- Hackers strike at data of thousands of Catholic workers Updated: Aug-29-15 1:37 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Hackers cracked a computer network and got access to Social Security numbers and other personal information of more than 10,000 people who work for Roman Catholic churches or church affiliates around Michigan.
- Developer erects 22-foot sculpture in downtown Lansing Updated: Aug-27-15 2:44 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A 22-foot tall metal sculpture now towers over downtown Lansing as a tribute to local blue-collar workers and the area's industrial history.
- No criminal charges in death of Lansing police inmate Updated: Aug-27-15 11:36 am
LANSING, Michigan - No criminal charges will be filed in the death of a 39-year-old Grand Ledge man who was found unresponsive while in custody at a Lansing police lockup.
- Kasich adds Lansing-area stop to swing through Michigan Updated: Aug-26-15 12:03 pm
BATH TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Republican presidential candidate John Kasich plans to add another public stop to next week's swing through Michigan.
- Woman charged after 3 children kidnapped from Lansing home Updated: Aug-24-15 2:11 pm
LANSING, Michigan - An 18-year-old woman has been charged with kidnapping after three children went missing from their Lansing home.
- Residents with solar panels protest Michigan energy measure Updated: Aug-19-15 12:16 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Advocates of installing solar panels on rooftops are protesting Michigan legislation they warn would make it harder for residents to reduce utility bills with their own renewable energy sources.
- Panel OKs bill requiring withholding of Detroit income tax Updated: Aug-19-15 12:05 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan legislators took a step Wednesday to help Detroit collect unpaid city income taxes from residents who work in the suburbs, a move linked to efforts to persuade Democrats from the city to back an elusive $1.2 billion road-funding plan.
- Group working to beautify alleys in downtown East Lansing Updated: Aug-18-15 3:13 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - A group of city officials and residents has come up with proposals to beautify two alleys in downtown East Lansing.
- News Guide: A look at the sex scandal in Michigan's Capitol Updated: Aug-15-15 5:05 am
LANSING, Michigan - A bizarre sex scandal involving Michigan lawmakers and their potential misuse of public resources in a cover-up plot possibly prompted by blackmail shows no signs of abating.
- Days are numbered for Lansing coal-burning power plant Updated: Aug-13-15 2:16 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A coal-fired power plant that supplies electricity to downtown Lansing and a General Motors factory probably will close in four years or less.
- Probe clears coaches after softball player's complaint Updated: Aug-11-15 11:38 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - An internal Michigan State University investigation has cleared two coaches of any wrongdoing after a former player said one of them intentionally hit her with balls.
- Actress Melissa Gilbert to run for Congress in Michigan Updated: Aug-10-15 6:44 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Former "Little House on the Prairie" star Melissa Gilbert announced her candidacy for a Michigan congressional seat on Monday, saying "fresh voices" are needed to help improve the economy for people who have fallen behind.
- Trial ordered for man accused of lying in deputy death trial Updated: Aug-10-15 2:07 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A Stockbridge man faces trial on charges he lied while testifying in another trial over the death of an Ingham County sheriff's deputy who crashed during a chase.
- Teachers hope to take guitar-themed lessons into classrooms Updated: Aug-08-15 1:10 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Dave Haggadone traveled all the way from Lansing, Michigan, to master the art of building an electric guitar.
- Coins, tooth among items in Lansing unclaimed goods auction Updated: Aug-07-15 1:53 am
LANSING, Michigan - The state of Michigan is hosting an auction of unclaimed items from safety deposit boxes, including coins, watches and a human tooth.
- Police: Drive-by shooting in Lansing wounds 5-year-old girl Updated: Aug-06-15 11:29 am
LANSING, Michigan - Police say a drive-by shooting outside a home in Lansing has wounded a 5-year-old girl.
- Public art project to use murals to help brighten underpass Updated: Aug-06-15 6:28 am
LANSING, Michigan - A public art project seeks to brighten the dark area under a bridge along the border between Lansing and East Lansing.
- Boy Scouts come to East Lansing for honor society conference Updated: Aug-05-15 8:32 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University's campus is hosting 15,000 Boy Scouts and adult leaders as part of the 100th anniversary conference for the group's national honor society.
- Lost fortune: $1 million lottery prize unclaimed in Michigan Updated: Aug-05-15 5:36 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Well, someone really blew it.
- Michigan St. basketball player Eron Harris takes plea deal Updated: Aug-05-15 4:05 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State basketball player Eron Harris has pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of reckless driving, weeks after he was charged with drunken driving.
- Michigan doctor defends practice amid investigation by FBI Updated: Aug-03-15 7:01 am
LANSING, Michigan - A doctor who was a former member of the Michigan House says federal authorities are mistaken in investigating his medical practice.