- 'Stunning' number of large drug doses by doctor, expert says Updated: Jul-06-15 9:49 pm
DETROIT - Patients of a Detroit-area doctor received "stunning" doses of a powerful, expensive drug that exposed them to life-threatening infections, an expert testified Monday as a judge heard details about a cancer specialist who fleeced insurance companies and harmed hundreds of people.
- Tigers claim 1B-OF Krauss off waivers from Tampa Bay Updated: Jul-06-15 8:17 pm
- Stabenow, Upton tour Fort Custer, missile project candidate Updated: Jul-06-15 6:49 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow and U.S. Rep Fred Upton have toured Fort Custer, a site in competition for a proposed $3 billion ballistic missile defense system.
- Ex-jail guard gets 6 months after admitting sex with inmate Updated: Jul-06-15 5:55 pm
PORT HURON, Michigan - A former St. Clair County jail guard who admits having sex with an inmate while he was on work release has been sentenced to 10 months in jail, with four months of that suspended.
- Agent testifies; no sentence yet for Happy's Pizza founder Updated: Jul-06-15 5:23 pm
DETROIT - Lawyers for the founder of the Happy's Pizza chain are asking a judge to consider two years of community service as part of his punishment for tax crimes.
- Man competent for trial in slayings of mother, 2 children Updated: Jul-06-15 5:19 pm
DORR TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 32-year-old man will stand trial in the shooting deaths of a one-time girlfriend and her two children.
- Police ID man who died after kayak capsized in Michigan lake Updated: Jul-06-15 5:09 pm
DAYTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - State police have identified a 26-year-old man who drowned while kayaking on a lake in western Michigan.
- Michigan woman frisked, jailed, for not renewing dog license Updated: Jul-06-15 3:58 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A western Michigan woman heads to court Tuesday after being arrested for failing to renew her dog's license.
- 'Warning stroke' forces coach to walk away from basketball Updated: Jul-06-15 1:44 pm
NEENAH, Wisconsin - This wasn't the path Scott Bork envisioned for himself when he was named the Neenah boys basketball coach three summers ago.
- Snyder declares state of disaster after Ionia County tornado Updated: Jul-06-15 12:21 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder has declared a state of disaster for Ionia County after tornado last month caused significant damage to the city of Portland.
- Motorcyclist fleeing state police severed at waist in crash Updated: Jul-06-15 11:52 am
BAY CITY, Michigan - A motorcyclist has been severed at the waist during a crash while fleeing police in Bay City, east of Saginaw.
- Authorities: Man helping put on fireworks display is injured Updated: Jul-06-15 11:46 am
PORT SANILAC, Michigan - Authorities say a man helping to put on a fireworks show along Lake Huron was injured when a mortar was inadvertently ignited on the ground.
- Events to mark 102nd anniversary of Gerald Ford's birth Updated: Jul-06-15 11:24 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Events marking the 102nd anniversary of the birth of President Gerald Ford are planned in Michigan.
- DTE Energy rail project to eliminate dangerous crossing Updated: Jul-06-15 9:43 am
TRENTON, Michigan - Officials say a project to extend a rail line in a DTE Energy Co. rail yard in suburban Detroit is designed to improve safety and traffic flow.
- Authorities: Body of man found in Clinton River spillway Updated: Jul-06-15 9:20 am
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say the body of a 54-year-old homeless man has been found floating in the Clinton River spillway in suburban Detroit.
- Hundreds search for 9-year-old boy at Flint-area park Updated: Jul-06-15 8:56 am
DAVISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Hundreds of law enforcement officials and volunteers have joined the search for a 9-year-old boy reported missing following a gathering at a Flint-area park.
- Need for more compost sites highlighted in Detroit suburbs Updated: Jul-06-15 8:02 am
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - The question about whether the city of Warren will be able to dump yard waste including grass clippings in another Detroit suburb is drawing attention to the need for more compost sites in Michigan.
- Grant to help jumpstart Muskegon middle-income housing plan Updated: Jul-06-15 7:31 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A $250,000 state grant to fight blight in Muskegon will help jumpstart a $1 million plan to build new middle-income homes.
- Trial reset for 2 facing murder charges in death of boy, 7 Updated: Jul-06-15 7:14 am
DETROIT - A trial has been rescheduled for August for a woman and her boyfriend in the death of the woman's 7-year-old son.
- Nonprofit plans drone training center at Detroit airport Updated: Jul-06-15 6:35 am
DETROIT - A nonprofit is planning to invest up to $1 million to create a drone training center at Detroit's municipal airport.
- Dearborn considers whether to ban smoking in public parks Updated: Jul-06-15 5:32 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - The city of Dearborn is considering whether to ban smoking in all of its public parks because of health concerns.
- Ill children to get safe place to play in healing center Updated: Jul-06-15 4:13 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The first year-round recreational center in the nation specifically designed for kids coping with cancer or serious illness will open in September in Grand Rapids.
- 2 men uninjured after ultralight aircraft gets stuck in tree Updated: Jul-06-15 1:40 am
CLAY TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Two men have been rescued after their ultralight aircraft malfunctioned and got stuck in a tree on a sparsely populated island in northern Lake St. Clair in eastern Michigan.
- Daniela Iacobelli wins Symetra Tour's Tullymore Classic Updated: Jul-05-15 8:17 pm
STANWOOD, Michigan - Daniela Iacobelli birdied the final two holes Sunday for a one-stroke victory in the Symetra Tour's Tullymore Classic.
- Detroit-to-Flint march highlights 2 cities' water problems Updated: Jul-05-15 7:29 pm
PONTIAC, Michigan - Critics of water shutoffs in Detroit and water quality problems in Flint are holding a 70-mile protest march between the two southeastern Michigan cities.