- Hayward lifts Jazz over Mavs 121-119 in OT for 7th straight Updated: Feb-09-16 11:34 pm
- North Texas man gets life imprisonment in teen's slaying Updated: Feb-09-16 6:02 pm
DALLAS - A 20-year-old Dallas-area man has been sent to prison for life after pleading guilty to murdering a 15-year-old cancer patient.
- Once-a-year homeless count draws criticism, defenders Updated: Feb-09-16 4:29 pm
NEW YORK - Over the past few weeks, thousands of clipboard-toting volunteers have fanned out across some of the nation's largest cities, tasked with a deceptively complex job: counting the number of homeless people sleeping on the streets.
- Killer at Dallas-area Subway store holdup set to die in May Updated: Feb-09-16 3:35 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A 42-year-old man sent to death row for a fatal shooting during a Dallas-area sandwich shop robbery in 2002 has received an execution date.
- Dallas man gets 30 years in prison over methamphetamine ring Updated: Feb-09-16 1:01 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - A Dallas man must serve 30 years in federal prison for helping run a North Texas methamphetamine ring.
- Obama declares 25 Texas counties federal disaster areas Updated: Feb-09-16 11:56 am
AUSTIN, Texas - More than two dozen Texas counties are now eligible for federal help following deadly end-of-December blizzards and tornadoes.
- Manziel's ex-girlfriend says she lost some hearing in attack Updated: Feb-08-16 7:31 pm
DALLAS - Johnny Manziel's ex-girlfriend said in an affidavit the Cleveland Browns quarterback hit her so hard during a late-night confrontation she lost hearing in one ear.
- Lock of Lennon's hair expected to fetch $10K at auction Updated: Feb-08-16 1:32 pm
DALLAS - A lock of hair snipped from the head of John Lennon as the Beatle prepared for a film role is expected to sell for $10,000 at a Dallas auction later this month.
- Texas mogul asks Dallas leaders to block return of sex expo Updated: Feb-08-16 8:31 am
DALLAS - A Texas real estate and energy mogul is lobbying Dallas officials to prevent the return of a sex exposition that has previously drawn about 15,000 people.
- More than 20 Texas town repeal sex offender residency law Updated: Feb-07-16 10:43 am
DALLAS - A broad legal challenge has led more than 20 towns in Texas to ease restrictions over the last few months on where sex offenders can live instead of fight a costly battle in court.
- Parsons has 26 as Mavs defeat Grizzlies 114-110 in OT Updated: Feb-07-16 12:30 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Dallas Mavericks probably felt like they should have avoided overtime. Chandler Parsons made sure they didn't squander the opportunity for the win in the extra period.
- Anisimov has goal, 3 assists; Blackhawks beat Stars 5-1 Updated: Feb-07-16 12:19 am
DALLAS - Artem Anisimov is the least-heralded player on his own line.
- Florida man gets 14 years for US, Canada $10M timeshare scam Updated: Feb-06-16 9:44 am
DALLAS - Prosecutors in Texas say a Florida man must serve 14 years in prison in a $10 million timeshare scam involving victims in the U.S. and Canada.
- Spurs hand Mavs largest halftime deficit in 116-90 blowout Updated: Feb-06-16 1:14 am
DALLAS - A large San Antonio contingent in the Dallas crowd chanted "go, Spurs, go" during a timeout with the Mavericks on their way to the biggest halftime deficit in franchise history.
- The Latest: Browns owner reached out Manziel, no response Updated: Feb-05-16 11:59 pm
CLEVELAND - The Latest on troubled quarterback Johnny Manziel (all times local):
- Stars' Spezza out after going head-first into boards Updated: Feb-05-16 10:01 pm
DALLAS - Dallas Stars forward Jason Spezza has been placed on injured reserve after he went head-first into the boards and left a game against Colorado.
- Dallas students vote to remove Confederate school name Updated: Feb-05-16 8:02 pm
DALLAS - Students at a Dallas middle school have voted to strip their campus of the name of a Confederate general.
- Texas man charged with transporting meth in Tennessee Updated: Feb-05-16 3:49 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities say a Texas man has been arrested after officers found about 29 pounds of methamphetamine in his vehicle.
- Ferd Kaufman, longtime AP photographer, dead at 89 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:49 pm
DALLAS - Ferd Kaufman, an Associated Press photographer who was at Dallas police headquarters as authorities brought in President John F. Kennedy's assassin, has died in Texas. He was 89.
- 3 killed when car slams into back of armored car near Dallas Updated: Feb-04-16 10:04 pm
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - A car drifted into a median on a Dallas-area toll road and slammed into a stalled armored car, killing three people in the car and critically injuring an infant.
- Manziel not charged despite claims he hit ex-girlfriend Updated: Feb-04-16 9:42 pm
CLEVELAND - Despite disturbing allegations that he struck his ex-girlfriend, troubled Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel has not been charged with a crime and two Texas police departments have closed their cases on a possible assault.
- American Airlines to announce direct flight from Stillwater Updated: Feb-04-16 4:47 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - State and local officials in Stillwater are planning to announce a nonstop jet service to and from Stillwater Regional Airport that will begin in August.
- Wade's bounce-back, Bosh's 20 lead Heat over Mavericks 93-90 Updated: Feb-04-16 12:14 am
DALLAS - After matching the worst shooting half of his career in the first 24 minutes against Dallas, Dwyane Wade missed his first shot of the third quarter.
- Mavs' Williams out against Heat after injuring hip at Hawks Updated: Feb-03-16 7:36 pm
DALLAS - Mavericks point guard Deron Williams will be out against Miami on Wednesday night after injuring his right hip in the previous game at Atlanta.
- Vintage military plane makes belly landing at Dallas airport Updated: Feb-03-16 5:30 pm
DALLAS - A World War II-era military plane has made a belly landing at Dallas Executive Airport.