- Tribunal: India, Italy should agree on Italian marine's bail Updated: May-03-16 10:15 am
NEW DELHI - India and Italy should work toward an agreement to allow an Italian marine to return home while an arbitration process continues in the fatally shootings of two Indian fishermen in 2012, a tribunal said Tuesday.
- Italy: Hague tribunal OKs marine's return from India for now Updated: May-02-16 2:59 pm
ROME - An international tribunal in The Hague has decided that an Italian marine being held in India in the shooting deaths of two Indian fishermen mistaken for pirates can return home for the duration of arbitration, the Italian foreign ministry said Monday.
- Watchdog looks to counter new chemical weapons threats Updated: May-01-16 5:57 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - With about 92 percent of the world's declared chemical weapons stockpiles destroyed, the watchdog agency overseeing the elimination of poison gas and nerve agents is looking now to counter emerging threats from extremist groups while still dealing with unfinished business in Syria.
- Turkish-Dutch journalist detained over Erdogan tweet Updated: Apr-24-16 12:21 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish authorities on Sunday released a Turkish-Dutch journalist from police custody but barred her from leaving Turkey as they continue to investigate tweets she posted about President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo visits Netherlands Updated: Apr-22-16 8:01 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Indonesian President Joko Widodo paid an official visit to the Netherlands on Friday aimed at drumming up trade and investment from the country that long was Indonesia's colonial ruler.
- Kenya wants to prosecute its nationals wanted by the ICC Updated: Apr-21-16 3:43 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya's government wants three Kenyans wanted by The Hague-based International Criminal Court to be prosecuted locally, the attorney general said Thursday.
- Dutch court quashes $50 billion Yukos shareholders' award Updated: Apr-20-16 8:01 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A Dutch court on Wednesday quashed a $50 billion award Russia had been ordered to pay the former majority shareholders of Yukos, a major win for Moscow in the high-stakes dispute over the dismantling of what was once Russia's largest oil producer.
- The Latest: UN Security Council condemns Taliban attack Updated: Apr-19-16 7:57 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Latest on the militant assault on an Afghan government security compound in Kabul (all times local):
- Britain aligns with US on response to South China Sea case Updated: Apr-18-16 5:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Britain said Monday it will stand alongside the U.S. in supporting an upcoming ruling by an international tribunal in a case that challenges the legality of China's expansive territorial claims in the South China Sea.