- Column: Harbaugh is... 'The Most Interesting Man in Big Ten' Updated: Jul-31-15 6:15 pm
CHICAGO - Compared to the rest of Jim Harbaugh's year, this was tame stuff.
- Wandering turkey causes stir at University of Michigan Updated: Jul-30-15 2:07 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A wandering turkey is causing a stir at the University of Michigan.
- Harbaugh discusses football dreams, helmet stickers Updated: Jul-28-15 5:19 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Jim Harbaugh can usually sense when the start of the season is close.
- Michigan ending legends program, retiring jersey numbers Updated: Jul-28-15 2:28 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Michigan will retire six jersey numbers in a ceremony at the Ohio State game Nov. 28, ending the school's "legends program" in which players were given the same numbers as some of the team's all-time greats.
- Police: Student falls to death through Ann Arbor glass roof Updated: Jul-24-15 11:58 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Police say a 21-year-old University of Michigan student died after falling through the glass roof of the Nickels Arcade in Ann Arbor.
- Amtrak testing retractable platform at station in Ann Arbor Updated: Jul-23-15 6:31 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The Amtrak station in Ann Arbor is testing a retractable platform designed to make it easier and faster for people with wheelchairs, strollers or luggage get on and off trains.
- Chief justice says no quick way to sack Ann Arbor judge Updated: Jul-23-15 10:02 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Michigan's chief justice says there's no immediate way to remove an Ann Arbor judge who collects a salary despite being stripped of his courtroom duties.
- University of Michigan settles disability bias lawsuit Updated: Jul-23-15 2:34 am
- Study: Appointment availability up after Medicaid expansion Updated: Jul-22-15 4:05 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A University of Michigan study says Medicaid recipients had an easier time scheduling a primary care appointment after Michigan's expansion of Medicaid insurance to hundreds of thousands low-income adults under the federal health law.
- University of Michigan professor nominated for Fed board Updated: Jul-21-15 2:40 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - University of Michigan President Mark Schlissel says he's "pleased and proud" that professor and economist Kathryn Dominguez is being nominated to serve on the Federal Reserve board of governors.
- University of Michigan opens test "city" for autonomous cars Updated: Jul-20-15 3:38 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Automakers and researchers say a new simulated city at the University of Michigan could help speed the development of driverless and connected cars.
- Man sues University of Michigan over campus gun ban Updated: Jul-20-15 1:46 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A lawsuit has been filed against the University of Michigan by an Ann Arbor man who says his request to openly carry a gun on campus was denied.
- 4th teen charged in Michigan State student's death Updated: Jul-18-15 3:55 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A fourth teen from Saline has been charged in connection with the death of a Michigan State University student.
- Harbaugh Effect? Michigan reports increase in ticket sales Updated: Jul-16-15 1:05 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - It looks like Jim Harbaugh is already helping Michigan at the box office.
- Man acquitted in football player slaying faces new charges Updated: Jul-16-15 10:28 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A man who was acquitted of murder and other charges in the 2013 robbery and killing of Eastern Michigan University wide receiver Demarius Reed is facing charges in a Detroit shooting.
- Domino's Pizza beats Street 2Q forecasts Updated: Jul-16-15 7:23 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Domino's Pizza Inc. (DPZ) on Thursday reported second-quarter net income of $45.9 million.
- Dexter chocolate-maker launches community supported program Updated: Jul-16-15 4:18 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Mindo Chocolate Makers, a small company producing artisanal and sustainable chocolate in Dexter, is offering a unique program the owners are calling "Community Supported Chocolate." For $150, participants in the CSC will receive three shares of Mindo chocolate products throughout the fall.
- Annual art fairs attract crowds on opening day in Ann Arbor Updated: Jul-15-15 4:23 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Crowds have turned out under sunny skies for the opening day of Ann Arbor for the city's annual art fairs.
- Michigan's deal with Nike worth $169 million Updated: Jul-15-15 3:59 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The University of Michigan's new apparel and equipment deal with Nike is worth $169 million, with a nearly even split between annual cash and apparel value.
- Group works with power business to boost osprey population Updated: Jul-15-15 8:52 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A nonprofit group is working with an electricity transmission company and Ann Arbor park officials to install osprey nesting platforms along the Huron River.
- Ann Arbor judge prohibited from hearing cases amid scandal Updated: Jul-14-15 5:59 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A judge in Ann Arbor's 15th District Court won't be allowed to hear any more cases because of text messages he sent to a local attorney, according to officials
- Foundation pledges $60 million to University of Michigan Updated: Jul-13-15 5:40 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A foundation has given $60 million to the University of Michigan for students and alumni entrepreneurship programs.
- Meetings planned on possible new passenger rail service Updated: Jul-10-15 12:32 pm
HOLLAND, Michigan - More public meetings are planned on proposed new passenger rail service that could connect Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids and Holland.
- Ann Arbor mayor available to officiate marriages - for free Updated: Jul-10-15 12:29 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Ann Arbor's mayor is offering up his services to officiate marriages - for free.
- Correction: Health System-Fire story Updated: Jul-08-15 11:04 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - In a story July 2 about a fire at the University of Michigan Health System's cardiovascular center, The Associated Press, relying on information from The Ann Arbor News, misidentified the agency that is investigating the fire. The investigating agency is the Michigan Bureau of Fire Services, not the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration.