- Michigan House panel to mull 2 lawmakers' fitness for office Updated: Sep-01-15 8:29 am
LANSING, Michigan - A Michigan legislative committee is holding rare disciplinary hearings for two lawmakers who are accused of misusing public resources to hide an extramarital affair.
- Port Huron hospital sale brings name change, improvements Updated: Sep-01-15 8:11 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - A Port Huron hospital is getting a new name and facility upgrades as part of a sale.
- Nebraska AP high school football rankings Updated: Sep-01-15 7:33 am
Here are the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D2. Listings include name of school, season record, previous week's result and this week's opponent. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class. Class A: Dale Miller, Grand Island Independent. Class B: Jeff Fielder, Scottsbluff Star-Herald. Class C1: Tom Behmer, Norfolk Daily News. Class C2: Brent Wasinius, Fremont Tribune. Class D1: Andrew Bottrell, North Platte Telegraph. Class D2: Nick Blasnitz, Hastings Tribune.
- Teen dies, woman injured in suburban Detroit house fire Updated: Sep-01-15 7:22 am
WARREN, Michigan - Authorities say a 17-year-old girl has died in a house fire north of Detroit.
- Woman killed, son hurt in hit-and-run crash in Detroit area Updated: Sep-01-15 7:10 am
STERLING HEIGHTS, Michigan - Authorities say a woman has been killed and her teenage son hurt after being struck by a car while trying to cross a Detroit-area street.
- African spurred tortoise found in Hawks Updated: Sep-01-15 4:08 am
HAWKS, Michigan - A northern Michigan man is taking care of an African spurred tortoise that he found at the side of a road.
- Michigan has new online system for environmental permits Updated: Sep-01-15 4:04 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan has activated a new system designed to streamline the process of obtaining environmental permits required by the federal government.
- Guilty plea likely from Detroit-area priest in fraud case Updated: Sep-01-15 4:04 am
DETROIT - A popular Detroit-area Catholic priest charged with fraud is scheduled to return to court for a likely guilty plea.
- Police: Man dies after truck filled with rocks overturns Updated: Sep-01-15 3:28 am
HANOVER TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Police say a man has died in Jackson County after a dump truck he was sitting in overturned and rolled down a hill after being filled with rocks.
- Wayne State scholarships given out in name of self-help guru Updated: Sep-01-15 1:55 am
DETROIT - Dozens of Wayne State University students have received scholarships in the name of the late motivational author Wayne Dyer since 2008.
- AAA Michigan projects 1.2M to travel over Labor Day weekend Updated: Sep-01-15 1:49 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - AAA Michigan projects roughly 1.2 million Michigan residents will travel away from home this Labor Day weekend, the most since 2008.
- The Latest: Courser rips 'doctored' report, says he's target Updated: Aug-31-15 10:35 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The latest on the release of a report describing misconduct by two Michigan lawmakers who had an affair (all times local):
- Chad Curtis can't interview women in sexual misconduct case Updated: Aug-31-15 8:24 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Former MLB player Chad Curtis says the young women who accuse him of sexual misconduct at a Michigan high school are looking for a payday.
- Judge: Challenge to Flint water rates can be class-action Updated: Aug-31-15 8:08 pm
FLINT, Michigan - A judge says a lawyer challenging Flint over water bills can turn the case into a class-action lawsuit, potentially affecting 30,000 people.
- Man who ran popular eatery pleads guilty to disability fraud Updated: Aug-31-15 6:43 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A man who ran a popular restaurant in western Michigan while telling the government he couldn't work because of a bad back has pleaded guilty to disability fraud.
- Jury selected in murder trial for 13-year-old Michigan boy Updated: Aug-31-15 6:11 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A jury was selected Monday in the trial of a 13-year-old boy charged with fatally stabbing a 9-year-old boy at a western Michigan playground.
- Chinese auto supplier to build headquarters in Detroit area Updated: Aug-31-15 5:10 pm
NORTHVILLE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has announced a Chinese auto supplier will build a U.S. headquarters and technical center in southeastern Michigan.
- Judicial watchdog: Remove Ann Arbor-area judge from bench Updated: Aug-31-15 5:02 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A judge in Washtenaw County could lose his job.
- Oklahoma, Michigan attorneys general call for Iran sanctions Updated: Aug-31-15 4:40 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The attorneys general of Oklahoma and Michigan are urging leaders in every state to impose state-based sanctions against Iran in response to a nuclear accord between Iran, the U.S. and other nations.
- Authorities release name of Lake St. Clair drowning victim Updated: Aug-31-15 12:17 pm
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities have released the name of a man from India who drowned while swimming in Lake St. Clair.
- 2 stabbed to death, 1 wounded in suburban Detroit home Updated: Aug-31-15 10:46 am
STERLING HEIGHTS, Michigan - Two members of a Detroit-area family have been stabbed to death and a third member wounded during an altercation in their home.
- Nearly 200 tickets issued during student welcome weekend Updated: Aug-31-15 8:52 am
MOUNT PLEASANT, Michigan - Nearly 200 people were ticketed by police and 22 arrested during student Welcome Weekend at Central Michigan University.
- Moody's downgrades ratings of 43 Michigan school districts Updated: Aug-31-15 7:25 am
LANSING, Michigan - Moody's Investors Service has downgraded the credit ratings of more than three dozen Michigan school districts this year.
- Custodial firm files suit against Benton Harbor Area Schools Updated: Aug-31-15 5:58 am
BENTON HARBOR, Michigan - A company is suing Benton Harbor Area Schools for what it says are unpaid custodial services.
- 7 vehicles damaged in Ford airport parking garage fire Updated: Aug-31-15 5:37 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A parking garage fire at a western Michigan airport has left seven vehicles damaged.