- Ning leads 100-free heats in a strong morning for China Updated: Aug-05-15 5:20 am
KAZAN, Italy - Ning Zetao edged favorites Cam McEvoy and Vladimir Morozov to lead the 100-meter freestyle preliminaries at the swimming world championships on Wednesday - one of several strong performances by emerging Chinese competitors.
- American Katie Ledecky lowers own world mark in 1,500 free Updated: Aug-04-15 11:43 am
KAZAN, Russia - Katie Ledecky of the United States has lowered her own world record by 2.23 seconds in winning the 1,500 freestyle at the world swimming championships.
- Simpson wins high diving gold at world championships Updated: Aug-04-15 8:38 am
KAZAN, Russia - The United States won gold and silver in women's high diving at the world championships Tuesday as Rachelle Simpson beat defending champion Cesilie Carlton to the top spot.
- Van der Burgh lowers own world record in 50 breast at worlds Updated: Aug-04-15 3:20 am
KAZAN, Russia - Cameron van der Burgh of South Africa improved his own world record in the 50-meter breaststroke on Tuesday at the swimming world championships.
- Hosszu of Hungary sets world record in 200 IM at swim worlds Updated: Aug-03-15 12:15 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Katinka Hosszu has set a world record in the 200-meter individual medley at the world swimming championships.
- US teen Ledecky improves her own world record in 1,500 free Updated: Aug-03-15 5:11 am
KAZAN, Russia - American teenager Katie Ledecky has improved her own world record in the 1,500-meter freestyle at the swimming world championships.
- Qiu beats Boudia to diving gold at world championships Updated: Aug-02-15 4:05 pm
KAZAN, Russia - David Boudia hoped some long-distance encouragement from his family could help him add a world championship title to his surprising Olympic diving victory from 2012.
- Sun Yang hits back at critics of doping ban after 400 win Updated: Aug-02-15 2:44 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Sun Yang hit back at the criticism stemming from his doping ban after defending his world title in the 400-meter freestyle at the swimming world championships Sunday.
- Sweden's Sarah Sjoestrom sets world mark in 100 butterfly Updated: Aug-02-15 11:09 am
KAZAN, Russia - Sarah Sjoestrom of Sweden has set a world record in the semifinals of the 100-butterfly at the world swimming championships.
- British swimmer Peaty in fight for world record ratification Updated: Aug-01-15 12:20 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Nearly a year later, British swimmer Adam Peaty's world record in the 50-meter breaststroke isn't ratified.
- Franklin, Ledecky are workhorses of US swim team at worlds Updated: Jul-31-15 12:09 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Missy Franklin and Katie Ledecky are the workhorses of the U.S. team at the world swimming championships.
- Russia's Sochi mooted as host for 2024 Olympics Updated: Jul-31-15 9:57 am
MOSCOW - The man who organized last year's Winter Olympics in Sochi is pushing for the Russian city to host the 2024 Summer Games.
- North Korea wins 1st world aquatics gold with diving victory Updated: Jul-30-15 1:55 pm
KAZAN, Russia - North Korea won its first gold medal at the world aquatics championships through 16-year-old Kim Kuk Hyang in women's 10-meter diving on Thursday.
- Deep end: Redland water polo phenom swims onto world stage Updated: Jul-30-15 12:14 pm
MIAMI - When Donna Johnson decided to raise her five children in the peaceful, pastoral splendor of the Redland, she chose a five-acre plot dotted with mango, avocado and sapodilla trees.
- China denied dive sweep at world championships Updated: Jul-28-15 9:56 am
KAZAN, Russia - China missed out on sweeping the diving gold medals at the world aquatics championships when Tania Cagnotto of Italy won the women's one-meter springboard on Tuesday.
- Russia's synchro dynasty faces new wave of rivalries Updated: Jul-27-15 3:47 pm
KAZAN, Russia - For years they've been the queens of the pool, but now Russia's synchronized swimming stars are having to get used to something new - a fight for the gold.
- FINA removes age and term limits for senior officials Updated: Jul-23-15 7:32 am
KAZAN, Russia - The International Swimming Federation has removed age and term limits for its most senior officials, enabling Julio Maglione to run for a third term as president.
- Abu Dhabi to host 2020 short-course swimming worlds Updated: Jul-22-15 12:57 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates will host the 2020 swimming short-course world championships.