- City council consider rules for meeting by Skype Updated: Jul-30-15 5:14 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - The Frederick Board of Aldermen is drafting rules for allowing members to participate in meetings by video or telephone.
- Frederick's new police chief taking command Updated: Jul-30-15 2:19 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - The new chief of the Frederick Police Department is taking command.
- License for souvenir beer sales at Civil War museum approved Updated: Jul-28-15 1:38 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - The Frederick County liquor board has approved the selling of souvenir beer at the National Museum of Civil War Medicine.
- Man charged with leaving infant in hot car in Frederick Updated: Jul-26-15 3:57 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - Frederick police say a man has been arrested for leaving an infant locked inside a hot car for at least 20 minutes.
- Black bear struck by car, killed in upper Frederick County Updated: Jul-23-15 7:19 am
THURMONT, Maryland - A black bear has died after being hit by a car in upper Frederick County.
- Md. county hearing from public on disputed English-only law Updated: Jul-21-15 3:19 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - The elected leaders of Frederick County are listening to what citizens have to say about a disputed ordinance requiring that county business be conducted in English.
- Frederick County attorney rehired after settlement agreement Updated: Jul-16-15 4:04 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A lawyer who said she was fired by the former Board of County Commissioners for political retribution is now back on staff.
- Adventure Park USA celebrates 10-year anniversary Updated: Jul-12-15 2:03 pm
NEW MARKET, Maryland - Maryland's Adventure Park USA is celebrating its 10-year anniversary.
- Maryland delegate: State song has Confederate sympathies Updated: Jul-10-15 2:26 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A Frederick delegate has called for the words of Maryland's state song to be changed because she says the song celebrates the Confederacy and disparages the Union government.
- Tests link gun used at Frederick High to other shootings Updated: Jul-10-15 1:23 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A prosecutor says ballistics test show that the gun used in the Frederick High School shooting earlier this year is linked to other reports of shots fired in the city.
- Frederick doctor who moved to Ecuador indicted by grand jury Updated: Jul-10-15 9:29 am
BALTIMORE - A former Frederick doctor who relocated to South America after being accused by a state medical board of prescribing high dosages of OxyContin has returned to the U.S. and been indicted by a federal grand jury.
- California university blasts Maryland school's lawsuit Updated: Jul-08-15 11:14 am
EMMITSBURG, Maryland - A California university says that a recent trademark infringement lawsuit filed by Mount St. Mary's University in Emmitsburg, Maryland has no merit.
- Scientologists appealing rejection of drug rehab center plan Updated: Jul-07-15 9:38 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - Lawyers for a Scientology-affiliated drug rehab facility are appealing a Frederick County Council vote that rejected a plan to turn a former presidential fishing spot into a Narconon drug rehabilitation center.
- Former Md. congressman Bartlett denies tenants' complaints Updated: Jul-06-15 1:08 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - Former Maryland congressman Roscoe Bartlett is denying accusations he's a bad landlord.
- Hiker rescued after fall on Sugarloaf Mountain Updated: Jul-03-15 10:48 am
DICKERSON, Maryland - Frederick County officials say a 63-year-old woman was rescued after she fell down a steep rock face on Sugarloaf Mountain
- Maryland farmer testifies at trial, denies abusing livestock Updated: Jul-01-15 6:11 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Maryland farmer charged with 20 counts of animal cruelty testified Wednesday that he treated his cattle, goats and sheep better than authorities did when they seized the livestock he allegedly neglected.