- Travelers take to the roads and the skies for Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-25-15 7:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - The big Thanksgiving getaway went into full swing Wednesday with drivers delighted by the lowest November gas prices in years and many airline passengers undaunted by terrorism fears and long lines at security checkpoints.
- Amari Cooper's big season with Raiders slowed by drops Updated: Nov-25-15 7:00 pm
ALAMEDA, California - When he was drafted in the first round by the Oakland Raiders more than five months ago, the book on Amari Cooper was that he ran pass patterns like a seasoned veteran, understood pro-style offenses and had the best hands of any wide receiver coming out of college.
- California demands fixes for 16,000 more VW cars Updated: Nov-25-15 5:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - California air quality regulators on Wednesday demanded a recall of up to 16,000 additional Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche diesels as the Volkswagen emissions scandal widened.
- Police: Gun stolen from US agent used to kill Oakland artist Updated: Nov-25-15 5:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A gun used to kill a Northern California artist as he worked on an anti-violence mural was stolen from a federal agent, officials said Wednesday.
- USC's Kessler fights for an upbeat finish to career vs UCLA Updated: Nov-25-15 5:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - Cody Kessler has only one game left at the Coliseum. Only one chance left to beat UCLA.
- Los Angeles County detectives probe car homicide Updated: Nov-25-15 5:01 pm
IRWINDALE, California - Los Angeles County sheriff's homicide detectives are investigating the shooting death of a man found in a car stopped in the middle of a street in Irwindale.
- Police: Man finds skull in front yard of California home Updated: Nov-25-15 4:58 pm
BAKERSFIELD, California - Authorities say a man bringing in his trash can from the street found a human skull in the front yard of his home and called police.
- 4 plucked from ocean after boat capsizes near Long Beach Updated: Nov-25-15 4:45 pm
LONG BEACH, California - Rescuers plucked four men from the heaving ocean outside Long Beach Harbor after their open boat capsized in big swells before dawn Wednesday.
- Patrol at homeless encampment turns up machine guns Updated: Nov-25-15 4:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles County authorities have arrested a homeless man who had five firearms, including two operable World War II-era machine guns.
- Rookie 49ers QB Dylan Thompson prepares in case he's needed Updated: Nov-25-15 4:22 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Dylan Thompson has spent the majority of his rookie season as the scout team quarterback, posing as Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer or Russell Wilson in practice to prepare the starting defense.
- CalPERS raises question about private equity returns Updated: Nov-25-15 3:45 pm
LOS ANGELES - Questions of risk and expense have been raised by the revelation that the California Public Employees' Retirement System paid private equity managers $3.4 billion in bonuses since 1990, including $700 million in performance fees for the last fiscal year, a newspaper reported.
- Snow could cause Thanksgiving travel problems in the West Updated: Nov-25-15 2:56 pm
DENVER - A storm left ice and snow on roads in Montana on Wednesday and could cause headaches for those traveling in Wyoming for Thanksgiving before it moves into Colorado.
- A's acquire Jed Lowrie from Astros for minor league reliever Updated: Nov-25-15 2:07 pm
OAKLAND, California - Infielder Jed Lowrie is returning to Oakland after a one-year stay in Houston.
- Angels complete staff with new bullpen coach Scott Radinsky Updated: Nov-25-15 1:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Scott Radinsky has been named the Los Angeles Angels' new bullpen coach.
- Catcher Geovany Soto and Angels agree to $2.8 million deal Updated: Nov-25-15 12:30 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Free-agent catcher Geovany Soto and the Los Angeles Angels have agreed to a $2.8 million, one-year contract.
- Many California state parks reach free pass limit for Friday Updated: Nov-25-15 11:10 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The complimentary passes to California state parks for Friday have been so popular that the majority of parks are out of the freebies.
- Scammers trying to sell fake gold in San Francisco Bay Area Updated: Nov-25-15 10:45 am
BRENTWOOD, California - San Francisco Bay Area authorities say scam artists are trying to sell fake gold bars in a department store parking lot.
- Teacher charged after video shows him wrestling student Updated: Nov-25-15 9:21 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A Sacramento teacher who was caught on video wrestling a student last month has been charged with battery.
- South Tahoe school superintendent receives buyout package Updated: Nov-25-15 9:09 am
SACRAMENTO, California - The superintendent in charge of schools on the California side of south Lake Tahoe has received a $125,000 buyout package for resigning after being arrested twice on investigation of drunken driving.
- Man climbs on San Francisco interstate sign, strips naked Updated: Nov-25-15 8:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - California Highway Patrol officials say a man in his 20s stripped down to nothing and decided to hang from an interstate sign in San Francisco.
- Auction of Disneyland items nets more than $1.7 million Updated: Nov-25-15 8:05 am
SANTA ANA, California - Memorabilia from Disneyland including ride vehicles, employee's uniforms and vintage popcorn buckets generated more than $1.7 million at auction.
- Man dies after being hit by skateboard in Santa Ana Updated: Nov-25-15 5:01 am
SANTA ANA, California - Authorities say a man has died after he was struck in the head with a skateboard outside a Santa Ana Starbucks.
- Colorado State Fair gets new general manager Updated: Nov-25-15 4:02 am
PUEBLO, Colorado - A California woman has been named the new general manager of The Colorado State Fair.
- Warriors make NBA history as first team to start season 16-0 Updated: Nov-25-15 2:10 am
OAKLAND, California - Interim coach Luke Walton believes the time will come when the Golden State Warriors finally lose a game.
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Updated: Nov-25-15 2:04 am
PULLMAN, Washington - Cal State-Los Angeles agreed to play Washington State largely for the paycheck, but it was the Cougars who cashed in big on the basketball court Tuesday evening.