- 5 bystanders shot as dispute turns to gunfire in Savannah Updated: Aug-02-15 4:43 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Police in Savannah say five people -- all believed to be bystanders -- were wounded by gunfire after an argument and shoving match in Ellis Square ended in gunshots.
- Rail terminal in NW Ga. to link industry to Savannah port Updated: Aug-01-15 11:56 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Banking on demand from local carpet manufacturers as well as automakers in neighboring states, the Georgia Ports Authority is building a $24 million inland terminal that will move cargo by railroad between industries north of Atlanta and the Port of Savannah about 300 miles away.
- Metro Savannah police: Son killed mother, then took own life Updated: Jul-30-15 6:20 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Police in Savannah say they've determined that the deaths of a mother and her adult son were a murder-suicide.
- 4 cannons from Confederate warship reach Texas A&M Updated: Jul-28-15 8:05 am
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Four cannons recovered from a sunken Confederate warship have arrived at Texas A&M University for preservation.
- Savannah port moves a record 3.6M cargo containers Updated: Jul-27-15 2:34 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Buoyed in part by labor woes on the West Coast, the booming seaports in Savannah and Brunswick saw another fiscal year of record-smashing amounts of cargo moving across their docks, the Georgia Ports Authority reported Monday.
- Hinesville man shot to death in reported robbery in Savannah Updated: Jul-26-15 4:40 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Police in Savannah are investigating the killing of a man during a reported robbery in a parking lot.
- Jekyll Island delays long-planned hotel for convention hub Updated: Jul-26-15 11:44 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - After nearly eight years of planning and failed deals with two developers, Jekyll Island has put off until next year finding a new partner to build a second hotel for its busy convention hub.
- Texas man given 5 years' probation in death of Jazz musician Updated: Jul-24-15 4:26 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A Texas man has been sentenced to five years of probation in the death of coastal Georgia jazz musician Ben Tucker.
- Feds seize phones, computers in gym mat death investigation Updated: Jul-23-15 7:46 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Federal authorities seized cellphones, computers and other electronics from classmates of a Georgia teenager found dead inside a rolled-up gym mat at his high school, an attorney for the family said Thursday.
- Life sentence urged in peanut salmonella case Updated: Jul-23-15 6:29 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Federal court officers have recommended a sentence of life in prison for a peanut company executive convicted of selling salmonella-tainted food, a move that attorneys on both sides called "unprecedented" for a food-poisoning case.
- Chattanooga shattered: A single gunshot, silence, and terror Updated: Jul-19-15 12:38 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - A single "pop" cut through the quiet morning. Those who heard it had a moment to ponder the noise.
- More than 1,000 Southern lawmakers at Savannah conference Updated: Jul-19-15 8:04 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - An annual conference for state legislators is drawing more than 1,000 lawmakers from across the southern U.S. to Savannah this weekend.
- Former Ga. pastor sentenced in tax fraud scheme Updated: Jul-18-15 9:05 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Federal prosecutors say a former coastal Georgia pastor has been sentenced to more than nine years in prison in a tax fraud scheme.
- Mistrial declared in corruption probe of Ga. police sergeant Updated: Jul-17-15 4:32 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - The corruption probe of a coastal Georgia police sergeant has ended in a mistrial.
- Tybee Island divided over proposal for historic districts Updated: Jul-17-15 8:04 am
TYBEE ISLAND, Georgia - A proposal to create historic districts to help preserve Tybee Island's older homes and buildings is getting mixed reviews from residents and property owners.
- Savannah working to save schools targeted for state takeover Updated: Jul-12-15 4:30 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Five Savannah schools are working overtime this summer to stave off the potential for a state takeover.
- Savannah children learn self-defense at police youth camp Updated: Jul-12-15 10:03 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - "Girl power" is what Sgt. Aaron Washington told his class after it wrapped up in June at Savannah State University's public safety building.
- Savannah sets heat restriction for horse-drawn carriages Updated: Jul-11-15 2:37 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - The city of Savannah is setting new heat limits for horse-drawn carriages to try and protect the animals from blistering summer temperatures.
- Ga. jail employee fired after inmate death reinstated Updated: Jul-09-15 2:04 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - One of nine Georgia sheriff's workers who was fired after a man was found dead in a restraining chair at the county jail has been reinstated.
- Georgians to visit New York as part of crime-fighting plan Updated: Jul-06-15 5:58 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A group of Savannah-area prosecutors, police, elected officials and community leaders is planning a trip to New York as part of an effort to combat crime in the Georgia city.