- Arkansas roles in World War I focus of centennial committee Updated: May-01-16 12:58 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The roles people from Arkansas played in World War I will be highlighted over the next two years by the newly formed Arkansas World War I Centennial Commemoration Committee.
- Papers at Little Rock, Hot Springs, Benton take top honors Updated: Apr-30-16 2:30 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Newspapers from Little Rock, Hot Springs and Benton have won top honors in the Arkansas Associated Press Managing Editors Association journalism contest for work done in 2015.
- Little Rock dentist found not guilty of sexual assault Updated: Apr-30-16 2:54 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A Little Rock dentist charged with second-degree sexual assault involving a female teenage patient has been found not guilty.
- Arkansas Board of Health gives approval of abortion phrase Updated: Apr-29-16 1:50 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Board of Health has given preliminary approval to regulations defining abortion as the "death of the unborn child," phrasing that the board attempted to remove from the rules earlier this year.
- Students suffer minor injuries in NLR bus collision Updated: Apr-29-16 11:36 am
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - North Little Rock police say about a dozen schoolchildren complained of minor injuries after a car struck their school bus Friday morning.
- Arkansas-Little Rock to host Tennessee Tech in baseball Updated: Apr-28-16 7:30 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas-Little Rock is set to host Tennessee Tech in college baseball.
- Arkansas court says accident reports are open to public Updated: Apr-28-16 5:32 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police cannot redact all driver and survivor information on accident reports, the state Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
- Exxon Mobil pays $2.63M fine for pipeline spill in Mayflower Updated: Apr-28-16 4:58 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Exxon Mobil has paid a $2.63 million fine more than three years after its Pegasus pipeline ruptured and spilled thousands of gallons of crude into a Mayflower neighborhood.
- 3 named finalists for Arkansas-Little Rock chancellor post Updated: Apr-28-16 1:35 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Three finalists have been named to become the next chancellor at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
- Mena community college OKs University of Arkansas merger Updated: Apr-28-16 10:53 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The board for Rich Mountain Community College has unanimously approved a merger with the University of Arkansas System.
- Arkansas officer arrested for mail fraud in gun scheme Updated: Apr-27-16 4:47 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A Pulaski County sheriff's sergeant has been arrested on preliminary mail fraud charges for his alleged role in a scheme to steal department money to buy guns for personal use.
- Arkansas parole officer arrested for pointing gun at deputy Updated: Apr-27-16 4:07 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas parole officer has been arrested for allegedly pointing a gun at a Pulaski County sheriff's deputy.
- Arkansas AG rejects wording of campaign finance measure Updated: Apr-26-16 6:35 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge has rejected the wording of a proposed constitutional amendment that would expand the state's ban on lobbyist gifts to elected officials.
- Chinese company to build $1 billion mill in south Arkansas Updated: Apr-26-16 3:34 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Chinese company Sun Paper announced plans Tuesday for a $1 billion mill in southern Arkansas, the paper company's first facility in North America.
- Campaigns push for alcohol sales in dry Arkansas communities Updated: Apr-26-16 11:24 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Alcohol sales campaigns in five counties and two cities in Arkansas are collecting signatures in hopes that voters can decide in November whether to make their communities wet.
- Arkansas wildlife refuge to buy 978 acres to enhance habitat Updated: Apr-25-16 4:58 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A wildlife refuge in Arkansas will spend $2.4 million in grant funds to buy nearly 980 acres of land to enhance fish and wildlife habitat.
- Arkansas sheriff's offices consider purchasing body cameras Updated: Apr-25-16 9:36 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The offices of two central Arkansas sheriffs are looking into buying body-worn cameras for deputies, joining an increasing number of law enforcement agencies across the state that have shown interest in or have bought the equipment to boost accountability and transparency.
- Arkansas secretary of state reports 4 new expense-paid trips Updated: Apr-24-16 1:51 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Secretary of State Mark Martin has disclosed that four foreign and state entities paid more than $20,800 for food, lodging and travel expenses for trips to China, Ghana, Taiwan and New Orleans last year.
- 2 die in weekend motorcycle accidents on Arkansas roads Updated: Apr-24-16 11:09 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Police says weekend motorcycle accidents on highways in the state have taken the lives of two people.
- Arkansas wood believed to be from Spanish explorer's cross Updated: Apr-23-16 3:03 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Archaeologists have unearthed what they believe are the remains of a large wooden Christian cross that Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto placed atop a hill in 1541 in what is now Cross County, Arkansas.
- Arkansas dog owner pleads guilty in man's fatal mauling Updated: Apr-23-16 11:39 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A 63-year-old mechanic has pleaded guilty to a manslaughter charge filed last year after pit bulls he owned mauled a Pine Bluff man to death.
- School elections scheduled for November cause glitches Updated: Apr-22-16 7:39 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Pulaski County election officials told an Arkansas legislative committee Friday that a decision to move school board elections for two school districts from September to November is causing a logistical nightmare.
- Arkansas board suspends doctor's license for 2nd time Updated: Apr-22-16 8:52 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A doctor accused of conspiring to illegally distribute pain medications in Little Rock has had her license suspended a second time amid allegations she violated an earlier order.
- Missing North Little Rock woman found dead in her home Updated: Apr-22-16 2:08 am
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Police say a North Little Rock woman who was reported missing has been found dead inside of her home.
- Arkansas funeral home pleads guilty over stacked bodies Updated: Apr-21-16 6:50 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The company that owns an Arkansas funeral home where bodies were found stacked on top of each other in unrefrigerated areas pleaded guilty Friday after felony charges were dropped against the father and son who own the business.