- Allegri: team character will help Juventus against Barcelona Updated: Jun-01-15 3:06 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri believes his team's strength of character could be the deciding factor in Saturday's Champions League final against Barcelona.
- Benitez arrives in Spain for talks on Real Madrid contract Updated: Jun-01-15 8:42 am
MADRID - Rafa Benitez has arrived in Spain where he is expected to sign a contract to become Real Madrid's new coach.
- Spanish police arrest 3, seize cocaine hidden in pineapples Updated: May-31-15 10:37 am
MADRID - Spanish police say they have arrested three suspects and seized 200 kilograms (441 pounds) of cocaine that had been concealed within a shipment of pineapples that arrived at the southwestern port of Algeciras in containers sent from Central America.
- Spain: Scuffles during protest against leftist Podemos party Updated: May-30-15 9:53 am
MADRID - Scuffles have broken out during a small demonstration against the radical leftist Podemos (We Can) party in Madrid six days after local elections boosted its power base in several of Spain's regions.
- Spain makes US rapid force at Moron base permanent Updated: May-29-15 9:37 am
MADRID - The Spanish government approved an accord Friday permanently granting the U.S. military a presence at a southwestern base as a center for a rapid reaction force to deal with crises in Africa and elsewhere.
- Benitez leaving Napoli, raising chance of Real Madrid move Updated: May-28-15 8:01 am
ROME - Rafa Benitez bids goodbye to Napoli on Thursday, raising the possibility he will move to Real Madrid.
- Enraged voters reject political status quo in Spain, Poland Updated: May-26-15 11:10 am
MADRID - Reeling from punishment at the polls, Spain's major parties prepared Tuesday for negotiations with anti-establishment newcomer groups while Poland's governing party assessed how to reconnect with voters who ousted the president.
- Real Madrid fires coach Ancelotti after disappointing season Updated: May-25-15 4:51 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid fired coach Carlo Ancelotti on Monday as the Spanish club again showed it won't tolerate a season without a major trophy.
- Spain leader blames austerity, scandals for election result Updated: May-25-15 2:08 pm
MADRID - Spain's prime minister acknowledged Monday he was disappointed with his party's showing in local elections, which he attributed largely to austerity measures his government was compelled to take during Europe's recent debt crisis and a recent string of political scandals.
- Ancelotti: 'I continue at Madrid, or I take yearlong break' Updated: May-23-15 5:18 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti says he will take a year off from coaching if he is let go by the Spanish club.
- Norwegian 16-year-old Martin Odegaard debuts for Real Madrid Updated: May-23-15 3:59 pm
MADRID - Sixteen-year-old Martin Odegaard made his debut with Real Madrid's first team on the final day of the Spanish league Saturday.
- Court releases 4 suspects in soccer fight death Updated: May-22-15 9:06 am
MADRID - A Spanish court has released four suspects in the death of a soccer fan following a brutal street fight between rival "ultra" groups in the Spanish capital in November.
- Spanish opposition parties challenge new 'gag law' Updated: May-22-15 6:25 am
MADRID - Spanish opposition parties have filed an appeal against the conservative government's new Public Security Law, known as the "gag law," before the Constitutional Court, a court spokeswoman said Friday.
- Spain's Princess Leonor breaks tradition with 1st communion Updated: May-20-15 10:18 am
MADRID - Princess Leonor, heir to the Spanish throne, has celebrated her first communion in a low-key ceremony that broke with tradition.
- Barcelona wins Spanish title, Man United looking at 4th Updated: May-17-15 7:50 pm
Barcelona clinched its 23rd Spanish league title on Sunday thanks to Lionel Messi.
- Barcelona wins Spanish title, Man United looking at 4th Updated: May-17-15 6:32 pm
Barcelona clinched its 23rd Spanish league title on Sunday thanks to - who else - Lionel Messi.
- Real Madrid beats Olympiakos 78-59 to win Euroleague title Updated: May-17-15 4:26 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid pulled away in the last four minutes to beat Olympiakos 78-59 Sunday and win a ninth Euroleague title in front of its home fans.
- How Barcelona won its 23rd Spanish league title Updated: May-17-15 3:33 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - With Lionel Messi back to his very best, Barcelona brushed aside legal troubles and Real Madrid's vigorous challenge to win the Spanish league title in Sunday's penultimate round. The Catalan club could still go on to win a treble, having reached the final of the Champions League and Copa del Rey.
- Van Gaal: De Gea could join Real Madrid Updated: May-17-15 2:09 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says the club will find it difficult to stop goalkeeper David de Gea joining Real Madrid in the offseason.
- Olympiakos beats CSKA 70-68 to reach Euroleague final Updated: May-15-15 2:44 pm
MADRID - Point guard Vassilis Spanoulis scored 11 fourth-quarter points Friday, including the go-ahead 3-pointer, to lead Olympiakos to a 70-68 comeback win over CSKA Moscow and into the Euroleague final.
- Court suspends strike in Spanish league Updated: May-14-15 6:56 am
MADRID - A Spanish court has suspended a strike called by the soccer players' union, allowing the final two rounds of the season to go forward.
- Juventus ousts Real Madrid to reach Champions League final Updated: May-13-15 7:14 pm
MADRID - Many of the 78,133 fans in Estadio Santiago Bernabeu had shocked expressions on their faces. Some held their heads in their hands.
- Juventus draws 1-1 with Real Madrid to reach CL final Updated: May-13-15 6:49 pm
MADRID - Juventus came back from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Real Madrid on Wednesday and line up a Champions League final against Barcelona with a 3-2 victory on aggregate.
- Spain: Diplomat probed in Brazil killing could lose immunity Updated: May-13-15 5:58 pm
MADRID - Spain's foreign minister said Wednesday that the security chief for the country's embassy in Brazil, under investigation in his wife's death, could lose diplomatic immunity if the probe determines that the case is domestic violence.
- The Latest: 2nd half starts, and Juventus needs to score Updated: May-13-15 3:59 pm
MADRID - The Latest from the Champions League semifinal match between Real Madrid and Juventus at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium: