- 17-year cicadas start to appear in Ohio Updated: May-28-16 10:09 am
ATHENS, Ohio - The anticipated arrival of the 17-year cicadas is at hand in eastern Ohio.
- Ohio city to hear proposal on disposable grocery bag fee Updated: May-19-16 3:18 am
ATHENS, Ohio - The city that houses Ohio University is considering a proposal that would make it the first in the state to charge a fee for non-reusable paper and plastic grocery bags.
- University's decision on reporting law concerns advocates Updated: May-09-16 1:37 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - Ohio University's decision to require all reports of sexual assault at its rape crisis center to be reported to law enforcement is raising concern from advocates who say fear of police involvement could keep people from seeking help.
- Hillicans? As Trump wins, Clinton explores how to woo GOPers Updated: May-04-16 3:50 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - With Donald Trump's remaining rivals bowing out of the race, clearing his path to the nomination, Hillary Clinton is looking for ways to woo Republicans turned off by the brash billionaire.
- Hillary Clinton coming to southeast Ohio on Appalachia tour Updated: May-03-16 12:22 am
ATHENS, Ohio - Hillary Clinton's tour through Appalachia this week includes a trip to southeastern Ohio.
- Feds seek public input on oil-and-gas leasing in Ohio forest Updated: May-01-16 9:14 am
ATHENS, Ohio - A federal agency is seeking public comments on a draft environmental assessment of proposed oil and gas leasing in Wayne National Forest in southeastern Ohio.
- Ohio schools close over misinterpretation of video threat Updated: Apr-29-16 6:00 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - Six Ohio school districts closed on Friday while authorities investigated what turned out to be a misinterpretation of an anonymous video threatening the safety of "American students."
- The Latest: Video threatening US students posted from Europe Updated: Apr-29-16 4:40 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - The Latest on a video threat connected to Ohio University (all times local):