- Big 7th inning helps Astros rally for 5-2 win over Orioles Updated: Jun-02-15 12:35 am
HOUSTON - It looked like Baltimore reliever Brad Brach had put his early season struggles behind him after three straight scoreless appearances.
- TCU beats NC State 9-8 in 10-inning regional clincher Updated: Jun-02-15 12:23 am
FORT WORTH, Texas - Pinch-hitter Elliott Barzilli had an RBI single in the bottom of the 10th inning after TCU rallied from a late seven-run deficit in a 9-8 win over North Carolina State on Monday night to advance to the NCAA super regionals.
- Big 7th inning helps Astros rally for 5-2 win over Orioles Updated: Jun-02-15 12:21 am
HOUSTON - The Houston Astros have scored so many runs in the last three innings this season that their late-game magic has almost become routine.
- VCU takes Dallas regional with 3-1 win Updated: Jun-01-15 9:36 pm
DALLAS - Virginia Commonwealth's Sean Thompson and Matt Lees held host Dallas Baptist to four hits in a 3-1 victory to take the Dallas regional championship on Monday.
- Top prospect Gallo headed to Rangers for injured Beltre Updated: Jun-01-15 8:56 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers will get top prospect Joey Gallo some major league experience while third baseman Adrian Beltre is on the disabled list.
- Whataburger changes breakfast times, citing egg shortages Updated: Jun-01-15 8:52 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Whataburger says it is limiting its breakfast-serving hours, citing egg shortages due to the Midwest bird flu crisis.
- Plate umpire hurt in Dallas regional game Updated: Jun-01-15 8:45 pm
DALLAS - Plate umpire Barry Chambers left the Dallas regional final in the seventh inning on Monday after being hit in the chest.
- 2 more Blanco River flood victims identified Updated: Jun-01-15 8:32 pm
SAN MARCOS, Texas - Authorities have identified two more victims of last week's catastrophic flooding on the Blanco River in Hays County in Central Texas.
- Arkansas authorities brace for more flooding after rain Updated: Jun-01-15 8:15 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Waterlogged communities in central and southwest Arkansas braced for more flooding Monday as record rainfall from Oklahoma made its way downriver.
- 3 missing after vehicle goes off flooded Central Texas road Updated: Jun-01-15 7:25 pm
LEON JUNCTION, Texas - Central Texas authorities have been searching the Leon River for three people believed missing after their vehicle was swept off a flooded county road about 30 miles southwest of Waco.
- Legislature ends with Lt. Gov. Patrick denying 2018 plans Updated: Jun-01-15 6:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The first legislative session under Republican Gov. Greg Abbott ended Monday with conservatives claiming victory on tax cuts, a big boost in border security spending and looser gun laws in a state already known as among America's most firearms friendly.
- Rangers winners again with big-hitting Prince, Hamilton home Updated: Jun-01-15 6:20 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - With Prince Fielder leading the league in hitting and former MVP Josh Hamilton already having an impact in his Texas reunion, the Rangers have a winning record for the first time in nearly a year.
- Judge bars Texas telemedicine rules from taking effect Updated: Jun-01-15 5:58 pm
DALLAS - A federal judge has determined claims made by the Texas Medical Board in adopting new telemedicine rules were "suspect" and barred the rules from taking effect until a civil trial can be held in lower court.
- Houston-based Apache Corp. to close regional office in Tulsa Updated: Jun-01-15 5:33 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Houston-based oil and gas producer Apache Corp. will close its regional office in Tulsa as part of a company-wide restructuring.
- Border Patrol seizes marijuana in South Texas lettuce truck Updated: Jun-01-15 5:14 pm
EDINBURG, Texas - Border Patrol officials in far South Texas say more than 5,500 pounds of marijuana with a street value of $4.5 million have been confiscated over the weekend.
- Efforts continue to free ship aground off Texas nearly week Updated: Jun-01-15 4:46 pm
PORT ARTHUR, Texas - The Coast Guard is working to help free a bulk carrier hauling sulfur that ran aground nearly a week ago in the Gulf of Mexico off Texas.
- Dallas Baptist edges VCU 2-1 Updated: Jun-01-15 4:36 pm
DALLAS - Closer Brandon Koch pitched 4 2-3 scoreless innings, and Dallas Baptist stayed alive in the Dallas Regional by beating Virginia Commonwealth 2-1 on Monday.
- Powers leaving UT-Austin as diversity issues linger Updated: Jun-01-15 4:35 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Bill Powers won't be the University of Texas at Austin president who decides whether to keep a statue of Jefferson Davis, a tribute to the president of the Confederacy, on campus.
- North Texas man gets 20 years for trying to blow up pipeline Updated: Jun-01-15 4:33 pm
PLANO, Texas - A North Texas man has been sentenced to the maximum 20 years in prison for using a homemade bomb to try to blow up a natural gas pipeline.
- Abbott: Texas won't legalize medicinal or recreational pot Updated: Jun-01-15 4:17 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Gov. Greg Abbott says Texas won't legalize marijuana for medicinal or recreational use for as long as he's in office.
- Circus performer falls during aerial act at Houston show Updated: Jun-01-15 3:09 pm
HOUSTON - A circus performer is recovering after falling more than 20 feet during an aerial act in Houston.
- Warriors quietly trying to finish one of NBA's best seasons Updated: Jun-01-15 2:56 pm
- Austin dealing with more than 30 synthetic marijuana cases Updated: Jun-01-15 2:46 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Medical officials in Central Texas have treated more than 30 people who got sick from synthetic marijuana in cases since the weekend.
- 10 Things to Know about the Texas legislative session Updated: Jun-01-15 2:16 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Gov. Greg Abbott's first biennial legislative session is over. If you didn't follow along the last 140 days, this is what you missed:
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi testing drones later this week Updated: Jun-01-15 2:06 pm
PORT MANSFIELD, Texas - Drone flights are scheduled this week along the southern Gulf of Mexico as experts from Texas A&M-Corpus Christi do some day-and-night test runs.