- Frederick police officer sentenced to probation for DUI case Updated: Aug-29-15 3:41 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - A Frederick police officer who was charged with drunken driving after an accident in Boonsboro has been sentenced to probation.
- Jury sides with Frederick County in music festival dispute Updated: Aug-29-15 11:56 am
BALTIMORE - A federal jury has decided in favor of Frederick County officials in a lawsuit over a botched 2009 music festival.
- Man pleads guilty in high school shooting Updated: Aug-26-15 5:39 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - One of two men charged in a shooting that wounded two teenage boys outside a high school basketball game has pleaded guilty for his role in the incident.
- Flying Dog Brewery has big growth plans in Frederick Updated: Aug-25-15 1:32 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - Flying Dog Brewery says it's considering building a new plant in Frederick to increase production capacity sevenfold.
- Frederick police to cover school events after agreement Updated: Aug-24-15 10:59 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - Frederick school officials have reached an agreement with the city's police union so that officers can once again provide extra security at school events.
- Widow continues the effort to help fund Alzheimer's research Updated: Aug-23-15 9:52 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - This session of Congress could bring some peace to Kathy Siggins, who wants to see an end to the kind of frantic uncertainty that Alzheimer's disease generates.
- Grand jury indicts man in Maryland fatal church stabbing Updated: Aug-21-15 4:55 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A grand jury has indicted a northern Virginia man on murder and attempted murder charges in the stabbing last month of a South Korean couple at a rural religious retreat in Maryland.
- Grand jury indicts man in fatal church stabbing case Updated: Aug-21-15 3:59 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Frederick County grand jury has indicted a northern Virginia man on murder and attempted murder charges in the stabbing last month of a South Korean couple at a rural religious retreat.
- Official peeved over ethics vote takes it out on charities Updated: Aug-21-15 2:32 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Frederick County councilman known for peevish behavior is protesting the tightening of local ethics rules by halting his company's charitable donations to community organizations.
- Church pastor charged in prostitution sting Updated: Aug-21-15 1:02 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Presbyterian pastor from York, Pennsylvania, has been charged in a prostitution sting in Frederick County, Maryland.
- Police: Frederick man grabbed woman, struck officers Updated: Aug-19-15 7:26 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Frederick police officer has used a stun gun to subdue a man accused of grabbing a woman's crotch and then striking two officers.
- County board votes to repeal English-only ordinance Updated: Aug-18-15 7:07 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - The elected leaders of Frederick County are repealing an ordinance requiring that county business be conducted in English.
- Woman, 19, gets probation in BB shooting of school athlete Updated: Aug-18-15 6:58 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A 19-year-old white woman was sentenced Tuesday to a year of supervised probation to resolve charges she shot two black high school athletes with a BB gun in what police initially classified as a hate crime.
- Woman, 19, gets probation in BB shooting of school athlete Updated: Aug-18-15 6:44 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A 19-year-old white woman has been sentenced to a year of supervised probation for shooting a black high school athlete with a BB gun in what police initially classified as a hate crime.
- Superintendent of Catoctin Mountain Park retiring Updated: Aug-18-15 9:16 am
THURMONT, Maryland - The superintendent of Catoctin Mountain Park near Thurmont is retiring.
- Police helicopter rescues hiker on Appalachian Trail Updated: Aug-15-15 4:31 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Maryland State Police helicopter crew has rescued a hiker who was suffering from a medical problem on the Appalachian Trail.
- Frederick panel sees value in disputed 200-year-old cabin Updated: Aug-14-15 11:52 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - The Frederick Historic Preservation Commission says a 200-year-old cabin at the center of a redevelopment dispute contributes to the city's historic district.
- Officials support moving bust of Dred Scott opinion's author Updated: Aug-13-15 4:10 pm
A bronze bust of the Supreme Court chief justice who wrote the inflammatory 1857 Dred Scott decision affirming slavery will likely be removed from the Frederick, Maryland, City Hall after a majority of aldermen said they support moving it to a museum or other appropriate venue.
- Tires stolen from Frederick automotive business Updated: Aug-12-15 5:59 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - Police say they're investigating after a large quantity of tires were stolen from an automotive business in Frederick.
- Frederick officials taking up issue of disputed Taney statue Updated: Aug-12-15 4:50 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - Frederick city officials are considering a proposal to remove from City Hall a sculpture of the U.S. Supreme Court justice who wrote the 1857 Dred Scott decision affirming slavery.
- New commander coming to Army's flagship biodefense lab Updated: Aug-10-15 5:38 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - The Army's flagship biodefense laboratory at Fort Detrick in Frederick is getting a new commander and a new focus.
- 2 charged in seizure of assault rifles Updated: Aug-10-15 3:44 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - Frederick city police have charged two Mount Airy men with possessing or selling illegal assault rifles.
- Active military-grade grenade found outside McDonald's Updated: Aug-08-15 7:05 pm
THURMONT, Maryland - An active military-grade hand grenade was uncovered Saturday afternoon in the parking lot outside a Maryland McDonald's.
- College suspends drone use pending federal authorization Updated: Aug-07-15 1:45 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - The use of a drone purchased by Hood College has been suspended until federal regulators decide whether to grant the school exceptions to the rule on drone usage.