- Asian stocks mixed after Fed leaves rates unchanged Updated: Jul-30-15 12:55 am
BEIJING - Chinese stocks held steady Thursday following this week's turbulence while other Asian markets were mixed after the U.S. Federal Reserve left interest rates unchanged at a record low.
- Move could be in store for Amarillo's Big Texan Steak Ranch Updated: Jul-29-15 6:14 pm
AMARILLO, Texas - The Lee brothers of The Big Texan Steak Ranch are weighing a decision much heavier than the 72-ounce steak for which their family tourism empire has become known.
- China auto sales slump hits industry fortunes Updated: Jul-29-15 6:34 am
BEIJING - General Motors Co.'s $5 billion initiative to create cars for China and other emerging markets comes just as automakers face a collapse in the booming Chinese demand they were counting on to power their growth.
- Q&A: What stock market tumble means for China, rest of world Updated: Jul-28-15 7:08 am
BEIJING - China's stock market tumbled this week despite a massive government intervention aimed at halting a slide in prices that began last month. At its peak in early June, the Shanghai Composite Index had risen about 150 percent from late 2014. After dropping 30 percent over several weeks, government support measures calmed the market. But on Monday the sell-off resumed, with the Shanghai index suffering a drop of 8.5 percent, its biggest daily fall since February 2007. Here's what the sell-off means for China's economy and other countries.
- Delta Air to buy stake in China Eastern Airlines Updated: Jul-27-15 4:56 pm
NEW YORK - Delta said it will pay $450 million to buy a stake in China Eastern Airlines as the Atlanta-based airline seeks to expand into China's fast-growing travel industry.
- China lifting ban on sales of video game consoles Updated: Jul-27-15 8:04 am
BEIJING - China is lifting its ban on sales of video game consoles to promote the industry and a new manufacturing zone in Shanghai.
- Market meltdown threatens China's transfer spending Updated: Jul-22-15 12:54 am
Just when the spending power of the Chinese Super League looked set to make it a major player in football's transfer market, the country's recent economic stumbles have emerged as a brake on its ambitions.
- Taking stock of China's crash: How US investors are affected Updated: Jul-16-15 5:32 pm
NEW YORK - It's tempting to think of China's stock market crash this summer as just a faraway problem. It's not.
- China's 2Q economic growth steady at 7 percent Updated: Jul-15-15 1:08 am
BEIJING - China's economic growth in the latest quarter held steady at 7 percent, its weakest performance since the global crisis, but better retail sales and factory output in June suggested efforts to reverse the slump might be gaining traction.
- South Korea picks preferred bidder to lift sunken ferry Updated: Jul-15-15 12:44 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea on Wednesday selected a Chinese-led consortium as a preferred bidder to salvage a sunken ferry that killed more than 300 people in April last year in one of the country's deadliest disasters in decades.
- China accuses trading firms of manipulating stocks Updated: Jul-13-15 6:10 am
BEIJING - Authorities accused securities firms of manipulating stock prices during China's market plunge and launched a crackdown Monday against unlicensed companies that financed speculative trading.
- After evading lawsuits, counterfeiter gets US green card Updated: Jul-12-15 5:06 am
SHANGHAI - The Chinese woman has a history of selling counterfeit luxury goods. She has been sued in the U.S. by eight luxury brands. She owes Chanel Inc. $6.9 million for selling products online under its name.
- China's underground banks spread pain as defaults rise Updated: Jul-10-15 2:58 am
BEIJING - Fan Xiaolin, an engineer in Changsha in central China, thought he was safe when he deposited his family's savings of 800,000 yuan ($130,000) in a private finance company he said was recommended by employees of state-owned Bank of China.
- Chinese stocks vs. reality: Shares are untethered to economy Updated: Jul-09-15 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - There's economic reality. Then there's the Chinese stock market.
- Wave of Chinese firms halt stock trading to avoid turmoil Updated: Jul-09-15 8:58 am
HONG KONG - Faced with a stomach-turning slide in share prices, many Chinese companies are taking matters into their own hands with a tactic that experts say is bound to backfire: they're pressing the pause button.
- How exposed are you to the volatile Chinese stock market? Updated: Jul-09-15 7:49 am
NEW YORK - The extreme volatility in China's stock market is ongoing and about half of the 2,800 companies listed in the country's mainline index have suspended trading of their shares.
- Russia plays down risk of turmoil from Chinese stock fall Updated: Jul-08-15 11:35 am
UFA, Russia - Russia says it does not expect to feel economic instability due to the sharp fall in Chinese stock markets.
- China to create $19B fund to support plunging stock market Updated: Jul-04-15 11:34 pm
BEIJING - More than two dozen companies in China are postponing initial public offerings and security companies are pledging more than $19 billion for a fund to stabilize the country's free-falling stock market.
- Shanghai to host Italian Super Cup between Juve and Lazio Updated: Jul-03-15 1:15 pm
MILAN - The Italian Super Cup between Juventus and Lazio will be played Aug. 8 in Shanghai.
- China scrambles to reassure jittery stock traders Updated: Jul-01-15 10:55 am
BEIJING - Chinese authorities are scrambling to reassure jittery investors after soaring stock markets plunged, threatening to set back economic reform plans.