- Effort to remove GA prosecutor from jail death case blocked Updated: Jul-02-15 7:08 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A judge in coastal Georgia on Thursday rejected an effort to remove the Chatham County District Attorney from a case involving a man found dead in the county jail.
- No injuries reported in Savannah truck explosion Updated: Jul-02-15 3:01 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Police in coastal Georgia say no serious injuries have been reported in an explosion involving a truck carrying volatile materials.
- Police investigate after truck explodes in downtown Savannah Updated: Jul-02-15 6:46 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Police say a utility truck exploded in downtown Savannah, but no one was hurt and there was no extensive property damage to surrounding buildings.
- Johns Creek mayor to lead Georgia Municipal Association Updated: Jun-30-15 5:40 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - The mayor of the Atlanta suburb of Johns Creek will serve as president of the Georgia Municipal Association.
- Gainesville man re-elected chairman of ports authority board Updated: Jun-29-15 12:45 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A northeast Georgia man has been re-elected chairman of the board of directors for the Georgia Ports Authority.
- 3 indicted in college student's death in Georgia jail Updated: Jun-25-15 12:46 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Mathew Ajibade was arrested on a domestic violence charge in January and was later found dead, strapped to a chair in a county jail in Savannah, Georgia. A grand jury on Wednesday indicted two former jail employees and a health care worker in the college student's death, yet another in a list of fatal encounters between law enforcement and black men.
- Savannah teen found shot to death inside stolen car Updated: Jun-22-15 6:02 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Savannah police are investigating after a 17-year-old boy was found shot to death inside a stolen car.
- Gatherings held around Georgia to honor Charleston victims Updated: Jun-20-15 5:05 pm
ATLANTA - Hundreds gathered Saturday at a church in Atlanta in one of a number of vigils and meetings held around the state to honor the victims of a shooting at a black church in South Carolina.
- Hundreds taking 7-day trip along 95 miles of Ogeechee River Updated: Jun-20-15 7:38 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Conservation groups expect nearly 400 people for a weeklong trip by canoe and kayak along the Ogeechee River in southeast Georgia.
- Southeast Georgia sweating through scorching summer heat Updated: Jun-20-15 7:07 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Southeast Georgia is sweating through blistering temperatures with heat indexes soaring into triple digits.
- Police in Savannah try to identify person who painted kitten Updated: Jun-18-15 4:10 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Police in Savannah say they are trying to identify a person who spray painted a kitten.
- Sheriff dies in crash during highway chase in rural Georgia Updated: Jun-16-15 5:23 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A Georgia sheriff died after crashing his patrol truck on a rural highway while helping chase a suspect who had fired gunshots at other law enforcement officers, authorities said Tuesday.
- Georgia to spend $10M on safety effort focused on big trucks Updated: Jun-11-15 3:12 pm
ELLABELLE, Georgia - Georgia will spend $10 million to add officers to the state law-enforcement division focused on watching and inspecting commercial trucks, Gov. Deal announced Thursday along a stretch of interstate where tractor-trailers recently caused a pair of crashes that killed 10 people.
- Indictment of Georgia ex-judge surprised critics, supporters Updated: Jun-07-15 10:29 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Amanda F. Williams was one of coastal Georgia's most powerful judges when she resigned to settle noncriminal misconduct charges that she had jailed drug users for indefinite periods, heard cases in which her family served as attorneys, berated lawyers and otherwise acted with "tyrannical partiality."