- Real Madrid says Benzema has hamstring injury Updated: Apr-28-16 10:45 am
MADRID - Real Madrid says Karim Benzema has a hamstring injury in his right leg and is doubtful for Wednesday's Champions League game against Manchester City.
- Spanish paternity suit involves bullfighting legend Benitez Updated: Apr-28-16 9:09 am
MADRID - A Spanish court held a hearing Thursday into a decades-old paternity dispute over whether two of Spain*s most well-known bullfighters - men who share the same show name "El Cordobes" - are really father and son. Among the evidence, a DNA test that came back 99.9 percent positive.
- Sticking to its plan, Atletico Madrid keeps surprising Updated: Apr-28-16 7:14 am
MADRID - It's getting harder and harder to bet against Atletico Madrid.
- Bayern loses 1-0 to Atletico in Champions League semifinal Updated: Apr-27-16 6:19 pm
MADRID - An early goal by youngster Saul Niguez gave Atletico Madrid a gritty 1-0 victory over Bayern Munich in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Wednesday.
- Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Man City Updated: Apr-27-16 1:53 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid has been keeping quiet about Cristiano Ronaldo's injury, and his presence in the second leg of the Champions League semifinals is likely to remain a mystery until just before next week's game against Manchester City.
- Nadal to be Spain's flag-bearer at Rio Games Updated: Apr-27-16 1:26 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal is getting a second chance to be Spain's Olympic flag-bearer.
- Atletico Madrid coach Simeone banned for 3 matches Updated: Apr-27-16 10:49 am
MADRID - Diego Simeone will not be able to coach Atletico Madrid for the remaining three matches of the Spanish league season as his team fights with Barcelona for the title.
- Without Ronaldo, Madrid holds City 0-0 in Champions League Updated: Apr-26-16 6:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid failed to turn late domination into a goal without the injured Cristiano Ronaldo as Manchester City held on for a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.
- Suarez and Barcelona lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:52 pm
LONDON - Eight goals in two games for Barcelona sent Luis Suarez straight to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday.
- Group: Western Sahara war is possible if no vote date set Updated: Apr-26-16 12:08 pm
MADRID - A top member of a group seeking independence for Western Sahara warned Tuesday that war is possible over the disputed territory annexed by Morocco if the U.N. Security Council fails to set a timetable for a vote on self-determination.
- Celta Vigo beats Granada, moves closer to 4th place in Spain Updated: Apr-25-16 4:48 pm
MADRID - Striker Iago Aspas scored a goal in each half as Celta Vigo defeated Granada 2-1 on Monday to move closer to fourth place in the Spanish league.
- Ronaldo and Benzema expected to start against Man City Updated: Apr-25-16 3:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane expects Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema to start against Manchester City in the semifinals of the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Official wary of athletes staying outside Olympic village Updated: Apr-25-16 2:26 pm
MADRID - Extra security measures may be needed to protect some athletes staying outside of the Olympic Village during the Rio de Janeiro Games, one of Brazil's top security officials said Monday.
- Spain commemorates the 400th anniversary of Cervantes' death Updated: Apr-23-16 1:10 pm
MADRID - Spain commemorated the 400th anniversary of the death of its best-known writer, Miguel de Cervantes on Saturday.
- Cristiano Ronaldo injured before key matches for Real Madrid Updated: Apr-22-16 9:58 am
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo will miss Real Madrid's next match and is in doubt for the team's Champions League semifinal game at Manchester City.
- Spanish clubs hanging at the forefront of European soccer Updated: Apr-22-16 6:24 am
MADRID - One thing hasn't changed in soccer the last few seasons: The success of Spanish clubs in European competitions.
- Barcelona shows it's still very much alive in Spanish league Updated: Apr-21-16 3:51 pm
MADRID - That's more like it.
- Neymar to play for Brazil at Rio Olympics, not Copa America Updated: Apr-20-16 7:01 pm
MADRID - Neymar will play for Brazil at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics but will skip the Copa America, Barcelona said Wednesday.
- Spain PM holds first talks with Catalan pro-secession leader Updated: Apr-20-16 4:54 pm
MADRID - Catalonia's new separatist leader presented his demand for an independence referendum during his first meeting Wednesday with acting Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy, who rejected it as an unacceptable option for the region that accounts for nearly a fifth of Spain's economic output.
- Luis Enrique tries to restore Barcelona's confidence Updated: Apr-19-16 10:30 am
MADRID - Looking to find a way to end its freefall, Barcelona coach Luis Enrique has his hopes pinned on starting strong against Deportivo in La Coruna.
- Caroline Wozniacki out of Madrid, Rome with injured ankle Updated: Apr-18-16 6:57 pm
Former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki says she is pulling out of clay-court tournaments in Madrid and Rome because of an injured right ankle, putting her status for the French Open in doubt.
- Domestic leagues reject creation of European Super League Updated: Apr-18-16 1:53 pm
MADRID - Europe's domestic football leagues made clear their opposition to a European Super League on Monday, arguing that such a move would end many clubs' dreams of competing at the highest level.
- Madrid mayor: Dog poop culprits may have to clean streets Updated: Apr-18-16 12:28 pm
MADRID - Dog owners in Madrid beware: Pick up after your pooch or face working as a street cleaner.
- Spanish league heats up after unlikely Barcelona collapse Updated: Apr-18-16 11:27 am
MADRID - Not even the most avid fans in Madrid could see this one coming.
- Spain: Princess Cristina's tax fraud accuser is arrested Updated: Apr-15-16 11:54 am
MADRID - Spanish police on Friday arrested the leader of an anti-corruption group that brought criminal tax fraud charges against Princess Cristina amid allegations the group had asked for a big payoff to drop the case.