- Clock starts for voters to reject new California tobacco age Updated: May-05-16 2:12 am
SACRAMENTO, California - California has become the second state in the nation to raise the legal age to buy tobacco from 18 to 21, starting the clock for opponents to ask voters for a reversal this November.
- California high court to hear arguments over prison measure Updated: May-05-16 2:10 am
SAN FRANCISCO - California's Supreme Court is set to hear arguments over Gov. Jerry Brown's efforts to put his plan to reduce the state's prison population before voters in November.
- California hunter convicted of 'baiting' mourning doves Updated: May-05-16 12:58 am
FRESNO, California - A federal jury in Sacramento has found a Northern California man guilty of violating the Migratory Bird Treaty Act by baiting a field for hunting purposes.
- Mom jailed after baby found with fractured skull Updated: May-05-16 12:49 am
VACAVILLE, California - Police in Northern California say a woman has been arrested on child abuse charges after her 5-month-old son was found with serious injuries, including a fractured skull.
- The Latest: Doctor called to help Prince is pain specialist Updated: May-05-16 12:36 am
MILL VALLEY, California - The Latest on Dr. Howard Kornfeld, an addiction and pain specialist, who was asked to help Prince before his death (all times local):
- Doctor called to help Prince is a longtime pain specialist Updated: May-05-16 12:12 am
MILL VALLEY, California - The Northern California doctor who was asked to help Prince before his death is an addiction and pain specialist who has championed the use of a semi-synthetic opiate to treat pain.
- Ecuadoreans in US seek immigration help after quake Updated: May-04-16 11:54 pm
LOS ANGELES - Ecuadorean immigrants are asking the Obama administration to allow their fellow citizens living in the United States illegally to stay here and work while the South American country recovers from a magnitude-7.8 earthquake.
- Homeless man is person of interest in deadly Seal Beach fire Updated: May-04-16 11:05 pm
SEAL BEACH, California - Police say a homeless man is a person of interest in an arson fire that killed a former teacher and his dog in a Seal Beach apartment.
- Pot legalization backers kick off California campaign Updated: May-04-16 9:28 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A long-anticipated campaign to legalize recreational marijuana use in the state that produces more pot than any other commenced in California on Wednesday as supporters announced they have collected enough signatures to qualify a voter initiative for the November ballot.
- Attorney: Prince arranged to meet addiction doctor Updated: May-04-16 9:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - In his final weeks, Prince hid signs of trouble from his fans, stonewalling reports of an overdose that required an emergency plane landing and making a brief public appearance to reassure them. But privately, the superstar was in crisis, seeking help from a prominent addiction expert that ultimately came too late.
- Universal Studios Hollywood seeks zombies for new attraction Updated: May-04-16 9:08 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Southern California theme park is looking for a few good - zombies.
- 7 taken to hospital for evaluation after chemical exposure Updated: May-04-16 9:07 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Fire officials say seven people were taken to the hospital for evaluation after they were exposed to a dental chemical at a health center in San Jose.
- Small water district fined $1M for wastewater violations Updated: May-04-16 8:47 pm
FRESNO, California - Water regulators fined a Central California water district that serves mainly industrial users $1 Million for failing to implement a wastewater pretreatment program.
- Ex-Southern California Marine sentenced for killing baby son Updated: May-04-16 8:39 pm
VISTA, California - A former Southern California Marine is facing life in prison for beating to death his 7-month-old son.
- Same old story: Padres blanked for 8th time Updated: May-04-16 8:39 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Padres did not give Cesar Vargas any run support in Wednesday's 2-0 loss to the Colorado Rockies.
- Chatwood leads Rockies to 2-0 win, Padres' 8th shutout Updated: May-04-16 8:31 pm
SAN DIEGO - Tyler Chatwood's long road back from Tommy John surgery seemed a little shorter on Wednesday.
- NBC's Morales moves West to 'Access Hollywood' Updated: May-04-16 8:31 pm
NEW YORK - NBC "Today" show anchor Natalie Morales is moving West to become host of the entertainment show "Access Hollywood," but will keep a role on the morning program.
- The Latest: California raises legal age to buy tobacco to 21 Updated: May-04-16 8:29 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Latest on a California bill to raise the minimum age to purchase tobacco (all times local):
- A's bullpen falters as Oakland loses another 1-run game Updated: May-04-16 8:13 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oh-so-close Oakland, again.
- The Latest: Sen. McConnell calls on Trump to unite party Updated: May-04-16 8:06 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the 2016 presidential campaign (all times EDT):
- Mariners rally against A's bullpen for first sweep of season Updated: May-04-16 8:01 pm
OAKLAND, California - Even with a four-run deficit, Nelson Cruz hollered through the dugout some words of confidence.
- Peavy allows 4 homers in Giants' 7-4 loss to Reds Updated: May-04-16 6:17 pm
CINCINNATI - When Jake Peavy can't beat the Cincinnati Reds, he's struggling.
- The Latest: Pot legalization backers tout safety message Updated: May-04-16 6:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Latest on a marijuana legalization initiative proposed for the November ballot (all times local):
- Cost estimate of Los Angeles-area gas leak hits $665 million Updated: May-04-16 5:30 pm
LOS ANGELES - The estimated cost of a massive gas well blowout that spewed methane uncontrollably for nearly four months and uprooted 8,000 Los Angeles families has more than doubled to $665 million, Sempra Energy announced Wednesday.
- Reds hit 4 homers in 7-4 win over Giants, avoiding sweep Updated: May-04-16 4:41 pm
CINCINNATI - Two days off did not slow down Zack Cozart.