- Some lawmakers say some police ill-equipped for overdoses Updated: May-01-16 3:31 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A group of 22 lawmakers backs a bill to require more rigorous medical training for police officers.
- Part of apartment complex opens at Lansing ballpark Updated: Apr-29-16 1:20 am
LANSING, Michigan - Part of an apartment complex that sits behind the outfield at a minor league baseball park in downtown Lansing has opened.
- Michigan officials update rules on furbearing animal hunting Updated: Apr-26-16 9:03 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan officials have updated rules on hunting coyotes and other furbearing animals.
- Lansing utility's computer network affected by cyberattack Updated: Apr-26-16 5:41 am
LANSING, Michigan - Officials say the Lansing Board of Water and Light's computer network was the subject of a cyberattack that disrupted administrative operations.
- Legislative panel to hold 5th hearing on Flint crisis Updated: Apr-24-16 3:58 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A legislative committee created to review Flint's water crisis will hear next from top-ranking leaders in Gov. Rick Snyder's administration.
- Magic Johnson raises money for Lansing scholarship program Updated: Apr-22-16 1:45 am
LANSING, Michigan - Basketball star Magic Johnson has returned to his hometown of Lansing, raising money for a scholarship program.
- Lansing mayor calls for moratorium on new medical pot shops Updated: Apr-18-16 4:58 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Mayor Virg Bernero wants to stop further openings of shops that sell medical marijuana in Lansing until new regulations governing them are approved by the city council.
- Major solar energy project operational in western Michigan Updated: Apr-18-16 6:53 am
ALLENDALE, Michigan - A major solar energy project is up and running in western Michigan.
- 2 state high court justices speaking at commission meeting Updated: Apr-17-16 7:00 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Two Michigan Supreme Court justices will speak at an East Lansing meeting of the Michigan Women's Commission.
- Exit of 2 Republicans opens door for US House candidates Updated: Apr-17-16 4:10 am
LANSING, Michigan - The departure of two Michigan Republicans from Congress at year's end is opening the door for potentially bruising contests to succeed them, including in one swing seat that could be among the more fiercely fought nationwide.
- Dems say 2016 best shot to win Michigan House, GOP rebuffs Updated: Apr-16-16 4:10 am
LANSING, Michigan - The political pressure for seats in the Michigan House is revving up as the calendar approaches the candidate filing deadline on Tuesday, with some Democrats saying they may have a political edge this year.
- Housing rates increasing for Michigan State University dorms Updated: Apr-15-16 11:15 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Room-and-board rates for Michigan State University students who live in dorms will increase 2.75 percent for the 2016-17 academic year.
- Patrol officers in Lansing now using body-worn cameras Updated: Apr-14-16 11:41 am
BAY CITY, Michigan - Officials say patrol officers in Lansing are now using body cameras.
- State grant to help pay for roads around physics facility Updated: Apr-13-16 2:29 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - State officials have awarded a $3 million grant for road projects to support the operation of a nuclear science facility being built at Michigan State University.
- East Lansing studying cleanup issues in $22M development Updated: Apr-13-16 5:29 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - East Lansing officials are studying environmental cleanup issues associated with a proposed $22 million development located east of the city's downtown.
- Michigan State University's campus power plant now coal-free Updated: Apr-12-16 11:11 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University is no longer burning coal at the power plant on its East Lansing campus.
- Lansing woman charged in infant son's death pleads guilty Updated: Apr-12-16 2:54 am
LANSING, Michigan - A 24-year-old Lansing woman charged in her 2-month-old son's death has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.
- Doctor who was lawmaker to plead guilty in insurance probe Updated: Apr-11-16 11:26 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A Lansing-area doctor who served years ago in the Michigan Legislature is accused of making false statements to an insurance company to get paid.
- Exhibit in Lansing seeks to show people how the blind adjust Updated: Apr-10-16 5:21 pm
LANSING, Michigan - An exhibit at the Library of Michigan in Lansing seeks to show people how the blind adjust to the lack of sight.
- Michigan GOP elects Rob Steele as new national committeeman Updated: Apr-09-16 8:42 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Republicans elected a new key party official Saturday during the state's GOP convention, choosing Rob Steele as the next Michigan national committeeman.
- Trump to get 25 Michigan delegates at national convention Updated: Apr-09-16 7:44 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan's role in picking the next GOP nominee at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland this summer is set with more national delegates pledged to vote for businessman Donald Trump because he won the primary in the state last month.
- Dentist strikes deal after sex convictions are overturned Updated: Apr-07-16 5:56 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A Lansing-area dentist has pleaded no contest to child abuse, months after his sexual assault convictions were thrown out by the Michigan appeals court.
- Power restored at Michigan State University following outage Updated: Apr-07-16 5:27 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Electricity has been restored to 40 buildings at Michigan State University after an outage that lasted about 90 minutes.
- 3 Michigan professors to be honored at Lansing event Updated: Apr-06-16 9:06 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Three professors who teach math, chemistry and journalism are being honored as the best this year in Michigan.
- Lansing mayor defends $160K payout for former city attorney Updated: Apr-06-16 2:22 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Lansing's mayor is defending his handling of a separation agreement with a former city attorney who left her job last month with payout of more than $160,000.