- 2 El Salvador men get 35 years in prison for Texas slaying Updated: May-03-16 10:22 am
HOUSTON - Two men from El Salvador must serve 35-year terms in a U.S. prison for the 2013 gang-related killing of a teen whose mutilated body was found in Sam Houston National Forest.
- Halliburton reports 1Q loss Updated: May-03-16 7:33 am
HOUSTON - Halliburton Co. (HAL) on Tuesday reported a loss of $2.41 billion in its first quarter.
- Keuchel's 17-game home winning streak ends in 6-2 loss Updated: May-03-16 1:05 am
HOUSTON - Dallas Keuchel has been unbeatable at home for over 1 1-2 years. That came to an end Monday night.
- Twins end Keuchel's 17-game home win streak, beat Astros 6-2 Updated: May-03-16 12:54 am
HOUSTON - The Minnesota Twins were the first team in over a year and a half to beat Dallas Keuchel in Houston, and they did it with patience.
- Japanese machinery firm moves Americas hub to Houston Updated: May-02-16 7:30 pm
HOUSTON - Top Japanese machinery maker Mitsubishi Heavy Industries has moved its Americas headquarters from Manhattan to Houston, resulting in the transfer of around 40 employees.
- Halliburton, Baker Hughes eye future after merger scuttled Updated: May-02-16 4:25 pm
DALLAS - Halliburton and Baker Hughes, whose planned merger is the latest big deal to be shot down by antitrust regulators, now must pick up the pieces and shore up their companies during a severe slump in oil and gas drilling.
- Finding remains of missing women required exhaustive search Updated: May-02-16 10:32 am
HOUSTON - Shovels and flashlights in hand on a night in mid-February, investigators restarted the search nearly two decades after the girls went missing.
- Altuve homers to back Fister in Astros' 2-1 win over A's Updated: May-01-16 8:08 pm
OAKLAND, California - Doug Fister didn't have much margin for error, not with Houston managing only two hits - none after the third inning.
- 1-year-old fatally struck by mother's car in Houston Updated: May-01-16 4:19 pm
HOUSTON - Authorities say a 1-year-old has died after being struck as her mother backed a sport utility vehicle out of their Houston garage.
- Real Salt Lake beats Dynamo 2-1, moves into 1st-place tie Updated: Apr-30-16 11:54 pm
- Texans add playmakers as they shift draft focus to offense Updated: Apr-30-16 4:37 pm
HOUSTON - After years of focusing on defense in the draft by choosing J.J. Watt, Jadeveon Clowney, Whitney Mercilus, Kevin Johnson, Kareem Jackson and Brian Cushing, the Houston Texans shifted to offense this time around, adding a bevy of playmakers that should help new quarterback Brock Osweiler.
- Texas court blocks Houston from using tougher clean-air laws Updated: Apr-30-16 1:48 am
HOUSTON - Houston's efforts to use local clean air laws to regulate pollution in the home of the nation's largest petrochemical complex were halted Friday by a Texas Supreme Court ruling in favor of energy and chemical companies that claimed the city had overreached.
- Police: Man killed by Harris County deputy on tollway Updated: Apr-30-16 1:41 am
HOUSTON - Police say a man was killed by a Harris County Precinct 5 deputy constable in Houston.
- Tornado damages buildings in East Texas Updated: Apr-29-16 9:05 pm
DALLAS - A tornado in East Texas caused severe damage and left some people injured Friday evening, as storms snaked their way across northern and eastern Texas and southern Oklahoma.
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Updated: Apr-29-16 7:32 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets' season got off to a disappointing start.
- Huge fireball in gas explosion burns homes, fleeing man Updated: Apr-29-16 7:29 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - A natural gas pipeline exploded in a towering, roaring fireball Friday, destroying a home several hundred yards away, damaging at least three others and creating waves of intense heat that burned a fleeing homeowner as he ran down a road, authorities said.
- Texas schools spare no expense for huge football stadiums Updated: Apr-29-16 1:20 pm
DALLAS - A suburban Dallas school district grabbed national attention in 2012 when it opened an eye-popping $60 million high school football stadium.
- NFL Draft: Players selected in the first round Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 pm
The players selected in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night in Chicago:
- Texas' fetal tissue research questioned before court hearing Updated: Apr-28-16 5:19 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas legislators who passed one of the nation's toughest abortion laws turned their attention to fetal tissue research Thursday, ahead of a Houston court appearance by two anti-abortion activists on charges related to their filming of undercover videos at a Planned Parenthood clinic.
- ConocoPhillips moves to 1Q loss, adj. results top Street Updated: Apr-28-16 8:47 am
HOUSTON - ConocoPhillips moved to a loss in its first quarter as it dealt with impairment charges and a pension settlement expense. Its adjusted results beat Wall Street's view.
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Updated: Apr-28-16 2:21 am
OAKLAND, California - Klay Thompson knew Golden State had to come together, that every player needed to raise his game with Stephen Curry sidelined.
- Houston woman sentenced in 4-year-old girl's death Updated: Apr-27-16 2:51 am
HOUSTON - A Houston woman charged in the death her boyfriend's 4-year-old daughter has been sentenced to 40 years in prison.
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Updated: Apr-26-16 8:06 pm
DALLAS - Dirk Nowitzki is not retiring and almost certainly will spend a 19th season with the Mavericks.
- Ex-Baylor star QB Tom Muecke dead at 52 Updated: Apr-26-16 5:18 pm
WACO, Texas - Former Baylor quarterback Tom Muecke (MIH'-kee), a two-time all-Southwest Conference star in the 1980s who went on to play seven seasons in the Canadian Football League, has died at the age of 52.
- Horse rescues draw attention in deadly Houston-area storms Updated: Apr-26-16 11:51 am
HOUSTON - Darolyn Butler spent about 18 hours in and out of the swirling floodwaters of Cypress Creek last Monday, April 18, trying to rescue 75 drowning horses in her care.