- Founder of Ohio U visual communication program dies at 91 Updated: Nov-21-15 11:42 am
ATHENS, Ohio - Chuck Scott, who founded the visual communication program at Ohio University and served as the school's director for many years, has died. Scott was 91.
- Sprague, Ouellette lead Ohio past Ball State 48-31 Updated: Nov-17-15 10:59 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - JD Sprague had 321 total yards and three touchdowns, A.J. Ouellette ran for a season-high 121 yards and two scores, and Ohio beat Ball State 48-31 on Tuesday night.
- Century-old southeastern Ohio church reborn as museum Updated: Nov-16-15 7:52 am
ATHENS, Ohio - A century-old church that's on the National Register of Historic Places is being reborn as a history museum in southeastern Ohio.
- Ohio beats Florida Gulf Coast 85-75 on strength of Simmons Updated: Nov-14-15 4:32 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - Jaaron Simmons scored 20 points_13 from the free-throw line_and Ohio beat Florida Gulf Coast 85-75 in the season opener for both teams on Saturday.
- Vick has 180 total yards, 2 TDs; Ohio beats Kent State 27-0 Updated: Nov-10-15 11:32 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - Derrius Vick had 180 total yards and two touchdowns, and Ohio beat Kent State 27-0 on Tuesday night to snap a three-game losing streak.
- Football playoffs begin for 224 high school teams in Ohio Updated: Nov-04-15 6:06 pm
The season is complete for two-thirds of the high-school football teams in the state of Ohio. But the second season is just beginning for the rest, the top programs that have reached the state playoffs.
- Ohio University readies for annual Halloween street party Updated: Oct-31-15 4:16 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - Ohio University is reminding its students to be smart and safe during the city's annual Halloween street party, a raucous event typically resulting in the arrest of dozens of booze-fueled students by various law enforcement agencies.