- Real Madrid defender Varane out 3 weeks with thigh injury Updated: Nov-27-15 11:49 am
MADRID - Real Madrid says central defender Raphael Varane has been diagnosed with a right thigh injury that will likely sideline him for three weeks, leaving coach Rafa Benitez with a depleted back line.
- Madrid in mayhem heads north to face tiny but tough Eibar Updated: Nov-26-15 6:34 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Rafa Benitez probably never imagined that Sunday's match at Eibar would be a critical test for his coaching credentials at Real Madrid.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City Updated: Nov-25-15 6:36 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrated his return to his first senior club with a goal as Paris Saint-Germain advanced to the knockout phase of the Champions League on Wednesday while Juventus claimed top spot to qualify from Group D with a 1-0 win over Manchester City.
- Atletico beats Galatasaray 2-0, advances in Champions League Updated: Nov-25-15 6:15 pm
MADRID - Antoine Griezmann scored a goal in each half as Atletico Madrid comfortably defeated Galatasaray 2-0 on Wednesday to advance to the knockout stage of the Champions League for the third straight season.
- Ronaldo stars as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-3 Updated: Nov-25-15 5:21 pm
LVIV, Ukraine - Cristiano Ronaldo scored two goals and set up two more as Real Madrid weathered a late Shakhtar Donetsk revival to win 4-3 in the Champions League on Wednesday.
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving Updated: Nov-25-15 4:27 pm
MADRID - It's a good time to be a Barcelona fan. Not so much a Real Madrid one.
- Spanish renewable energy firm in bankruptcy protection steps Updated: Nov-25-15 11:01 am
MADRID - Spanish renewable energy and engineering giant Abengoa says it has begun bankruptcy protection proceedings in a bid to avoid what could be one of the country's largest insolvencies.
- 'Je Suis Paris' is PSG's slogan after attacks in home city Updated: Nov-24-15 5:16 am
"Je suis Paris" will be the declaration from Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday with the French capital still reeling from the attacks that left 130 people dead.
- Benitez hanging on at Real Madrid; Zinedine Zidane next? Updated: Nov-23-15 5:22 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid fans vividly showed their dissatisfaction, frantically waving white "goodbye" handkerchiefs and loudly jeering.
- Perez says Real Madrid remains fully behind Benitez Updated: Nov-23-15 3:03 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid president Florentino Perez insisted Monday that the club remains fully behind coach Rafa Benitez despite the humiliating loss to Barcelona this weekend.
- Barcelona looks to reach next round of Champions League Updated: Nov-23-15 7:17 am
MADRID - Still savoring its memorable win against Real Madrid, Barcelona returns home to face Roma on Tuesday with a chance to reach the knockout stage of the Champions League.
- Barcelona hosts Roma amid heightened security measures Updated: Nov-22-15 10:33 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Fresh from its domestic demolition of Real Madrid, Barcelona will be aiming to advance to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th straight year when it hosts Roma on Tuesday.
- Inter moves clear at top of Serie A on low-key day in Europe Updated: Nov-22-15 6:58 pm
MILAN - Inter Milan moved two points clear at the top of Serie A with a 4-0 win over struggling Frosinone in an otherwise subdued Sunday for Europe's major leagues.
- Levante beats Sporting to escape bottom of Spanish league Updated: Nov-22-15 8:23 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Deyverson scored twice in Levante's 3-0 win at Sporting Gijon to move the team off the bottom of the Spanish league on Sunday.
- In Barca's big win, Iniesta wins over Madrid smarting fans Updated: Nov-22-15 8:12 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Andres Iniesta has won it all with Barcelona, even the applause of its fiercest rival's fans.
- Messi on the bench for Real Madrid vs. Barcelona Updated: Nov-21-15 12:05 pm
MADRID - Lionel Messi will be on the bench when Barcelona plays at Real Madrid in the first "clasico" of the season on Saturday.
- Stadiums on red alert as football resumes after Paris terror Updated: Nov-19-15 11:31 am
PARIS - Fear and trepidation, rather than excitement and thrills, may grip fans when Europe's domestic soccer leagues resume this weekend in the wake of deadly terror attacks in Paris.
- Spain moves to ban Man City fan who attacked officer Updated: Nov-19-15 9:54 am
MADRID - Spanish authorities say they have moved to ban a Manchester City fan from sporting events in Spain for two years after he attacked a police officer in a Champions League game this month.
- Suarez says Messi looks sharp ahead of the 'clasico' Updated: Nov-18-15 6:15 pm
MADRID - Lionel Messi appears to be ready to play this weekend's "clasico" against Real Madrid according to Barcelona teammate Luis Suarez.
- Unprecedented security measures in place for Madrid vs Barca Updated: Nov-18-15 4:33 pm
MADRID - Spanish officials are promising unprecedented security measures for Saturday's soccer match between Real Madrid and Barcelona following the attacks in Paris.
- Del Bosque: Spanish players wanted to play Belgium friendly Updated: Nov-17-15 7:15 am
MADRID - Spanish players were keen to play the friendly against Belgium and were disappointed with its cancellation because of security concerns, Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque said Tuesday.
- Spain's Guardia Civil protest seeking better work rights Updated: Nov-14-15 12:35 pm
MADRID - Around 10,000 personnel belonging to the Guardia Civil (Civil Guard) branch of Spain's police forces have marched in Madrid demanding better employment conditions and workers' rights.
- Madrid sets parking, speed restrictions to control pollution Updated: Nov-13-15 3:53 am
MADRID - Street parking for non-residents has been banned in central Madrid and speed limits reduced on access highways in a bid to reduce pollution levels that have left the city covered with a murky brown cap that can be seen from afar.
- Spain's Repsol posts net loss in Q3 on falling prices Updated: Nov-12-15 4:13 am
MADRID - Spanish energy company Repsol says it posted a net loss in the third quarter owing to the slump in oil prices and U.S. asset write-downs.
- Isco dropped from Spain squad because of muscle fatigue Updated: Nov-11-15 10:35 am
MADRID - The Spanish soccer federation says Francisco Alarcon "Isco" has been dropped from the national team because of muscle fatigue.