- NYC is creating a new police precinct in Queens Updated: May-03-16 12:19 pm
NEW YORK - New York City is creating a new police precinct. The move is designed to speed up emergency responses and expand coverage in the growing neighborhoods of southeast Queens.
- Cops: Connecticut man arrested with loaded gun at NY airport Updated: Apr-29-16 2:28 pm
NEW YORK - Authorities say a Connecticut man has been arrested after they discovered he was carrying a loaded handgun during a security screening at LaGuardia Airport.
- Appeals court upholds conviction of ex-NYC councilman Updated: Apr-28-16 4:33 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City councilman's bribery and fraud conviction and 10-year prison term was upheld Thursday by an appeals court that rejected various arguments, including that the First Amendment protects some bribes.
- New York sex offender faces up to 2 years in prison Updated: Apr-26-16 4:00 pm
NEW YORK - A registered sex offender who was wearing an electronic tracking device when he abused two New York City subway riders faces up to two years in prison.
- Cabbie killed in crash on Long Island's Hempstead Turnpike Updated: Apr-23-16 2:15 pm
FRANKLIN SQUARE, New York - A cab driver has been killed and another driver has been arrested after a crash on Long Island.
- Lawyer: Cops beat postman who gave road directions to killer Updated: Apr-20-16 2:28 pm
NEW YORK - Two New York Police Department detectives are charged with assaulting a FedEx worker who they knew had given street directions to a stranger who went on to kill two policemen minutes later.
- Queens man gets 28 years in prison for killing ex-girlfriend Updated: Apr-20-16 6:56 am
NEW YORK - A Queens man who admitted to killing his ex-girlfriend and hiding her bloody body in the trunk of her car is heading to prison.
- NY lawmaker asks for inquiry into police-involved shooting Updated: Apr-20-16 6:16 am
NEW YORK - A New York legislator has asked Gov. Andrew Cuomo to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the fatal shooting of a 32-year-old man in Queens over the weekend.
- NYC man faces prison for wounding police officer Updated: Apr-19-16 4:51 pm
NEW YORK - A man could face 50 years to life in prison for wounding a New York City police officer who was rescuing a woman and child.
- 2 killed in fires in Brooklyn and Queens Updated: Apr-19-16 5:24 am
NEW YORK - Police say two people have died in separate house fires in New York City.
- NYPD: Skateboarder struck and killed in Queens Updated: Apr-17-16 11:10 pm
NEW YORK - Police say an 18-year-old skateboarder was struck and killed by a vehicle in Queens.
- Cocaine found in coffee bags arriving in NY from Jamaica Updated: Apr-17-16 12:48 pm
NEW YORK - Authorities say a Jamaican woman faces narcotics smuggling charges after cocaine was found in bags of coffee in her luggage after she arrived at New York's Kennedy Airport.
- Cabbie slash suspect may also be linked to shelter death Updated: Apr-16-16 7:47 pm
NEW YORK - Police on Saturday were hunting for a man suspected of cutting a cabbie's throat during an attempted robbery, and who may also be involved in the death of a man at a New York City homeless shelter.
- Military vehicle overturns in New Jersey, hurting 4 soldiers Updated: Apr-14-16 10:06 pm
SOUTH BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - A military vehicle has overturned on the New Jersey Turnpike, seriously injuring four soldiers.
- NY Empire makes World Team Tennis debut in Forest Hills Updated: Apr-13-16 9:45 am
NEW YORK - The New York Empire will face the five-time defending champion Washington Kastles for their World Team Tennis debut at the historic West Side Tennis Club.
- They love NY: Sanders, Trump and Clinton's New York ties Updated: Apr-13-16 7:07 am
NEW YORK - Three presidential candidates call themselves New Yorkers. Bernie Sanders is from Brooklyn, Donald Trump is from Queens, and Hillary Clinton owns a home in Westchester and represented New York in the U.S. Senate. Despite these bonafides, the three contenders have been falling all over themselves to prove how much they love New York as the state's April 19 presidential primary nears. Sanders ate a hot dog on Coney Island, Trump visited the 9/11 museum and donated $100,000 to it, and Clinton rode the subway - though she had to swipe her MetroCard five times to get it to work.
- Soprano stars in Met Opera HD broadcast as angry queen Updated: Apr-12-16 9:24 am
NEW YORK - Portraying an aging, embittered Queen Elizabeth is hard work, but for Sondra Radvanovsky there's a moment late in Donizetti's opera "Roberto Devereux" that's a real guilty pleasure.
- Police ID body of NY man missing after small plane crash Updated: Apr-11-16 6:24 pm
SETAUKET, New York - Police say a body found on Long Island has been identified as Gerson Salmon-Negron, a 23-year-old Queens man who went missing after a small plane crash.
- Man sentenced for stabbing wife 150 times as kids screamed Updated: Apr-11-16 3:14 pm
NEW YORK - A man who stabbed his wife about 150 times as their three children tried to stop him has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
- Ogden Mills Phipps, owner and horse racing giant, dies at 75 Updated: Apr-07-16 4:32 pm
NEW YORK - Ogden Mills "Dinny" Phipps, a prominent thoroughbred owner and breeder whose stable produced 2013 Kentucky Derby winner Orb, has died. He was 75.
- Police: Cellphone thief hit by train after fleeing on tracks Updated: Apr-06-16 5:28 am
NEW YORK - Police say a man accused of snatching a cellphone from a 13-year-old boy was hit by a subway train as he tried to flee on the tracks in Queens.
- Man charged in robbery, shooting of Knicks' player Updated: Apr-05-16 7:54 am
NEW YORK - A Brooklyn man has been charged in the robbery and shooting of New York Knicks player Cleanthony Early outside a Queens strip club in December.
- The Latest: New England spots break April 4 snowfall records Updated: Apr-04-16 6:53 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on the springtime storm sweeping through the Northeast (all times local):
- Officials: High winds Sunday topple hundreds of trees in NYC Updated: Apr-04-16 6:32 am
NEW YORK - Whipping winds have toppled hundreds of trees across New York City.
- Firefighters battle 5-alarm fire at Queens dry cleaners Updated: Apr-03-16 9:47 pm
NEW YORK - Firefighters battled a 5-alarm fire that destroyed a dry cleaners shop in Long Island City, Queens.