- 3 Texas sheriff's workers fired in wake of deputy slaying Updated: Feb-12-16 5:17 pm
HOUSTON - Two more Harris County Sheriff's Office employees have been fired amid the investigation into the August fatal shooting of a deputy at a gas station.
- Obstacles abound in prosecution of Texas priest in cold case Updated: Feb-12-16 4:58 pm
HOUSTON - Prosecutors face a tough road in their case against a former priest accused this week in the killing of a young Texas teacher and beauty queen nearly 56 years ago, according to legal experts.
- 3 schools with names tied to Confederacy to be renamed Updated: Feb-12-16 2:17 am
HOUSTON - The Houston Independent School District Board of Education has voted to begin the process of renaming three schools named after men tied to the Confederacy.
- Family awarded $53M in Kyle Field deadly demolition accident Updated: Feb-11-16 6:26 pm
HOUSTON - Relatives of a demolition worker have been awarded $53 million over his 2013 death after he fell four stories during renovation of Texas A&M's Kyle Field.
- Police: Woman leads officers on chase in stolen ambulance Updated: Feb-11-16 8:01 am
HOUSTON - A woman has been arrested after authorities say she led Houston police on a slow-speed pursuit in a stolen ambulance.
- US opens Olympic qualifying with 5-0 victory over Costa Rica Updated: Feb-11-16 12:13 am
FRISCO, Texas - The U.S. women's opening set piece finally paid off.
- Pollard's 34 points lead Houston over Memphis 98-90 Updated: Feb-10-16 9:55 pm
HOUSTON - Devonta Pollard had 23 of his career-high 34 points in the second half Wednesday night and Houston made eight of its last nine from the field to beat Memphis 98-90.
- Attorney: Death penalty may be out in family massacre case Updated: Feb-10-16 9:04 pm
HOUSTON - The attorney for a man accused of fatally shooting eight people at a suburban Houston home says his client may be intellectually disqualified for a death sentence if convicted.
- Impact Hack-a-Someone tactic having on NBA is growing issue Updated: Feb-10-16 3:53 pm
MIAMI - San Antonio's first play of the 2008-09 season was designed and executed perfectly. Spurs' center Tim Duncan didn't bother jumping for the opening tap, conceding it to Phoenix's Shaquille O'Neal. Five seconds later, Michael Finley wrapped his arms around O'Neal for an intentional foul.
- Convicted robber on 10 Most Wanted list caught in Houston Updated: Feb-10-16 3:27 pm
HOUSTON - A convicted robber and gang member on the Texas 10 Most Wanted list has been caught in Houston.
- Astros designated hitter Gattis has sports hernia surgery Updated: Feb-10-16 12:31 pm
HOUSTON - Houston designated hitter Evan Gattis underwent surgery to repair a sports hernia.
- 2 charged with injury to child in burns to Houston girl, 4 Updated: Feb-10-16 10:01 am
HOUSTON - Two cousins have been arrested after a 4-year-old girl they were watching was critically burned last April at a Houston motel.
- Houston parking garage being demolished instead collapses Updated: Feb-10-16 8:45 am
HOUSTON - A multilevel Houston parking garage that was being demolished instead collapsed and scattered debris across the site and on top of an excavator.
- Texas couple charged with forcing nanny to work for no pay Updated: Feb-09-16 8:21 pm
HOUSTON - A Houston-area couple forced a Nigerian woman to care for their five children and home without pay during a two-year period in which she was physically and verbally abused, made to work nearly 20 hours a day and told to sleep on the floor, federal authorities say.
- The Latest: Texas man in nanny imprisonment case given bond Updated: Feb-09-16 5:00 pm
HOUSTON - The Latest on a Houston-area couple accused of forcing a Nigerian woman to care for their children and home without pay: (all times local):
- Man found incompetent for trial in Houston deputy's death Updated: Feb-09-16 1:24 pm
HOUSTON - A Houston man accused of fatally shooting a sheriff's deputy at a gas station last summer has been ruled mentally incompetent to stand trial for capital murder.
- 3 ex-trucking executives in Texas get prison for $16M fraud Updated: Feb-09-16 9:40 am
HOUSTON - The former head of a South Texas trucking company must serve eight years in prison over a nearly $16 million loan scam.
- Many chemicals used in Texas fracking remain a mystery Updated: Feb-08-16 8:16 pm
HOUSTON - For the past five years, biochemist Zac Hildenbrand has investigated potential links between unconventional drilling and water quality, collecting thousands of samples throughout the major shale plays in Texas.
- Lillard scores 21 to help Portland beat Houston 96-79 Updated: Feb-06-16 9:05 pm
HOUSTON - The Portland Trail Blazers were determined that this trip to Houston would end much better than their last visit here when they were stung by a tough overtime loss to the Rockets.
- Pace picks up, anticipation of Grand Parkway around Houston Updated: Feb-06-16 5:00 pm
HOUSTON - Country Bumpkins Cafe is where northwest Harris County's rural past meets its suburban future. It's not unusual to see BMW luxury sedans and John Deere tractors in the gravel parking lot along Telge Road.
- Pedestrian with earbuds hit by train in Houston, dies Updated: Feb-06-16 4:57 pm
HOUSTON - Investigators believe a pedestrian was wearing earbuds when he was hit by a freight train in Houston and killed.
- Man dies in Houston police custody, held after disturbance Updated: Feb-06-16 12:38 pm
HOUSTON - Houston police say a man held after a disturbance at a convenience store has died after becoming unresponsive while waiting to be booked on a drug charge.
- Houston man convicted, gets life in slaying over sneakers Updated: Feb-05-16 7:02 pm
HOUSTON - A Texas jury has convicted a 21-year-old Houston man of capital murder in the 2012 fatal shooting of a man over a pair of Air Jordan sneakers the man had just bought.
- SUPER BOWL: Profiles of key players Updated: Feb-05-16 6:46 pm
Projected starters and key players for the Super Bowl at Santa Clara, California:
- US rig count drops 48 this week to 571; Texas down 19 Updated: Feb-05-16 3:46 pm
HOUSTON - Oilfield services company Baker Hughes Inc. says the number of rigs exploring for oil and natural gas in the U.S. declined by 48 this week to 571.