- Ozzy Osbourne's hometown names a tram after him Updated: May-26-16 9:33 am
LONDON - Rocker Ozzy Osbourne, whose hits include "Crazy Train," has had a slightly more sober tram named after him in his English hometown.
- 'It's the fear of the unknown' - UK small biz key to EU vote Updated: May-26-16 7:59 am
LONDON - With sparks flying from a welder at work behind him, Simon Boyd's voice rises as he explains why he believes the United Kingdom should leave the European Union even though his company, REIDsteel, has put up buildings across the 28-nation bloc, from the Netherlands to Poland and Italy.
- English soccer club Aston Villa sold to Chinese buyer Updated: May-18-16 8:11 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Aston Villa was sold Wednesday to a Chinese businessman after a decade under the American ownership of Randy Lerner.
- Olympic champion Pearson to return at Birmingham, England Updated: May-18-16 12:24 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Olympic 100-meter hurdles champion Sally Pearson will make her return to the track at a Diamond League meet in Birmingham, England on June 5, just over a year after sustaining a serious wrist injury during a race in Rome last year.
- Ibe's strike gives Liverpool point against West Brom in EPL Updated: May-15-16 2:57 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Liverpool's final Premier League game in a turbulent season ended in a 1-1 draw against West Bromwich Albion on Sunday.
- Newcastle moves closer to EPL relegation, draws with Villa Updated: May-07-16 1:21 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Newcastle stumbled at the worst possible time in its fight for Premier League survival, drawing 0-0 against already relegated Aston Villa on Saturday.
- Villa to hold off getting new manager until club is sold Updated: May-06-16 11:09 am
BIRMINGHAM, England - Aston Villa is set to hold off hiring a new manager until the relegated English Premier League club is sold.
- 2 Birmingham men accused of funding Brussels bomb suspect Updated: Apr-29-16 9:11 am
LONDON - Two Birmingham men were accused in court Friday of giving money to a key suspect in the Brussels and Paris bombings in a case that may link British residents to those plots.
- UK police charge 3 with terrorism offenses in Birmingham Updated: Apr-28-16 2:04 pm
LONDON - British police on Thursday charged two men and a woman from Birmingham with terrorism-related offenses in a probe that began after the deadly extremist attacks on Paris and Brussels.
- Agbonlahor quits as captain of relegated Aston Villa Updated: Apr-28-16 12:04 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Gabby Agbonlahor has quit as Aston Villa captain and apologized for his off-field conduct.