- Michael Phelps back on top as focus turns to Rio Olympics Updated: Aug-11-15 1:29 am
SAN ANTONIO - Michael Phelps already has far more medals than any Olympic athlete.
- Katie Ledecky crowns herself czarina at Russian swim worlds Updated: Aug-10-15 1:50 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Katie Ledecky is ready to enjoy a week off. She's certainly earned it.
- Russia's new 'sports capital' has Olympic ambitions Updated: Aug-10-15 8:53 am
KAZAN, Russia - The city calling itself "Russia's sports capital" isn't Moscow, St. Petersburg or even last year's Winter Olympic host Sochi. Instead it's Kazan, a provincial city with global ambitions.
- Midnight at the pool: Swimmers face late nights at Rio Games Updated: Aug-10-15 6:11 am
KAZAN, Russia - One prominent swimming coach called it "irresponsible." Another labeled it a "business decision."
- Sun Yang is no-show for 1,500 free final at worlds Updated: Aug-09-15 3:12 pm
KAZAN, Russia - No sooner had Sun Yang returned to the top of the podium with two victories at the world swimming championships than the Chinese star was enveloped in mystery.
- Russia on defensive after failure at home swimming worlds Updated: Aug-09-15 2:50 pm
KAZAN, Russia - With President Vladimir Putin looking on at the opening ceremony, Russia's first home world aquatics championships started with optimism but ended with disappointment and infighting.
- China's Sun misses 1,500 freestyle final at world swimming Updated: Aug-09-15 11:47 am
KAZAN, Russia - Olympic champion Sun Yang of China did not swim in the final of the 1,500-meter freestyle at the world championships.
- 'Iron Lady' Hosszu poised for another medley sweep at worlds Updated: Aug-09-15 5:03 am
KAZAN, Russia - The "Iron Lady" from Hungary is poised for another medley sweep at the swimming world championships.
- Serbia pounds Croatia to win world water polo championship Updated: Aug-08-15 4:25 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Serbia defeated Olympic champion Croatia 11-4 in the water polo world championship final on Saturday.
- Katie Ledecky lowers own world mark in 800 freestyle Updated: Aug-08-15 12:23 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Katie Ledecky has lowered her own world record by 3.61 seconds in winning the 800-meter freestyle at the world swimming championships.
- Italian swimmer Paltrinieri has a plan to dethrone Sun Yang Updated: Aug-08-15 8:24 am
KAZAN, Russia - Gregorio Paltrinieri's strategy to dethrone Sun Yang during the longest race in the pool is simple: gain a big lead on the Chinese superstar and never look back.
- Column: Olympic champ Dana Vollmer shows how to have it all Updated: Aug-07-15 7:36 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Dana Vollmer is back at the pool, hoping to compete at another Olympics and reclaim her world record.
- US beats Dutch to win women's world water polo title Updated: Aug-07-15 4:15 pm
KAZAN, Russia - The United States women's water polo team won the world championship title Friday for the first time since 2009, beating the Netherlands 5-4 in the gold medal game.
- Britain's swimmers on crest of a wave at worlds Updated: Aug-06-15 8:42 am
KAZAN, Russia - Britain's swimmers are riding the crest of a wave at the world championships in Kazan, recording their best ever performance and powered by new star Adam Peaty.
- McEvoy assumes favorite role for swimming's signature race Updated: Aug-05-15 2:15 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Two-time defending champion James "The Missile" Magnussen is home in Australia recovering from shoulder surgery.
- Cesar Cielo withdraws from swim worlds with bad shoulder Updated: Aug-05-15 10:20 am
KAZAN, Russia - Cesar Cielo of Brazil has withdrawn from the world swimming championships because of a left shoulder issue and returned home.
- Britain's Hunt wins world high diving championhsip Updated: Aug-05-15 8:21 am
KAZAN, Russia - Gary Hunt of Britain swept to victory in the final of the high diving at the world championships on Wednesday.
- American Katie Ledecky lowers own world mark in 1,500 free Updated: Aug-04-15 11:43 am
KAZAN, Russia - Katie Ledecky of the United States has lowered her own world record by 2.23 seconds in winning the 1,500 freestyle at the world swimming championships.
- Simpson wins high diving gold at world championships Updated: Aug-04-15 8:38 am
KAZAN, Russia - The United States won gold and silver in women's high diving at the world championships Tuesday as Rachelle Simpson beat defending champion Cesilie Carlton to the top spot.
- Van der Burgh lowers own world record in 50 breast at worlds Updated: Aug-04-15 3:20 am
KAZAN, Russia - Cameron van der Burgh of South Africa improved his own world record in the 50-meter breaststroke on Tuesday at the swimming world championships.
- Hosszu of Hungary sets world record in 200 IM at swim worlds Updated: Aug-03-15 12:15 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Katinka Hosszu has set a world record in the 200-meter individual medley at the world swimming championships.
- US teen Ledecky improves her own world record in 1,500 free Updated: Aug-03-15 5:11 am
KAZAN, Russia - American teenager Katie Ledecky has improved her own world record in the 1,500-meter freestyle at the swimming world championships.
- Qiu beats Boudia to diving gold at world championships Updated: Aug-02-15 4:05 pm
KAZAN, Russia - David Boudia hoped some long-distance encouragement from his family could help him add a world championship title to his surprising Olympic diving victory from 2012.
- Sun Yang hits back at critics of doping ban after 400 win Updated: Aug-02-15 2:44 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Sun Yang hit back at the criticism stemming from his doping ban after defending his world title in the 400-meter freestyle at the swimming world championships Sunday.
- Sweden's Sarah Sjoestrom sets world mark in 100 butterfly Updated: Aug-02-15 11:09 am
KAZAN, Russia - Sarah Sjoestrom of Sweden has set a world record in the semifinals of the 100-butterfly at the world swimming championships.