- At least 6 dead, 2 missing after floods in Texas, Kansas Updated: May-29-16 9:56 pm
HOUSTON - Authorities in central Texas found two more bodies along flooded streams Sunday, bringing the death toll from flooding in the state to six.
- Shootings at Houston auto shop leave gunman, customer dead Updated: May-29-16 8:30 pm
HOUSTON - A man came into a Houston auto detail shop and began shooting, killing a man known to be a customer and putting a neighborhood on lockdown Sunday before being killed by a SWAT officer, police said.
- The Latest: 2 Houston officers released from hospital Updated: May-29-16 8:21 pm
HOUSTON - The Latest on shootings Sunday in a Houston neighborhood (all times local):
- The Latest: Woman found dead in Hill Country after flood Updated: May-29-16 5:21 pm
HOUSTON - The Latest on severe weather and flooding around the U.S. (all times local):
- 153 homes in Bryan damaged by tornado Updated: May-27-16 10:44 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Latest on severe weather in the Plains and flooding in Texas following heavy rains (all times local):
- Springer homers twice as Astros beat Orioles 4-2 Updated: May-27-16 12:55 am
HOUSTON - With his team having already set the major league record for strikeouts in a three-game series, adding more to the pile was the last thing on Houston Astros reliever Ken Giles' mind.
- AP Source: Rockets, D'Antoni agree on 4-year deal Updated: May-26-16 11:33 pm
Mike D'Antoni is taking his "Seven Seconds or Less" offense to Houston, where James Harden is waiting to give his new coach the kind of weapon that could be a perfect fit for his system.
- Correction: Commencement Speaker Costs story Updated: May-26-16 4:53 pm
BOSTON - In a story May 20 on fees paid by colleges to commencement speakers, The Associated Press, relying on information from Rutgers University, reported erroneously that it had paid PBS journalist Bill Moyer $35,000 for an address. The university now says that Moyers had informed a school official before the ceremony that he would not accept the fee.
- Texas high school football title games back at Cowboys' home Updated: May-26-16 3:10 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas high school football championship games are returning to the $1.2 billion home of the Dallas Cowboys after being held in Houston last year.
- Owen Coyle out as coach of the Houston Dynamo Updated: May-26-16 12:16 am
HOUSTON - Owen Coyle is out as coach of the Houston Dynamo.
- Flooded homeowners sue Houston, alleging negligence Updated: May-25-16 8:35 pm
HOUSTON - A citizen's group and homeowners who have recently suffered repeat flood damage sued Houston in federal court Wednesday, alleging the city backed improvements at a commercial development they say were made without putting in adequate drainage.
- Mazara hits long homer as Rangers beat Angels 15-9 Updated: May-25-16 7:22 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Like Rougned Odor before him, Nomar Mazara is having an impact for the Texas Rangers as the youngest player in the major leagues.
- Harris County death row inmate loses state court appeal Updated: May-25-16 12:11 pm
HOUSTON - The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals has rejected an appeal from a man on death row for the fatal stabbing 25 years ago of a Houston-area man whose body was found inscribed with a swastika and initials of a skinhead group.
- Warriors facing long odds down 3-1, but it has been done Updated: May-25-16 8:05 am
MIAMI - Here's good news for Golden State: It's not over.
- Craig Sager to receive Jimmy V Perseverance Award at ESPYS Updated: May-24-16 8:16 pm
Craig Sager keeps a copy of Jim Valvano's 1993 ESPYS speech on his phone. He would play it back sometimes during those long days in the hospital receiving treatment for leukemia.
- About 500 attend funeral for slain 11-year-old Houston boy Updated: May-24-16 7:08 pm
HOUSTON - About 500 mourners filled a Houston church to capacity Tuesday for the funeral for an 11-year-old boy who was stabbed to death as he walked home from school.
- Threat made to flight at Houston's Bush airport Updated: May-24-16 3:12 pm
HOUSTON - An official says a threat made to a passenger flight at a Houston airport was determined not to be credible after the passengers and their baggage were rescreened.
- Jaguars' Joeckel working to erase 'terrible' finale Updated: May-24-16 2:21 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Left tackle Luke Joeckel, the second overall pick in the 2013 NFL draft, admittedly has no idea how the Jacksonville Jaguars feel about him right now.
- Houston man convicted of making animal torture videos Updated: May-24-16 10:07 am
HOUSTON - A 54-year-old Houston man has been convicted of creating and distributing videos of puppies, chickens and kittens being tortured and killed.
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery Updated: May-23-16 7:34 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton will have another surgery on his left knee and not play a game this season for the Texas Rangers.
- Cy Young winner Keuchel looks to rebound after tough start Updated: May-23-16 7:11 pm
HOUSTON - AL Cy Young Award winner Dallas Keuchel is getting plenty of advice as he goes through his worst stretch since breaking into the majors in 2012.
- Mexican-American textbook stirs cultural debate in Texas Updated: May-23-16 3:56 pm
HOUSTON - A textbook proposed to help teach the cultural history of Mexican-Americans in Texas public schools is under scrutiny by scholars, some of whom decry the effort as racist and not a reflection of serious academic study.
- Houston insurance agent takes plea deal in annuity scam Updated: May-23-16 10:28 am
HOUSTON - A Houston insurance agent indicted on charges she bilked nearly a dozen clients out of more than $3 million in an annuity scam has accepted a 20-year prison term in a plea deal.
- Keuchel undone by big 3rd inning as Rangers beat Astros 9-2 Updated: May-22-16 6:46 pm
HOUSTON - Dallas Keuchel knows Sunday's game could have turned out a lot differently if only he could have put the Texas Rangers away after getting the first two outs in the third inning.
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep Updated: May-22-16 6:30 pm
HOUSTON - Cole Hamels certainly is proud of the longest winning streak in his career.