $25,000 from job Updated: May-25-16 3:36 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A former employee of a Billings-based beverage distributing company has admitted to stealing more than $25,000 from the company and lying about her income on tax returns.
- Correction: Yellowstone Anniversaries story Updated: May-24-16 3:30 pm
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyoming - In a story May 18 about Yellowstone anniversaries, The Associated Press reported erroneously the date of an event at Yellowstone National Park. The event was May 13, not March 13.
- Lawsuit challenges potential transfer of bison range Updated: May-24-16 5:17 am
BILLINGS, Montana - An environmental group has sued federal officials over the potential transfer of the National Bison Range to American Indian tribes in Montana.
- Wages, jobs lead governor's race as campaign reports filed Updated: May-23-16 7:09 pm
HELENA, Montana - Money, wages and jobs dominated Montana's gubernatorial race on Monday, as Gov. Steve Bullock and Republican Greg Gianforte filed their latest campaign finance reports and as both continued to make high-paying jobs a central issue of the campaign.
- Boy dies, 2 others injured in crash near Busby Updated: May-23-16 10:44 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A 16-year-old boy was killed and two other people were injured in a single-vehicle rollover crash near Busby.
- Police look for suspect in Billings stabbing Updated: May-23-16 2:41 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Authorities are looking for a suspect who stabbed a man multiple times and left the victim wounded in a Billings alley.
- Billings appearances by Bill Clinton, Trump scheduled Updated: May-19-16 11:27 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Details on the Billings campaign appearances on behalf of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have been released.
- MSU Billings looking for ways to increase enrollment Updated: May-19-16 10:26 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana State University Billings is looking to boost its recruitment and student retention programs in response to another year of declining enrollment.
- New horned dinosaur species discovered in Montana by amateur Updated: May-18-16 4:49 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A novice fossil collector's lucky find in a remote Montana badlands more than a decade ago has turned out to be a new kind of spectacularly-horned dinosaur, researchers announced Wednesday.
- Sidney man dies in ATV crash Updated: May-18-16 9:40 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A 59-year-old Sidney man died in an all-terrain vehicle crash in Sweet Grass County.
- More tribes added to land program, but money running out Updated: May-17-16 5:15 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Dozens of American Indian communities on Tuesday joined an initiative to return millions of acres of reservation land to the control of tribal governments as U.S. officials warned the $1.9 billion program will run out of money before the task is completed.
- The Latest: Lawyer says Indian land buy effort to need money Updated: May-17-16 5:05 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Latest on dozens of tribes joining a program that seeks to return land on American Indian reservations to tribal ownership (all times local):
- Wyoming teen out of coma after shot-put injury Updated: May-17-16 2:23 pm
CODY, Wyoming - A teen has woken from an induced coma after he was struck in the head by an errant throw at a shot-put event in Wyoming.
- Disease's spread blamed on elk, not bison or feed grounds Updated: May-17-16 5:01 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Researchers say Montana elk are to blame for an animal disease spreading into new areas around Yellowstone National Park.
- Billings struggles to find clinical therapists for jail Updated: May-15-16 1:28 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings-based mental health staffing agency is struggling to find clinical therapists to work with mentally ill inmates at the Yellowstone County jail.
- Montana man seriously hurt in fight over racial remark Updated: May-14-16 8:05 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - Recently released documents show two men brutally beat a Montana man outside a Wyoming saloon after an argument over a racial remark.
- Montana Republicans select delegates for national convention Updated: May-14-16 7:05 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Several hundred Republicans in Billings have chosen delegates to represent Montana at the party's national convention.
- Billings woman hospitalized after early morning shooting Updated: May-13-16 10:27 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Police in Billings are investigating after someone fired shots through the window of a house on the city's South Side, injuring a woman.
- New state crime lab opens in Billings Updated: May-13-16 2:31 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Officials say the state's opening of a new crime lab in eastern Montana will expedite the evidence identification process in small-scale drug cases.
- Bill Clinton to campaign for wife in Billings Updated: May-12-16 1:14 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Former President Bill Clinton is scheduled to visit Billings next week in support of the Democratic presidential campaign of his wife, Hillary Clinton.