- Niguez and Isco left off Spain's final squad for Euro 2016 Updated: May-31-16 6:50 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid's Francisco "Isco" Alarcon and Atletico Madrid's Saul Niguez were left off Spain's final squad for the European Championship on Tuesday.
- The Latest: Keane makes it to Ireland squad for Euro 2016 Updated: May-31-16 6:04 pm
LONDON - The Latest on the European Championship squad announcements (all times local):
- Mourinho says he won't obsess about city rival Guardiola Updated: May-31-16 10:23 am
LISBON, Portugal - Jose Mourinho won't let his past rivalry with Pep Guardiola get in the way of his new career at Manchester United.
- Pau Gasol considering skipping Olympics because of Zika Updated: May-30-16 2:48 pm
MADRID - Pau Gasol is considering not playing at the Olympics because of the Zika virus.
- Spain's Prado unveils major exhibit of Dutch master Bosch Updated: May-30-16 8:11 am
MADRID - It may not be the most suitable exhibit for the squeamish but the Prado Museum's 500th anniversary display of the most and best of Dutch Renaissance master Hieronymus Bosch is definitely a must for art lovers, and maybe gore freaks too.
- High-profile tax fraud cases could hurt Spanish soccer Updated: May-30-16 6:53 am
MADRID - Now that the season is over, Lionel Messi is getting ready to go to court.
- Thousands welcome Madrid back home after European triumph Updated: May-29-16 6:55 pm
MADRID - Tens of thousands of fans endured the rain to greet Real Madrid players as they returned home early Sunday from their Champions League triumph, then packed the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium at night to watch them lift the trophy one more time.
- Real Madrid wins Champions League in penalty shootout Updated: May-28-16 7:42 pm
- The Latest: Real Madrid targets more trophies Updated: May-28-16 7:11 pm
MILAN - The Latest on the Champions League final (all times local):
- Spain police nab 7 suspects of large Francis Bacon art heist Updated: May-28-16 11:54 am
MADRID - Seven people suspected of being involved in stealing five paintings by the Irish-born painter Francis Bacon worth more than 25 million euros ($27.8 million) have been arrested, Spanish police said Saturday.
- Cave art trove found in Spain 1,000 feet underground Updated: May-27-16 12:49 pm
MADRID - Spanish archaeologists say they have discovered an exceptional set of Paleolithic-era cave drawings that could rank among the best in a country that already boasts some of the world's most important cave art.
- Mourinho-Guardiola rivalry set to rekindle in England Updated: May-27-16 5:07 am
MADRID - The rivalry between Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola is about to be renewed.
- Zidane feels 'lucky' to be back in Champions League final Updated: May-26-16 2:15 pm
MADRID - Zinedine Zidane couldn't have asked for much more after only five months as Real Madrid's head coach. The former France great has a chance to end the season celebrating the Champions League title, just like he did 14 years ago as a player for the Spanish powerhouse.
- Spanish police seize 74 elephant tusks in Madrid house Updated: May-26-16 10:12 am
MADRID - Spanish police say they seized 74 illegally hunted African elephant tusks worth an estimated 200,000 euros ($222,000) and arrested a man who was trying to legalize possession of them so they could be sold.
- Plenty of players ready to shine in Champions League final Updated: May-26-16 5:06 am
- Study: Man United, Real Madrid soccer's most valuable clubs Updated: May-25-16 7:18 pm
LONDON - Accountancy firm KPMG says Manchester United and Real Madrid are soccer's most valuable clubs, worth an estimated 2.9 billion euros ($3.2 billion) each.
- Cristiano Ronaldo OK after injury scare in Madrid practice Updated: May-24-16 12:31 pm
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo left Real Madrid's training session early after an injury scare on Tuesday, but doctors said the forward is not at risk of missing the Champions League final.
- Zidane says Atletico is good at more than just defending Updated: May-24-16 11:35 am
MADRID - There's more to Atletico Madrid than just a good defense.
- Cats or Cops? Spain police seek fine for lettering on bag Updated: May-24-16 11:11 am
MADRID - A woman in Spain may be fined under the country's public security law for carrying a bag bearing the initials A.C.A.B., which police interpreted to stand for "All Cops Are Bastards" and not "All Cats Are Beautiful," as was written on the bag.
- Cup title gives Barcelona its 27th trophy in last decade Updated: May-23-16 6:35 pm
MADRID - Only by Barcelona's incredibly high standards can winning back-to-back doubles seem like a disappointment.
- Suarez expected to make Copa America trip despite injury Updated: May-23-16 3:16 pm
MADRID - Luis Suarez is expected to travel to the United States to join Uruguay's national team for the Copa America, though he is likely to miss the start of the tournament because of a hamstring injury.
- From champs to flops, assessing the European soccer season Updated: May-23-16 7:00 am
- Luis Suarez in tears after injury, could miss Copa Updated: May-22-16 10:24 pm
MADRID - Luis Suarez' participation in the Copa America Centenario is in doubt after the Uruguay striker left Spain's Copa del Rey final with an apparent muscle injury and in tears on Sunday.
- Barcelona beats Sevilla in extra time to win Copa del Rey Updated: May-22-16 8:05 pm
MADRID - Barcelona finished its season on a high by capturing the Copa del Rey title to add to its Spanish league trophy won just a week ago.
- Poll suggests new election won't break Spain's deadlock Updated: May-22-16 12:56 pm
MADRID - Spain's conservative Popular Party could boost its share of the vote in fresh elections next month but not by a sufficient margin to break the stalemate that has prevented formation of a new government since December, according to a new poll.