- South Texas IHOP a total loss after fire; No injuries Updated: May-24-16 8:16 am
MCALLEN, Texas - Fire officials say an IHOP restaurant in South Texas was a total loss after a fire.
- Missing man found dead in marijuana field near Alvarado Updated: May-24-16 7:43 am
ALVARADO, Texas - Authorities say the body of a missing man was found next to a hand-dug grave at a marijuana grow site south of Fort Worth.
- Texas man sentenced for meth distribution in Mississippi Updated: May-24-16 6:31 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A federal judge in Mississippi has sentenced 38-year-old Texas man to 20 years in prison for distributing crystal meth in George County and surrounding areas.
- Texas education board candidate known for conspiracy posts Updated: May-24-16 2:44 am
AUSTIN, Texas - She is a retired Texas schoolteacher who has claimed President Barack Obama is a gay prostitute, Democrats orchestrated the assassination of John F. Kennedy and dinosaurs might not be extinct had bigger ones on Noah's Ark been able to reproduce.
- Legal cases could affect how Texans cast ballots in November Updated: May-24-16 1:39 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A flurry of legal activity this year could affect how 14 million registered Texas voters cast ballots in November's presidential election.
- US appeals court revisits Texas voter ID law Updated: May-24-16 1:36 am
NEW ORLEANS - A federal appeals court is set to take a second look at a strict Texas voter ID law that was found to be unconstitutional last year.
- Darvish in line Saturday for 1st Rangers start since surgery Updated: May-24-16 1:31 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Yu Darvish is in line to make his first start Saturday for the Texas Rangers in nearly 22 months, and since having Tommy John surgery.
- Rangers encouraged by Holland's outing in 2-0 loss to Angels Updated: May-24-16 1:06 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Derek Holland was encouraged after one of his best outings of the season. The Rangers were even happier that they'll get their former ace, Yu Darvish, on the mound Saturday.
- Pujols hits 569th homer, Angels beat Rangers 2-0 Updated: May-24-16 12:45 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Albert Pujols isn't reflecting yet. He and the Angels have too much work to do.
- Man convicted of murder in Dallas shooting of Iraqi man Updated: May-24-16 12:34 am
DALLAS - An 18-year-old was convicted of murder Monday in the killing of an Iraqi man who was taking photos of his first snowfall in Texas.
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery Updated: May-23-16 7:34 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton will have another surgery on his left knee and not play a game this season for the Texas Rangers.
- North Texas AD Rick Villarreal stepping down after 16 years Updated: May-23-16 7:16 pm
DENTON, Texas - North Texas athletic director Rick Villarreal is stepping down after 16 years, a tenure marked by persistent instability in the football program despite the building of a new stadium.
- Cy Young winner Keuchel looks to rebound after tough start Updated: May-23-16 7:11 pm
HOUSTON - AL Cy Young Award winner Dallas Keuchel is getting plenty of advice as he goes through his worst stretch since breaking into the majors in 2012.
- Houston mayor seeks public help to solve slaying of boy, 11 Updated: May-23-16 6:41 pm
HOUSTON - The mayor of Houston on Monday urged anyone with information about the unsolved slaying of an 11-year-old boy last week as he walked home from school to come forward.
- Small herd of American bison featured at Fort Worth center Updated: May-23-16 6:37 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Bison once roamed the Great Plains by the millions and even made their way through North Texas.
- Standing-room crowd fills cathedral for Emilio Navaira rites Updated: May-23-16 6:31 pm
SAN ANTONIO - An overflow crowd of mourners filled San Fernando Cathedral in San Antonio to bid farewell to Grammy-winning Tejano star Emilio Navaira (nah-VY'-rah).
- Texas immigration facility to house transgender detainees Updated: May-23-16 5:53 pm
DALLAS - A detention facility for immigrants set to open later this year in Texas will include a special unit for transgender people, the second of its kind in the federal system.
- Bevo mascot chosen, returns to Texas sideline in 2016 Updated: May-23-16 5:52 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The University of Texas says a new longhorn steer mascot has been selected and will be introduced at the 2016 season-opener against Notre Dame on Sept. 4.
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return Updated: May-23-16 4:47 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Shin-Soo Choo is back on the disabled list after the right fielder played only one game in his return to the Texas Rangers.
- Convicted killer in 1996 Kerrville slaying set to die Updated: May-23-16 4:27 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A convicted killer on death row for a January 1996 fatal robbery in the Texas Hill Country is set to die later this summer.
- Mexican-American textbook stirs cultural debate in Texas Updated: May-23-16 3:56 pm
HOUSTON - A textbook proposed to help teach the cultural history of Mexican-Americans in Texas public schools is under scrutiny by scholars, some of whom decry the effort as racist and not a reflection of serious academic study.
- Texas parents ask judge to block standardized test scores Updated: May-23-16 3:48 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A group of Texas parents want a judge to scrap results from a statewide standardized test that is under new scrutiny after a computer glitch this spring lost thousands of student answers.
- Get Started: House OKs small business contract legislation Updated: May-23-16 1:34 pm
- Kentucky church remembers father, 3 sons killed in crash Updated: May-23-16 12:31 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A central Kentucky church is remembering a father and three sons who were killed in a weekend crash while visiting family in Texas.
- Houston insurance agent takes plea deal in annuity scam Updated: May-23-16 10:28 am
HOUSTON - A Houston insurance agent indicted on charges she bilked nearly a dozen clients out of more than $3 million in an annuity scam has accepted a 20-year prison term in a plea deal.