- Arkansas governor announces intent to pardon 7 Updated: Aug-04-15 6:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson says he intends to grant pardons to seven people.
- Arkansas governor suspends Medicaid terminations for 2 weeks Updated: Aug-04-15 5:22 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas is temporarily suspending its push to terminate coverage for thousands of people on Medicaid as state officials ease a backlog of responses from recipients trying to verify their eligibility, Gov. Asa Hutchinson announced Tuesday.
- Court hearing set for teen arrested in grandparents' deaths Updated: Aug-04-15 4:56 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - A judge has scheduled an Aug. 25 hearing for a central Arkansas teenager arrested in connection with the fatal shooting of his grandparents.
- Court hearing set for teen arrested in grandparents' deaths Updated: Aug-04-15 4:55 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - A judge has scheduled an Aug. 25 hearing for a central Arkansas teenager arrested in connection with his grandparents' deaths.
- Arkansas Tech picked to win Great American in volleyball Updated: Aug-04-15 3:36 pm
RUSSELLVILLE, Arkansas - Coaches in the Great American Conference have picked Arkansas Tech to repeat as the league's volleyball champion.
- 7 counties in Arkansas under burn bans Updated: Aug-04-15 3:21 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The number of counties with bans on outdoor burning in Arkansas is increasing.
- University of Arkansas opening soccer practices Updated: Aug-04-15 2:11 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas' women's soccer team will open practice Wednesday for its 2015 season.
- Jonesboro cops warn of scam involving warrant threat Updated: Aug-04-15 1:26 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Police in Jonesboro are warning about a scam in which a caller claims via telephone that residents must pay him money or risk arrest on an outstanding warrant.
- Collection of recent Arkansas editorials Updated: Aug-04-15 12:49 pm
A collection of editorial opinion from recent Arkansas newspapers:
- Arkansas starts fiscal year with revenue ahead of forecast Updated: Aug-04-15 11:47 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas started its fiscal year with tax revenue coming in higher than expected, finance officials said Tuesday, as the governor said a hiring freeze saved the state $2.5 million over the past several months.
- Investigation opened into fatal accident at Arkansas plant Updated: Aug-04-15 11:01 am
HARRISON, Arkansas - A spokesman for the federal Occupational Health and Safety Administration says an investigation has been opened into a fatal accident at a northern Arkansas plant.
- Midyear raises, bonuses not advised for Little Rock workers Updated: Aug-04-15 10:30 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Little Rock City Manager Bruce Moore says although revenue is about $1.2 million ahead of forecasts, he isn't advising midyear raises or bonuses for city employees.
- Police: Body found in burning car at Fayetteville restaurant Updated: Aug-04-15 2:07 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Police are investigating after a body was found in a burning car at a Fayetteville restaurant.
- Harding University senior vice president named to board Updated: Aug-03-15 6:34 pm
SEARCY, Arkansas - Harding University's senior vice president has been named to the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Arkansas AG, lawmakers denounce Obama power plant rules Updated: Aug-03-15 5:40 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Attorney General Leslie Rutledge and other top Republicans in Arkansas are criticizing and vowing to fight President Barack Obama's plan to dramatically cut emissions from U.S. power plants.
- Former Saline County sheriff pleads guilty to wire fraud Updated: Aug-03-15 5:37 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Federal prosecutors have announced that the former Saline County sheriff has pleaded guilty to wire fraud for using money from his campaign account to pay for personal items and expenses charged to his sheriff's office credit card.
- Arkansas governor names new senior health policy adviser Updated: Aug-03-15 4:47 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson has hired a staffer for fellow Republican U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton as his new senior health policy adviser.
- Arkansas fan day set for Aug. 16 at Razorback Stadium Updated: Aug-03-15 3:17 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas' football team and coaching staff will host its annual fan day on Aug. 16 inside Razorback Stadium.
- FEMA says aid tops $2 million after Arkansas storms Updated: Aug-03-15 2:52 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Federal officials say the government has provided more than $2 million in aid to help Arkansas recover from storms that hit in May and June.
- Fishermen worry over dam's release of warm water into river Updated: Aug-03-15 2:31 pm
NORFORK, Arkansas - Fishermen say they're concerned that warm water released from Norfork Dam will threaten trout that live in the river below.
- Baby chimp at LR Zoo named 'Jumoke,' a Swahili name Updated: Aug-03-15 1:44 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A baby chimpanzee at the Little Rock Zoo has been named "Jumoke" (joo-MOH'-keh), which is Swahili for "everyone loves the child."
- Little Rock Police Department sees more Hispanic applicants Updated: Aug-03-15 1:16 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Little Rock Police Department said 34 people of Hispanic descent have applied to join the force amid a push for a more diverse agency.
- UALR offering gift certificiate after hoop renewals Updated: Aug-03-15 1:02 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas at Little Rock men and women's basketball teams say they will give a $25 gift certificate for the team souvenir store to people who renew their season tickets by Friday.
- Tyson hit hard in 3 Q by rising beef costs and export issues Updated: Aug-03-15 11:29 am
NEW YORK - Tyson Foods' third-quarter-profit leapt 32 percent, but that was still short of expectations and the company cut its outlook with high cattle costs expected to continue to weigh on revenue growth.
- University of Arkansas hosting football dinner Aug. 28 Updated: Aug-03-15 11:24 am
SPRINGDALE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas will hold its seventh annual Razorback Football Kickoff Dinner for fans later this month in Springdale.