- Teacher to run 5K race 6 months after double lung transplant Updated: Apr-29-16 9:15 am
BOSTON - Six months to the day after undergoing a life-saving double lung transplant, a Boston school teacher who for his entire life has lived with a disease that robs him of lung capacity is running a 5K charity road race this weekend.
- Massachusetts Marine killed in Hawaii being honored Updated: Apr-29-16 7:23 am
HINGHAM, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts town is saying its final goodbyes to local Marine who died in a helicopter crash in Hawaii earlier this year.
- Boston Public Schools places bus monitor on paid leave Updated: Apr-29-16 4:32 am
BOSTON - Officials say a Boston Public Schools bus monitor has been placed on paid leave after video surfaced of the man using physical force to subdue a young student on a school bus.
- Officials: 58-year-old man killed by MBTA train in Medford Updated: Apr-29-16 4:31 am
MEDFORD, Massachusetts - Officials say a 58-year-old man was killed after he was hit by a Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority commuter rail train in suburban Boston.
- Giant Chinese zodiac sculptures are turning heads in Boston Updated: Apr-29-16 1:11 am
BOSTON - A dozen giant bronze animal heads representing the signs of the Chinese zodiac are stopping people in their tracks in downtown Boston and sparking conversations.
- Buchholz, Red Sox struggle in 5-3 loss to Braves Updated: Apr-29-16 12:31 am
BOSTON - Clay Buchholz struggled with his control when he needed it most and his teammates' timing wasn't much better.
- Braves end 8-game slide, beat Red Sox 5-3 behind Markakis Updated: Apr-29-16 12:12 am
BOSTON - Atlanta hitters got to Clay Buchholz early and never let up as the Braves pieced together a rare victory.
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Updated: Apr-29-16 12:09 am
BOSTON - The Atlanta Hawks had their best regular season in franchise history spoiled last year by a dismal showing against Cleveland in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Men accused in terror plot arraigned on additional charges Updated: Apr-28-16 9:00 pm
BOSTON - Two men already held on charges they conspired to help the Islamic State group have pleaded not guilty to additional terrorism charges.
- Whitey Bulger's girlfriend gets 21 more months in prison Updated: Apr-28-16 6:02 pm
BOSTON - The longtime girlfriend of Boston gangster James "Whitey" Bulger was sentenced Thursday to an additional 21 months in prison by a judge who said she had shown a "twisted" sense of loyalty to Bulger by refusing to testify about whether other people helped him while he was a fugitive.
- Massachusetts Senate approves under-21 ban on tobacco sales Updated: Apr-28-16 5:56 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate voted overwhelmingly Thursday to raise the minimum age for purchasing cigarettes and other tobacco products across the state, which could make it the second to raise its threshold to 21 years old.
- The Latest: Judge: Bulger's girlfriend had 'twisted' loyalty Updated: Apr-28-16 5:37 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on the sentence of the Catherine Greig, the longtime girlfriend of gangster James "Whitey" Bulger (all times local):
- Report: Massachusetts economy outperformed US in 1st quarter Updated: Apr-28-16 1:44 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts economists say the state significantly outperformed the nation as a whole in the first quarter.
- Three injured after SUV drives through Boston barber shop Updated: Apr-28-16 4:39 am
BOSTON - Police say three people were hospitalized after a sport utility vehicle crashed through the front of a barbershop in Boston's Mattapan neighborhood.
- Braves' HR drought ends, losing streak doesn't in 9-4 loss Updated: Apr-27-16 11:54 pm
BOSTON - The power-starved Atlanta Braves finally hit one out. Now, they've just got to find a way to start winning some games again.
- Braves recall RHP Gant, options RHP Weber Updated: Apr-27-16 8:17 pm
- Abington man arrested after leading police on chase Updated: Apr-27-16 4:53 pm
BOSTON - An Abington man who allegedly asked officers what he had to do to "get shot by the police" after leading them on a high-speed chase through several Massachusetts towns has been arrested.
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Updated: Apr-27-16 4:41 pm
BOSTON - Celtics coach Brad Stevens says that all signs point toward Isaiah Thomas being able to play in Game 6 against the Hawks.
- Ex-FBI agent accused of lying in Bulger case to plead guilty Updated: Apr-27-16 4:24 pm
BOSTON - A former FBI agent charged with perjury for lying during his testimony in the trial of Boston gangster James "Whitey" Bulger intends to plead guilty, according to a motion filed in court Wednesday by his lawyer and federal prosecutors.
- Pfizer agrees to $785M settlement in drug discount case Updated: Apr-27-16 2:03 pm
BOSTON - Drugmaker Pfizer Inc. has agreed to pay nearly $785 million to resolve allegations that one of its companies failed to give Medicaid the same discounts it provided to private purchasers of a heartburn treatment, federal prosecutors announced Wednesday.
- State will not pursue eviction of Iraqi refugees from motel Updated: Apr-27-16 6:58 am
SAUGUS, Massachusetts - State officials have abandoned plans to evict a family of nine Iraqi refugees now living in suburban Boston for allowing guests in their state-subsidized motel room.
- House adds funds for veterans, environment in state budget Updated: Apr-26-16 5:27 pm
BOSTON - House lawmakers have tacked more than $20 million on to the proposed state budget as they continue debate on the nearly $40 billion spending plan.
- Man arraigned on charges he assaulted police inside library Updated: Apr-26-16 12:50 pm
BOSTON - A Waltham man has been arraigned on charges he assaulted two police officers after refusing to leave the Boston Public Library.
- France train attack hero to speak at Massachusetts college Updated: Apr-26-16 11:22 am
BOSTON - The Oregon National Guardsman who helped thwart a terrorist attack on a Paris-bound train is scheduled to deliver the keynote address at commencement exercises at Boston's Fisher College.
- Massachusetts single-family home, condo sales soar in March Updated: Apr-26-16 10:49 am
BOSTON - More single-family homes were sold in Massachusetts last month than in any March since 2004, according to one group that tracks the market.