- Knox County, sheriff's office facing $5M lawsuit Updated: Nov-24-15 6:35 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A man has filed a $5 million lawsuit against Knox County after he says jail officers failed to take into account his mental illness, which he says led to officers beating him.
- Plastic products maker investing $115M in Knox Co. facility Updated: Nov-24-15 4:01 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A leader in blow-molded plastic products will locate its new manufacturing and distribution operations in Knox County, a move expected to create 500 jobs.
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57 Updated: Nov-23-15 10:19 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's Diamond DeShields is starting to show the form that made her one of the nation's top freshmen at North Carolina two seasons ago.
- Tennessee pours it on late to beat Gardner-Webb 89-64 Updated: Nov-22-15 9:05 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's Devon Baulkman matched a career high in scoring Sunday and put the Volunteers ahead for good with his 3-point shooting.
- Former Knox County teacher arrested on sex abuse charges Updated: Nov-19-15 9:12 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A former Knox County teacher was arrested on sexual abuse charges involving a student.
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: Nov-18-15 4:33 pm
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
- New trial dates set for ex-Vols Williams, Johnson Updated: Nov-17-15 4:01 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - New trial dates have been set for former Tennessee linebacker A.J. Johnson and cornerback Michael Williams, who are facing aggravated rape charges.
- Police investigating fatal shooting of man in Knoxville Updated: Nov-16-15 6:54 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities are investigating the fatal shooting of man in Knoxville.
- UT professor writes book about 'Roots' author Alex Haley Updated: Nov-12-15 4:01 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A University of Tennessee professor has written a biography that explores the rise of Pulitzer Prize-winning author Alex Haley and his literary influence.
- Haslam to announce 'significant' economic development deal Updated: Nov-10-15 4:01 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam is planning to make what his office is calling a "significant" economic development announcement in Nashville.
- Scripps Networks tops Street 3Q forecasts Updated: Nov-09-15 7:04 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. (SNI) on Monday reported third-quarter earnings of $124.6 million.
- Prosecutors' use of gruesome photos leads to new trial Updated: Nov-04-15 12:47 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A man who was found guilty of being responsible for an alcohol-fueled hit-and-run crash has been granted a new trial because prosecutors used gruesome photos of a fetus that was killed in the crash.
- 3 siblings going to funeral killed in Arkansas plane crash Updated: Nov-04-15 11:21 am
RUSSELLVILLE, Arkansas - Authorities say three siblings and a pilot were killed in a small plane crash in Arkansas as they flew to Tennessee to attend an uncle's funeral.
- At odds over shoplifting policy in Knoxville, Tennessee Updated: Nov-03-15 2:29 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Knox County District Attorney is taking an aggressive new approach against shoplifters that could land repeat offenders in prison for years.
- Protesters speak out against outsourcing at Tenn. Capitol Updated: Oct-30-15 2:37 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A group of protesters has gathered at the Tennessee Capitol to speak out against Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's administration mulling over privatization of operations in state government.
- Man who faked work at Knox County Trustee's Office sentenced Updated: Oct-30-15 4:03 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A man who was on the payroll of the Knox County Trustee's Office but did not perform any work has been ordered to pay $200,000 in restitution.
- Police: 2-year-old girl found safe; father in custody Updated: Oct-29-15 12:55 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A 2-year-old Tennessee girl who was the subject of an Amber Alert was found safe Thursday in Ohio.
- Tennessee Veterans Memorial coming to UT in November Updated: Oct-29-15 4:01 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A new Tennessee Veterans Memorial is coming to the University of Tennessee in Knoxville for the month of November.
- Former Knox County trustee released from jail early Updated: Oct-28-15 3:19 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Officials say a former Knox County trustee has been released from jail after serving six months of a one-year sentence for stealing a half-million dollars in taxpayer money.
- Knoxville College alumni celebrate on shuttered campus Updated: Oct-27-15 4:06 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Alumni of the troubled Knoxville College didn't let an uncertain future put a damper on their homecoming.