- Servicemen who were slain in Chattanooga honored at ceremony Updated: May-27-16 4:33 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Jasmine Holmquist was eight weeks pregnant last July when her Marine husband was killed in an attack on a Chattanooga reserve center.
- Traffic ticket? State lawmaker says no problem, just burn it Updated: May-27-16 2:04 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Republican Tennessee lawmaker says getting a traffic camera ticket isn't a problem - he just burns them.
- Man charged with posing as football player to extort woman Updated: May-25-16 7:14 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A Tennessee man has been arrested on charges that he attempted to extort a woman by posing as a University of Tennessee football player on Snapchat.
- Oak Ridge pastor arrested on human trafficking charge Updated: May-24-16 1:15 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities have arrested an Oak Ridge pastor on a human trafficking charge as part of a three-day Tennessee Bureau of Investigation operation.
- Judge upholds filing burglary charges in shoplifting cases Updated: May-21-16 11:51 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A Tennessee judge has refused to halt a policy of prosecuting repeat shoplifters as burglars.
- Children's minister among 32 arrested in trafficking sting Updated: May-20-16 3:14 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee authorities say a children's minister is among 32 people facing charges after a prostitution and human-trafficking sting in Knoxville.
- Knoxville man accused of defrauding elderly investors Updated: May-19-16 1:03 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A federal grand jury has accused a Knoxville man of setting up two fictitious companies to defraud elderly investors.
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: May-18-16 5:17 pm
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
- Longtime Tennessee congressman diagnosed with cancer Updated: May-17-16 8:47 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Longtime U.S. Rep. John J. Duncan Jr. says he's been diagnosed with prostate cancer.
- Autopsy shows no drugs, alcohol in helicopter pilot's blood Updated: May-16-16 6:31 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - An autopsy report released in a fatal helicopter crash last month in Sevier County shows the pilot had no alcohol or drugs in his blood.
- Walking school bus brings fun, safety to elementary students Updated: May-15-16 11:35 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - It was a bus without walls, windows, seats or even wheels.
- Judge's addiction leads to retrial for convicted widow Updated: May-13-16 1:26 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A woman whose two husbands died under suspicious circumstances will get a retrial in the second death because her judge was so addicted to painkillers that he fell asleep on the bench.
- State investigating death of worker at Knoxville steel mill Updated: May-12-16 1:23 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the death of a worker at a Knoxville steel mill.
- Federal report backs police school bus crash investigation Updated: May-11-16 5:22 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The National Transportation Safety Board has backed the findings of a police investigation of a 2014 crash between Knox County school buses that killed two children and a teachers' aide.
- School officials to return after coach's wife charged Updated: May-11-16 2:14 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Two administrators at a Knoxville high school will return to work after being suspended as part of a school district's investigation into whether the officials immediately reported child sexual abuse accusations levied against the wife of a former assistant football coach.
- TeamHealth, state officials announce headquarters expansion Updated: May-11-16 1:20 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - State officials say physician services company TeamHealth is expanding its current headquarters in Knoxville.
- UT to host master beekeeping classes around the state Updated: May-10-16 1:18 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture will be hosting a series of master beekeeping classes around the state beginning next week and continuing into June.
- Attorney: Jimmy Haslam can be deposed with conditions Updated: May-08-16 5:26 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has agreed to be deposed under specific conditions in civil lawsuits against the truck-stop chain owned by him and his brother, Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam, according to court documents.
- Former Oak Ridge police officer accused of statutory rape Updated: May-06-16 3:24 pm
CLINTON, Tennessee - The lawyer for a former police officer who's accused of having sex with a teenage girl while he was on patrol says his client will plead not guilty.
- Group discusses solutions to violence among black men, boys Updated: May-04-16 6:04 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Mayors, city officials and nonprofit leaders from across the country are meeting in downtown Birmingham to discuss ways to address violence among black men and boys.
- Georgia governor's vetoes on guns, faith bucked his GOP base Updated: May-04-16 4:47 pm
ATLANTA - When Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal recently vetoed bills allowing guns on college campuses and shielding religious people who deny people services based on their faith, he was directly bucking his fellow Republican lawmakers, who overwhelmingly supported the proposals, and possibly losing points with his conservative political base.
- Tennessee campus carry becomes law without Haslam signature Updated: May-02-16 7:03 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A bill allowing staff and faculty at Tennessee's public colleges and universities to be armed on campus became law Monday without the Republican governor's signature.
- Bureau of Land Management seeking input on coal program Updated: May-02-16 4:08 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management is holding a public meeting later this month in Knoxville, seeking input on potential reforms to the federal coal program.
- Ex-TVA manager says he passed nuclear information to China Updated: Apr-30-16 3:40 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A former senior manager with the Tennessee Valley Authority passed information to a state-controlled Chinese nuclear energy company that helped it build reactors there, according to court records.
- Cleveland Browns owner loses round in deposition fight Updated: Apr-29-16 4:50 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is a step closer to having to answer questions about fraud at the truck stop chain where he is president and CEO.