- Doping lab stands quiet as Russia swept by scandals Updated: May-24-16 2:36 pm
MOSCOW - Even as Russia is swept by one doping scandal after another, the national anti-doping laboratory stands almost idle.
- July 15 set as deadline for completion of Sochi doping probe Updated: May-23-16 6:18 am
MONTREAL - WADA's independent investigation into allegations of state-backed doping at the 2014 Sochi Olympics will be completed by July 15.
- How it works: a look at the retests of Olympic drug samples Updated: May-22-16 10:11 pm
GENEVA - Inside a non-descript concrete building in a Swiss parking lot lies evidence that could take down dozens of Olympic athletes.
- USOC leader: Flawed anti-doping system needs attention Updated: May-20-16 7:11 pm
The leader of the U.S. Olympic Committee says the latest anti-doping headlines make it "increasingly difficult to defend the current system."
- WADA appoints McLaren to oversee Sochi investigation Updated: May-19-16 8:32 pm
SYDNEY - World Anti-Doping Agency president Craig Reedie has appointed Richard McLaren as the independent overseer of an investigation into allegations of state-sponsored doping at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
- The Latest: Hoketsu misses chance to become oldest Olympian Updated: May-19-16 7:31 am
LONDON - The Latest on the developments in the Olympic world (all times local):
- Bach: Russia faces range of sanctions if state doping proven Updated: May-18-16 11:35 am
LONDON - The latest allegations of state-sponsored doping in Russia could lead to suspension of entire national federations, heavy fines and lifetime Olympic bans, IOC President Thomas Bach said Wednesday.
- Report: US launches investigation into Russian doping claims Updated: May-17-16 9:49 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. prosecutors are investigating claims that dozens of top Russian athletes participated in a sophisticated state-sponsored doping program, The New York Times reported Tuesday.
- Questions and Answers on the Olympic doping retests Updated: May-17-16 12:49 pm
LONDON - The IOC announced Tuesday that 31 athletes in six sports and from 12 countries could be banned from the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro after their doping samples from the 2008 Beijing Games came back positive in retests.
- Russia has doping problem and is 'sorry,' says minister Updated: May-15-16 10:37 am
MOSCOW - Russia has a "problem" with doping and is "very sorry" that its cheating athletes were not caught sooner, the country's sports minister said.
- A wave of bad news batters Olympics past, present and future Updated: May-13-16 2:35 pm
LONDON - Doping scandals. Bribery allegations. Fears about Zika. Political, economic and corruption crises.
- Column: Throw Russia out but keep Kenya in the Rio Games Updated: May-13-16 1:45 pm
The trouble with collective punishment is that innocent people get hurt. Banning both Russia and Kenya from the Rio de Janeiro Olympics for doping would rob athletes who haven't sunk to pills and needles of a life-changing opportunity.
- Silver surprise, then another unexpected moment for Holcomb Updated: May-13-16 2:27 am
MONTREAL - The knock on the door came shortly after Steven Holcomb learned his Olympic bronze medals could be upgraded to silver because of a doping scandal in Russia.
- Former lab director offers help on tests of tampered samples Updated: May-12-16 10:22 pm
MONTREAL - The former Moscow lab director who revealed Russia's plans to tamper with urine samples to guarantee clean drug tests at the Sochi Olympics is calling on Olympic officials to test the stored samples with his assistance.
- Russia, Kenya track teams may miss Rio after doping rulings Updated: May-12-16 7:31 pm
MONTREAL - Together, Russia and Kenya won 27 medals at the last Olympics in track and field. Their total at the next one could be zero.
- AP Interview: IOC could retest Sochi doping samples Updated: May-12-16 6:57 am
LONDON - The IOC "would not hesitate" to retest drug samples from the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi if there is evidence that doping controls were manipulated, according to the Olympic body's medical director.
- Russian, Japanese leaders plan peace treaty consultations Updated: May-06-16 2:18 pm
MOSCOW - A meeting between the leaders of Russia and Japan has ended with no indication of whether significant progress was made toward resolving a territorial dispute that has overshadowed Moscow-Tokyo relations since World War II.
- Russian driver Sirotkin joins Renault F1 team as test driver Updated: Apr-26-16 7:03 am
PARIS - Russian driver Sergey Sirotkin has joined the Renault Formula One team as a test driver and will participate in practice at the upcoming Russian Grand Prix.