- Plan to remove Forrest statue from Memphis park moves ahead Updated: Jul-02-15 4:05 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Plans to remove the statue and gravesite of Confederate cavalryman Nathan Bedford Forrest from a Memphis park are moving forward.
- AP Source: Grizzlies agree to terms with Brandan Wright Updated: Jul-01-15 7:48 pm
The Memphis Grizzlies have agreed to terms with free-agent forward Brandan Wright, a person familiar with the situation said.
- Grizzlies' Martin says he has stress fracture in his foot Updated: Jun-29-15 4:06 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis Grizzlies first-round draft pick Jarell Martin says he has a stress fracture in his foot that will prevent him from playing in any summer league games.
- First lady, Memphis police deliver books to children Updated: Jun-29-15 5:09 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Children in Memphis are getting some new reading material, thanks to local police and first lady Crissy Haslam.
- Nike celebrates expansion of Memphis facility Updated: Jun-27-15 4:26 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Nike showed off a new $276 million expansion of its facility in a northern suburb of Memphis.
- Same-sex couple marries in Nashville after ban overturned Updated: Jun-26-15 8:30 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nikki von Haeger and Lauren Mesnard became the first same-sex couple to marry in Nashville after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the state's gay marriage ban Friday.
- The Latest: Supreme Court overturns Tenn. gay marriage ban Updated: Jun-26-15 5:16 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Latest from Tennessee on the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling overturning the state's ban on same-sex marriage and making it legal everywhere in the United States. (All times Central)
- Grizzlies select LSU forward Jarell Martin with 25th pick Updated: Jun-26-15 2:06 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace is a longtime friend of former LSU basketball coach Dale Brown. Their association played a role in the Grizzlies selecting LSU forward Jarell Martin with their first-round pick in the NBA draft Thursday night.
- Call grows louder to remove bust of Confederate general Updated: Jun-24-15 9:47 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The call to remove a bust of a Confederate general and Ku Klux Klan leader from the halls of the Tennessee Capitol got louder on Wednesday.
- Memphis 2016 budget includes raises for fire, police Updated: Jun-24-15 4:06 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Police and fire employees will receive a 2 percent raise in the fiscal year 2016 budget approved by the Memphis City Council.
- Presley's concert-worn jumpsuit to be auctioned at Graceland Updated: Jun-24-15 3:35 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A light blue jumpsuit worn by Elvis Presley during concerts in 1973 is one of more than 170 items being auctioned at Graceland in August.
- Grizzlies' draft options center around Marc Gasol's decision Updated: Jun-23-15 1:21 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Not knowing what All-Star center Marc Gasol will do as a free agent leaves the Memphis Grizzlies facing a variety of options of what they could do in the NBA Draft.
- Stories of love, life, death in high court gay marriage case Updated: Jun-22-15 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - A middle-of-the night trip to the emergency room, with her 9-month-old son coughing and laboring to breathe, gave Pam Yorksmith her latest reminder of why she took up the fight for same-sex marriage.
- Parts of several Southeastern states under heat advisories Updated: Jun-22-15 4:47 pm
NEW ORLEANS - With summer barely begun, forecasters are already issuing heat advisories for much of the Southeast.
- Memphis officials want to rename street after B.B. King Updated: Jun-20-15 11:20 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The city of Memphis has filed an application to rename a downtown street after the late bluesman B.B. King.
- Deacon says bullet was fired into door of Memphis church Updated: Jun-19-15 8:29 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Authorities are investigating a shooting after a bullet went through the back door of a Memphis church.
- 9 in West Tenn. face federal drug charges Updated: Jun-19-15 3:08 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Federal prosecutors say nine people have been charged in two separate indictments with selling methamphetamine, oxycodone, and marijuana in West Tennessee.
- Grizzlies' Jeff Green exercises option for 15-16 season Updated: Jun-18-15 4:15 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Grizzlies forward Jeff Green has exercised his player option keeping him with Memphis for the 2015-16 season.
- FBI seeking suspects who robbed credit union in Memphis Updated: Jun-18-15 4:07 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The FBI is seeking information about suspects who robbed a credit union in Memphis.
- FedEx shares fall on weak quarter, disappointing outlook Updated: Jun-17-15 4:42 pm
FedEx's latest quarterly results missed Wall Street expectations, as lower fuel surcharges and the strong dollar cut into revenue at its big express-shipping business.
- 19-year-old mother now faces murder charge in death of son Updated: Jun-16-15 10:00 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Authorities say they have upgraded charges against a 19-year-old Memphis mother in the death of her 2-year-old son.
- DeSoto Co. seeks to boost flood control through partnership Updated: Jun-16-15 6:17 am
HERNANDO, Mississippi - DeSoto is seeking $500,000 from the Corps of Engineers for feasibility studies of flood prevention projects for fiscal 2016.
- Dramatic turnaround leads to Arkansas' return to CWS Updated: Jun-11-15 5:43 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - When Arkansas was at its lowest this season, the opportunity to play every day was exactly the medicine it needed.
- Memphis couple charged with abandoning dog in home Updated: Jun-11-15 4:11 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A Memphis couple is charged with leaving a dog locked in a home for nearly a week without food or water.
- 4-year-old fatally shoots self after finding gun Updated: Jun-10-15 12:32 pm
RALEIGH, Tennessee - Officials say a 4-year-old boy has died after shooting himself with a gun he found in his parents' bedroom.