- Man critically injured after touching live wire in Hollywood Updated: Feb-11-16 9:20 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police say a man was critically injured when he touched a live wire on a power pole, causing a power outage.
- Man pleads guilty to defrauding tribe through insurance scam Updated: Feb-11-16 9:18 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A Northern California man has pleaded guilty to defrauding an Indian tribe for millions of dollars as part of a workers' compensation scam.
- California school abandons Redskins mascot Updated: Feb-11-16 9:08 am
FRESNO, California - A California school district has decided to give up its Redskins team mascot.
- Slaughterhouse owner gets prison time for uninspected meat Updated: Feb-11-16 8:35 am
SANTA ROSA, California - The co-owner of a Northern California slaughterhouse at the center of a nationwide food recall two years ago has been sentenced to federal prison.
- Armed parolee who hid in Santa Clarita shed found dead Updated: Feb-11-16 8:27 am
SANTA CLARITA, California - Los Angeles County sheriff's officials say an armed parolee who barricaded himself inside a shed in Santa Clarita was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- Saint Laurent Palladium show features glam androgynous style Updated: Feb-11-16 5:48 am
LOS ANGELES - Bow-neck blouses aren't just for women anymore.
- White parks worker gets $3.8 million in racial bias lawsuit Updated: Feb-11-16 5:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles officials have agreed to pay nearly $3.8 million to a former city parks worker who accused a supervisor of discriminating against him because he is white.
- Lawyers spar over of murder verdict in Nevada casino melee Updated: Feb-11-16 5:10 am
RENO, Nevada - Nevada's Supreme Court justices are being asked to clarify state laws on self-defense and defense of others as they consider whether to revisit their recent reversal of a high-profile murder and conspiracy conviction in a 2011 casino shootout between rival biker gangs.
- Obama in California to raise money for fellow Democrats Updated: Feb-11-16 4:56 am
MILPITAS, California - President Barack Obama is opening a weeklong visit to California where his first stops include raising money for fellow Democrats.
- Lawsuit over California high-speed rail back in court Updated: Feb-11-16 4:39 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Attorneys for the state are returning to court Thursday to defend California's $68 billion high-speed rail plans against a lawsuit that claims the project can no longer keep the promises made to voters when they approved $10 billion in bonds to help pay for it.
- President Obama bound for LA for fundraisers, 'Ellen' Updated: Feb-11-16 3:35 am
LOS ANGELES - President Barack Obama is heading south on his swing through California.
- On The Tee: Spieth wants a trophy for himself Updated: Feb-11-16 2:43 am
PEBBLE BEACH, California - If his match earlier this week was any indication, Jordan Spieth could be in trouble at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.
- Powerful California coastal panel ousts top executive Updated: Feb-11-16 2:21 am
LOS ANGELES - The powerful agency that manages development on California's coastline fired its executive Wednesday after a lengthy and, at times, emotionally charged meeting that veered from accusations about the influence of developers and lobbyists to discussions on the mundane inner workings of government.
- Pacifica: Residents live on the edge of crumbling cliffs Updated: Feb-11-16 2:16 am
PACIFICA, California - Sonja Thompson lives so close to the edge of an 80-foot bluff above the Pacific Ocean that when paragliders fly by "you can almost high-five them."
- Man flees Costa Mesa Apple store with $5,0000 in iPhones Updated: Feb-11-16 1:59 am
COSTA MESA, California - Costa Mesa police say they are looking for a suspect who stole at least 10 iPhones from an Apple store in South Coast Plaza.
- Fresno State hands San Diego State its 1st MWC loss, 58-57 Updated: Feb-11-16 1:33 am
FRESNO, California - Marvelle Harris had 20 points, five assists and four steals and Fresno State handed San Diego State its first Mountain West Conference loss in a 58-57 victory Wednesday night.
- Deputy, civilian pilot killed in Tulare County plane crash Updated: Feb-11-16 1:11 am
SPRINGVILLE, California - A sheriff's deputy and a civilian pilot helping with the arrest of a man in Central California were killed when their single-engine plane crashed near Springville in Tulare County, authorities said.
- The Latest: California coast commission ousts top executive Updated: Feb-11-16 12:39 am
MORRO BAY, California - The Latest on the leadership shakeup of the powerful California Coastal Commission (all times local):
- CSUN rallies to beat Cal State-Fullerton 75-67 Updated: Feb-11-16 12:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Tre Hale-Edmerson and Jerron Wilbut combined to score 25 of their 29 points in the second half to help Cal State Northridge rally and beat Cal State-Fullerton 75-67 Wednesday night.
- Apple co-founder is bringing us an even nerdier 'Comic Con' Updated: Feb-11-16 12:20 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak had a front row seat as the personal computer began to reshape society. So it made perfect sense to him to bring a convention meshing technology with pop culture to Silicon Valley.
- Thousands of thumbtacks found in California dog park Updated: Feb-10-16 11:00 pm
HERCULES, California - Police say they have stepped up patrols and are considering putting cameras to try to catch whoever is spreading thousands of thumbtacks across a Northern California dog park.
- Ex-LA sheriff pleads guilty to lying during corruption probe Updated: Feb-10-16 10:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Former Los Angeles Sheriff Lee Baca pleaded guilty Wednesday to lying to federal authorities investigating corruption in the department, a probe that was gaining momentum when he abruptly retired two years ago.
- School bus, car collide in Riverside County, injuring 4 Updated: Feb-10-16 10:37 pm
MENIFEE, California - Authorities say a school bus with 19 high school students aboard and a car have collided in Riverside County, sending four people to the hospital.
- Reward suggested for homeless man who helped find escapees Updated: Feb-10-16 10:36 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A new report says a homeless man deserves up to $100,000 for helping recapture two violent Orange County jail escapees.
- Panel denies parole to Sirhan, assassin of Robert F. Kennedy Updated: Feb-10-16 10:05 pm
SAN DIEGO - Sirhan Sirhan was denied parole Wednesday for fatally shooting Robert F. Kennedy after a confidante of the slain senator who was shot in the head forgave him and repeatedly apologized for not doing more to win his release.