- Arkansas freshman TE O'Grady arrested on DWI charge Updated: Aug-28-15 6:32 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas tight end C.J. O'Grady was arrested by Fayetteville police Friday and charged with driving while intoxicated and being a minor in possession of alcohol.
- Arkansas attorney general: Law allows 'open carry' of guns Updated: Aug-28-15 6:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A 2013 Arkansas law allows people to openly carry handguns if they don't plan on using them illegally against someone, Attorney General Leslie Rutledge said Friday, contrasting with her Democratic predecessor's stance.
- Raiders still seeking to identify backup running back Updated: Aug-28-15 4:33 pm
ALAMEDA, California - With a starting running back that hasn't had more than 100 carries in a season since entering the NFL, the Oakland Raiders know they will likely have to count on some of their backups to generate a consistent running game this season.
- Ex-Arkansas treasurer gets 2 ½ years in prison Updated: Aug-28-15 4:13 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Former Arkansas Treasurer Martha Shoffner was sentenced to 2 ½ years in prison on Friday following her conviction last year on federal bribery and extortion charges.
- Alabama man killed in head-on southwest Arkansas collision Updated: Aug-28-15 4:02 pm
GARLAND CITY, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say an Alabama man was killed when the sport utility vehicle he was driving collided head-on with a semi in southwestern Arkansas.
- Ex-Arkansas State hurdler finishes 8th at world championship Updated: Aug-28-15 2:47 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Former Arkansas State hurdler Sharika Nelvis finished eighth in the 100-meter hurdles at the IAAF World Championships in Beijing after stumbling over the final hurdle.
- Historic tugboat USS Hoga set for Arkansas Updated: Aug-28-15 2:44 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The historic tugboat, USS Hoga, will soon head to its new home in North Little Rock from California after federal officials cleared the journey, according to the Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum.
- The Latest: Judge had difficult decision, US attorney says Updated: Aug-28-15 2:38 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The latest on the sentencing of former Arkansas treasurer Martha Shoffner (all times local):
- Arkansas officials again suspend Medicaid cancellations Updated: Aug-28-15 1:59 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas officials on Friday suspended a push to terminate coverage for thousands of people on Medicaid for the second time this month after the federal government told the state to give beneficiaries more time to prove they're eligible.
- Remains belong to man who disappeared after barge accident Updated: Aug-28-15 11:27 am
HICKMAN, Arkansas - The Arkansas state medical examiner has identified human remains found earlier this month in the Mississippi River as those of a man who disappeared when a barge capsized in the waters last year.
- Man gets 4 months in jail for in cutting puppy's ears off Updated: Aug-28-15 7:41 am
SHERWOOD, Arkansas - A Sherwood man been sentenced to four months in jail for cutting off the ears of his 2-month-old puppy.
- Fayetteville, Pine Bluff, PA atop Arkansas football polls Updated: Aug-28-15 2:08 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Last season's Class 7A runner-up, Fayetteville, is a near-unanimous pick as the top team in Arkansas in the preseason Associated Press high school football poll.
- Central Arkansas veteran hospitals decrease some wait times Updated: Aug-27-15 6:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System has hired more staff, streamlined services and decreased wait times for several types of medical appointments by as much as 12 days on average.
- Ben Carson gains support as the other political outsider Updated: Aug-27-15 5:37 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Ben Carson's genial way of politicking is proving to be a draw for voters who like Donald Trump's status as a outsider but not his belligerence.
- Arkansas RB Williams most likely headed to NFL after season Updated: Aug-27-15 4:49 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Jonathan Williams has consistently earned the praise of teammates and coaches over the years for his selfless nature.
- Arkansas Parole Board adopts changes for parole violators Updated: Aug-27-15 3:50 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Parole Board has adopted changes in which parole violators might not be automatically arrested for some violations.
- End of coal-fired plant will save Jonesboro utility $50M Updated: Aug-27-15 2:59 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The head of Jonesboro's electric utility said the planned phase-out of a coal-fired plant near Pine Bluff will save his utility $50 million.
- Bald Knob police chief seeks 'guns prohibited' signs Updated: Aug-27-15 10:25 am
BALD KNOB, Arkansas - The Bald Knob police chief is encouraging local businesses to post "guns prohibited" signs to prevent residents from openly carrying weapons in public.
- Highway department to award $3 million to UCA Updated: Aug-27-15 9:28 am
CONWAY, Arkansas - The University of Central Arkansas is receiving a $3 million award to create an endowed faculty position that will focus on the trucking industry.
- Teen to be tried as adult for filming sex assault of girl Updated: Aug-27-15 6:57 am
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - A 19-year-old man accused of filming the rape of a girl in Siloam Springs will be tried as an adult.
- Free-spirited Tretola leads Arkansas' offensive line Updated: Aug-26-15 6:28 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Sebastian Tretola slowly stands at the mere mention of his possible obsessive compulsive disorder, and for a moment you aren't sure if this dreadlocked, 325-pound behemoth means you harm.
- Pilot injured after plane crash in eastern Jefferson County Updated: Aug-26-15 6:26 pm
GRIDERFIELD, Arkansas - Authorities say a 44-year-old pilot has minor injuries after crashing his single-engine crop duster in eastern Jefferson County.
- Former Little Rock school board member running for US House Updated: Aug-26-15 6:22 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A former member of the Little Rock School Board said Wednesday she's running for a U.S. House seat in central Arkansas, the first Democrat to launch a congressional bid in the state for 2016.
- Wal-Mart to stop selling AR-15s and similar weapons Updated: Aug-26-15 6:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Wal-Mart will stop selling the AR-15 rifle and other semi-automatic weapons at its stores because fewer people are buying them, a spokesman said Wednesday.
- Arkansas governor says work to continue after faith summit Updated: Aug-26-15 5:48 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson said Wednesday he wants the state to continue working with faith leaders about ways to address a shortage in foster homes and needs for re-entry programs for prisoners after a two-day summit focused on the topics.