- AHL player Paetsch gets home confinement in gambling ring Updated: Sep-04-15 4:51 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - A professional hockey player has been sentenced to eight months of home confinement for being part of an illegal sports betting business that took wagers from other players.
- Woman sentenced in theft of gun that later injured cop Updated: Sep-03-15 3:08 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A Pennsylvania woman has been sentenced to a year and nine months in prison for selling a stolen gun that was later used to shoot a New York police officer.
- Cabbage delays rush hour traffic after Rochester rollover Updated: Aug-31-15 8:56 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Morning commuters were greeted by a sea of green after a cabbage truck rolled over and spilled its load across a busy western New York highway.
- Rochester high-rise fire displaces 40, no injuries reported Updated: Aug-31-15 6:19 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Officials say about 40 people were displaced after a four-alarm fire broke out at a downtown Rochester high-rise housing lofts and business space.
- New York man gets 15+ years in prison for making child porn Updated: Aug-30-15 7:02 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A New York man in prison for raping a 16-year-old girl has been sentenced to an additional 15 years for recording the assault.
- Upstate tour helps new NY speaker find his footing Updated: Aug-29-15 11:10 am
ALBANY, New York - The new leader of the New York state Assembly has spent much of the summer visiting Buffalo, Syracuse and other upstate communities in what he says is an effort to better understand the challenges facing parts of the state that sometimes feel neglected by Albany.
- Police: Suspect in deadly drive-by shooting arrested Updated: Aug-28-15 3:38 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - A suspect has been arrested in a drive-by shooting outside a Boys & Girls Club in upstate New York that left three young men dead and four other people wounded, Rochester officials said.
- Rochester man confesses to role in 1998 drug-related murder Updated: Aug-26-15 6:13 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A Rochester man has admitted to his role in a drug conspiracy that led to a murder on the Seneca Indian Reservation.
- Blues marker to honor musician 'Son' House Updated: Aug-26-15 4:29 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Blues musician Eddie "Son" House will be honored with a Mississippi Blues Trail maker in Rochester, New York.
- Bills close camp with playoffs-or-bust expectations Updated: Aug-25-15 5:42 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - The high expectations running back Fred Jackson and the Bills had upon arriving at training camp a month ago haven't lessened as the team prepares to head home.
- Ex-mobster charged with trying to smuggle drugs into prison Updated: Aug-25-15 10:23 am
ALBION, New York - A former Mafia bodyguard who served time for hiring a hit man to kill a Rochester union official 34 years ago has been charged with trying to smuggle drugs into a New York state prison.
- Rochester receives federal grants to combat lead poisoning Updated: Aug-25-15 6:07 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Officials say the city of Rochester will receive two federal grants totaling more than $3.6 million to help fight lead poisoning in the area.
- 2 killed, 1 injured in 1-car crash in western New York Updated: Aug-24-15 7:46 am
BERGEN, New York - Police say two people have been killed in a one-car crash on a rural western New York road.
- Police investigating 2 stabbings after Rochester festival Updated: Aug-24-15 5:47 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Police are investigating two stabbings that occurred minutes apart just after the conclusion of Rochester's Puerto Rican Festival.
- Finger Lakes casino opponents fight on after court ruling Updated: Aug-23-15 10:52 am
ALBANY, New York - Eight months after a small Finger Lakes farm town was recommended for one of three New York casino licenses, the battle over the $425 million development is ratcheting up again.
- Body found in Lower Falls of Genesee River in Rochester Updated: Aug-22-15 8:32 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Rochester police say a body found at the bottom of the base of the Lower Falls of the Genesee River has been identified.
- 3 killed, 4 wounded in drive-by shooting in western New York Updated: Aug-20-15 8:04 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - A gunman shot into a crowd that gathered outside the Rochester Boys and Girls Club after a basketball game, killing three people and wounding four others in what Gov. Andrew Cuomo called "a deplorable act of violence."
- Police: Man in stolen car crashes into quarry near Thruway Updated: Aug-19-15 8:43 am
LANCASTER, New York - State police say an Ohio man is in a Buffalo hospital after the stolen car he was driving crashed into a rock quarry along the Thruway while he was trying to elude troopers.
- Over $1.4M to University of Rochester for medical research Updated: Aug-19-15 3:06 am
ROCHESTER, New York - The University of Rochester is getting more than $1.4 million in federal grants for medical research.
- Rochester police recover man's body from Genesee River Updated: Aug-18-15 5:52 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Police say they have recovered the body of a man in the Genesee River in Rochester following a two-hour search by divers.
- Ryan says Wynn could miss season with ACL injury Updated: Aug-16-15 3:18 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - Buffalo Bills coach Rex Ryan says defensive tackle Jarius Wynn could be lost for the season after a serious ACL injury.
- NY man acquitted after serving 13 years for double homicide Updated: Aug-14-15 8:23 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A man who served 13 years in prison for a 2002 double homicide in western New York has been exonerated following a retrial.
- Man, stepson charged in fatal shooting near community center Updated: Aug-13-15 9:44 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A 39-year-old man and his teenage stepson have been charged in connection with the fatal shooting of a man outside a community center in Rochester.
- 2 men charged in separate Rochester slayings from 1995 Updated: Aug-12-15 8:34 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Authorities say they've charged two men in separate fatal shootings that occurred on the same Rochester street two weeks apart 20 years ago.
- Feds to spend $9.5M, restore Lake Ontario bay in western NY Updated: Aug-10-15 12:53 pm
GREECE, New York - The federal government will spend $9.5 million so the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers can restore a bay on Lake Ontario's New York shore where erosion and silting have drastically reduced wetlands and hampered boating.