- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Ellsbury, Yanks' $153M man, doesn't start in playoff loss Updated: Oct-07-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury sat the bench for most of his first postseason game after signing a $153 million contract with the New York Yankees. When he finally got in, he saw three pitches at the plate and one inning in center field.
- Smith leads Grizzlies past Rockets, 92-89 Updated: Oct-06-15 11:03 pm
- Berkman jab at Houston Equal Rights Ordinance draws fire Updated: Oct-06-15 6:51 pm
HOUSTON - Former Houston Astros star Lance Berkman's public opposition to the Houston Equal Rights Ordinance is drawing fire from the city's mayor.
- Man kills boss, then self at Houston grocery store warehouse Updated: Oct-06-15 11:54 am
HOUSTON - Police say an employee at a Houston grocery store shot and killed his supervisor in the warehouse attached to the rear of the store before killing himself.
- Texas inmate says he shouldn't die for $8 robbery, slaying Updated: Oct-05-15 8:55 pm
HOUSTON - A Texas inmate set to be executed Tuesday acknowledges fatally shooting a Mexican man who was robbed of $8 and had just moved his family to Houston, but insists he doesn't deserve to die for the killing 17 years ago.
- Publisher apologizes for textbook calling slaves 'workers' Updated: Oct-05-15 7:43 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - One of the biggest publishers in the U.S. apologized Monday for calling slaves brought to America "workers" in a geography textbook used widely in Texas, where the wording went unnoticed during the state's combative and politically charged classroom curriculum reviews.
- Steelers receiver Bryant humbled after 4-game suspension Updated: Oct-05-15 4:25 pm
PITTSBURGH - The texts popped into Martavis Bryant's phone every morning.
- Man in custody after five-hour standoff with Houston police Updated: Oct-05-15 8:34 am
HOUSTON - A 27-year-old wheelchair-bound man who shot a relative is in custody after a five-hour standoff with Houston police at his home.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Close calls in Cy Young races; Harper, Donaldson for MVP Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
NEW YORK - Here's how stacked the NL Cy Young race is: Max Scherzer struck out 276 batters with a 2.79 ERA and became the first major leaguer in 42 years to throw two no-hitters in one season.
- Woman killed after pickup collides with 18-wheeler Updated: Oct-03-15 2:27 pm
HOUSTON - A woman has died after smashing her pickup truck into an 18-wheeler in northeast Houston.
- Astros hand Diamondbacks' record-breaking blowout loss Updated: Oct-03-15 3:17 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were looking to spoil Houston's postseason aspirations.
- Keuchel wins 20th, Astros set runs record, rout D-backs 21-5 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:53 am
- Rangers 2-1 loss to Angels keeps them from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:38 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Elvis Andrus and the Texas Rangers didn't even wait around to see if they would clinch the AL West title Friday night. The champagne was put away for another day.
- Angels win 2-1 to prevent Rangers from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:37 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - With Mike Trout and Albert Pujols leading the way, the Los Angeles Angels are still in the chase for a playoff spot.
- Chris Young pitches Royals past Twins 3-1 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:34 am
MINNEAPOLIS - After watching Chris Young strike out the side in the sixth inning, Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost approached his starter in the dugout to tell him he was nearing his pitch limit.
- Royals put big dent in Twins' wild-card bid with 3-1 win Updated: Oct-03-15 1:34 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins clubhouse, clouded so often this season by fog machines for the post-victory dance parties, was crystal clear and eerily quiet following the 160th game on the schedule.
- Bush donors embrace new mantra: He's built to last Updated: Oct-02-15 4:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's challenge in the first half of the year was daunting yet simple. To be considered a fundraising success, the Republican presidential candidate had to hit the magic number of $100 million, an ambitious goal set by some in his campaign. And he did.
- 4 workers hurt in explosion at Houston-area chemical plant Updated: Oct-02-15 3:25 pm
PASADENA, Texas - Police say four workers have been treated for burns after an explosion and fire at a chemical plant along the Houston Ship Channel.
- Houston hospital faces review after patient shot by guards Updated: Oct-02-15 2:47 pm
HOUSTON - A Houston hospital where off-duty police officers working security shot a combative patient must prove the complex is safe or possibly lose government funding.
- Wild West: AAC teams embracing offensive football Updated: Oct-02-15 2:40 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Philip Montgomery has experienced more than his share of shootouts in his nearly two decades as a football coach, both on the high school level and later at Houston and Baylor.
- US rig count declines by 29 this week to 809 Updated: Oct-02-15 2:30 pm
HOUSTON - Oilfield services company Baker Hughes Inc. says the number of rigs exploring for oil and natural gas in the U.S. this week declined by 29 to 809.
- Angels fall to Rangers 5-3, turn focus to wild-card race Updated: Oct-02-15 1:08 am
- Houston police say 2 arrested in fatal drive-by gunfire Updated: Oct-01-15 6:50 pm
HOUSTON - Houston police say two suspects have been arrested in the drive-by fatal shooting of a 6-year-old boy as he slept in a house.