- State investigates fire that injured health system patient Updated: Jul-02-15 8:40 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration has launched an investigation to determine the circumstances surrounding a fire in a procedure room of the University of Michigan Health System's cardiovascular center in Ann Arbor.
- University of Michigan cans food company over stored alcohol Updated: Jun-30-15 8:14 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A University of Michigan spokesman says the school canceled a contract with a food service provider because it was illegally storing alcohol in a campus research complex.
- Body of Ypsilanti man found on University of Michigan campus Updated: Jun-28-15 3:08 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A University of Michigan police spokeswoman says the body of a 22-year-old man has been found near an administration building on the school's Ann Arbor campus.
- Report: Michigan, Pipkins in disagreement over health Updated: Jun-26-15 8:25 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Michigan defensive lineman Ondre Pipkins tells ESPN.com he plans to transfer, and he says the Wolverines' staff asked him to sign a medical scholarship form that would have halted his career.
- Addressing gridlock will require additional road investments Updated: Jun-26-15 11:21 am
LANSING, Michigan - While the Michigan Legislature debates how to put an additional $1.2 billion annually toward repairing roads, the state may be facing another transportation funding crunch as congestion grows on some of its major thoroughfares.
- 11 percent of UM students report unwanted sexual behavior Updated: Jun-24-15 6:23 pm
DETROIT - About 11 percent of University of Michigan students say they experienced some form of sexual behavior without their consent in the past year, according to what the university said Wednesday was the first detailed data on sexual misconduct on its Ann Arbor campus.
- Judge rules against Ohio abortion clinic restrictions Updated: Jun-19-15 6:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A judge in Ohio declared restrictions imposed on a Toledo abortion clinic unconstitutional on Friday, allowing the facility to remain open for now.
- Shinola Detroit opens Ann Arbor store in former gallery Updated: Jun-17-15 12:49 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The brown paper that has lined the windows for months has been peeled off to reveal the long-anticipated Shinola Detroit: Ann Arbor.
- Ann Arbor City Council asks for legal advice on tiny houses Updated: Jun-16-15 6:23 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Ann Arbor City Council is asking city staff for legal advice about an idea to set up tiny houses in the city.
- Michigan fan inked with 12 Wolverines-themed tattoos Updated: Jun-15-15 11:21 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - It's no secret that Jay Rhadigan loves his wife. He's got a portrait of her - wearing a red dress, holding a hockey stick - tattooed on his upper right arm, and he talks about how great she is to anyone who will listen.
- Ford makes $500,000 donation to well-known music venue Updated: Jun-15-15 5:37 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Ford Motor Co. is making a $500,000 donation to a well-known Ann Arbor music venue.
- 2 people found dead, 3 others hurt at Washtenaw County home Updated: Jun-13-15 3:28 pm
YORK TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Two people have been found dead and three others hurt at a home in Washtenaw County, south of Ann Arbor.
- Toyota kicks off construction on $126 million expansion Updated: Jun-11-15 2:14 pm
YORK TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Toyota Motor Corp. is kicking off construction on a $126 million expansion to its Ann Arbor-area research and development operations.
- U. of Michigan selling thousands of old instructional films Updated: Jun-11-15 10:32 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The University of Michigan's media library is selling more than 7,000 16 mm instructional films that were used from the 1940s through the 1970s at its Ann Arbor campus.
- U. of Michigan gets $4 million for research training program Updated: Jun-09-15 8:01 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The University of Michigan has received a $4 million federal grant to establish a research training program in education sciences.
- Meetings planned on possible new passenger rail service Updated: Jun-08-15 7:14 am
LANSING, Michigan - Public meetings are planned on proposed new passenger rail service that could connect Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids and Holland.
- University of Michigan officials warn of email scams Updated: Jun-05-15 10:08 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Officials say more than 150 people at the University of Michigan have fallen victim to scam emails and revealed personal information such as names, dates of birth, Social Security numbers and passwords this week.
- 4 journalists win Livingston reporting awards Updated: Jun-04-15 1:56 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Livingston Awards honoring outstanding work by journalists under age 35 were given to four reporters this week for their work covering Syria's civil war, mishandled sexual assault complaints and lax training for armed security guards.