- Savannah State rallies in overtime, defeats Coppin St. 72-63 Updated: Feb-08-16 11:02 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Brian Pearson and Lenjo Kilo scored the first four points in overtime and never gave up the lead as Savannah State held off Coppin State 72-63 Monday night.
- Living with people they bite, Zika mosquitoes hard to fight Updated: Feb-08-16 10:38 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - The mosquitoes that spread the Zika virus are among the hardest species to fight because they live and breed in tub drains, dog bowls, buckets, flower pots and other spots where water collects inside the houses and yards of the people they bite, insect experts noted Monday.
- Savannah State beats Morgan State 57-49 Updated: Feb-06-16 10:01 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Troyce Manassa scored 20 points and grabbed eight rebounds as Savannah State beat Morgan State 57-49 on Saturday night, snapping a four-game slide.
- Bentonville museum takes American art exhibition on the road Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 pm
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - An 11-step set of instructions awaits whoever opens "Box 11" upon arrival in Savannah, Georgia, from Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.
- Georgia Ports Authority's top executive to step down Updated: Feb-03-16 3:24 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - The chief executive of the Georgia Ports Authority said Wednesday he plans to step down this summer after leading the state agency during six years of explosive growth at the seaports of Savannah and Brunswick.
- County commissioner gets probation in reckless driving trial Updated: Feb-02-16 5:16 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A judge in Savannah has sentenced a county commissioner to a year on probation after he was convicted of reckless driving in an incident last summer that injured a city maintenance worker.
- Recruiting stunts help coaches stand out in social media age Updated: Feb-02-16 12:53 pm
In the wacky world of recruiting, Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh sleeping over at a prospect's house somehow makes perfect sense.
- Growth slows at Georgia ports after record-smashing 2015 Updated: Jan-25-16 11:58 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Georgia's busy seaports are beginning to see business slow down after a record-smashing 2015 in which shipments of containerized cargo through Savannah jumped a whopping 11.7 percent, the Georgia Ports Authority reported Monday.
- Georgia judge won't release jailed Allman filmmaker early Updated: Jan-21-16 12:07 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A Georgia judge won't grant early release from jail for a movie director sentenced in the death of a camera assistant struck by a freight train while shooting a film about singer Gregg Allman.
- Savannah State handles Delaware State 64-47 Updated: Jan-18-16 11:02 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Chris Martin scored 16 points and Savannah State defeated Delaware State 64-47 Monday night.
- Savannah St. slips past Maryland-Eastern Shore 68-61 Updated: Jan-16-16 8:30 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Chris Martin scored 18 and Lenjo Kilo added 13 points to help Savannah State beat Maryland-Eastern Shore 68-61 Saturday night.
- 2nd man charged in fatal Bluffton shooting Updated: Jan-12-16 8:01 am
BLUFFTON, South Carolina - A second person has been charged in the fatal shooting earlier this month of a man in the parking lot of a store in Bluffton.
- Cole, North Carolina Central beat Savannah State 69-46 Updated: Jan-11-16 10:27 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Patrick Cole scored a season-high 28 points with seven rebounds, and Dante Holmes added 13 points, including three 3-pointers, to help North Carolina Central beat Savannah State 69-46 on Monday night.