- Angels slowed by Keuchel, fall 4-2 to Astros Updated: May-29-16 2:55 am
ANAHEIM, California - Things started promisingly for the Angels.
- Veterans sites in California, Kentucky, Virginia damaged Updated: May-29-16 2:48 am
LOS ANGELES - Memorials to veterans in a Los Angeles neighborhood and a town in Kentucky, as well as a Civil War veterans cemetery in Virginia, were damaged as the nation prepares to mark Memorial Day, officials said.
- Keuchel finishes strong to end skid; Astros beat Angels 4-2 Updated: May-29-16 2:25 am
ANAHEIM, California - Cy Young Award winner Dallas Keuchel was all out of sorts. He had lost his last five decisions, his ERA was a dismal 5.92 and his record 2-6.
- Police: Driver hits pedestrians, insults victims, flees Updated: May-29-16 1:14 am
LOS ANGELES - Police have arrested a motorist who struck two pedestrians, yelled at the victims, made an obscene gesture and fled.
- FC Dallas, Earthquakes play to scoreless draw Updated: May-29-16 12:47 am
SAN JOSE, California - FC Dallas' Chris Seitz blocked Tommy Thompson's header in the 88th minute, and San Jose's David Bingham stopped Matt Hedges' left-footed shot in the 90th in a 0-0 tie Saturday night.
- Woman ejected from overturned car, ran over by friend Updated: May-29-16 12:43 am
PENNGROVE, California - A Northern California woman was killed after being ejected from her car and struck by a friend who was driving close behind her.
- Vanderbilt, Southern California's Justin Suh lead NCAA golf Updated: May-29-16 12:07 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Vanderbilt took a two-stroke lead in the NCAA tournament Saturday and Southern California freshman Justin Suh shot a 3-under 67 to top the individual standings.
- Russians sweep men's 50 freestyle at Speedo Grand Challenge Updated: May-28-16 11:08 pm
IRVINE, California - Vladimir Morozov led a Russian sweep of the 50-meter freestyle at the Speedo Grand Challenge on Saturday night.
- Gold Rush Dancer wins Snow Chief Stakes at Santa Anita Updated: May-28-16 10:50 pm
ARCADIA, California - Gold Rush Dancer won the $200,000 Snow Chief Stakes by a nose Saturday at Santa Anita on California Gold Rush Day for state bred or sired horses.
- Wind-driven brush fire burns in northern Los Angeles County Updated: May-28-16 10:21 pm
AGUA DULCE, California - A wind-driven brush fire that broke out in the Agua Dulce area of northern Los Angeles County has been contained.
- Ryan Dungey, Alex Martin win at Glen Helen National Updated: May-28-16 9:14 pm
SAN BERNARDINO, California - Ryan Dungey won the Glen Helen National on Sunday for his first Lucas Oil Pro Motocross 450MX Class victory of the season and 39th overall.
- Posey hits pair of 3-run homers, Giants beat Rockies 10-5 Updated: May-28-16 8:59 pm
DENVER - Buster Posey crouched behind the plate through a parade of relievers in a long, long inning.
- The Latest: Search for missing teen in remote area ends Updated: May-28-16 8:30 pm
VALLEJO, California - The Latest on the search for a Northern California girl abducted at gunpoint (all times local):
- Loss, accusations mark a turbulent few days for Johnny Depp Updated: May-28-16 7:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Johnny Depp seemed the picture of rock star cool as he played guitar onstage in Portugal with his band, the Hollywood Vampires. An ocean away, he is facing serious accusations.
- 2 dead in plane crash in Southern California orchard Updated: May-28-16 7:19 pm
SANTA PAULA, California - Two people have been killed in the fiery crash of a small plane in a Southern California orchard.
- Teen removed from graduation for wearing African cloth Updated: May-28-16 6:49 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A black teenager says he was escorted out of his high school graduation ceremony in Sacramento by three deputies for refusing to remove his kente cloth, a traditional Ghanaian silk and cotton fabric.
- Police dog chasing suspect hit by car, critically injured Updated: May-28-16 6:39 pm
WOODLAND, California - Authorities say a police service dog is in critical condition after being hit by a car while chasing a suspect in Northern California.
- Wayward bear tranquilized in Pasadena neighborhood Updated: May-28-16 5:34 pm
PASADENA, California - A bear made its way out of the San Gabriel Mountains and well into the city of Pasadena before it was tranquilized Saturday.
- Shooter kills man, wounds another on Compton street Updated: May-28-16 4:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County homicide detectives are investigating the fatal shooting of a man and wounding of another on a street in Compton.
- Giants place right-hander Matt Cain on 15-day disabled list Updated: May-28-16 4:12 pm
DENVER - The San Francisco Giants have placed right-hander Matt Cain on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring.
- California US Senate choice could come down to 2 Democrats Updated: May-28-16 4:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - California Attorney General Kamala Harris would love to deliver an election-day surprise by ousting her strongest rival and fellow Democrat, Rep. Loretta Sanchez, from the race for the state's open U.S. Senate seat.
- Offseason moves send Sharks to final after missing playoffs Updated: May-28-16 3:56 pm
SAN JOSE, California - After watching the San Jose Sharks miss the playoffs for the first time in more than a decade, general manager Doug Wilson set out to remake the team last offseason.
- San Diego apartment fire displaces 36 people Updated: May-28-16 2:38 pm
SAN DIEGO - Three dozen people have been displaced by a fire in an apartment complex in San Diego.
- 2 Labradors euthanized after hit-and-run in Northern Calif. Updated: May-28-16 2:03 pm
SARATOGA, California - Authorities say a woman was hospitalized and her two Labradors were euthanized after a truck ran them over as they walked in the Northern California city of Saratoga.
- Michigan bills expand use of driverless cars beyond testing Updated: May-28-16 9:35 am
LANSING, Michigan - The U.S. auto industry's home state of Michigan is preparing for the advent of self-driving cars by pushing legislation to allow for public sales and operation - a significant expansion beyond an existing state law that sanctions such vehicles for testing only.