- Tennessee DL Butcher arrested on alcohol-related charges Updated: Sep-01-15 1:17 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee defensive lineman Andrew Butcher has been arrested on alcohol-related misdemeanor charges.
- Report: Duncan used campaign funds to purchase tickets Updated: Aug-31-15 12:26 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A published report says U.S. Rep. John J. Duncan Jr.'s office used campaign funds to purchase tickets to sporting events and concerts for some constituents.
- Knox sheriff's office investigating cemetery thefts, damage Updated: Aug-29-15 1:10 pm
FARRUGUT, Tennessee - The Knox County Sheriff's Office is investigating damage and thefts at nearly a dozen graves at a 200-year-old Farragut cemetery.
- Dem chairwoman calls on GOP lawmaker to resign over EPA fine Updated: Aug-28-15 6:50 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State Democratic Party Chairwoman Mary Mancini on Friday called on Republican state Rep. Andy Holt to resign over alleged environmental violations at his northwestern Tennessee hog farm.
- Theft, vandalism totaling nearly $20K reported at cemetery Updated: Aug-27-15 4:06 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - East Tennessee law enforcement officials are investigating theft and vandalism at a cemetery that dates to 1792.
- UT College of Nursing receives $2M grant Updated: Aug-27-15 3:34 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The College of Nursing at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, has received a $2 million grant to support nurses in Appalachia.
- China-based company to locate headquarters in Knoxville Updated: Aug-25-15 4:08 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A China-based injection molding company is investing nearly $5 million to locate its first U.S. headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Ex-Tennessee player's rape trial delayed until next month Updated: Aug-24-15 4:44 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Former Tennessee cornerback Michael Williams' rape trial has been delayed until next month.
- Tennessee hoops dealing with preseason issues at point guard Updated: Aug-21-15 6:57 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee basketball coach Rick Barnes will try to solve the Volunteers' point guard issue ahead of his debut season in Knoxville.
- Former top Haslam adviser lands $120K state museum contract Updated: Aug-20-15 5:31 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's former chief of staff, Mark Cate, will earn $120,000 per year as a "project coordinator" developing the new Tennessee State Museum to be built near the state Capitol.
- FBI offers reward in 2 bank extortion cases Updated: Aug-20-15 10:59 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The FBI says it is offering up to $20,000 for information that leads to the arrests of suspects in two East Tennessee bank extortion cases that involved kidnappings.
- Haslam mulls outsourced buildings at Tenn. colleges, prisons Updated: Aug-17-15 6:37 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Two years ago, Gov. Bill Haslam's administration privatized the management of many state government buildings that didn't fall within the higher education and prison systems. Now the state is exploring turning those over to private management as well.
- Sprint car driver Kevin Swindell injured in wreck Updated: Aug-14-15 8:21 am
KNOXVILLE, Iowa - Sprint car driver Kevin Swindell was airlifted to a hospital after his car flipped at the start of a heat race at the Knoxville Nationals.
- Knox County Schools facing bus driver shortage Updated: Aug-13-15 11:34 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Knox County Schools officials say a shortage of school bus drivers is forcing some students to arrive at school early or stay late this year as drivers run double routes.
- Correction: House-Special Election story Updated: Aug-13-15 11:26 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - In a story Aug. 12 about a special election for a House seat in Knox County, The Associated Press reported erroneously the impact of Karen Carson's defeat on the governor's proposal to extend health coverage to low-income residents. Her defeat means Republicans facing re-election are less likely to support the plan, not likely to support it.
- Videos of 2 violent encounters involving officers released Updated: Aug-11-15 2:31 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Knoxville Police Department has released video footage of two violent encounters involving officers that are now the subject of separate lawsuits surrounding one man's arrest and the fatal shooting of another man.
- Reserve tight end A.J. Branisel leaving Tennessee's program Updated: Aug-10-15 11:18 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Reserve tight end A.J. Branisel is leaving Tennessee's football program.
- Tennessee announces it has reinstated WR Von Pearson Updated: Aug-07-15 7:21 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has reinstated wide receiver Von Pearson to the team, two days after prosecutors declined to file criminal charges against him in connection with a rape investigation.
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: Aug-05-15 12:25 pm
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers: