- Spurs hand Mavs largest halftime deficit in 116-90 blowout Updated: Feb-06-16 1:14 am
DALLAS - A large San Antonio contingent in the Dallas crowd chanted "go, Spurs, go" during a timeout with the Mavericks on their way to the biggest halftime deficit in franchise history.
- Johnny Manziel's father worried quarterback self-destructing Updated: Feb-06-16 12:12 am
CLEVELAND - With Johnny Manziel's professional career in doubt and his personal life crumbling, his father fears for the troubled quarterback's safety.
- The Latest: Browns owner reached out Manziel, no response Updated: Feb-05-16 11:59 pm
CLEVELAND - The Latest on troubled quarterback Johnny Manziel (all times local):
- Stars' Spezza out after going head-first into boards Updated: Feb-05-16 10:01 pm
DALLAS - Dallas Stars forward Jason Spezza has been placed on injured reserve after he went head-first into the boards and left a game against Colorado.
- New Mexico REAL ID bipartisan compromise passes 2nd test Updated: Feb-05-16 8:04 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Following an emotional meeting where senators revealed they were getting racist emails, a second Senate committee passed Friday a bipartisan proposal aimed at making New Mexico compliant under the federal REAL ID Act.
- Dallas students vote to remove Confederate school name Updated: Feb-05-16 8:02 pm
DALLAS - Students at a Dallas middle school have voted to strip their campus of the name of a Confederate general.
- Doctor gets 30 to life after painkiller overdose deaths Updated: Feb-05-16 7:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles-area doctor convicted of second-degree murder for prescribing pain killers that killed three patients was sentenced Friday to 30 years to life in prison in a landmark case that many in the medical community believe will create a chilling effect among physicians across the country.
- IU associate dean on leave amid sex misconduct allegations Updated: Feb-05-16 7:08 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana University has placed its associate dean of students on administrative leave amid allegations he sexually assaulted a woman in Texas during a December conference.
- Houston man convicted, gets life in slaying over sneakers Updated: Feb-05-16 7:02 pm
HOUSTON - A Texas jury has convicted a 21-year-old Houston man of capital murder in the 2012 fatal shooting of a man over a pair of Air Jordan sneakers the man had just bought.
- Critics dispute plans to change Rollover Pass near Galveston Updated: Feb-05-16 6:54 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - A coalition led by owners of property that includes Rollover Pass and land on either side of the man-made channel connecting East Galveston Bay to the Gulf of Mexico says it is prepared to fight a last-ditch legal battle to prevent the state from closing and filling what has been a hugely popular public fishing site and the focus of environmental, economic and public safety concerns since it was created more than 60 years ago.
- SUPER BOWL: Profiles of key players Updated: Feb-05-16 6:46 pm
Projected starters and key players for the Super Bowl at Santa Clara, California:
- AP News Guide: A look at the 'affluenza' teen case Updated: Feb-05-16 6:16 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - A Texas teenager who used an "affluenza" defense in a fatal drunken-driving wreck was moved to an adult jail on Friday to await a hearing over whether to transfer his case to the adult system.
- Texas authorities move 'affluenza' teen to adult jail Updated: Feb-05-16 6:04 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - The Texas teenager who used an "affluenza" defense in a fatal drunken-driving wreck was transferred to an adult jail on Friday, a week after a judge initially refused to do so.
- Big 12 leaders agree to single voice dealing with big issues Updated: Feb-05-16 5:59 pm
IRVING, Texas - Big 12 presidents and chancellors came to one agreement Friday: While working through the possibility of a football championship game, expansion and a league-wide television network, they are going to defer comments to Commissioner Bob Bowlsby.
- The Latest: Judge met with 'affluenza' teen's attorneys Updated: Feb-05-16 5:34 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - The Latest on the case of "affluenza" teenager Ethan Couch (all times local):
- Goodell proposes what might be called Odell Beckham Jr. Rule Updated: Feb-05-16 5:33 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Call it the Odell Beckham Jr. Rule.
- Hola: Texans-Raiders in Mexico City on Nov. 21 Updated: Feb-05-16 5:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hola. The NFL is heading back to Mexico.
- Texas man charged with transporting meth in Tennessee Updated: Feb-05-16 3:49 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities say a Texas man has been arrested after officers found about 29 pounds of methamphetamine in his vehicle.
- US rig count drops 48 this week to 571; Texas down 19 Updated: Feb-05-16 3:46 pm
HOUSTON - Oilfield services company Baker Hughes Inc. says the number of rigs exploring for oil and natural gas in the U.S. declined by 48 this week to 571.
- Transgender Texas prison inmates can start hormone therapy Updated: Feb-05-16 3:36 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A change in Texas prison system policy means transgender inmates who hadn't started hormone therapy before incarceration can do so behind bars if they go through a thorough process to confirm the diagnosis.
- $10M government drone for being flight tested in San Angelo Updated: Feb-05-16 3:10 pm
SAN ANGELO, Texas - A West Texas commercial airport is being used to test a $10 million government drone meant for border security.
- Ex-prosecutor in Texas must repay $187K, head to jail Monday Updated: Feb-05-16 1:20 pm
FRANKLIN, Texas - A former Central Texas prosecutor accused of stealing from the estate of a woman who died in 2004 must repay nearly $187,000 and serve 30 days in jail.
- Texas baby sitter, 22, gets life term for molesting 2 boys Updated: Feb-05-16 1:13 pm
GILMER, Texas - Prosecutors say a 22-year-old East Texas baby sitter sentenced to life in prison for molesting two boys gave the victims prizes to stay quiet about the sex abuse.
- TCU vs. Texas game moved to Friday after Thanksgiving Updated: Feb-05-16 12:49 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Big 12 has moved the TCU-Texas football game to the Friday after Thanksgiving, instead of playing on the holiday.
- J.J. Watt feels concussions are an expected injury Updated: Feb-05-16 12:30 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt says he knew concussions were a risk when he decided to play football, so he's not any more alarmed by the studies of prolonged head trauma suffered by NFL players.