- Remains of homeless woman buried next to mom in Port Huron Updated: May-26-16 3:16 am
PORT HURON, Michigan - The remains of a 79-year-old homeless woman killed in a hit-and-crash in September have been buried beside her mother in Port Huron.
- Cafe has to change name after Caribou Coffee files lawsuit Updated: May-26-16 2:55 am
BEULAH, Michigan - A cafe in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula has to change its name after a couple was accused by coffee store chain Caribou Coffee of trademark infringement.
- Ohio State beats Michigan 8-3 Updated: May-26-16 1:50 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Nick Sergakis hit two home runs to lead Ohio State past Michigan 8-3 Wednesday in the Big Ten tournament.
- AP: 14 security fence breaches at Detroit airport since 2004 Updated: May-26-16 12:45 am
ROMULUS, Michigan - An Associated Press investigation has found that people crashed cars into or otherwise breached the security fencing at Detroit Metropolitan Airport more than authorities have disclosed. In all, there were 14 intrusions from 2004 through mid-February.
- 1 tough shell: Michigan turtle still around - at age 83 Updated: May-25-16 9:37 pm
PINCKNEY, Michigan - There were high-fives and a celebratory bottle of wine. Why? Researchers found an 83-year-old turtle.
- Michigan officials to consider rules on fish 'chumming' Updated: May-25-16 9:01 pm
LANSING, Michigan - State wildlife policymakers are considering whether to make rules dealing with "chumming," or luring fish by tossing organic material or bait into the water.
- New mural features Obama, girl who asked him to visit Flint Updated: May-25-16 9:01 pm
FLINT, Michigan - A new mural features President Barack Obama and the girl who invited him to visit Flint amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted water.
- Man dies while swimming in Washtenaw County Updated: May-25-16 8:36 pm
YPSILANTI TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say an 18-year-old man has died while swimming at a small lake in Washtenaw County.
- Authorities: Driver fleeing police dies in Holland crash Updated: May-25-16 8:33 pm
HOLLAND, Michigan - Authorities say a driver fleeing from police has died after crashing his SUV in western Michigan.
- Race to Rio is intense among South Koreans on LPGA Tour Updated: May-25-16 8:32 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The race to Rio is playing out all over the globe with athletes competing for coveted spots.
- Boy's decomposed body found in Detroit apartment Updated: May-25-16 8:12 pm
DETROIT - The body of a young boy has been found in a Detroit apartment.
- Families dash to get residents from assisted-living home Updated: May-25-16 7:58 pm
LIVONIA, Michigan - Dozens of people at a Detroit-area assisted living home have been forced to leave after state inspectors found fire-safety problems.
- Aide refused to send ex-Michigan lawmaker's false email Updated: May-25-16 6:27 pm
LANSING, Michigan - An aide testified Wednesday that a former Michigan lawmaker asked him to send an outlandishly false, sexually explicit email to thousands of fellow Republicans as a ruse so his extramarital affair with another legislator would not be believed if it became public, but the staffer refused because he thought it was unethical and possibly illegal.
- Sanchez struggles again, Tigers lose 8-5 to Phillies Updated: May-25-16 6:22 pm
DETROIT - If Anibal Sanchez could have one pitch back, maybe the Detroit Tigers would have beaten Philadelphia.
- Pipeline oil spill drill takes place on St. Clair River Updated: May-25-16 6:01 pm
MARYSVILLE, Michigan - U.S. and Canadian agencies have staged a mock oil spill response in the area where an underground pipeline runs beneath the St. Clair River near Marysville.
- Herrera's homer helps Phillies to 8-5 win over Tigers Updated: May-25-16 5:51 pm
DETROIT - With a series in Chicago against the Cubs looming next on the schedule, Philadelphia manager Pete Mackanin felt leaving Detroit with at least one victory was crucial.
- Appeals court affirms 45-year sentence for cancer doctor Updated: May-25-16 5:48 pm
DETROIT - An appeals court has affirmed the 45-year prison sentence for a Detroit-area cancer doctor who put hundreds of patients through needless treatments.
- Senator sponsors bill on bathroom use by transgender kids Updated: May-25-16 5:42 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A Michigan senator has introduced legislation that could stop transgender students from using bathrooms that don't match their "biological sex" after some state GOP lawmakers were outraged by draft guidelines from the State Board of Education that included recommendations on addressing transgender K-12 students.
- Michigan kidnapping suspect charged in unrelated killing Updated: May-25-16 5:39 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A western Michigan man was charged Wednesday with killing a female jogger in 2014, after authorities investigating him in the recent abduction of a 16-year-old girl say they matched a gun in his van to the fatal shooting.
- Spartans use big inning to beat Nebraska 5-1 in B10 tourney Updated: May-25-16 5:28 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Left-hander Cam Vieaux allowed three hits over 8 2/3 innings and Michigan State scored all of its runs in the sixth in a 5-1 victory over Nebraska in the Big Ten tournament on Wednesday.
- The Latest: Michigan man faces murder charge in 2014 death Updated: May-25-16 4:23 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - The Latest on charges filed against a Michigan man in the 2014 fatal shooting of a 36-year-old woman (all times local):
- US Army to test driverless vehicle technology in Michigan Updated: May-25-16 3:16 pm
LAPEER, Michigan - A convoy of U.S. Army vehicles will cruise along a stretch of Interstate 69 in Michigan as part of an initial testing of driverless military vehicle equipment on public roadways.
- Charges filed against kin in shootings of 2 Detroit kids Updated: May-25-16 2:24 pm
DETROIT - Charges have been filed in two shootings that killed a child and injured another in Detroit.
- Tigers manager Ausmus missing game because of mother's death Updated: May-25-16 1:57 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Tigers manager Brad Ausmus is missing Wednesday's game against the Philadelphia Phillies because of the death of his mother.
- Bill going to Snyder would make coerced abortion a crime Updated: May-25-16 1:28 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Coercing a woman to have an abortion would be a misdemeanor in Michigan, under a bill sent to Gov. Rick Snyder.