- Indiana to restore wetland, create migratory bird rest stop Updated: Aug-31-15 4:02 am
LAKE VILLAGE, Indiana - State wildlife officials say they'll restore a northwestern Indiana wetland to turn it into a rest stop for stressed-out waterfowl and shore birds during their migrations.
- EXCHANGE: Crop sprayers help farmers fight summer of mud Updated: Aug-27-15 7:56 am
KANKAKEE, Illinois - They make their living at 135 miles per hour, about eight feet off the ground. And, they've never been busier.
- Indiana quarry's discharge worries Illinois river watchers Updated: Aug-24-15 12:47 pm
KANKAKEE, Illinois - A new limestone quarry in northwest Indiana has permits allowing the discharge of water into a tributary of the Kankakee River, raising concerns in Illinois about fish habitat and flooding.
- 70 acres donated in Iroquois County for proposed refuge Updated: Aug-17-15 12:31 pm
KANKAKEE, Illinois - The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has received a donation of 70 acres of land in Iroquois County to go toward establishing the proposed Grand Kankakee Marsh Fish and Wildlife Refuge.
- Kankakee County OKs special use permit for wind farm Updated: Aug-13-15 4:53 am
KANKAKEE, Illinois - Kankakee County officials have approved a special use permit for a wind farm that's expected to be built next year.
- Work start on first station along high-speed rail line Updated: Aug-11-15 4:49 am
KANKAKEE, Illinois - Construction is about to begin on the first station of a planned high-speed rail line between Chicago and St. Louis.