- Tale of harrowing rescue on Denali unheralded for 35 years Updated: May-23-16 11:35 am
EVERETT, Washington - In the spring of 1980, climbers Mike Helms and Bob Kandiko came upon two other climbers in peril near the summit of Alaska's 20,310-foot Denali. Over the next several days, and in very difficult conditions, Helms and Kandiko helped the other two men down the mountain, saving at least one life and perhaps two.
- Canadian at US border tried to bribe his way out of trouble Updated: May-20-16 10:35 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Authorities say a man from Nanaimo, British Columbia, tried to bribe his way out of trouble at the U.S. border with Canada. Charges say the man was caught crossing the border with marijuana and shotgun shells.
- Ex-council member gets 6 months for embezzling tribal money Updated: May-15-16 10:01 am
TACOMA, Washington - A former member of the Makah Tribal Council has been sentenced to six months in prison for embezzling tribal money.
- 3 protesters arrested as Trump campaigns in Washington Updated: May-07-16 9:29 pm
LYNDEN, Washington - Donald Trump spent a second day in the Northwest on Saturday, telling supporters he will win Washington state in November and decrying manufacturing job losses as protesters gathered outside both venues.
- The Latest: 3 Trump protesters arrested in Washington Updated: May-07-16 9:12 pm
LYNDEN, Washington - The Latest on Donald Trump campaign rallies in Washington state (all times local):
- Jury finds driver not guilty in deaths of 2 students Updated: May-04-16 6:43 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A jury has found a Bellingham man not guilty on vehicular homicide and vehicular assault charges in connection with crashing his vehicle into four high school students in 2015.
- Defense: Bellingham driver in fatal crash was sleep-deprived Updated: May-03-16 2:37 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Attorneys for a Washington man on trial for vehicular homicide say a sleep disorder, not drowsy driving, led to the fatal crash.
- 8 killed in 1982 Investor murders remembered in exhibit Updated: Apr-30-16 7:01 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Does the time ever come when a community stops remembering a murdered group of its own? In the case of Blaine, possibly not.
- Man recounts making Super Bowl, other guitars, for Prince Updated: Apr-26-16 11:10 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A Washington state man who made more than two dozen custom guitars for Prince in the 1990s is recalling what that meant to his "little company" following Prince's sudden death last week.
- Bellingham restarts homeless camp cleanups Updated: Apr-24-16 3:20 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Bellingham officials are working to expand shelter options for people as it again begins to clean up homeless camps.