- Man sent to prison for 'torture' of teen who stole his gun Updated: Feb-08-16 1:26 am
LYNDEN, Washington - A Whatcom County man accused of torturing a teen who stole his gun and fired it at a park has been sentenced to one year in prison.
- Snowboarder recovering after 2 nights lost near ski area Updated: Feb-03-16 11:05 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A snowboarder is recovering after getting lost and spending two nights in the backcountry near the Mt. Baker Ski Area during heavy snowfall.
- Haggen core store auction pushed back to Feb. 11 Updated: Feb-03-16 9:05 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The fate of grocery chain Haggen has been delayed for a few days, as the auction to sell its remaining 33 stores in Washington and Oregon has been pushed back to Feb. 11.
- Man killed in avalanche near Mount Baker ski area identified Updated: Jan-25-16 8:37 pm
MOUNT BAKER, Washington - Authorities have identified the skier killed in in an avalanche near the Mount Baker Ski Area.
- Settlement agreement reached in Albertsons, Haggen lawsuit Updated: Jan-23-16 2:31 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Albertsons will pay $5.75 million to settle a lawsuit that sought up to $1 billion in damages related to the sale of stores to Haggen, currently involved in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Cheap oil prices put environmental cleanup projects on hold Updated: Jan-10-16 2:25 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Several major cleanup projects in Whatcom County have been put on hold as low oil prices have severely undercut state cleanup grant accounts.