- Pictographs dating back hundreds of years vandalized Updated: Jul-31-15 2:18 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Helena National Forest is trying to figure out who vandalized pictographs dating back from hundreds to thousands of years ago in Hellgate Canyon.
- Prescription drug abuse reduction initiative launched Updated: Jul-29-15 8:11 pm
HELENA, Montana - An initiative launched Wednesday in Montana aims to curb rampant prescription drug abuse.
- Public employee retirees settle pension lawsuit with state Updated: Jul-28-15 3:22 pm
HELENA, Montana - About 20,000 retired state and local government employees will keep a 3 percent annual increase in pension benefits in the settlement of a lawsuit with the state of Montana.
- Helena man files for governor after horse business fails Updated: Jul-24-15 6:17 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Helena man has filed to run for Montana governor in 2016.
- Montana lethal injection challenge set for trial Updated: Jul-24-15 4:12 pm
HELENA, Montana - Attorneys representing the state and Montana's two death row inmates will have one last chance to convince a judge to decide a seven-year legal battle over execution procedures before the case goes to trial later this summer.
- Evacuation orders lifted for wildfire near Townsend Updated: Jul-23-15 11:18 pm
HELENA, Montana - Authorities have lifted the evacuation order for about 40 homes east of Townsend that had been threatened by a wildfire.
- BP asks Montana judge to dismiss lawsuit alleging deceit Updated: Jul-23-15 8:56 pm
HELENA, Montana - Attorneys for BP asked a Montana judge Thursday to dismiss a lawsuit by the state alleging the oil giant has deliberately concealed information for decades.
- Lawsuit against Montana liquor price hike moves to US court Updated: Jul-23-15 4:52 pm
HELENA, Montana - The owners of Lolo Liquor are challenging a new Montana law they say violates their contract with the state and will cost them thousands in commission.
- Wildfire closes popular Glacier Park roadway Updated: Jul-22-15 5:47 am
HELENA, Montana - Wildfires in Montana have forced the closure of Glacier National Park's most popular roadway and prompted the evacuation of homes in the central part of the state.
- Wildfires near Townsend, Helena prompt evacuations Updated: Jul-21-15 10:41 pm
HELENA, Montana - Wildfires broke out Tuesday in central and northwestern Montana, leading to the evacuation of homes near Helena and Townsend and the closure of Glacier National Park's most popular roadway.
- Montana regulator to sue CenturyLink for slow response times Updated: Jul-21-15 6:56 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's Public Service Commission decided Tuesday to sue CenturyLink for failing to promptly restore out-of-service landlines.
- Drought dings quality of winter wheat in Northwest Updated: Jul-20-15 7:25 pm
HELENA, Montana - Intense drought conditions have shrunk the kernels and disrupted the proteins of winter wheat crops in Montana, Washington, Oregon and Idaho, the region that produces a fifth of the U.S. harvest.
- Montana governor, federal agency sign sage grouse deal Updated: Jul-20-15 3:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock signed an agreement Monday with the U.S. Department of Agriculture pledging cooperation on efforts to protect declining populations of greater sage grouse.
- Man suspected of setting 2 fires charged with arson Updated: Jul-17-15 4:46 pm
HELENA, Montana - A man is facing felony arson charges for setting two fires in the Helena area and then calling 911 to report them.
- Victims identified in Montana head-on crash that killed 3 Updated: Jul-17-15 9:31 am
HELENA, Montana - The three victims of a head-on crash in west-central Montana were siblings.
- Man arrested on suspicion of arson in business fire Updated: Jul-16-15 6:26 pm
HELENA, Montana - A 31-year-old Helena man has been arrested on suspicion of arson for a fire that caused an estimated $1 million in damage to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
- New law requires 2 vaccines for students by October Updated: Jul-16-15 9:58 am
HELENA, Montana - Health officials are reminding parents to vaccinate kids against chickenpox and whooping cough as a new state law takes effect this fall.
- 2 pickups crash head-on in Montana, killing 3, injuring 5 Updated: Jul-15-15 7:59 pm
WOLF CREEK, Montana - A head-on collision between two pickup trucks in Montana killed three people and injured five others.
- Drought makes 24 counties eligible for federal assistance Updated: Jul-15-15 6:59 pm
HELENA, Montana - The U.S. Secretary of Agriculture has designated 15 Montana counties as natural disaster areas due to drought.
- Convicted double murderer must pay public defender $37K Updated: Jul-15-15 5:26 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Maryland woman convicted of killing her estranged husband and his girlfriend in Montana must pay nearly $37,000 for the cost of her public defender, the Montana Supreme Court has ruled.
- Quadriplegic missionary receives $26M settlement after crash Updated: Jul-14-15 6:07 pm
HELENA, Montana - Insurers for the Southern Baptist Convention have agreed to pay $26 million to a South Carolina man who was paralyzed and suffered brain damage in a rollover crash during a 2009 missionary trip in Montana, Attorney Anders Blewett said Tuesday.
- Bail set at $200K in child death case Updated: Jul-14-15 10:33 am
HELENA, Montana - Bail was set at $200,000 for a Helena man who was charged with attempted deliberate homicide after his girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter suffered critical injuries while in his care.
- Helena man arrested, 2-year-old girl died Updated: Jul-13-15 5:23 pm
HELENA, Montana - Lewis and Clark County prosecutors are re-evaluating the charges filed against a 25-year-old Helena man after his girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter died of injuries suffered while in his care.
- Court to consider medical marijuana commercial sales Updated: Jul-13-15 4:50 pm
HELENA, Montana - Advocates are asking the Montana Supreme Court to reject the state's push to end commercial sales of medical marijuana, saying that elderly and disabled patients' access would be cut off if they can't buy the drug.
- Human remains found in house destroyed by fire Updated: Jul-12-15 3:46 pm
HELENA, Montana - Human remains have been found in a Helena-area home that burned to the ground this past week.