- Michigan Legislature sends Flint election bill to governor Updated: Jun-03-15 3:47 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Flint's mayoral election could proceed under the terms of legislation that comes after the race was botched when the city clerk provided an incorrect filing deadline.
- Murder trial in man's stroke death after child-rearing fight Updated: Jun-03-15 2:11 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A judge in western Michigan has ordered a murder trial for a man accused of causing a friend's fatal stroke by putting him in a chokehold during an alcohol-fueled fight over child-rearing methods.
- Michigan Senate holds hearing on state Treasurer Nick Khouri Updated: Jun-03-15 1:52 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A Michigan Senate committee grilled the newly appointed state treasurer in a hearing Wednesday, but it remains to be seen whether he'll be approved.
- Michigan lawmakers begin approving $54.5 billion budget Updated: Jun-03-15 1:31 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Lawmakers began approving a $54.5 billion state budget Wednesday with more funding for roads, schools and Michigan's Medicaid expansion program.
- Monroe County warns people against swimming at 4 beaches Updated: Jun-03-15 12:29 pm
MONROE, Michigan - The Monroe County Health Department is warning people against full body contact with water at four public beach areas along Lake Erie.
- Police: Van hits 2 teenage girls in Detroit, killing 1 Updated: Jun-03-15 12:07 pm
DETROIT - Police say a 14-year-old girl is dead and a 15-year-old girl was critically injured after they were struck by a van on Detroit's northwest side.
- Hours being expanded for popular Belle Isle attractions Updated: Jun-03-15 11:35 am
DETROIT - Summer hours for some attractions on Belle Isle in Detroit are being expanded.
- Simulated disaster exercise held at Detroit Metro Airport Updated: Jun-03-15 10:00 am
ROMULUS, Michigan - Detroit Metropolitan Airport hosted a plane crash drill, allowing crews to put the airport's emergency response procedures to the test.
- Display in Grand Haven offers chance to share life goals Updated: Jun-03-15 9:59 am
GRAND HAVEN, Michigan - An interactive art display in downtown Grand Haven is offering people a chance to share their life goals.
- Wildlife managers win appeal to ban exotic pigs in Michigan Updated: Jun-03-15 9:47 am
MARQUETTE, Michigan - The Michigan appeals court has ruled in favor of wildlife managers in their effort to ban Russian boars and similar pig breeds.
- Man who had murder charges dismissed sentenced in drug case Updated: Jun-03-15 9:37 am
YPSILANTI, Michigan - A Washtenaw County man who had murder charges against him dismissed in the June 2014 fatal shooting of a 17-year-old boy during a gang conflict has been sentenced on drug charges.
- Boy accused of pretending to be FBI agent awaits court Updated: Jun-03-15 7:28 am
YPSILANTI TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 17-year-old Michigan boy who authorities say pretended to be an FBI agent is awaiting a juvenile court hearing in Ohio.
- District policy could require students to take state tests Updated: Jun-03-15 6:35 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The public school district in Ann Arbor is considering whether to require all students to take state exams and keep those who don't out of some school programs.
- Work planned to stem PCB contamination in St. Clair Shores Updated: Jun-03-15 6:23 am
ST. CLAIR SHORES, Michigan - Crews plan to dig up a pair of manhole vaults as part of ongoing efforts by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to stem PCB contamination in the Detroit suburb of St. Clair Shores.
- Fire equipment being tested on deck of International Bridge Updated: Jun-03-15 5:57 am
SAULT STE. MARIE, Michigan - Fire equipment is being tested this week on the bridge linking the U.S. and Canada in the Upper Peninsula.
- House committee to vote on Michigan road funding package Updated: Jun-03-15 5:40 am
LANSING, Michigan - A Michigan legislative committee is expected to vote on a package proposed by Republican House Speaker Kevin Cotter to eventually put more than $1 billion a year toward repairing the state's roads.
- Police: Hartford man hit by train while walking on tracks Updated: Jun-03-15 1:45 am
HARTFORD, Michigan - Police have identified a man who was struck and killed by a train in southwestern Michigan while walking on railroad tracks.
- Oakland County law enforcement to hand out 3,000 gun locks Updated: Jun-03-15 1:45 am
PONTIAC, Michigan - Authorities in one county in the Detroit area are handing out 3,000 free trigger locks as they mark Gun Safety Awareness Day.
- Michigan stays alive as Wagner shuts out Florida 1-0 in WCWS Updated: Jun-03-15 12:08 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Haylie Wagner hadn't started in more than two weeks. She was ready when called upon.
- Tigers lose 5th in a row, 5-3 to Athletics Updated: Jun-03-15 12:02 am
DETROIT - Ian Kinsler fielded a sharp groundball, realized he had no play at second, then quickly threw home.
- Zobrist's grand slam lifts A's to 5-3 win over Tigers Updated: Jun-02-15 11:27 pm
DETROIT - Ben Zobrist figured his line drive with the bases loaded was hit hard enough to go over the right fielder's head.
- Netherlands king, queen visit Michigan as part of US tour Updated: Jun-02-15 9:47 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The king of the Netherlands and his wife helped plant a tree and paid tribute to western Michigan's Dutch heritage during a visit to the state Tuesday as part of a multi-day U.S. trip.
- Prison workers cutting potatoes find maggots, delaying lunch Updated: Jun-02-15 9:29 pm
BLACKMAN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - The state says inmates at a Jackson-area prison found maggots while cutting up raw potatoes in a food preparation area.
- Authorities clean up 500-gallon spill into Clinton River Updated: Jun-02-15 9:14 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Authorities are finishing their cleanup efforts after about 500 gallons of a suspected petroleum product spilled into the Clinton River in suburban Detroit and spread for several miles.
- Panel to study proposals for Great Lakes fish farming Updated: Jun-02-15 6:48 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A panel of experts will study proposals to allow fish farming in Michigan's Great Lakes waters.