- Trail to extend 67 miles through Santa Monica Mountains Updated: May-26-16 2:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - Hearty hikers will soon be able to travel an uninterrupted 67-mile path along the canyons and peaks of the Santa Monica Mountains.
- Actress Beth Howland, who played Vera on 'Alice,' dies at 74 Updated: May-25-16 12:57 pm
SANTA MONICA, California - Beth Howland, the actress best known for her role as a ditzy waitress on the 1970s and '80s CBS sitcom "Alice," has died. She was 74.
- Bartholomew County board blocks 100,000-panel solar farm Updated: May-24-16 3:23 pm
COLUMBUS, Indiana - Strong opposition by neighbors has led a south central Indiana board of zoning appeals to block a proposed solar farm.
- LA-area light rail now reaches from distant suburbs to sea Updated: May-20-16 4:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - Commuter light rail extended across metropolitan Los Angeles to the Pacific on Friday for the first time since the 1950s.
- The Latest: LA-area light rail now reaches to the ocean Updated: May-20-16 3:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on the extension of commuter light rail across Los Angeles to the Pacific for the first times in decades. (all times local):
- Hiker found dead at Sequoia National Park was TV director Updated: May-18-16 10:28 am
SEQUOIA NATIONAL PARK, California - Authorities say a hiker found dead last week at the base of a waterfall in California's Sequoia National Park was a 53-year-old from the Los Angeles area who worked as a television director.
- White House to honor 13 law enforcement officers for valor Updated: May-13-16 6:35 pm
The White House said Friday that it will honor 13 law enforcement officers for acts of valor under fire.
- White House to honor 3 officers for ending college shooting Updated: May-13-16 5:26 pm
SANTA MONICA, California - The White House says three Santa Monica police officers will receive the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor for their response to a 2013 rampage on a community college campus that left five people dead.