- Man who escaped Hot Springs jail gets 40 years in prison Updated: Feb-12-16 2:02 am
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - An Arkansas man whose head-first dive through a Garland County jail window was captured on video has been sentenced to 40 years in prison.
- Louisiana-Monroe knocks off Arkansas-Little Rock 86-82 Updated: Feb-11-16 11:38 pm
MONROE, Louisiana - Majok Deng and Justin Roberson had 23 points apiece as Louisiana-Monroe knocked off the Sun Belt Conference's top team, Arkansas-Little Rock, 86-82 on Thursday night.
- Long leads Louisiana-Lafayette past Arkansas State 83-73 Updated: Feb-11-16 11:18 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Shawn Long scored 17 points and grabbed 15 rebounds to help Louisiana-Lafayette beat Arkansas State 83-73 Thursday night for its ninth-straight win.
- Arkansas judge is charged in death of son left in hot car Updated: Feb-11-16 9:40 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas judge was arrested Thursday on a complaint of negligent homicide after the death of his son who was left in the back seat of a hot car last summer.
- Latest: Lawyers disagree with charge against judge for death Updated: Feb-11-16 9:17 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Latest on an Arkansas judge facing a negligent homicide charge after his son's death in the back seat of a hot car (all times local):
- Arkansas man to appeal verdict in real estate agent's death Updated: Feb-11-16 7:58 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A man convicted of capital murder and kidnapping in the death of a central Arkansas real estate agent has filed notice that he plans to appeal.
- University of Arkansas at Monticello to face Minnesota State Updated: Feb-11-16 6:43 pm
MONTICELLO, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas at Monticello baseball team is scheduled to play a three-game homestand this weekend against No. 9 Minnesota State.
- Bodies of 2 missing boaters recovered in Lake Maumelle Updated: Feb-11-16 6:32 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The bodies of two missing boaters have been recovered from Lake Maumelle, a day after the search for the men began.
- Arkansas' lottery sees record revenue of $58.7M in January Updated: Feb-11-16 5:22 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' lottery has generated more revenue and net proceeds in January than any month since ticket sales began in September 2009.
- Lawyer appeals ethics panel's decision on Arkansas treasurer Updated: Feb-11-16 4:54 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Little Rock attorney Matt Campbell has filed a circuit court petition challenging the Arkansas Ethics Commission's recent decision on a complaint he filed against Arkansas Treasurer Dennis Milligan.
- State attorneys argue Little Rock school takeover is valid Updated: Feb-11-16 4:51 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas attorneys have argued that complaints made by Little Rock families and former school board members about the state's 2015 takeover of the district should be dismissed.
- Influential Native American novel picked for reading program Updated: Feb-11-16 4:43 pm
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - A Pulitzer Prize-winning novel that helped launch a Native American literary movement has been picked for a community book read sponsored by the University of Arkansas-Fort Smith.
- Arkansas justice cites Johnny Cash in dissent over cash bail Updated: Feb-11-16 4:05 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A ruling that defendants can be required to pay their bail in cash drew objections Thursday from Arkansas' Supreme Court chief justice, who cited a man who had strong opinions about the legal system: Johnny Cash.
- Arkansas State women's tennis in back-to-back contests Updated: Feb-11-16 3:10 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Arkansas State University women's tennis team opens the 2016 dual match season this weekend with back-to-back contests.
- Official urging military members to buy renter's insurance Updated: Feb-11-16 1:20 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The state's insurance commissioner says members of the military stationed in Arkansas should consider buying renter's insurance because the Basic Allowance for Housing no longer covers it.
- Arkansas Court: Ex-lawmaker eligible to run for sheriff Updated: Feb-11-16 11:41 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' highest court says a former state lawmaker who was barred from running for sheriff because of a misdemeanor conviction is now eligible after his record was sealed.
- Human remains found in Hot Spring County wildlife area Updated: Feb-11-16 7:48 am
MALVERN, Arkansas - Police say that human remains have been found in a protected wildlife area in Hot Spring County.
- Arkansas AG offering workshops on dating violence Updated: Feb-10-16 7:21 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge is launching a series of workshops around the state aimed at helping educators combat dating abuse.
- Defense for Arkansas teen will ask to move to juvenile court Updated: Feb-10-16 6:49 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - Defense attorneys for an Arkansas teen charged in the shooting death of the couple who raised him as their grandson said Wednesday that they plan to ask for the case to be moved to juvenile court.
- Jail escapee from Saline County is recaptured in Texas Updated: Feb-10-16 6:36 pm
BENTON, Arkansas - Saline County authorities say an escapee from the county jail has been arrested in southeastern Texas.
- Little Rock police arrest third teen in woman's slaying Updated: Feb-10-16 4:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Police in Little Rock say a third teenager has been arrested in the shooting death of a woman in her driveway while she held her toddler.
- Malvern man convicted of rape asks jury for maximum sentence Updated: Feb-10-16 2:02 pm
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - An Arkansas man convicted of rape and attempted murder has been sentenced to life in prison plus 60 years after asking jurors to give him the maximum sentence.
- Little Rock voters approve bond issue for arts center Updated: Feb-10-16 7:43 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Voters in Little Rock have easily approved a plan that authorizes a bond issue of up to $37.5 million to pay for improvements at the Arkansas Arts Center.
- Man pleads not guilty in Texarkana sexual assault case Updated: Feb-10-16 6:11 am
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - A man accused of raping his former Sunday school teacher at gunpoint in Texarkana, Arkansas, has pleaded not guilty.
- Mississippi State beats Arkansas 78-46 Updated: Feb-09-16 11:51 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Mississippi State's 6-foot-10 freshman Aric Holman had the ball at the free-throw line and looked poised to make a move to the hoop.