- New England mops up as snow falls on East Coast Updated: Feb-09-16 1:00 am
BOSTON - A wind-driven winter storm that brought blizzard conditions to Cape Cod and dropped several inches of snow on southeastern Massachusetts is expected to bring snow to other parts of the East Coast.
- TV lights go out at TD Garden during Beanpot championship Updated: Feb-09-16 12:16 am
BOSTON - The championship game of the 64th edition of Boston's Beanpot college hockey tournament was delayed for about 30 minutes on Monday night when the rink TV lighting went out in the first period. Power elsewhere in the building was not affected.
- BC beats BU in OT in 1st 1-0 Beanpot game in 64 year history Updated: Feb-09-16 12:13 am
BOSTON - Boston University forward Jordan Greenway barreled into the net and knocked Boston College goalie Thatcher Demko to the ice, where he remained long enough to scare his coach into checking on him.
- Northeastern beats Harvard 5-1 in Beanpot consolation game Updated: Feb-08-16 8:05 pm
BOSTON - Adam Gaudette had two goals and an assist, leading Northeastern to a 5-1 victory over Harvard in the Beanpot consolation game.
- The Latest: 30 of 70 on bus that crashed in snow were hurt Updated: Feb-08-16 4:06 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on the snowstorm that's moving into the Northeast (all times local):
- The Latest: Snow could last into New Hampshire primary day Updated: Feb-08-16 8:17 am
BOSTON - The Latest on the winter storm hitting the Northeast on Monday (all times local):
- Another winter storm bears down on Northeast Updated: Feb-08-16 7:21 am
BOSTON - The second winter storm in four days to hit the Northeast is expected to bring blizzard conditions to Cape Cod and southeastern Massachusetts and leave behind as much as 18 inches of snow.
- New England to get brunt of snowstorm heading east Updated: Feb-07-16 7:25 pm
BOSTON - Forecasters say parts of New England could get the brunt of a snowstorm that's heading for the east coast.
- Bruins prospect Subban stable after fracturing larynx Updated: Feb-07-16 6:25 pm
BOSTON - Boston Bruins prospect Malcolm Subban is in stable condition after fracturing his larynx during an American Hockey League game on Saturday.
- Avery Bradley's 25 points helps Celtics beat Kings Updated: Feb-07-16 4:38 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Celtics enjoyed a season-high scoring day to keep their current winning stretch rolling along.
- Police release identity of 22-year-old man shot in Roxbury Updated: Feb-07-16 4:28 pm
BOSTON - Police have released the identity of a man who was fatally shot in a Boston neighborhood.
- Backers to rally for plan to ban sale of some animal goods Updated: Feb-07-16 1:01 pm
BOSTON - Animal rights advocates will gather on Beacon Hill to press lawmakers on a proposal that would ban the sale of food products from farms that keep animals in small, restrictive cages.
- Massachusetts man hit by falling tree limb after storm dies Updated: Feb-07-16 12:06 pm
CANTON, Massachusetts - Authorities say a Massachusetts man who was struck by a falling tree limb after a snowstorm has died from his injuries.
- Marchand scores on penalty shot in OT, Bruins top Sabres 2-1 Updated: Feb-06-16 11:36 pm
BOSTON - It worked out perfectly for the Boston Bruins when Brad Marchand, the team's hottest scorer, was awarded a penalty shot in overtime.
- Police: Man hit by falling tree limb in critical condition Updated: Feb-06-16 4:33 pm
CANTON, Massachusetts - A 48-year-old man has been hospitalized after being struck by a falling tree limb following a winter snowstorm.
- Beacon Hill lawmakers head north for New Hampshire primary Updated: Feb-06-16 9:56 am
BOSTON - The New Hampshire primary is just days away and that can only mean one thing in neighboring Massachusetts - a mass exodus of elected officials from Beacon Hill to the frozen north to stump for the candidate of their choice.
- DraftKings makes long delayed push into UK Updated: Feb-05-16 2:10 pm
BOSTON - As its industry continues to tangle with U.S. policymakers, daily fantasy sports giant DraftKings is making its long-anticipated international push with a launch Friday in the United Kingdom.
- Boston police, state police engage in turf battle Updated: Feb-05-16 7:48 am
BOSTON - Boston's police commissioner is backing a bill that would address a jurisdictional battle between state police and city police over which agency is responsible for patrolling the Seaport District.
- No. 16 Miami women pull away from Boston College 67-62 Updated: Feb-04-16 9:38 pm
CHESTNUT HILL, Massachusetts - Jessica Thomas scored 14 points, Adrienne Motley added 13 and No. 16 Miami beat Boston College 67-62 on Thursday night.
- UMass-Boston to begin offering student housing in 2018 Updated: Feb-04-16 6:43 pm
BOSTON - The University of Massachusetts is planning to offer student housing at its Boston campus beginning in September 2018.
- State approves deal ending Boston's dispute over Wynn casino Updated: Feb-04-16 3:59 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts closed the books on Boston's bitter fight over Wynn Resorts' $1.7 billion casino development in Everett on Thursday as state gambling regulators unanimously approved an accord between the city and the Las Vegas casino giant.
- 10 charged with blocking Boston-area highway plead guilty Updated: Feb-04-16 1:44 pm
QUINCY, Massachusetts - Ten more Black Lives Matter protesters charged with blocking a major Boston-area highway during rush hour, forcing ambulances to reroute, have pleaded guilty but avoided jail time.
- Boston Marathon organizer buys building near start line Updated: Feb-04-16 1:18 pm
HOPKINTON, Massachusetts - The Boston Athletic Association has bought an office building in Hopkinton just yards from the Boston Marathon starting line.
- In Boston area, the bald eagle population is soaring Updated: Feb-04-16 12:26 pm
BOSTON - People spotting bald eagles in the skies over the Boston area aren't hallucinating - there really are more of the majestic birds of prey setting up shop in the urban eastern areas of the state, experts say.
- Troubled bar near Fenway Park closing for good Updated: Feb-04-16 7:22 am
BOSTON - A popular bar near Fenway Park that's been the site of several violent incidents, including a fatal shooting in November, is shutting down for good.