- Latest: Weather service says twister just missed Kansas town Updated: May-26-16 12:54 am
DODGE CITY, Kansas - The Latest on severe weather affecting parts of the central U.S. (all times local):
- Arkansas court to hold hearing over birth certificates Updated: May-25-16 4:09 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' highest court will hear oral arguments in a lawsuit over whether married same-sex couples can have the names of both spouses on their children's birth certificate without a court order.
- 5 Arkansas counties to receive new voting equipment Updated: May-25-16 11:55 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Five Arkansas counties will receive new voting equipment ahead of the general election this fall.
- Boy swept away in Arkansas floodwaters rescued alive Updated: May-25-16 9:38 am
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Authorities in northeast Arkansas say a 13-year-old boy was found safe three hours after he was swept away in a flooded drainage pipe.
- Judge fines Arkansas funeral home in corpse-stacking case Updated: May-24-16 2:35 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A judge has handed down a $50,000 fine to a central Arkansas funeral home where bodies were found stacked on top of each other in unrefrigerated areas.
- University of Arkansas System seeks tuition, fee increases Updated: May-24-16 1:50 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas System has asked its trustees for tuition and fee increases for in-state undergraduate students at all of its four-year universities.
- Little Rock police investigate alleged officer shooting Updated: May-23-16 7:36 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Police in Little Rock are investigating an allegation that an officer shot and wounded a man.
- Jericho police chief says officer's ticket was payback Updated: May-23-16 4:50 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Police is investigating a situation in which a Highway Patrol corporal is accused of writing a traffic ticket to spite a Crittenden County police department.
- Authorities investigate North Little Rock fatal shooting Updated: May-23-16 4:41 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Authorities are investigating after a man was found shot to death in a parking lot along a busy street in North Little Rock.
- Arkansas-Little Rock gets $1.2M for interpreter program Updated: May-23-16 2:16 pm
- Cotton gins disappearing as acreage decreases in Arkansas Updated: May-22-16 1:41 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Cotton gins are disappearing as Arkansas farmers abandon cotton for more profitable crops.
- Andrew Rogerson to be recommended as next UALR chancellor Updated: May-21-16 11:57 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - University of Arkansas System President Donald Bobbitt says he will recommend that Sonoma State University Provost Andrew Rogerson be named chancellor of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
- UALR's Scott a semifinalist for the Dick Howser Trophy Updated: May-20-16 6:08 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas-Little Rock baseball player Ryan Scott has been named a semifinalist for the Dick Howser Trophy.
- 2 Arkansas universities approve tuition, fee increases Updated: May-20-16 4:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Officials at Arkansas Tech University and Henderson State University have approved tuition and fee increases for the upcoming school year.
- Boxer Jermain Taylor avoids prison time for 3 felony charges Updated: May-20-16 2:23 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Former middleweight champion Jermain Taylor has avoided prison time on several felony charges stemming from three separate incidents in Arkansas, including firing a gun at a Martin Luther King Jr. parade.
- Arkansas court rejects lawsuit over campaign finance measure Updated: May-19-16 8:47 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Supreme Court on Thursday rejected a lawsuit challenging the attorney general's decision to reject the wording of a ballot measure that would impose new campaign finance and ethics restrictions on elected officials.
- Report: Plane that crashed in North Little Rock lost power Updated: May-17-16 8:25 am
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A preliminary report says a small airplane that crashed at the North Little Rock airport, killing a flight instructor, may have lost engine power.
- Victim of 2009 attack at Army site arrested in Little Rock Updated: May-16-16 1:04 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - One of the soldiers shot outside a Little Rock Army recruiting center in 2009 has been arrested after threatening police officers while intoxicated.
- Little Rock named a Bicycle Friendly Community Updated: May-16-16 12:46 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Little Rock has been named one of 374 "Bicycle Friendly Communities" in the country.
- Little Rock airport commission considers replacing bridges Updated: May-16-16 9:46 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Officials have approved a nearly $4.4 million project to begin replacing aging passenger boarding bridges at Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport/Adams Field.
- Arkansas pays at least $100,000 to 2,722 state employees Updated: May-15-16 1:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The number of Arkansas state employees whose salaries are at least $100,000 a year increased by 137 to 2,722 this year.
- Little Rock pays $10,000 fine, asks to cancel hearing Updated: May-13-16 3:55 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Little Rock has asked that a future hearing to determine whether to cite the city for contempt of court be cancelled in light of a $10,000 penalty it paid.
- Little Rock doctor pleads guilty in 'pill mill' case Updated: May-13-16 1:39 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A doctor accused of knowing about and concealing from authorities the illegal distribution of controlled substances in Little Rock has pleaded guilty.
- Def Leppard meets Arkansas School for the Deaf Leopards Updated: May-12-16 4:58 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Def Leppard? Meet the deaf Leopards.
- Preserve Arkansas names 7 endangered places in the state Updated: May-12-16 4:33 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Preserve Arkansas has released its annual list of the most endangered places in Arkansas.