- Police: Suspect posted photo of Texas murder victim online Updated: May-31-16 4:48 pm
PLANO, Texas - Police in suburban Dallas say a 45-year-old man has been charged with murder after posting a photo on social media showing his girlfriend's lifeless body.
- 15 suburban Dallas officers suspended for falsifying reports Updated: May-31-16 3:26 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - More than a dozen police officers in a Dallas suburb have been suspended for reporting traffic stops they never conducted.
- Life is a Dream: Atlanta up to No. 3 in AP WNBA power poll Updated: May-31-16 2:52 pm
NEW YORK - Angel McCoughtry has a one-word explanation of why her team has been successful in the early part of the season - positivity.
- Hacked Texas construction signs call Donald Trump a lizard Updated: May-31-16 2:36 pm
DALLAS - Electronic construction signs in the Dallas area appear to have been hacked, displaying messages calling Donald Trump a reptile and imploring early morning commuters to take a day off work.
- Hot-shooting Sky beat Wings 92-87, snap 4-game skid Updated: May-29-16 6:50 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Cappie Pondexter scored 18 points to lead six Chicago players in double figures as the Sky beat the Dallas Wings 92-87 on Sunday to end a four-game skid.
- Agent: Pelicans' Dejean-Jones in 'wrong place' when shot Updated: May-29-16 5:32 pm
DALLAS - Bryce Dejean-Jones had a bright future in the NBA, the league commissioner said following the death of the New Orleans Pelicans guard who was shot after kicking down the door of what he mistakenly thought was his girlfriend's apartment in Dallas.
- In McKinney, homes without US flags worse than bad grass Updated: May-29-16 4:54 pm
MCKINNEY, Texas - On a hot July Fourth weekend, Chip Dudine and his family moved from Indiana to McKinney. When they turned onto their new street, staked in the grassy front lawns of nearly every home were U.S. flags, waving in the breeze.
- Court blocks Texas execution set for this week Updated: May-29-16 12:46 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A man set for execution this week for the slaying of a 64-year-old suburban Dallas grandmother during a burglary of her home more than 18 years ago has won a reprieve.
- AP-TX--Texas Sports Digest 1 pm, TX Updated: May-28-16 2:07 pm
Good afternoon! Here's a look at AP's Texas sports coverage. Questions about coverage plans are welcome and should be directed to the AP Dallas bureau at 972-991-2100, or at 800-442-7189. Email email@example.com. David Warren is on the desk.
- McCoughtry leads Dream to 102-93 win over Wings Updated: May-27-16 11:20 pm
- Undocumented immigrant, 17, on track to be Dallas teacher Updated: May-26-16 6:01 pm
DALLAS - Melisa Simon is poised, confident and a hard worker. She's also an immigrant without immigration papers, crossing the U.S. border from Mexico with her family at age 3. She was told by her mother early on that life in her new country would be tough.
- Texas high school football title games back at Cowboys' home Updated: May-26-16 3:10 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas high school football championship games are returning to the $1.2 billion home of the Dallas Cowboys after being held in Houston last year.
- Dallas police say woman hit by stray bullet while driving Updated: May-26-16 8:30 am
DALLAS - Dallas police say a woman was struck by a stray bullet while driving and witnesses told officers the gunfire came from a pickup that fled.
- Texas airports see respite from perimeter security intruders Updated: May-26-16 1:03 am
DALLAS - Intruders got over the fencing that protects Texas' two busiest airports more than authorities disclosed, though there were no breaches last year.
- Romo feels young again coming off twice-broken collarbone Updated: May-25-16 7:16 pm
IRVING, Texas - Tony Romo isn't sure how to define young.
- Exxon, Chevron shareholders reject climate resolutions Updated: May-25-16 4:17 pm
DALLAS - Shareholders at Exxon Mobil and Chevron rejected resolutions backed by environmentalists that would have pushed the companies to take stronger stands in favor of limiting climate change.
- Texan gets prison for lying about terrorist group allegiance Updated: May-25-16 3:11 pm
DALLAS - Federal prosecutors say a Texas man has been sentenced to four years in prison after pleading guilty to lying to U.S. agents about his support for a terrorist group.
- Alligator captured near Dallas school Updated: May-25-16 2:27 pm
DALLAS - A 7-foot-long alligator has been captured in a field near a Dallas school.
- Elephant rescued from Swaziland delivers calf at Dallas Zoo Updated: May-24-16 9:11 pm
DALLAS - An elephant rescued from the southern African nation of Swaziland has given birth to a baby at the Dallas Zoo.
- Man gets 38-year prison term for killing Iraqi man in Dallas Updated: May-24-16 8:47 pm
DALLAS - An 18-year-old has been sentenced to 38 years in prison for fatally shooting an Iraqi man taking photos of his first snowfall in Texas.
- Fares are cheap; airlines don't want them to stay that way Updated: May-24-16 3:46 pm
DALLAS - Enjoy lower airfares while you can. Airlines are taking steps to push prices higher by next year.
- Cy Young winner Keuchel looks to rebound after tough start Updated: May-23-16 7:11 pm
HOUSTON - AL Cy Young Award winner Dallas Keuchel is getting plenty of advice as he goes through his worst stretch since breaking into the majors in 2012.
- Texas immigration facility to house transgender detainees Updated: May-23-16 5:53 pm
DALLAS - A detention facility for immigrants set to open later this year in Texas will include a special unit for transgender people, the second of its kind in the federal system.
- Keuchel undone by big 3rd inning as Rangers beat Astros 9-2 Updated: May-22-16 6:46 pm
HOUSTON - Dallas Keuchel knows Sunday's game could have turned out a lot differently if only he could have put the Texas Rangers away after getting the first two outs in the third inning.
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep Updated: May-22-16 6:30 pm
HOUSTON - Cole Hamels certainly is proud of the longest winning streak in his career.