- AG Schuette reports income of about $454,000 in 2015 Updated: May-27-16 2:27 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette and his wife saw their income rise significantly last year to nearly $454,000.
- Lansing-area Korean War veteran gets long-overdue medals Updated: May-27-16 11:08 am
HOLT, Michigan - A man being honored at a Lansing-area parade is an 84-year-old veteran who waited decades to get his Purple Heart and other service medals.
- Doctor who was lawmaker to make restitution before sentence Updated: May-26-16 3:35 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A Lansing-area doctor who served in the state Legislature has agreed to pay $173,000 to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan before he's sentenced for making false statements.
- Crews move Magic Johnson statue amid $50M renovation project Updated: May-26-16 12:38 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Construction crews at Michigan State University's Breslin Center have moved a statue of Earvin "Magic" Johnson as part of an ongoing $50 million renovation project.
- Aide refused to send ex-Michigan lawmaker's false email Updated: May-25-16 6:27 pm
LANSING, Michigan - An aide testified Wednesday that a former Michigan lawmaker asked him to send an outlandishly false, sexually explicit email to thousands of fellow Republicans as a ruse so his extramarital affair with another legislator would not be believed if it became public, but the staffer refused because he thought it was unethical and possibly illegal.
- The Latest: Aide: Lawmaker asked me to send false email Updated: May-25-16 12:26 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Latest on the prosecution of two former Michigan lawmakers who were forced from office (all times local):
- Actor-director Timothy Busfield will work at Michigan State Updated: May-24-16 2:34 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Emmy-winning actor Timothy Busfield will share his skills with students at Michigan State University.
- National Science Foundation boosts electric fish research Updated: May-24-16 11:26 am
- Police: Several pieces of art stolen from Michigan festival Updated: May-24-16 9:01 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Police say several pieces of art were stolen from last weekend's East Lansing Art Festival.
- Slippery seats: Sloped transit center benches irk travelers Updated: May-23-16 10:32 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Some travelers aren't pleased with sloped metal benches that are designed to discourage loitering at a Lansing-area train and bus station.
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: May-23-16 10:01 am
The Detroit News. May 17, 2016
- Michigan DNR opens new service center in Lansing Updated: May-22-16 5:01 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Department of Natural Resources has established a customer service center in Lansing.
- Michigan bill requires equal health coverage of cancer drugs Updated: May-21-16 10:15 am
LANSING, Michigan - Cancer patients and survivors are lobbying lawmakers to make Michigan the latest in a long line of states to require equal insurance coverage of chemotherapy regardless of whether the drugs are given by needle or taken orally.
- Military aircraft to conduct low-level flights in some areas Updated: May-20-16 1:27 pm
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Fighter and refueling aircraft from Selfridge Air National Guard Base are expected to conduct flights next week over the Detroit River, downtown Detroit and other areas in Michigan.
- Michigan officials expand chronic wasting disease test zone Updated: May-19-16 9:06 pm
LANSING, Michigan - State regulators have expanded the area in south-central Michigan where deer killed by hunters must be tested for chronic wasting disease.
- Lansing woman sentenced to prison in 2-month-old son's death Updated: May-19-16 5:34 am
LANSING, Michigan - A 24-year-old Lansing woman who pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the death of her 2-month-old son has been sentenced to 27½ to 60 years in prison.
- Program to celebrate orchard in Lansing neighborhood Updated: May-18-16 8:59 pm
LANSING, Michigan - City officials are expected to discuss Lansing's revitalization efforts while showcasing a fruit tree orchard on a site where a vacant house and weed-grown lot once stood.
- Retired Justice Cavanagh to see portrait at Supreme Court Updated: May-17-16 8:52 pm
LANSING, Michigan - One of the longest-serving justices at the Michigan Supreme Court is being honored with his official portrait.
- Michigan cities get OK to influence wages on public projects Updated: May-17-16 4:39 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court says cities and villages have the power to determine wages on public construction projects.
- East Lansing law to rein in celebratory fires struck down Updated: May-17-16 10:33 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - A 1999 ordinance aimed at preventing raucous rallies near Michigan State University has been declared unconstitutional.
- Muslim group returns to Lansing for annual advocacy day Updated: May-16-16 8:09 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Muslims from around Michigan are heading to Lansing to meet with state representatives and discuss concerns about hate speech against immigrants and Muslims.
- Trees felled in Lansing to avoid roosting by bats Updated: May-16-16 1:57 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Several hundred trees have been felled at the future site of a development and park in Lansing to prevent nesting by federally protected bat species.
- Flowers distributed in neighborhood beautification program Updated: May-14-16 9:29 am
LANSING, Michigan - Planting kits containing more than 8,000 annual and perennial flowers, mulch and compost for neighborhood beautification have been distributed to organizations in Lansing.
- Michigan schools getting opportunity to merge sports teams Updated: May-13-16 2:36 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan High School Athletic Association is making it easier to build some teams with students from two or more schools.
- Ex-lawmaker Whitmer named interim Ingham County prosecutor Updated: May-11-16 5:34 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A former high-ranking state lawmaker will serve as Ingham County prosecutor for six months once the current prosecutor resigns over charges that he hired prostitutes.