- 2 more Blanco River flood victims identified Updated: Jun-01-15 8:32 pm
SAN MARCOS, Texas - Authorities have identified two more victims of last week's catastrophic flooding on the Blanco River in Hays County in Central Texas.
- Houston-based Apache Corp. to close regional office in Tulsa Updated: Jun-01-15 5:33 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Houston-based oil and gas producer Apache Corp. will close its regional office in Tulsa as part of a company-wide restructuring.
- Circus performer falls during aerial act at Houston show Updated: Jun-01-15 3:09 pm
HOUSTON - A circus performer is recovering after falling more than 20 feet during an aerial act in Houston.
- Warriors quietly trying to finish one of NBA's best seasons Updated: Jun-01-15 2:56 pm
- Texas House public education chief announces his retirement Updated: Jun-01-15 1:44 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Rep. Jimmie Don Aycock, the head of the powerful House Public Education Committee, is retiring.
- Rice tops Houston 3-2 in 20, tourney's 4th-longest game Updated: Jun-01-15 4:20 am
HOUSTON - Leon Byrd hit an RBI double down the right-field line, giving Rice a 3-2 victory over Houston in 20 innings early Monday in the fourth-longest game in NCAA Tournament history.
- The flip side of years of no hurricanes: Good luck runs out Updated: Jun-01-15 1:30 am
OCEAN CITY, Maryland - For millions of Americans living in the hurricane zones on the Gulf and East coasts, recent decades have been quiet - maybe too quiet.
- Latest on weather: Dallas-area officials warn of flood risk Updated: Jun-01-15 12:43 am
10 p.m. (CDT)
- Sun returns to Texas, revealing flood damage across state Updated: May-31-15 11:25 pm
DALLAS - Most of Texas was set to get its first period of extended sunshine in weeks, allowing surging rivers to recede as emergency-management officials turn their attention to cleanup efforts in such places as Houston, where damage estimates top $45 million.
- Astros blanked by White Sox 6-0 Updated: May-31-15 8:30 pm
- White Sox shut out Astros 6-0 Updated: May-31-15 7:51 pm
HOUSTON - John Danks pitched an unusual shutout against the Houston Astros on Sunday.
- Louisiana-Lafayette beats Houston 2-1 in NCAA regional play Updated: May-31-15 6:56 pm
HOUSTON - Tyler Girouard was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded in the ninth to bring home the winning run in Louisiana-Lafayette's 2-1 victory over Houston on Sunday in NCAA regional play.
- Beau Biden dies at 46; son of VP had life of adversity Updated: May-31-15 4:05 pm
DOVER, Delaware - He was the privileged son of a longtime U.S. senator and two-term vice president, yet Joseph R. "Beau" Biden III was no stranger to personal adversity.
- Rain forces suspension, postponement in Houston Regional Updated: May-30-15 10:15 pm
HOUSTON - The Rice-Houston Baptist elimination game in the Houston Regional was suspended in the top of the fourth inning due to lightning and rain on Saturday.
- Keuchel fans 11, pitches 4-hitter as Astros blank White Sox Updated: May-30-15 8:48 pm
HOUSTON - Jose Quintana had a solid start for the Chicago White Sox on Saturday.
- Rain causes minor flooding at Minute Maid Park in Houston Updated: May-30-15 8:01 pm
- Coast Guard ends search for Houston girl after body found Updated: May-30-15 3:16 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - The U.S. Coast Guard has ended a search for a 12-year-old Houston girl missing near Galveston after authorities recovered a body that matches her description.
- Will new focus on rape kit tests put thousands behind bars? Updated: May-30-15 12:50 pm
The evidence piled up for years, abandoned in police property rooms, warehouses and crime labs. Now, thousands of sexual assault kits are giving up their secrets - and rapists who've long remained free may finally face justice.
- Julks powers Houston past Houston Baptist 6-4 Updated: May-29-15 11:25 pm
HOUSTON - Corey Julks hit a three-run homer in Houston's six-run third inning, Andrew Lantrip scattered nine hits in a complete game, and the Cougars came from behind for a 6-4 win over Houston Baptist in the first round of the Houston Regional on Friday night.
- Houston's Feldman to miss about 6 weeks after knee surgery Updated: May-29-15 7:15 pm
HOUSTON - Houston right-hander Scott Feldman is expected to miss about six weeks after arthroscopic surgery on his right knee.
- Dwight Howard suspended for 1 game after foul upgraded Updated: May-29-15 6:41 pm
- Rockets looking forward after elimination Updated: May-28-15 7:00 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets reached the Western Conference finals for the first time in 18 years before being eliminated in five games by the Golden State Warriors.
- Floods in vulnerable Houston no surprise, despite controls Updated: May-28-15 1:54 pm
HOUSTON - The flooding, property damage and loss of life as torrential rains this week hit the Houston area should be no surprise.
- Texans back at work after weather delay Updated: May-27-15 8:20 pm
HOUSTON - While he enjoyed his offseason, J.J. Watt couldn't wait to get back on the field Wednesday for Houston's first offseason practice.
- "Hard Knocks" coming to Houston Updated: May-27-15 3:43 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Texans will be the stars of this season of "Hard Knocks."