- Manager at credit union admits embezzling $1.9M from vault Updated: Jul-30-15 2:28 am
NORTON SHORES, Michigan - Court documents say a manager at a Muskegon County credit union has admitted to embezzling $1.9 million from its cash vault between 2001 and this year.
- Correction: Lake Michigan Shipwreck story Updated: Jul-27-15 3:30 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - In a story July 23 about a dive team discovering a 116-year-old shipwreck in Lake Michigan, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of the group that has discovered 15 other historic shipwrecks. It was the Michigan Shipwreck Research Association, not the Michigan State Police Underwater Recovery Unit.
- Swindler who fooled many women gets long prison term Updated: Jul-24-15 4:47 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A western Michigan man has been sentenced to more than nine years in prison after women lined up to tell a judge how the sweetheart swindler broke their hearts and emptied their wallets.
- Michigan woman sentenced to prison for smothering newborn Updated: Jul-24-15 12:16 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - An 18-year-old western Michigan woman has been sentenced to prison for suffocating her newborn daughter.
- New Muskegon County Jail nearly ready to open Updated: Jul-23-15 4:19 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - How do you move hundreds of prisoners into a new jail?
- Police: 3 die when SUV fails to yield, hit by pickup truck Updated: Jul-22-15 7:19 pm
EGLESTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Police in western Michigan say three elderly people were killed when their SUV failed to yield at an intersection and was hit by a pickup truck in Muskegon County.
- Woman enters no contest plea in slaying of daughter's dad Updated: Jul-17-15 2:28 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A western Michigan woman has pleaded no contest to second-degree murder in the slaying of the father of her young daughter.
- Wigwams, farm life taught at new Michigan's Heritage Park Updated: Jul-15-15 4:13 am
WHITEHALL TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A new park offers visitors a time travel experience back through Michigan history.
- Banners at park to remind public of deployed service members Updated: Jul-10-15 7:59 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A project at Veterans Memorial Park in Muskegon will seek to remind the public about deployed service members.
- Fundraising drive on for West Michigan dune preservation Updated: Jul-08-15 4:09 pm
WHITE RIVER TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A natural preservation group is launching a fundraising campaign to buy and protect two acres of Lake Michigan shoreline dunes in western Michigan.
- Woman who ran now-condemned animal rescue faces charge Updated: Jul-08-15 9:16 am
FRUITPORT TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A woman who ran a now-condemned animal rescue operation in western Michigan that was overrun with more than 1,000 rats is facing a felony animal neglect charge.
- Police ID man who died after kayak capsized in Michigan lake Updated: Jul-06-15 5:09 pm
DAYTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - State police have identified a 26-year-old man who drowned while kayaking on a lake in western Michigan.
- Grant to help jumpstart Muskegon middle-income housing plan Updated: Jul-06-15 7:31 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A $250,000 state grant to fight blight in Muskegon will help jumpstart a $1 million plan to build new middle-income homes.
- Expansion will protect jobs at herbicide production site Updated: Jul-02-15 3:06 pm
MUSKEGON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - An international company is expanding in western Michigan to increase production of a farm herbicide.
- Boy, 13, charged with murder in death to get evaluation Updated: Jul-01-15 8:32 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A 13-year-old who authorities say fatally beat his 16-month-old cousin after the girl's mother left them home alone is expected to get a competency examination.